days. That + Spirit Visage will make his damage
    fairly negligible. But dear Sweet Baby Jesus
    that was a painful game to go through. I
    learned my lesson whole heartedly.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuSincerely,
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuu-TechnOkami

P.S.- I'm actually not entirely sure what other
    champions can take Ryze on toe to toe. Maybe
    those nice people at GitP could tell me.
    White text here because forum posting is funny.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LX: A Song of Loss and Ire - Dance at Dragon

Vlad is... actually my most preferred champion of my main 4 to pick into Ryze and win?

Early on in lane you have to play a little passive, since he can throw out 2-3 of his Q for each one of yours (though doing so will cause him to blow through all his mana and leave him vulnerable once you steal all your health back) but after you get revolver you're laughing because you can push him into tower forever because he needs to blow ult constantly to be able to keep up with your sustain and waveclear. You both scale about as well into late-game anyway with AoE magic DPS (Ryze has better burst with his rotation, but Vlad has the teamwide damage amp utility), but Vlad should have the easier laning phase.

So I'm not sure what your problem with Vlad v. Ryze is, but if you're having really bad problems with Ryze you can just pick J4 or Fiora and kill him level 2.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-19 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Gnar? Gnar. Gnar. Gnar!

Sorry, got a little distracted there, what was I saying? Oh, so I've definitely won Shyvana and Mundo lanes against a Ryze. In both cases, once you get that negatron cloak and some MR, you just don't take enough damage for Ryze to present a credible threat. Shyvana (<3 dragon) also has the ability to push really hard if you want to, and if you can pull your jungler up there for a countergank (and depending somewhat on the relative strengths of the junglers) you can definitely win the 2v2 and set the other team really far back.

Also, remember that a teleport Ryze should have literally no kill potential on you, and an ignite Ryze means you take every dragon.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Shyvana can be pretty aggressive at level 1 and after level 6 against Ryze, since those are both the points where you have more gap-closing ability than he has snares. Otherwise you need to be a little careful until you get your Spectre's Cowl, since he can hurt you if you don't give him enough respect.

The last time I was in a Shyvana vs. Ryze matchup I was 40cs behind at 10 minutes, but we both teleported and I got the unofficial quadra at Dragon, so it was gg from then-on. It's a doable match-up, but it's definitely not one that I enjoy (the ones I enjoy, of course, are the ones where I can be an utter **** and rush dumb **** like Trinity Force and stomp everyone).

I haven't played the Diana vs. Ryze match yet, but I don't imagine that it would be very dramatic until level 6 (unless he lets you poke him enough for a flash-kill), the way most Diana v. ranged matches are.

Fiora, as mentioned, can kill him level 2 onwards, though if you don't succeed your first attempt you're probably pretty screwed.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-19 at 08:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Also, jungle ganks can shut down Ryze really well. Early on, especially before he has any cdr, he has one very short duration CC ability and that's it. If your jungler gets there and you get there, one of you is getting to Ryze.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.