New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Avatar Theme Week RP: What a week!

Welcome to Ah-Vatar

In the land of Thema

Please enter only when involved with theme week.

Each change will be determined with a post saying when it changed and what theme it changed to.

Any suggested additions to the OP will be appreciated

Description
    In Ah-Vatar everything can change in an instant. People change, not just looks, but also abilities. All changes happen to everyone and everything at the same time. And, oddly, it all seems to follow a theme. The main town is in the middle of a large area. The large area changes with everything else. The only area that remains the same is the town. Everything else changes with the theme of the people. Originally everyone was of different races, but now everyone seems to be the same or similar.
    There is a curfew on certain days when people must be in the town during changes to prevent any harm to them. Changes generally will be safe, but to be sure nothing bad happens, players should get to town. Players are required by law (not by rules of RP, so you can technically break this rule) to stay in the boundries of Ah-Vatar from dusk to daw the night of the change.

Central of all things theme week
    Current theme week
    Character Collection
    OOC

More will be added here later.

Let’s begin!

Currently, the town is surrounded by a fey infested/themed mystical forest.

- - - Updated - - -
    ((My RP))
    Immer leaped across the towns border as the curfew was enforced ((If we are going with that)). He was tucking in for a roll when he landed, but instead found himself floating slightly off of the ground. He dropped down, and looked back, seeing grayish wings spreading from his back. Nice he thought. He looked at the area outside, seeing a beautiful forest. He lifted up, trying out his newfound wings. He lifted up, looking at the forest from above, but staying inside the towns borders. He knew better than to go outside the edge before morning. Things could still change. He could be hurt or lost or trapped in the middle of no where. He decided to fly above and scout out what other people looked like nowadays.
    ((Immer is a teenager, in human terms. We should probably state what age our characters are, it's important))
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-07-14 at 05:13 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Theme Week RP: What a week!

Cuthillius climbed up a large beech tree standing next to his hut. He stared at the clouds above, muttering angrily about the shade.

Why can'z zhere be zome zun? I vant'a zun!

He jumps down on to the roof of the hut and flops down. Aaargh, no zun. I'ma madz aboit thiz.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Kendall was just walking down the street when the change happened this time. Her hair spun out of it's usual braid and tumbled down her back, turning purple at the ends. Once again, her clothes change against her will as she finds herself wearing some sort of flowy thing and in an instant she realizes not only are her pointed ears even longer than normal, but she has wings protruding from her back.
    "So we're some sort of fey now?" She scowls at the wings and tries to tie her hair back, only for it to slip right out of the ribbon again. "And my hair is stuck down. Well, might as well try these wings while I've got them." She jumps and flutters her wings, but quickly tumbles to the ground, grumbling about stupid flimsy wings. After several minutes she manages to get off the ground and flies above the city to look around.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2014-07-09 at 08:43 PM.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

A knee-high blur of brown and purple sped through the city, weaving through legs and ducking behind corners in a somewhat pitiful attempt at stealth. It’s not as if she needed behave this way. It just felt appropriate.

What had once been a willowy elf maiden now found herself a diminutive two feet tall at best, and 1’10” most other times. Gone along with her height was her magical ability, and most of her equipment as well. This recent transformation came at a most inopportune time, she mused to herself, but at least she was within her house this time. Her thoughts wavering towards an encounter not too long ago with a stray cat that became a dire tiger, before being jerked away back to reality as a horse hoof narrowly missed her head.

Maetheline Blue, once Hexcrafter and Magus: Mistress of the Supernatural and Arcane, now just a Brownie, and not the chocolate kind with nuts and caramel, saw little benefit in the transformation. She had been reaching for a sewing basket on the top shelf when she found her target ascending quickly out of her reach, the exact opposite of what her Flight Hex had led her to expect. The premature expiration of the aforementioned hex soon after left the small elf bumped and bruised from a fall several times higher relative to her new size, and even further now in her quest to repair the torn curtain.

Yet not all was lost; though the stepladder proved too cumbersome for her new form to move, its services were soon rendered irrelevant as the curtain cleaned and mended itself at a touch, and a dusty cabinet shed itself of its coating at her glance, balling up the offending dust bunnies and rolling them out of sight. It seemed that the new form was not entirely terrible. Maethel briefly amused herself with physically chasing every dust bunny out of the house, but now with her chores completed in record time, a more pressing matter was at hand.

While the changes to the townspeople and animals may be of only minor concern, causing embarrassment at worst, the changes outside of the borders could potentially be far more dangerous, and she wanted to be ready for what was to come.
    (( Maethel was originally an elf, and of approximate young adult age. She stopped keeping track of exact numbers to avoid freaking out her companions.))
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-07-10 at 01:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

After some practice flying, Immer sees Kendall's attempt and failure at using the wings. He laughs to himself, then shoots over, circling her as she lifts up on the second attempt. There is a look of mirth upon his face, as if he had been laughing at Kendall's failed attempt at flight (which he had been). He started doing flips around her, taunting her with his newfound ability to fly.
    Better hope you don't fall!
    Immer drops down to a few feet above the ground before shooting back up. He starts to go of on his own, doing tricks in the air.
    This is so much fun! Wings are awesome!
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    After some practice flying, Immer sees Kendall's attempt and failure at using the wings. He laughs to himself, then shoots over, circling her as she lifts up on the second attempt. There is a look of mirth upon his face, as if he had been laughing at Kendall's failed attempt at flight (which he had been). He started doing flips around her, taunting her with his newfound ability to fly.
    Better hope you don't fall!
    Immer drops down to a few feet above the ground before shooting back up. He starts to go of on his own, doing tricks in the air.
    This is so much fun! Wings are awesome!
    "Brilliant." She sighs. "To be fair though, your wings are bigger than mine, and you don't have to deal with long hair sitting on top of them."

((If we're stating ages, Kendall is a young adult, though as she's normally an elf, she's like 120-ish))

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know what's weird? Changing height. And when that specifically involves shrinking, some simple tasks become a lot more difficult.

Case in point, Cly. Cly had been transformed into a fairy just now, and she was the sort of fairy that didn't even reach four inches. As such, opening her front door to peek outside at everyone proved to be a great deal more tricky than normal.
    Last edited by CapedLuigiYoshi; 2014-07-10 at 09:28 PM.
    Pseudo-Luigi of the Solt Lorkyurg Fanclub.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeo View Post
    So Vaarsuvius is an Epic Whatsit now. "Whatsit". I think I like that term.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    "Brilliant." She sighs. "To be fair though, your wings are bigger than mine, and you don't have to deal with long hair sitting on top of them."

((If we're stating ages, Kendall is a young adult, though as she's normally an elf, she's like 120-ish))
    Immer chuckles as he flips away. It seems to be getting a little dark though, so he drops to the ground, and jumps with a wing flutter through his open window.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-07-11 at 07:20 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

After about half an hour of wrestling with the doorknob which Cly was now too small to grip properly, she finally manages to open her door a crack, enough to start pushing it open... which also goes slowly due to her size. Ah well, she does get there eventually, and flies up once outside her [house/flat/whatever-I'll-decide-later] to see how everyone else is faring.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Immer flops down in his bed, careful not to push his wings the wrong way. After a little bit, he gets up. He stands, and walks to his window. He puts his elbows on the sill, and his chin in his hands. He looks out, distracted, and lost in thought.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

By now, Cly is flying around town and looking at folks from above.

Seems like some sort of fairy theme to her... wait, no, there's some elvish-looking people. So... general fey theme, then? Elves are fey, right?

Clearly, this girl doesn't have enough experience with traditional fantasy systems if this is her thought process.

Oh yeah, and it shouldn't be hard to spot her. Like, she's flying high enough to be out of reach of the average person standing on the ground, but she's still visible. And despite avatar-related indications, she doesn't have a sword on her at the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"FFFFFAAAAAH-"
    *crash!*

Uryuu groans as he attempts to sit up. What had happened?

WARNING - Systems failing. Sections 2, 3 and 6 shutting down. Structural damage. ERROR - Wing sta...

Though he had landed on it, Uryuu's head ached far worse than it really should. After a moment of trying, all he had managed to do was collapse on his back in pain.

WA... imminent overhe... ...all sections...

Closing his eyes, Uryuu finally came to the conclusion that his electronic systems were damaged in the crash. Ah yes, that must be it. As silence fell in his mind, Uryuu kept his eyes closed for just a moment. Just one moment...

As he lay semiconscious beside the hole in the ground that he had made, Uryuu did not quite realise exactly what had happened. As creatures of flighthave no natural concept of 'falling' Uryuu had no way of knowing the force at which he had conne ted with the ground should have snapped his neck. Yet it did not.

An evening breeze ruffled the fur on his belly and playfully blew around the cause of his crash. Where large draconic wings should have been, there were whisps of red and black magic in the form of dragonfly wings instead. Indeed, unbeknownst to Uryuu, that which had caused his first transformation had also largely replaced his electronics with fey magics.

((An OOC note - I am not RPing my avatar as it would be less fun than this character. I think it is okay, but please let me know if it is not.))
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

On the night of the change, Anna (a young human wizard) decided it would be best if she stayed home tonight. After combing out her long red hair she decided to have a bath.

While washing her hair, she felt her skin shiver as the change flowed through her. Quickly rinsing the soap from her eyes she looked down to see her legs had been replaced by a tail, her feet by flowing fins. Her skin had turned green and there were delicate webs between her fingers. Her hair looked like multicolored blades of seaweed.

“I'm a mermaid!” she gasped. “Oh great. Am I going to be stuck in this tub all week?”
    Last edited by Kaariane; 2014-07-24 at 03:41 AM.
    I've got inkscape and I'm not afraid to use it!

Extended Sig full of avatary goodness!

14. - Top - End - #14

The forest yawned before her hungrily, though its gaping maw seemed already filled with stars. They danced about merrily, illuminating in faint light an undergrowth filled with wild and fantastical growths. A deep welling of desire to join them in their carousing bubbled up in Maethel's soul, an emotion met with horror and dread by the more rational part of her being, or at the least, the parts with a stronger sense of self preservation. Though she technically was a fey herself, there was little to assure her that she wouldn't be swallowed up by the forest. The fate of those who came out the other end could scarce be said to be pleasant. It involved quite a lot of gibbering and screaming about cities of glass and shattered sighs, she was told. After all, the word 'eldritch' did originally mean 'elven', and there was nothing to indicate that the word no longer applied.

Nevertheless, even the threat of a nasty fate did little to deter Maethel's curiosity. With great effort, she managed to clamber up the monumental 8 feet up the town walls to stand upon the crenelations. Far away in the distance, flashes of foxfire lit up the canopy, setting the forest ablaze in a wash of unnatural colors.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The Knight felt the change come over him one evening as he walked the town. He looked at himself and saw that his armor had changed. It was still scarlet, but everything was lighter, more delicate. He ran to a horse trough and looked at his reflection.

“Thank goodness my identity is still protected.”

The trough was next to a tower in town, rumored to belong to a human wizard. From a window above, he heard a crash and splashing.
    “The wizard! She’s responsible for the change!”

He looked at the delicate etchings in his shield, and admired its strength and lightness.

“Verily”, the knight mused, “She’s hath a fine eye for equipment .”
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"I disagree Sir Knight"
    A red-headed elf in leaf-colored light leather armor and made of cape of sunshine, sky and clouds, a rapier of thorns sheathed at her hip, walked up to him
    "It be more than thee, for I am now a Swashbuckler of Summer, quick and nimble. My name be Lady Raziere, can I know the pleasure of yours?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    The forest yawned before her hungrily, though its gaping maw seemed already filled with stars. They danced about merrily, illuminating in faint light an undergrowth filled with wild and fantastical growths. A deep welling of desire to join them in their carousing bubbled up in Maethel's soul, an emotion met with horror and dread by the more rational part of her being, or at the least, the parts with a stronger sense of self preservation. Though she technically was a fey herself, there was little to assure her that she wouldn't be swallowed up by the forest. The fate of those who came out the other end could scarce be said to be pleasant. It involved quite a lot of gibbering and screaming about cities of glass and shattered sighs, she was told. After all, the word 'eldritch' did originally mean 'elven', and there was nothing to indicate that the word no longer applied.

Nevertheless, even the threat of a nasty fate did little to deter Maethel's curiosity. With great effort, she managed to clamber up the monumental 8 feet up the town walls to stand upon the crenelations. Far away in the distance, flashes of foxfire lit up the canopy, setting the forest ablaze in a wash of unnatural colors.
    Immer saw this, and shot out of his window. He flew up towards her, flying at high speeds. He managed to stop himself before hitting anything, and land on the wall next to Maethel. Immediately, he saw the colors in the forest, instantly distracted. He stared at its beauty for a while, but then remembered why he had come.
    It's not safe up here yet. You should know that!
    An arrow shot through the sky, flying towards Immer. He dropped backwards off the wall, catching himself with his wings. He shot after the arrow, and made sure it hit no one where it landed. He picked it up, and quickly flew back to the wall. He shows the arrow to Maethel.
    We have enemies here.
    Spoiler: Arrow
    Show

The point of the arrow glows a soft blue.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "I disagree Sir Knight"
    A red-headed elf in leaf-colored light leather armor and made of cape of sunshine, sky and clouds, a rapier of thorns sheathed at her hip, walked up to him
    "It be more than thee, for I am now a Swashbuckler of Summer, quick and nimble. My name be Lady Raziere, can I know the pleasure of yours?"
    A cape made of sunshine and cloud? How does that even work?

...Is what Cly seems to be wondering. The small fairy has taken notice of Raziere's unusual armor and flies in for a closer look.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Immer saw this, and shot out of his window. He flew up towards her, flying at high speeds. He managed to stop himself before hitting anything, and land on the wall next to Maethel. Immediately, he saw the colors in the forest, instantly distracted. He stared at its beauty for a while, but then remembered why he had come.
    It's not safe up here yet. You should know that!
    An arrow shot through the sky, flying towards Immer. He dropped backwards off the wall, catching himself with his wings. He shot after the arrow, and made sure it hit no one where it landed. He picked it up, and quickly flew back to the wall. He shows the arrow to Maethel.
    We have enemies here.
    Spoiler: Arrow
    Show

The point of the arrow glows a soft blue.
    Maethel examined the missiles and spoke slowly in a measured tone, choosing her words carefully.
    "The forest is glamoured, but there should be no humans left in town by now. If they know that and yet still attack us so readily..."
    She inhaled, drawing a dreaded conclusion. Her next words came out in a strangled whisper,
    "I can't be certain, but I think the fairies are at war."
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-07-12 at 08:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Maethel examined the missiles and spoke slowly in a measured tone, choosing her words carefully.
    "The forest is glamoured, but there should be no humans left in town by now. If they know that and yet still attack us so readily..."
    She inhaled, drawing a dreaded conclusion. Her next words came out in a strangled whisper,
    "I can't be certain, but I think the fairies are at war."
    But why would they be angry at us. We haven't done anything... Realization spreads across Immer's face. Yet.
    Do you think this is a preemptive attack. They expect us to attack them, so they attack us first.?
    Immer frowns, deep in thought.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

But why would they be angry at us. We haven't done anything... Realization spreads across Immer's face. Yet.
    Do you think this is a preemptive attack. They expect us to attack them, so they attack us first.?
    Immer frowns, deep in thought.
    "I don't think it's us they're mad at. That looked like just a warning shot. If they wanted to attack us, what's stopping them from going all out right now? No, I think it's an internal war.
    When the Seelie and Unseelie fought, there were no noncombatants and everyone was a victim.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-07-12 at 08:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... Maybe.
    Immer suddenly looks around, as if hit by realization.
    We should have a town gathering! Tell everyone about it so they can be ready by the morning.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CapedLuigiYoshi View Post
    A cape made of sunshine and cloud? How does that even work?

...Is what Cly seems to be wondering. The small fairy has taken notice of Raziere's unusual armor and flies in for a closer look.
    "Oh, interested in my armor little one? I will tell you the tale of how I obtained it. Years ago, I was but a humble mercenary with only leather armor and a bronze blade, I tried to a build a home for myself out of cedar and vines, but the tree I tried to cut down for it was an ent, and oh was he furious at me for not telling the difference between a normal tree and an ent, for Ents are the nobles of trees and do not like to be mistaken for the common rabble, he chased me around as I tried to run from him, but I inadvertently led him into the mountains where he was attacked by a great big blizzard with wings of speeding snowflakes and talons of infinite razor-sharp hail. Not wanting for him to die to a creature of Winter, I drew my blade and charged on top of the blizzard's back and sliced it half by dragging my blade down its spine.

Thus did the ent recognize my bravery and my compassion, so he gathered leaves from shield tree and wove them together into my armor, plucked this sword off of a vine of blades, and then reached into the sky grabbing some of its blue to weave the first part of the cape, then inhaled to draw in clouds that came in toward him and woven them in, then finally with a flourish he used the cape like a net to catch some of the elusive suns rays into its embrace and thus did it become the cape you see today, gifting it all to me and naming me a Swashbuckler or Dervish of Summer, so that all may recognize my bravery! and that my friend is how this armor was made."

She told the little fairy.
    "By the way, my name is Lady Raziere, may I have the pleasure of knowing yours?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #24

Hmm... Maybe.
    Immer suddenly looks around, as if hit by realization.
    We should have a town gathering! Tell everyone about it so they can be ready by the morning.
    "Yes, that would be wise, lest they try to subvert us."
    And she was off, sprinting over rooftops and balustrades. All through town, people spied a small blur at knee level, and heard a message in their ear.
    "Gather at the town square."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, that would be wise, lest they try to subvert us."
    And she was off, sprinting over rooftops and balustrades. All through town, people spied a small blur at knee level, and heard a message in their ear.
    "Gather at the town square."
    As she runs off, Immer takes flight. He shoots toward the town square. Upon arrival, he tells everyone to stay organized. As people arrive, he says Calm down, calm down to worried people, and There is an announcement to make to everyone.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

So many words! To be sure, it was an interesting enough story, but still more in one sitting than the fairy was expecting.

Speaking of words, and speaking of speaking of, she was just asked- okay, my narration's getting a bit too flowery here.

"Me? Um, I'm Cly."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Uryuu flicked a furry cat-like ear blearily at a whisper.

Town square?

Well, he supposed it would be easy enough to find. Slowly, Uryuu got to his feet and padded toward what should be the town square.
    There seemed to be quite a few rather small beings around, which caused him worry and had him looking down almost constantly.

EDIT - Said one thing; meant another.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-07-12 at 09:58 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

As she runs off, Immer takes flight. He shoots toward the town square. Upon arrival, he tells everyone to stay organized. As people arrive, he says Calm down, calm down to worried people, and There is an announcement to make to everyone.
    Kendall lands, scowling the the fey who taunted her earlier. "Then just make the announcement. No need to dilly dally.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Kendall lands, scowling the the fey who taunted her earlier. "Then just make the announcement. No need to dilly dally.
    Immer looks at her.
    I am waiting for everyone, and for Maethel, who is wiser on this topic.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "I disagree Sir Knight"
    "Forgive my rudenss, m'lady. I was deep in thought" The knight bowed with a grace that he never had before . " I would give thee my name, if it was mine. However, it hath been forfeit, and thus I remain without family. If name is needed, Rutger will serve. Thou dost not think the wizard is to blame?"
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett