New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: KuReshtin's Kallously Konfusing Konsternations - Random Banter #208

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Well yes, nobody really pronounces things perfectly. Take kittens. Saying it fast, it's more like "ki-ens". Same with mittens. There's an arabic letter whose closest english equivalent is that sound.
    Speak for yourself. I deteriorate into "kid-enz."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

The "L" in Australia is optional.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Tan-ji-bull is probably the closest approximation.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Somehow I knew this, and yet I have never met someone from Oz in my life. Must be the television...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

As is the "B". And the "W".

...okay, so that joke doesn't quite make sense, but I thought it was timely, at least
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Somehow I knew this, and yet I have never met someone from Oz in my life. Must be the television...
    It's been on several lists, like this one.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Well yes, nobody really pronounces things perfectly. Take kittens. Saying it fast, it's more like "ki-ens". Same with mittens. There's an arabic letter whose closest english equivalent is that sound.
    It's called the glottal stop, and, as any fan of Buffy should remember, it's represented in IPA as ʔ. As in mʔ, the Slayer's scythe.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

I sneezed near my sleeping cat. I am evil.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I sneezed near my sleeping cat. I am evil.
    Yes, you heartless human! The great goddess Felinia shall have her revenge upon your puny mortal soul! Prepare for an eternity of suffering in the Realm of Endless Shed Fur Upon Your Clothing!

... Or something. Cats never sleep very deeply.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    I'd offer, although I'm not all that likely to pick up DA3 any time around launch.
    That's fine. I don't have DA2 anyway.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ya know what I want to do with Dragon Age 1, 2 and 3 since they have different protagonists in each game?

I wanna try out swapping protagonists. Like, someone does a run-through of origins, and sends the game file to someone else. Then the second person plays through Da2 and make their own decisions in-game based on what they find. Then the second person sends it to a third person who plays through the third game. And all 3 players do this, passing along their own playthrough of the individual dragon age games to the next person in line.

It'd be time-consuming (and possibly a pain in the ass to move saves over) but potentially really interesting.

I would do it, but A) i have no friends B) I don't have DA2 C) DA3 isn't out yet.
    Uhm... What would the point be? I mean, wouldn't it just be three different people playing three different games, since you can't transfer characters?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Uhm... What would the point be? I mean, wouldn't it just be three different people playing three different games, since you can't transfer characters?
    Well, you can't transfer characters (like in, say, Mass Effect) but you can transfer your character's deeds. For instance, I would play the Hero of Ferelden, then Lala would play that universe's Champion of Kirkwall, and then a third person would play the Inquisitor. And since a character's deeds are transferred forward into the other games, you would get a varied story each time and get to learn what choices the others made as if you were just that one hero.

So you would get three different worlds, all influenced in some way by three different people playing 3 different heroes. It just struck me as a really interesting idea. Sure, I'm gonna have my own universe where I play all 3, but I'd also very much like to see another world with someone else's choices. There's one particular choice in DA1 that I kinda regret that will probably echo forward into DA3, if I'm right.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-08-27 at 01:51 PM.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusFabrius View Post
    ... Or something. Cats never sleep very deeply.
    He is a very sensitive cat. Not like my mom's cat Caesar, who you have to physically lift up and carry away in order to get him out of the way for the vacuum cleaner.

― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine. I don't have DA2 anyway.
    In that case, if I manage to find my registration key for DA:O I will let you know.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2014-08-27 at 02:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    He is a very sensitive cat. Not like my mom's cat Caesar, who you have to physically lift up and carry away in order to get him out of the way for the vacuum cleaner.
    I stand corrected. Mind you, all the cats I know would jump about three feet in the air if you so much as coughed near them, so maybe my experience of cats is not as comprehensive as it should be.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusFabrius View Post
    I stand corrected. Mind you, all the cats I know would jump about three feet in the air if you so much as coughed near them, so maybe my experience of cats is not as comprehensive as it should be.
    That is quite unusual. Are they feral cats where the only way you can get close to them is by running them down like dogs, trapping them, or somehow sneaking up on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

In that case, if I manage to find my registration key for DA:O I will let you know.
    Cool .

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1188

All my foot bones are now knives.

19. - Top - End - #1189

Why would that help? You'd have DA:O and so would HalfTang.

20. - Top - End - #1190

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    All my foot bones are now knives.
    So you're a foot fetishist Wolverine now? Interesting, I guess, but you'd probably have more luck with just extending the toes or maybe something on the ankles and adjusting the rest of them to support the additional stresses.

Also, Dr. Scholl's and gel insoles and the like.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1191

Why would that help? You'd have DA:O and so would HalfTang.
    My understanding of the situation is that we all play DA:O, and then we switch save files, then play DA2, switch save files,then all play DA3.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    So you're a foot fetishist Wolverine now? Interesting, I guess, but you'd probably have more luck with just extending the toes or maybe something on the ankles and adjusting the rest of them to support the additional stresses.

Also, Dr. Scholl's and gel insoles and the like.
    You silly!

I HAVE those Coidzor my feet just hurt so much oh my god why.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

My understanding of the situation is that we all play DA:O, and then we switch save files, then play DA2, switch save files,then all play DA3.
    Yup, that's basically it. It's a rotation thing.

We COULD just do the one, if you both prefer, but I figured we'd all do it so we all get the full experience =/ Like I said, it's just an idea, and it can benefit greatly from input.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1193

Yup, that's basically it. It's a rotation thing.

We COULD just do the one, if you both prefer, but I figured we'd all do it so we all get the full experience =/ Like I said, it's just an idea, and it can benefit greatly from input.
    That's how it should be done, so we can all experience it and stuff. Also we'd need all the DLC, or at least the important DLC (Awakening, Witch hunt, and so on).

24. - Top - End - #1194

Ah, so all three people would need all three. I figured it would just be a progression thing, Person A to B to C, where each person needs only game 1, 2, or 3 respectively.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Ah, so all three people would need all three. I figured it would just be a progression thing, Person A to B to C, where each person needs only game 1, 2, or 3 respectively.
    We could do that too, but it'd mean that I'd HAVE to play DA2 since I'm apparently the only human being who enjoys playing it

26. - Top - End - #1196

NecromancerGuy

You silly!

I HAVE those Coidzor my feet just hurt so much oh my god why.
    I yam what I yam.

Hmm, sounds like something horrible happened, then.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Speak for yourself. I deteriorate into "kid-enz."
    Speaking of Kid Ends, I was at the zoo yesterday and man-oh-man were there an awful lot of pregnant women and mothers with small children there. I think that was the largest concentration of such that I've seen since I stopped being a chillen myself.

Also, they actually had a separate baby-changing alcove-room-thing between the bathrooms. Know their audience there, I suppose.

And today is the Coke place and picking up the stuffs to gets into the place on Friday. ...If I can get to bed...
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I yam what I yam.

ION: just did some working out because of another thread, apparently if i was a D&D character, my strength would be somewhere between 16 and 24
    there is also now a picture of my floating around on the forum
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

That's how it should be done, so we can all experience it and stuff. Also we'd need all the DLC, or at least the important DLC (Awakening, Witch hunt, and so on).
    Eh, not necessarily, i don't think. You just need a save that can transfer to the next game, which i think is as simple as sending the folder over. Then again I've never tried this before, we might need the DLC for our games to be compatible.

Actually no, pretty sure you just need the file. You can remove DLC from an installed copy of the game with a single click, so it can't be integrated too deeply. All you would need is the save file, and that can go to the next game.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-08-28 at 01:54 AM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, not necessarily, i don't think. You just need a save that can transfer to the next game, which i think is as simple as sending the folder over. Then again I've never tried this before, we might need the DLC for our games to be compatible.

Actually no, pretty sure you just need the file. You can remove DLC from an installed copy of the game with a single click, so it can't be integrated too deeply. All you would need is the save file, and that can go to the next game.
    How deeply it's integrated does in no way influence save compatibility. In other words, just because something is modularised doesn't mean it has any idea about what to do when the modules responsible for a certain subset of data isn't there. It depends on whether the games allow you to load a DLC-active save when you've turned it off.

That said, since the three games hardly use the same DLC packs (correct me if I'm wrong), the save compatibility of a succession game shouldn't be of issue...

ION:
    Our Internet was down pretty much all of yesterday. I can do without, but some days are definitely more frustrating than others...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1200

No I meant for completion since they have important choices. Not that we'd require them for our save files to work (they wouldn't. I know how this entire system works, trust me, I know) but that we'd need them so we could have more variances.