New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Kallously Konfusing Konsternations - Random Banter #208

Yay, Dahlia laid her first egg!

Imperfect, yes.

Calcium deposits, yes.

But first egg.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Yay, Dahlia laid her first egg!

Imperfect, yes.

Calcium deposits, yes.

But first egg.
    Hooray for eggs! Is this an eating egg or a baby egg?

Also, I'm roasting some cauliflower oooh man. Is extra virgin olive oil the correct oil to use?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Edible eggs still hatch baby egg-layers, Lala
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

I met half of my cousins and their families today. A funny 5 hours of sleep didn't bother me anymore when I realised I get to see everyone in one go.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

I met half of my cousins and their families today. A funny 5 hours of sleep didn't bother me anymore when I realised I get to see everyone in one go.
    The upper or the lower half?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Also, I'm roasting some cauliflower oooh man. Is extra virgin olive oil the correct oil to use?
    An eating egg. Don't have a rooster.

Extra virgin sounds delicious with some pepper and, oh, butter, and more butter, and some salt. Mmph.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Edible eggs still hatch baby egg-layers, Lala
    Only for the first few days. I count an egg inedible when it has a baby inside.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

7. - Top - End - #67

Oh, cool! Glad you had fun. All my family is up where I live so I get to see em all the time, so I can understand the desire of wanting to see them all

Extra virgin sounds delicious with some pepper and, oh, butter, and more butter, and some salt. Mmph.

Only for the first few days. I count an egg inedible when it has a baby inside.
    Aaah, okay.

It is. I used garlic salt and pepper for mine, with some butter. For some reason I wrote Betty instead of butter when first writing this so for a brief instant my mind went "I'm going to eat this cauliflower with some Betty White on the side" and immediately felt like hanging myself.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Is there an "extra slutty" olive oil?

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought you were a rooster...

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Spoiler: Trigger Warning
    Show
    No, but canola oil could be described similarly. It doesn't even wait for permission!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2014-07-17 at 02:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. I love that show!

It's also intensely political, so yeah, no posting.
    ... that is also true. *facepalm*

I miss Howard, and Frankie, though i'll admit that without him it's slightly safer for work.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Archie, you're so cruel. So, very cruel. Don't remind me I'm not able to turn on British tv or BBC's radio players, missing out on good shows and my favourite radio plays... *sighs for she has missed likely the ending of Revolting People*
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2014-07-17 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh yes, it's more common than you'd think. It usually masquerades around as extra virgin, which is why you don't think you've seen it.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #73

NecromancerGuy

If it's imperfect, it ain't gonna hatch a chick even if it were fertilized.

There are many oils that could be used. EVOO is usually a good one for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Oh yes, it's more common than you'd think. It usually masquerades around as extra virgin, which is why you don't think you've seen it.
    Well, yeah, just think about all of the pressures put on the poor olives. If they're not super chaste they're told they're worthless, but, well, natural urges are natural.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-07-17 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone here speak Spanish, and if so, do you have any advice for tapped R? I can figure out rolled R, Ñ, and LL. But that one sound continues to elude me.

(More accurately, I'm learning Italian. I can figure out R, GN, and GLI, but I can't figure out how to pronounce intervocalic R)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Learning to drive is fun. My driving instructor has only had to grab the wheel once!

16. - Top - End - #76

NecromancerGuy

Does anyone here speak Spanish, and if so, do you have any advice for tapped R? I can figure out rolled R, Ñ, and LL. But that one sound continues to elude me.

(More accurately, I'm learning Italian. I can figure out R, GN, and GLI, but I can't figure out how to pronounce intervocalic R)
    Tapped R? You mean R when it's a single R rather than an RR? That's basically like it is in English as far as I was taught, though I'm not fluent in Spanish and it's been a while.

I've only learned Italian pronunciation for singing and that was from Vaccai. Can't remember R's treatment for the life of me there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Learning to drive is fun. My driving instructor has only had to grab the wheel once!
    It's quite liberating, aye. The fun part is parking. And driving where wildlife jumps out into the road. And harsh weather conditions. XD
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-07-17 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Tapped R? You mean R when it's a single R rather than an RR? That's basically like it is in English as far as I was taught, though I'm not fluent in Spanish and it's been a while.
    Tapped is the technical linguistic term. Yeah, I mean single R as opposed to the trilled RR.

I've only learned Italian pronunciation for singing and that was from Vaccai. Can't remember R's treatment for the life of me there, though.
    Trilled almost all the time, unless it's a single R between two vowels.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It's quite liberating, aye. The fun part is parking. And driving where wildlife jumps out into the road. And harsh weather conditions. XD
    Perhaps. But my pessimism suggests very little will change. Change requires me to take action to change. Also my Dauschund is cuddly.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

So, I watched the Animated Atrocity episode for One Coarse Meal earlier.

Next thing I know I'm staring at a synopsis for an episode in a superhero cartoon in one of my word documents. The main character can turn into a raccoon, and the episode in particular has themes and a storyline dark enough that I'm genuinely unsure I should bring up here.

It's amazing what you write when you have an idea and just run with it. I just made myself cry over an outline with only one named character.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-07-18 at 01:20 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

My computer screen is about to give up the ghost. I may be absent for a while.

― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    So, I watched the Animated Atrocity episode for One Coarse Meal earlier.

Next thing I know I'm staring at a synopsis for an episode in a superhero cartoon in one of my word documents. The main character can turn into a raccoon, and the episode in particular has themes and a storyline dark enough that I'm genuinely unsure I should bring up here.

It's amazing what you write when you have an idea and just run with it. I just made myself cry over an outline with only one named character.
    Well count me interested!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Has anybody else ever toyed with the idea of opening a new bank account with the minimum amount of money possible, just to answer one of those Nigeria letters, "You have won on the random lottery please submit your bank details and pin to receive your winnings" from the lottery you never entered letters or "This is a random bank you may or may not be banking with and we need you to confirm your details" letters with all your bank details and see if they steal your tenner or pity you and deposit some money instead?
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have the exact opposite problem as you, for I can tap my Rs with ease, but you don't want to see me attempt to roll an R.

The trick to tapping an R is to start slightly behind the palate and quickly move it to directly behind your teeth. Voicing this will give you a tapped R. Congrats!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    I have the exact opposite problem as you, for I can tap my Rs with ease, but you don't want to see me attempt to roll an R.

The trick to tapping an R is to start slightly behind the palate and quickly move it to directly behind your teeth. Voicing this will give you a tapped R. Congrats!
    i had so much trouble rolling/trilling R's that i posted a thread about it a while ago. i can now kind of do a uvular trill, and i can get my tongue to move correctly for an alveolar trill, but i can't make it sound like an R
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    Has anybody else ever toyed with the idea of opening a new bank account with the minimum amount of money possible, just to answer one of those Nigeria letters?
    I spent a lot of time reading the 419 Eater, my favourite was Busted (not just for the word play). However the site does come with the warning that they are not people you particularly wish to mess with.
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

@^ Hi! *Bats with cricket bat*

Been a while.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    i had so much trouble rolling/trilling R's that i posted a thread about it a while ago. i can now kind of do a uvular trill, and i can get my tongue to move correctly for an alveolar trill, but i can't make it sound like an R
    Well hey, at least I figured out the LL sound (IPA: /ʎ/)

My explanation: Make an English R sound. Now make an L sound. Notice that your tongue's in about the same place, just curved differently. (Concave up/down) That's the same as the difference between LL and Y.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Death, your friend the Reaper View Post
    I spent a lot of time reading the 419 Eater, my favourite was Busted (not just for the word play). However the site does come with the warning that they are not people you particularly wish to mess with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    @^ Hi! *Bats with cricket bat*

Been a while.
    @^ hi! who are you two

Make an English R sound. Now make an L sound. Notice that your tongue's in about the same place, just curved differently. (Concave up/down)
    how did i never notice this i mean, english is the only language i'm fluent in
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

*gasp* Death? Whoa.. That was definitely a while ago.

ION: Just found out today that the football game I was supposed to officiate on Sunday has been called off. The home team has now cancelled 4 (I think) games this season, and only played in their first game of the season, where they forfeited at half time, because they were getting soundly beaten and they didn't want to keep playing.
    The reason for the cancellation this week? their head coach had forgot that he had a holiday booked, so he won't be there. So they forfeited the game. *sigh*

it's their first season in the league, so you'd expect them to get beat up a lot by the other, more established teams, but apparently their head coach hadn't told them that, and so the team wasn't ready to lose. It's one thing to face your own team in practice and do well, but when you step up and face other teams, that's when you find out how good you are.how you cope with the result of finding out how good you are also lets you know if you're suited to play the game or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Death, your friend the Reaper View Post
    Death!! *glomps*

Where've you been hiding out? And are you back back or just back?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons