New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Little Big Adventure and LBA 2: Twinsey's Odyssey, little help?

Hey there!

Started this thread just because I wanted to ask some questions to those who have played these two games, I'd be happy if someone could help me. When I was a kid I had a demo of Twinsey's Odyssey on my computer and I really liked that game, but since it was a demo, I never got to play the entire game. But as a kid I didn't understand english and my dad translated things for me, and I didn't really care about the story or anything. Not that I remember much of the game, but it did seem to have a nice story. So, quickly, two questions:

1 - Can I play Twinsey's Odyssey without playing the first game? Am I missing too much? You think I should play the first game? I want to pick up "where I stopped" - I have good memories of playing that demo for hours and hours, and I'd like to play the game that I know. But if I'm missing stuff, I'll probably start from the first.

2 - How do you think these games have aged? Some old games that we liked are still classics, others don't age so well. I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Little Big Adventure and LBA 2: Twinsey's Odyssey, little help?

Mh, dem memories...

1. It's not required, but it certainly helps. There's not too much overlap in characters (if any at all) beyond Twinsen himself. Personally I'd say that playing both is a good idea, since they're still surprisingly charming.

2. Hm... difficult. The controls are certainly terrible by today's standards. (Changing between 4 states of behavior (clever, but can be clunky); isometric tank controls...) Visually speaking they should still be fairly ok, since they weren't trimmed for realism. Stylized graphics tend to hold up better. (But the first one at least is gonna look pretty basic regardless, make no mistake there.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)