New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default PSN and Street Fighter IV confusion

I'm having problems upgrading my Super Street Fighter IV to Ultra Street Fighter IV.
    I have the Super Street Fighter IV disk, so I bought the USSF4 add on. It didn't work, then noticed it is an add on for the Arcade Edition. So I bought the Arcade Edition. It still doesn't work.
    I deleted the files and I'm going to try and download them in order, but I'm afraid I may have messed up something. Is there another add on I need to buy? Do the add ons only work on the digital version (I have my SSF4 installed in the HD)?
    Please help!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PSN and Street Fighter IV confusion

It's possible that you're missing another update. Arcade Edition 2012, to be exactly, which was the version in between AE and Ultra. It does seem odd that you'd be required to have all the in-between versions to update to Ultra, though, so perhaps I'm wrong. I'm in a completely different situation, having originally bought the game as a digital download of the AE 2012 version, and on X-Box 360 to boot, so I can't be sure.

Though actually, are you absolutely sure the update didn't work after you got AE? For some strange reason they didn't update the title screen with Ultra, so it will still say "Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition" when you start the game. The background for the main menu will be different though, and of course you can easily tell based on if you have the new characters on the character select screen.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2014-07-15 at 09:35 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

I figured it out - my Super Street Fighter IV is an european disc. And they don't sell SSF4 on the PSN and I can't find it anywhere since it's old. >.>

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shinken View Post
    I figured it out - my Super Street Fighter IV is an european disc. And they don't sell SSF4 on the PSN and I can't find it anywhere since it's old. >.>
    Are you sure they don't sell it on PSN? That would be very odd, since they definitely do on X-Box Live.

...yeah, a quick google search tells me it's there.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Are you sure they don't sell it on PSN? That would be very odd, since they definitely do on X-Box Live.

...yeah, a quick google search tells me it's there.
    That's the Arcade Edition. I have it as an add-on. I wanted the plain Super Street Fighter IV version.
    But I just bought the Arcade Edition disk anyway and everything is working. :D