New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: what would happen if parsons "cheated"

On a different note, everyone can clearly act to some extent, even when it's not their "turn". Wanda has been busy torturing Jillian all night. Sizemore has been educating Parson. Bogroll has been making armor and pie. Just because war doesn't happen then doesn't mean that people are helpless.

Now, whether or not people can "move" at night is an interesting question. If so, I expect Parson to use it for at least a temporary advantage.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm. God Mode. Interesting to see how this will be implemented.
    Seth's Signature v2.2 Now with 33% less fat!
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    Why do people read these things anyway?
    Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to throw in your two cents? Somebody's making a penny here...
    AAA (Amazingly Awesome Avatar) by Bloddyredcommie

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by donkyhotay View Post
    I'm imagining a unit with unlimited attacks/moves per turn which is what parson would be then. That would be easy for him to just pick up a sword and go on a stabbing spree and never end the turn. Even if all other units run out of moves this would not apply to parson.
    I don't think he could defend against ALL those counter attack rolls.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fractal View Post
    On a different note, everyone can clearly act to some extent, even when it's not their "turn". Wanda has been busy torturing Jillian all night. Sizemore has been educating Parson. Bogroll has been making armor and pie. Just because war doesn't happen then doesn't mean that people are helpless.
    Wanda's statement that Jillian would be "in the clear" once dawn arrives implies that that activity is specific to the "between turns" night.

Now, whether or not people can "move" at night is an interesting question. If so, I expect Parson to use it for at least a temporary advantage.
    The twoll Jillian hit as a target of opportunity said he "hated ending turn out in the open field", but was presumably unable to get to a safer position. It may be a natural law of Erfworld that binds Parson as much as anyone.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Look like we're about to find when he tries to control units at night.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    FOSS Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCardinal View Post
    He might have to play by the rules, but how do we KNOW that? The simile doesn't really work, as Colin Powell was originally part of our world, and not summoned from another plane of existance with majorly different laws of nature. (At least not the last time I checked )
    A slightly more apt metaphor; can Superman turn off gravity? Well, just as here, the answer depends on how you define it. For himself (and others he carries with him) he can indeed, but he can't do so globally. It's an obvious distinction to make. Then again, we also don't know how Rob feels about red herrings, there might be nothing unusual about Parson except his otherworldly knowledge and strategy.

About all we really know at this point is that he's not going to be able to win the game instantly in one turn, as that would be a pretty boring, and quick, end to the strip.
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players,* to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
    *i.e., everybody.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    About all we really know at this point is that he's not going to be able to win the game instantly in one turn, as that would be a pretty boring, and quick, end to the strip.

He doesn't need to completely destroy Ansom in order to make "cheating" worthwhile. He only needs to gain an advantage from it. Do not forget that he is outnumbered 25-1. Even a really big cheat might only even things out. I suspect that he is about to try to use the dwagons to rain carnage down upon Ansom's land forces. He might be able to cripple the army or destroy the siege units. This would change the focus of the battle from the surface assault to the underground attack, which was originally supposed to be a feint but might turn out to be Ansom's only remaining avenue of assault.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maybe it's an inbuilt rule that units can't move if their "move" attribue is spent, but if the dragons didn't move during the day can they move at night?
    "Power is merely the faculty to act. It is a kinetic quantity few can grasp. The deaths of these fanatics costs me nothing. I can replace them. Because I never stop moving."

-Lucian~Fortuna Saga-

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

If the setting of the sun dictates the end of the turn, then maybe if he keeps moving west, then he can make his turn longer than it really is. By going west, he is going back in time zones. If it takes me one hour to go from a city in GMT-5 to a city in GMT-6, then I will get there at the same hour and (almost the same) sun position as a I left. If the turn ends when the sun sets, then he can just keep going west with a fast creature. He then only has to stop moving when he runs out of move.