New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: It's a Different World (IC)

Tanuk scouts ahead in the form of a raccoon dog. It does not take him long before he hears something from ahead. He quietly makes his way to the top of a hill and looks down to see what looks like a small pride of lions. This by itself is unusual, while lions are known creatures, they aren’t often seen near Redwater, they have always been creatures of foreign lands. More unusual is that these are not just lions as Tanuk has heard of them. They look much like every picture he’s ever seen, but he’s fairly certain most lions can’t spit acid. But even more surprising than that is the fact that these fearsome leonine creatures appear to be losing! They are under attack by a flock of birds that look most similar to a hawk or an eagle, but whose gigantic razor sharp claws are adeptly tearing large chunks from the lions at each pass. Tanuk hurries back to the party to report his sighting, and the party is immediately changes course to avoid becoming embroiled in this confrontation.

The party finds themselves making very good time, in part due to former frog’s quick paced melody. Their footsteps match themselves to the pace of the music, and the miles seem to pass by quickly.

Adrienne tries to focus on seeking out any magic, but Hrodebert’s questions disturb her concentration to the point she is unsure if there is simply nothing to detect or if she has just missed it.

About an hour into their travels, Gloria is marching near the front of the group as the pass along the edge of one of the wooded areas, when she spots something moving up ahead. Calling the group to a halt, she points to where she thought she’d seen the movement. Ficura looks in the direction she’d indicated, expecting to see an animal or something, but he quickly realizes it is the plant itself she’d seen moving. The party was about to walk directly into a large patch of bloodthorn vine! Ficura didn’t know exactly how he knew what it was, but he easily recognized it for what it was. The vines began creeping toward the party, but having identified them before walking into them, the party was able to rush away before the vines caught up with them.

The big change seems to have made the terrain going this way much more treacherous. It used to be rare to see anything truly dangerous in this area in broad daylight. But now they’d seen two such threats in only two hours. The unexpected dangers made the group feel even more pleased when Ficura finally saw a brambly thicket that looked familiar. The large forested area up ahead had several patches of big thorny bushes. Ficura remembered that Maggy Mayfly’s cottage had always been surrounded by thick briars, to keep the unwanted out, she’d always said.

The group picked their way carefully through narrow trails between the brambles and trees, eventually coming out in a shaded clearing with a cottage in the middle. A tall, thin elf stood leaning against the door frame. He wears leather armor and has a longsword at his hip. He does not appear to have heard the party approach, since there is more noise coming from inside the cottage. As the party approaches he lights a pipe and begins to smoke it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

"I wonder if that's the new Ms. Mayfly?" Gloria ponders, looking to the members of her group that had met with the woman previously. "I guess we should go introduce ourselves and find out."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Taking Gloria's suggestion, Ficura approaches, taking special care to step on a few twigs so that he's not sneaking up on them. Once he's a respectful distance away he bows, left fist in right palm across the chest, then takes a more relaxed pose. Greetings. We are seeking one by the name of Mayfly, for aid in a dire matter. Ficura punctuates his sentence with a closed lipped smile, hoping he asked indirectly enough to not offend if this was, indeed, Maggy Mayfly's new form.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Tanuk

"See Frog? She's not a fly at all!" Tanuk offers playfully, hoping to bring about a smile and keep the encounter lighthearted.

DM
    Terenuri: Map IC IC2 OOC3

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elven man steps out of the doorway, leaving the door open just a few inches behind him. The noises from inside the hut stop. He puffs on his pipe as he approaches. "Mayfly, eh? That must have been the broad's name. I got here this mornin', and she was here packin' up her belongings and what-not. She said she was leavin' and when I commented on how nice the place was she offered me the place for a steal. Didn't say where she was going, neither. So I guess you all came out here for nothin'. Sorry 'bout that." He gestures with his pipe back down the trail you followed to get here. "So you might as well be off."

Spoiler: Everyone except Tanuk
    Show

Your passive insights are high enough to know there is something off about his story. If you have spent much time around Maggy Mayfly before, you are fairly certain he is telling the truth about not being her though.

Spoiler: Hrodebert
    Show

Between having a high passive perception and low-light vision, you can see a little of the interior through the cracked door. There are at least 2 more medium sized humanoids inside (possibly more), and it looks like the place has been trashed.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrienne smiles a bit at Hrodbert. "Yes, daddy's work is always wonderful..." She looks at the staff in her hands. "This used to be a toy he made for me when I was little... I guess it grew up along with me." She sighs. "Don't think I've been to the bar much though, no. I'm a little young, and most of the men who hang out there get gross around women..." Still, it's not hard to see she's in a bit higher spirits now.

-----

Adrienne frowns. Something isn't right about this, but she can't quite put her finger on it.

"Oh no, really? That's too bad! I really wanted to see her, she was a dear friend of mine... Oh, do be a dear and let us come inside for a moment at least? I want to see the old place one last time before you get too settled in... And we can get to know each other, too! What with everything as messed up as it is, we definitely want to get to know our new neighbor, and you can get to know us, so you'll know you're in a safe area with friends nearby. Maybe we could even help you unpack! It always goes so much quicker with help, you know?" Adrienne smiles her most winning smile as she chatters, glancing past the man to the slightly open doorway behind him, trying to put him off-guard with her small talk and see if she can see a source for the noise that was heard as the group approached.

Spoiler
    Show

C'mon dice roller, play nice.
    Bluff: (1d20+10)[17] (Spewing BS and trying to put him off-guard.)
    Perception: (1d20)[10] (I suspect this will result in Adrienne's sensitive drow eyes accidentally staring straight into the sun.)
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Hrodebert

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    "Most of the men who hang out there get gross around women."
    Hrod hefts his own staff. "And tha's wha I had yo pa make me this her' staff o' mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    Adrienne smiles her most winning smile as she chatters, glancing past the man to the slightly open doorway behind him, trying to put him off-guard with her small talk and see if she can see a source for the noise that was heard as the group approached.
    Taking a peek through the askew door, the slightly sobered half-elf decides something more needs to be done. Pulling out a flask from hip cloak, he takes a hard swig, and begins to stumble slightly, propping himself up poorly with his staff. "An', we haz alco'ol ta share wit' our new frie-hic-nds. But ma feets a'e tired, an' I'd be much oblige' fer a chair ta res' ma dogs." With his sauntering erratic, he makes his best attempt to force his way past the elf and through the door.
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2014-08-06 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

The frog still had her fiddle nestled up under her chin as they approached the tiny hut, and they spied the elf beside it. Tanuk was right...he didn't much look like a fly. She squinted at him, making doubly sure. He didn't have wings, and his eyes were the normal kind of eyes. Not that she herself still looked like a frog at all, save for a lingering faint green pigmentation and frog-spot freckles.

But the not-fly's story sounded strange. Not that the frog had ever met Maggy Mayfly, and indeed, she did still half-think that the woman was a fly, and no amount of logic or persuasion could shake the pigheaded assumption, but the way the elf man not-fly was speaking made one of her long elfin ears twitch. Adrienne seemed to pick up on it too--she felt her bristle beside her.

As Adrienne began to speak, bubbly and girlishly, the ex-frog scooted up beside her, lowering her fiddle and her bow. She flashed the elf a beautiful smile--entirely fake, of course, and one that she had been practicing after watching Adrienne smile. She batted her eyelashes too as best as she could, another imitation, this time of what she'd seen the young women in Redwater doing when they made strange faces at the young men in town. "She is very good at helping. Especially with getting into and out of clothing."

As far as the ex-frog was concerned, the statement was earnest and innocent.

Spoiler
    Show

Frog will assist Adrienne's Bluff check.
    Bluff: (1d20+12)[27]
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2014-08-06 at 02:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elf looks in confusion back and forth between the dark-elf man and the green-skinned female in confusion. "Mess? Nah, there ain't no mess. She didn't leave much of her stuff behind. And I don't got much to unpack anyway..." He pauses for a second looking confused as the frog speaks. "And who is this 'she' that you're saying is good at getting out of her clothes? That Mayfly woman? If she could get you outta that getup I'd be all for it," he says stepping toward her with a lecherous grin.

Adrienne and the frog have distracted the man enough that Hrodebert is easily able to make it to the door before the elf. Hrodebert throws the door open, as the elf also lurches for the handle. Inside the cottage appears to be in a state of mid-ransack. Many cupboards and drawers sit open and household goods have been strewn everywhere. A pile of things that appear to have modest value, a few pieces of jewelry, a couple of books, a bunch of small bottles, etc. is piled up in the center of the table. There are also three more elves inside, all male. As soon as the door is thrown open, one of them drops a drawer he'd been holding and all three draw their weapons (each carry both a longsword and a shortsword).

Spoiler
    Show
    Hrodebert would have had to win at a contest of Dex against the elf to get to the door first, had he not been sufficiently distracted by Adrienne.

It is still possible to avoid combat, if that's what you choose to do, but it suddenly got much more likely. So in the interest of time, along with whatever else you choose to do in the next few moments, please go ahead and roll initiative.

10. - Top - End - #70

Chimera

As the brigands draw their blades Gloria suddenly finds herself overcome by a strange unnatural calm, easily smothering out the flicker of fear that had briefly threatened to consume her. With a hand resting on the pommel of her sheathed blade, the paladin steps forward with the confidence of a highly trained warrior.

"Drop your weapons." She commanded, voice ringing with absolute authority. "We haven't come here to fight. All we want is to ensure the safety of Ms. Mayfly. So long as she remains unharmed there is little reason for blood to be spilled this day. So I'll ask you now. Where is she?"

Spoiler
    Show
    You beat me to it.

Let me remake this post real quick.

Initiative: [roll]d20+6[/roll]

Diplomacy: [roll]d20+10[/roll]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ficura slowly drops into a more appropriate battle posture and looks the elf thats still outside in the eye.
    It would seem you have two choices here. They are simple choices, but you might not have much time to choose. You could explain what you're doing here, without lying this time, and tell us what you have done with Maggy. Or... Ficura flexes and shifts to a more aggressive stance. You can be the first to fall to Ficura of the Fivefold Fist.

A though drifts across Ficura's head again, slimy and slithering and dark. His first impulse is usually to do the opposite just to spite the voice but, while he would certainly never indulge it, this one might have it's uses.
    What? No. Ficura says, facing the empty air. That would give a whole new disgusting meaning to the term overkill. We'd only need to do something that gruesome if he attacks us, and he's clearly going to do this the smart way.. Ficura turns back to face the elf. Aren't you?

Spoiler
    Show

initiative - (1d20+8)[20]
    intimidate - (1d20)[13]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrienne blushes at the Frog's remark and reminds herself to correct that particular phrasing later.

"Well, now, that's not very neighborly, is it? I'm sure we can all talk this out without any pointless bloodshed. Just tell us what really happened to her, and nobody will have to get hurt. I haven't been a drow for very long, but I understand we're rather good at... Hurting." She gives a meaningful glance to her staff and a wicked smile.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate: (1d20+7)[23]
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[16]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Tanuk

Seeing that this is likely going for a fight, Tanuk does his best to slip out of sight. His only hope is that he can add to Adrienne's intimidation to get the bad guys to back down.

He changes into his raccoon dog form and chirps at the animals. "You all remember Maggie Mayfly? Well these brutes hurt her! Squirrels - throw nuts at them! Birds, drop ... uh, droppings on them! Foxes, bark and chase at them! They are not welcome here, they hurt our friend!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[30]
    Diplomacy (with the animals): (1d20+5)[11]

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elf who is still outside the house with you puts his hand on his longsword, but does not draw it. "We ain't dropping nothing, lady," he replies to Gloria. When Ficura and Adrienne chime in their threats, he adds, " 'specially with nutjobs like them throwing threats around."

"Alright, here's the deal. We don't know f'sure if she's alive or dead. We was just passing through when we heard something off this way. We came over to investigate, and last we saw her, she was alive and screaming her head off as a bunch of them little kobold buggers carried her off. We was hidden until they left. Then we figured wherever she was headed she didn't need the stuff here no more. So we decided to lay claim to it. No if you got no problem with us takin' whats ours here, we got no problems. You can just be on your merry little way, I'll even point you in the direction we saw them going."

Tanuk steps off under one of the thorn bushes in an attempt to hide. He can't go too deep into the bush for fear of all the sharp thorns. When he calls out to the woodland animals for aid, the only response he gets is from one grumpy sounding opposum perched high up in a tree. <What? Are you nuts? Those big things have scared most of us off. We can't fight them!>
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2014-08-09 at 03:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

"Well." The ex-frog said, her hands drifting to the edges of her red cloak, and smoothing the fabric of the hood as it fell against her shoulders. "I think I understand why you figured that. Except..." Here she paused, tilting her pretty head just slightly, stirring up the memories of what her new companions had whispered together about the illustrious Maggy Mayfly, who was not actually a fly.

"Maybe that's not such a good thing to figure. Not when Maggy Mayfly is a witch." She smiled a pretty smile--the elves seemed genuine enough at what they were trying to do. Just a little misguided, that's all. "And you know, you must think, there's no such thing as a witch. Right? I didn't even know what a witch was until a little while ago. But I'm not so sure we can all keep thinking there's no such things as witches anymore." Her voice started to drop, becoming throatier and whisper-like. Beneath her hood, out of sight of anyone that was not inside of her hood, the little tin soldier was whispering things into her ear.

"...you know...I've heard that witches are supposed to be able to take off a person's skin just by looking at them. And they have great big ovens in their cellars, which they use to cook the people that wander too close away from town. She had started to bite her lip now, growing increasingly more worried looking. "...I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to cross a witch. I don't think I'd be figuring that this Mayfly witch is going to be stopped by some kobolds...she's going to come back, madder than all heck, and do you think she's going to be so happy to see you and your friends here taking her things?"

The frog started to shake her head, her lower lip quivering. "...I think if I were you, I'd put everything back really quickly so she doesn't know you tried to take them.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2014-08-09 at 05:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elf calls back into the cottage to his comrades in Elven, "Did you guys see any evidence of a cellar, or a big stove for that matter?"

One of the others calls back, responding in kind, "Nope. Haven't checked the whole place thoroughly yet, but I don't think so."

The elf replies to the green-skinned lass, "There you have it, no cellars. She might'a been a witch. Had some of the normal witchy-mojo-trappings from what I saw, but none of the power to back it up. I mean, they were just kobolds carrying her off. She didn't seem to happy about going with them when she left. If she was powerful enough turn 'em inside out with a twitch of her nose or somethin' I think she'd'a done it before they carried her off."

17. - Top - End - #77

"Of course you didn't find it." The little tin soldier in her hood frowned and took a step back as the ex-frog took off on her own, supplementing what he had been telling her with an overactive imagination. "She's not gonna just stick her secrets in plain sight where anyone could find them. Right where little children can come a-snooping and then run off and tell their parents, who'd come with fire and axes and chop her up?"

She began to rock back and forth on her heels, uneasily. "I think you're underestimating witches... I would feel much better if she'd just killed the kobolds." She looked around, shifty-eyed, to where the trees grew tall and cast long, twisted shadows against the house. "...not for you, anyway, because if you saw her like you claim, then she also saw you. If you'd seen her working her witchcraft, well...she'd-a probably turned it on you next to keep you quiet." The frog turned elf gritted her teeth. "Seems to me like the witch was doing you a little bit of kindness. And, you know, why kill a couple kobolds when you can have them carry you back to their den and you can turn the whole den into your everlasting slaves. That's just common witch sense. A lesser witch would have just killed them on the spot without thinking of what she can get out of it..."

"You're doing awful lots of assuming. D'you think what you're finding in that house is worth being wrong?"
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2014-08-10 at 11:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Chimera

"Regardless of who is or isn't a witch, I don't really feel like these men are worth our time at the moment. If what they say is true then I don't think we really have time to fight them over a few trinkets that Ms. Mayfly keeps around her house." 'Besides, if they take anything too valuable we can always just track them down later.' She thought.

"Any objections? I mean sure, we can take these guys out, but then what? We haul them back to town? Drag them along with us? Can Ms. Mayfly really afford for us to dilly-dally here playing cops and robbers? That said," The paladin turned to the thieves. "If it turns out that you're lying to me I'll hunt you down, chop off all of your thumbs, and drag your broken carcasses back to face the full brunt of the law."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

"If she is such a powerful witch and wants to know where the kobold lair was, she shoulda just killt the ones that grabbed her and read some tea leaves or somethin' to find the others." The elf nods to Gloria as he responds to the green woman. "Heh. Even you're own friend there thinks she's in some trouble. Wanting to go run after her and play the hero and all that. If she was really a powerful witch she wouldn't need you all to come to her rescue. I ain't buying it."

He furtively glances down at his own thumbs which are twitching nervously as he turns to reply to Gloria. "But don't you worry, wing'ed missy. I'll tell you the truth if you'll leave us be here."
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2014-08-11 at 02:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Tanuk

Confident that he is hidden, Tanuk scurries around to the rear of the house, hoping to peek in through a window to determine if anyone is hurt or being held captive inside.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[22]
    Perception: (1d20+7)[14]

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

21. - Top - End - #81

"Ohkay." She replied with a smile of bubbles. "But don't say I didn't warn you.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tanuk scurries around to the back side of the house in his raccoon dog form. As he rounds the building, under cover of the brush, he notices that he is not alone there. Two more elves stand at the rear of the house with longbows in hand. They seem to be covertly listening to the conversation going on around the front side of the cottage. One of the two notices Tanuk's approach, raising an eyebrow at the curious animal's approach, but does nothing more. Tanuk can't see inside the cottage from where he is; he'd have to return to humanoid form to see inside the window (or come up with something else to get him to a higher vantage point).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Tanuk

With new information at his disposal, Tanuk the raccoon dog scurries back to the group, hoping to remain unnoticed. He then changes back into his hybrid form and walks over to Ficura. Leaning in, he whispers "There are two elf archers around back."
    Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    (1d20+12)[16]
    Last edited by Meltheim; 2014-08-12 at 09:52 PM.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elf that had been standing out front, looks over as he notices Tanuk step back out from the brush. "Hey, you, where you been at? You sneakin' round trying to get something past me, huh? That's it, we was gonna just let you walk off and leave you alone, but you go gettin' up to something and now that's not an option. Boys, get 'em!" he shouts. Then more quietly he adds, "They look like they got some good stuff anyway."

Spoiler
    Show

Please see the ooc before you react.

Group 1 is up: Ficura, Frog, Adrienne.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

The world rushes into motion as Ficura's mind stills. A calm washes over him and a breeze rushes through his fine fur as he rushes forward, feeling faster and more fluid then he ever had before. Not fast enough for his goal though, not yet. Not being keen at taking an arrow to the ribs, and being one of two with the information, Ficura pushes harder, leaving a furrow in the ground as he more flows through forms than runs. He settles into a single stance as he passes the corner of the house, sliding in on his right foot. He slams his left foot down, planting it firmly, and surging towards the archer's abdomen with a double-fisted strike.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

action breakdown:
    move to q 12
    action point move(open the gates of battle move, speed +2) to q 5. (it says i don't provoke against the first enemy i move away from. not sure if that counts with me moving towards it.)
    standard: open the gates of battle attack - (1d20+6)[9] vs reflex.
    hit: damage - (2d10+5)[23] +(1d10)[2] if it's the first damage they've taken.

His blow failing miserably, Ficura flails for a moment before regaining his balance. It's gonna be one of those days, huh....
    Last edited by Rhysandphal; 2014-08-15 at 01:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

It was with the utmost perplexity that the frog watched the elf draw a weapon and start shouting. Her eyebrows, faintly green, raised on her head. That is, of course, until Ficura jumped into the fray, and the ex-frog turned her head slightly to whisper into her hood.

"I don't think I know what's going on." She was learning the eccentricities of common speech surprisingly quickly, as if she'd merely forgotten them, rather than was learning them anew. Where at first she spoke every word whole, she was now starting to incorporate contractions, and funny ways of speaking.

The little tin soldier, who was still on her shoulder, whispered back, "The hooligan is going to try and strike you. I would suggest moving out of the way."

"Why?"

"An excellent question. One that you should definitely ask later, as opposed to right this moment."

"Because..."

"He'll strike you with a sword."

"Oh."

"Indeed."

The ex-frog moved out of the way.

In her wake, and outside of her own volition, for it seemed that the tin soldier was acting for her, a trail of shimmering yellow-green motes trailed off her red cloak as she took a step backward, and the cloak swirled about her. The lights because glowing, tinkling, sprite-like orbs that danced away from her towards the elfin thug brandishing his longsword. They began to grasp at his clothing and his air, assailing him with tiny wisp-like hands, trying to tug him and push him about. One of them grabbed his hair and began to yank savagely. As annoying as they tried to make themselves, however, they were largely ineffectual at being nuisances.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move Action: Shift to M18.

Standard Action: Blunder on the Leader.
    Attack vs. Will: (1d20+6)[8]
    Hit: (1d6+5)[10] and the Leader is slid to O17, and Gloria can make a melee basic attack against him with a +5 power bonus to the roll.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2014-08-15 at 01:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

A word in a language she didn't speak before two days ago comes to Adrienne's mind as the situation dissolves and she blushes, or at least tries to. Drow skin doesn't flush very well. She quickly moves around to the other side of the elf leader, obeying instincts she didn't know she had, and mutters a curse as she strikes out at him with her staff, channeling arcane power through it. The staff slams into the elf with surprising force for its small, seemingly weak origin, and he's forced backwards from the strength of the blow.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: N15 via going to L15, M14, then back down to N15, gaining concealment for moving more than 3 squares. This takes me through Hrod's square but does not stop in it. I remember you can move through allies' squares but don't remember if you can move within threatened squares without leaving them without provoking.
    Minor: Warlock's Curse on Leader
    Standard: Eldritch Strike on the Leader; (1d20+11)[28] vs AC.
    On hit: (1d8+5)[10] damage plus [/roll]1d6[/roll]6 curse damage(See OOC for roll). I will slide him to O17 since his turn comes before Gloria's anyway, and he's likely to break our flank on his own.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2014-08-15 at 01:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elven leader's eyes widen as Adrienne's blow hits him with the surprising extra strength of magic. He obviously hadn't expected such a powerful blow from such a slight frame. The leader narrows his eyes and glares at her for a moment before stepping back up to Adrienne and shouting at one of the elves inside the building. "Come on Lavarius, get yer lazy butt out here!" The other elf dashes out the door. The elf turns his sword on the drow, and while Adrienne is nearly able to sidestep the blow, his superior accuracy manages to catch her. He then dances around her and takes a second swing at Hrodebert landing a glancing blow. His longsword doesn't pierce through Hrodebert's chainmail, but the it will probably leave a dark bruise nonetheless.

Spoiler
    Show

Leader:

Move: Shift to N16
    Minor: Commands Thug 2 to shift up to half its speed to N14.
    Standard: Double Dealing Attack on Adrienne (with CA for flank) Attack vs AC - (1d20+9)[17] (See next post for Elven Accuracy reroll). If it hits he does damage - (1d8+6)[14] to Adrienne. He then shifts up to half his speed to L14 and since he ends up with a flank on Hrodebert makes a second attack on him (with CA again) Attack vs AC - (1d20+9)[21]. If he hits he does damage - (1d8+6)[8] to Hrodebert.

I'll handle the enemies one at a time since this has the potential to be a kind of complicated round for them. If you are in the next group please wait for now since the thugs still have to go. I'll tell you when you can go.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2014-08-15 at 04:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The elf who is apparently named Lavarius swings at Hrodebert with two weapons in one smooth motion. He swings the longsword high, and as he spins around he thrusts out with his shortsword toward Hrodebert's legs. After his spin he steps back out of the way so more elves can move out of the building. His brutal attacks both hit the drunkard knocking him to the ground. He lands face first in the dirt and begins bleeding out.

Spoiler
    Show

Since the leader missed, he'll use his elven accuracy to reroll the attack on Adrienne. Attack vs. AC - (1d20+9)[25].

Thug 2:
    Standard: Two-Weapon Rend. Attacks Hrodebert twice (with CA for flank) Longsword vs. AC - (1d20+9)[27] doing damage - (1d8+6)[9] plus extra damage for flank - (1d6)[5] and Shortsword - (1d20+9)[21] doing damage - (1d6+5)[10] plus extra damage for flank - (1d6)[6]. If both attacks hit, there is an extra 4 damage. If either attack misses, he'll use Elven Accuracy to try again. Elven accuracy if needed - (1d20+9)[17]. (not needed)

Move: Shift to O15
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2014-08-15 at 04:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The next of the elven thugs charges at Adrienne, hoping to push her out away from the doorway thereby creating an opening for the last elf to exit. The elf barrels into Adrienne, putting his shoulder in the drow's gut and knocking her back a few steps. He follows through with the push, moving behind her.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Charging Bull Rush against Adrienne. Attack vs Fort - (1d20+3)[18] If that misses, he'll use Elven Accuracy Attack vs. Fort - (1d20+3)[7]. (unnecessary) Hit pushes Adrienne to M16. He shifts to follow, ending his charge in N15.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2014-08-15 at 04:50 PM.