New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default How to get more HD outsiders using Summon Planar Ally

I'd like to ask the playground what's available for increasing the available HD with the spell Summon Planar Ally and its lesser/greater versions.

This is related to a project i'm working on involving clerics and persistent spell/divine meta magic and the thread regarding PS i posted a moment ago.

Basically: Looking at a couple theory builds for making a warrior/caster gish that can hold off an army of by himself, and the various options available to him to help him do that. Summons present an opportunity to gain assistance and buy time for rest, healing, etc. They can also increase the character's effectiveness. I noticed that Solar's are listed in the d20pfsrd's list of outsiders, and wondered if there was a way to increase the threshhold of 18HD up to 22HD so that a Solar could be summoned, though ways to increase it with lesser and normal versions are also helpful because even just getting a 13 or 14 HD summon out of a regular planar ally spell is really useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnq View Post
    Wizards wind up Incanatrixs/Ultimate Magus/Whatevers. Clerics turn into CoDzillas. Blah Blah Blah. Boring. Seriously. Done this long enough that winning isn't the point. Winning with STYLE is the point.
    [10:15:05 PM] jack.of.thunder: if nothing tempts you, nothing tempts you. If no race beckons, none beckons. Cards fall where they may, where they might, where they must. That is how legends are born.

The Little Mailman

Garet Jax

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: How to get more HD outsiders using Summon Planar Ally

Malcontents 8 will bump the hd cap on your planar ally / planar binding spells by 2. Implore from dragon magazine #336 calls up to 24 hd. I don't believe they stack.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Where's Malcontents?
    Wizards wind up Incanatrixs/Ultimate Magus/Whatevers. Clerics turn into CoDzillas. Blah Blah Blah. Boring. Seriously. Done this long enough that winning isn't the point. Winning with STYLE is the point.
    [10:15:05 PM] jack.of.thunder: if nothing tempts you, nothing tempts you. If no race beckons, none beckons. Cards fall where they may, where they might, where they must. That is how legends are born.

The Little Mailman

Garet Jax

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: How to get more HD outsiders using Summon Planar Ally

http://dndtools.eu/classes/malconvoker/

Also look into Reserves of Strength feat.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Reserves of str won't help, the HD aren't based on my caster level. useful for summon monster though.

The Little Mailman

Garet Jax

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

sigh Re: How to get more HD outsiders using Summon Planar Ally

Malconvoker not malcontents, stupid auto-correct.

Still trying to finagle my way into a bard based malconvoker. Requires homebrewing to make it work.