New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 9: What a crazy, random happenstance!

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The Middle Of A Park

There is a thump, and there is a smoking crater near a small pond.

Felandria slowly drags herself out of the crater, she is wearing a toga and laurel.

nnnnnghhhh.

And she collapses, unconscious.
    Carrie is there!
    She kneels by Fel, shaking her shoulder gently. ... Fel? Fel, are you okay?
    Please be okay. You're too tall and hot to be dead!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie is there!
    Carrie may notice a figure watching from a nearby tree. It's Sophia godlark, Survey Corps Ex Member and AltMagdaughter! After a few minutes, she drops down and approaches. She wears a backpack, rather full with stuff.
    Any way I can help? I have a medical kit with me.
    She inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Carrie is there!
    Felandria slowly comes to and sees Carrie.

hey, Carrie.

I took the shortcut back from Olympus, I went there yesterday to take care of some family business.

Yesterday?

YESTERDAY?!?

Someone might wanna tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Carrie may notice a figure watching from a nearby tree. It's Sophia godlark, Survey Corps Ex Member and AltMagdaughter! After a few minutes, she drops down and approaches. She wears a backpack, rather full with stuff.
    Any way I can help? I have a medical kit with me.
    She inquires.
    got any ibuprofen?
    Last edited by Felandria; 2014-08-13 at 01:43 AM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Hell]

Certain nods, and says, "Well, she was a tiefling warlock. She has this weird trunk-like thing that I think she called the luggage or something. If I had to guess, I'd call it some variety of mimic because the damn thing nearly bit my leg off, but it's bigger than anything I've ever seen before. Otherwise, she seemed to be physically weak but cunning and magically powerful. I managed to counter her magic and hold her up against a wall while I tried to convert her, but she has wards over her soul, and managed to literally blast me out of the plane before I was successful."
    [Hell]

"If she's now your adversary, I suggest you try to find out more about her. Why she's hunting you for instance and how far she's willing to go to cause you harm. A simple banishment won't do anything in the long run. If you find that out, perhaps you can stop her hunting you and otherwise you can find a weakness and use it. I always recommend the last violent approach as it's better to make friends than foes. But we don't always have that luxury do we?" Baelron asks.

5. - Top - End - #275

Mirror, Mirror

Darsy notices the mirror-Card attacking right where the not-Xanthos would be. Odd. She'd like to watch some more, but other things were calling for her attention right now.

First would be the not-Card on the floor before her. Her knee hurt him, but he wasn't out yet. Probably a good time to take advantage of his attention being elsewhere, right?

Second would be the extra footsteps. Could be good. Could be bad. Guess we'll find out.

Anyways, Darsy moves a bit, so not-Card is lying between her and not-Xanthos. She grins as she pulls her foot back.

FORE!

Darsy delivers a hard kick, her foot surrounded by light energy. She's trying to send not-Card flying towards not-Xanthos.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Certain nods and says, "A good point...But this one seems hell-bent on destroying me, for some reason. I don't think diplomacy is an option."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Felandria slowly comes to and sees Carrie.

hey, Carrie.

I took the shortcut back from Olympus, I went there yesterday to take care of some family business.

Yesterday?

YESTERDAY?!?

Someone might wanna tell her.
    Carrie blinkblinks.
    Yyyyyou've been gone, like, a loooong while.
    Long enough that you missed me becoming not a goddess any more, I think...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    A Boy's Grief

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Needs takes the chewing gum foil and swallows it. If nothing else, vampire lady might be able to trace the child by scent, and having it locked away in the cargo space where the cat's stomach should be means they won't have to backtrack for it later, if she should admit to such an ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

A Boy's Grief

Though normally, The Mother would be invisible to cameras with their complicated systems of mirrors, the backpacks are not, and will hover in the air in Wes' photo. She does not notice or care, simply keeping her sharp eyes wide and sniffing loudly for any scent but their own that is not coming in on the outside wind.

"Thin air here, Are we high in his sorrow? Must go to the deepest depths of it, look for slopes." She takes a rubber bouncing ball from her pocket and drops it against a rock, looking to see which way it rolls or bounces. Why she had one is for her to know, though she watches it keenly, not wanting to lose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Boy's Grief

Wes won't notice the picture of Needs until he looks back at the pictures. For now, he puts the phone back in his pocket and carries on walking. On to the rocks.

A Little Boy's Grief

The ball bounces off the rock but doesn't roll at all when it hits the dusty ground, finding the layer of dust to be too soft to do so. Needs will find the gum wrapper to taste faintly of juicyfruit, but there's nothing else that's special about it.

Finally, towards the rocks!

What feels to be several long hours pass as the rocks grow larger and larger in the distance. As they travel, the tracks don't seem to waiver though every once and a while there's a butt print or a dust angel, showing that the kid stopped to rest or play every once in a while. Eventually, the light seems to grow darker and deeper, almost as if night is falling. It'll take about six hours of straight walking before they get to the rocks, but when they do it's almost pitch black until the clouds part, revealing a shattered moon hanging above, casting down light bright enough to read by. The clouds obscure the light every once in a while though, so it can't be trusted.

The rock towers seem to be stacks of flat sided boulders as wide as a car and as tall as many skyscrapers. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them all around, tightly packed and leaving narrow paths through. The dust on the ground has lessened to the point where footprints are barely able to be seen, but those who can track by scent can still follow Kirby's trail, but there on the outskirts of the rocks, they'll see that someone or something has left a small white chalk arrow on the side of one of the towers.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

A Little Boy's Grief

Wes takes down his pack and fishes out the flashlight, aiming the beam around to try and find the trail and see if the footprints lead the same direction as the arrow.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Hell]

Certain nods and says, "A good point...But this one seems hell-bent on destroying me, for some reason. I don't think diplomacy is an option."
    [Hell]

"Then you use the information to destroy her instead. My point is, you can't beat a foe you don't know. This always why you never should leave a foe alive. Since as you survived her attack you have already learned a great deal about her powers. So learn from this and next time this warlock will be at your mercy." Baelron advises.

11. - Top - End - #281

Mirror, mirror -Card

Card continues after the spell casting shadow, and swings the wool sword directly at the focused spot of the dark magic, seeing how the sword reacts to doing that.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

A Little Boy's Grief

The ball bounces off the rock but doesn't roll at all when it hits the dusty ground, finding the layer of dust to be too soft to do so. Needs will find the gum wrapper to taste faintly of juicyfruit, but there's nothing else that's special about it.

Finally, towards the rocks!

What feels to be several long hours pass as the rocks grow larger and larger in the distance. As they travel, the tracks don't seem to waiver though every once and a while there's a butt print or a dust angel, showing that the kid stopped to rest or play every once in a while. Eventually, the light seems to grow darker and deeper, almost as if night is falling. It'll take about six hours of straight walking before they get to the rocks, but when they do it's almost pitch black until the clouds part, revealing a shattered moon hanging above, casting down light bright enough to read by. The clouds obscure the light every once in a while though, so it can't be trusted.

The rock towers seem to be stacks of flat sided boulders as wide as a car and as tall as many skyscrapers. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them all around, tightly packed and leaving narrow paths through. The dust on the ground has lessened to the point where footprints are barely able to be seen, but those who can track by scent can still follow Kirby's trail, but there on the outskirts of the rocks, they'll see that someone or something has left a small white chalk arrow on the side of one of the towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Little Boy's Grief

Wes takes down his pack and fishes out the flashlight, aiming the beam around to try and find the trail and see if the footprints lead the same direction as the arrow.
    A Little Boy's Grief

The Mother sniffs at the arrow warily, keeping the scent trail in mind and seeing if the chalk smells heavily of it, as the dust angels and seat-prints would have. Her eyes flutter closed as she imagines, in her head, what it would be to have such an active, imaginative boy as her son.

But no, not him. He has parents, and she has children. So many little children that she can't ever find... But at least she can do this. If the arrow smells of the scent she's been following, and another trail leads on from that, she'll gesture where she's heading and go onwards, trusting her nose, but opening her eyes so that she doesn't trip on the uneven ground.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Certain nods and says, "I see. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for the help. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

14. - Top - End - #284

[Hell]

"Well, are you setting up some sort of base in the nexus? How many people have you recruited so far? If things turn your way you will essentially soon be a demon lord yourself."

15. - Top - End - #285

A Little Boy's Grief

Needs chases after the beam of Wes's flashlight, suddenly forgetting their entire mission for this new quest, to wrap his dirty paws around that beam of artificial light and gobble it up. I feel like I should point out that Needs isn't actually capable of doing this.

...Hey, at the very least, now we have the most expendable and useless member of the party at the front in case any danger comes along, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #286

Carrie blinkblinks.
    Yyyyyou've been gone, like, a loooong while.
    Long enough that you missed me becoming not a goddess any more, I think...
    Sophia, meanwhile, nods and does her best to help out Fel medically.
    Sophia Godlark, yes that Godlark, Titan Shifter and member of VIGIL. Glad to meet both of you. WATCHTOWER and HALO Merged recently into VIGIL by the way. Carrie's one of the coleaders with Magtok, DC, and I believe a couple other people.
    She explains.
    Sophia, for those that don't know, is a tallish woman with sky blue eyes, red/dark brown hair, and tanned skin, the latter of which is not tan as in suntan, but I've been outside a LOT tan. She is in peak physical condition, with a rather attractive body and slender form, wearing an outfit of white leggings and a purple dress shirt. Over this Sophia has donned her seldom absent uniform of a cropped jacket, knee high boots, a complete harness wrapping around her torso, waist via being attached to a belt, and legs and feet. A green cloak is worn over her jacket, and an emblem of two crossed bird wings (one white one blue) is worn proudly by her owner upon it. A steel box like object hangs from each side of her waist, with 4 blades sheathed in each one. A gas tank is upon The top of both, and a grappling launcher is mounted discreetly upon her belt.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia, meanwhile, nods and does her best to help out Fel medically.
    Sophia Godlark, yes that Godlark, Titan Shifter and member of VIGIL. Glad to meet both of you. WATCHTOWER and HALO Merged recently into VIGIL by the way. Carrie's one of the coleaders with Magtok, DC, and I believe a couple other people.
    She explains.
    Sophia, for those that don't know, is a tallish woman with sky blue eyes, red/dark brown hair, and tanned skin, the latter of which is not tan as in suntan, but I've been outside a LOT tan. She is in peak physical condition, with a rather attractive body and slender form, wearing an outfit of white leggings and a purple dress shirt. Over this Sophia has donned her seldom absent uniform of a cropped jacket, knee high boots, a complete harness wrapping around her torso, waist via being attached to a belt, and legs and feet. A green cloak is worn over her jacket, and an emblem of two crossed bird wings (one white one blue) is worn proudly by her owner upon it. A steel box like object hangs from each side of her waist, with 4 blades sheathed in each one. A gas tank is upon The top of both, and a grappling launcher is mounted discreetly upon her belt.

Wait, What?

Why would you give up your godness?

And what's VIGIL?

When I left it was a couple weeks after Christmas.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Certain shrugs and says, "A few. The theater owner, a couple of actors, and...A godling that tried to summon me...Though I don't think that one stuck, for some reason."

19. - Top - End - #289

[Hell]

"Not everyone sticks, you must always count that some people stray from the path. But do you understand our final goal Certain? I'm not sure you have been informed of it yet." Baelron asks, the six eyes looking at her intently.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Certain shrugs and says, "Sort of? Not very well, though. What is it?"

21. - Top - End - #291

[Hell]

"To end the tyranny of gods. To destroy those who consider themselves worthy to be worshiped by other intelligent beings and dictate their lives. You know the existence of these so called 'gods' don't you Certain?" The shade asks.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Certain frowns and bitterly says, "Intimately. If you want to kill the gods, I will aid in whatever way that I can."

23. - Top - End - #293

[Hell]

"Excellent, then we're already on the same page and that's all I wanted to affirm. If there is anything I can do to aid your efforts, just speak your mind. There is a good chance we won't be able to speak directly like this in quite some time after all." Baelron replies.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, What?

Why would you give up your godness?

And what's VIGIL?

When I left it was a couple weeks after Christmas.
    Carrie sighs. I... had to save someone very close to me, and in doing so I sacrificed my divinity.
    As for VIGIL, it's... well, it's WATCHTOWER plus HALO, basically. I have to visit the WATCHTOWER base eventually, I guess...
    Also it's, like, August.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Carrie sighs. I... had to save someone very close to me, and in doing so I sacrificed my divinity.
    As for VIGIL, it's... well, it's WATCHTOWER plus HALO, basically. I have to visit the WATCHTOWER base eventually, I guess...
    Also it's, like, August.
    What's Christmas?
    Sophia asks Carrie.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Also it's, like, August.
    Well, that's not so bad......

AUGUST???

I've been gone for SEVEN MONTHS?

How the....

Oh no.

Lynette......

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    Carrie goes to hug Fel, sighing. I... I'm sorry, Fel, I...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

Park with Fel and Carrie

Sophia is skippable for this part, feeling as I'm-not-supposed-to-be-here as a character whose player decided to have her meet Fel, saw the scene already had a reply, shrugged, and threw the character into it anyways can be.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Certain nods and says, "If I am to take on the gods, I need more power. Is there any way for me to get that?"

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Library of Grimoires

The Grand Library of Grimoires was once a grand complex, proud in its design and sprawling in its architecture. Well, sprawling it still is, but its air of pride has been replaced with one of foreboding. Its front entrance is mostly one of straight lines, of rectangular steps and triangular awnings being held up by scarred pillars which were white at some point. This facade is the only visible feature, as the rest stretches into the mountain that the building is built into. Surrounding the building is next to nothing, just a few scattered wooden structures that once sheltered workers, but now stand empty. Some animals have settled into them, but for the most part the entire place is desolate.

The wooden doors of the place are not locked, and swing open easily, although they might seem in oddly good condition. Perhaps not the damaged wood, but the fact that they swing on their hinges perfectly well. Inside is a short hallway lined with worn paintings of old wizards, leading to another door, likely to the main foyer...
    The place looked all the larger from the perspective of a pixie.. Or at least a pixie-sized person.

Of course, that also meant that any crack, crevasse, or mouse hole was nearly an invitation inside if they could be found. Probably depended upon how high the doors were of of the floor. Given that the place was set into the hard stone of a mountain, setting the areocar down somewhere in a courtyard hadn't been much of an option to save a bit of walking.. Or flying as was the case for half of the duo.

Still, once they had managed to pass the doors, whether by crawling under them or squeezing through a gap or applying maybe a bit of leverage, Riss would be moving at a decently quick pace for someone of her current size although it hardly was more than a slow stroll for anyone whom the doors were more readily made to accommodate. Swinging a small electric torch around to help illuminate more of the area around her, she took a few moments to shine it up at the paintings and see if there were any names ascribed to the people displayed within. "..You know, this reminds me.. Think you'd be free to go see another horror movie tomorrow, Mimi?" the muse asked in a playful tone. Really, the creepy sort of atmosphere was starting to remind her of her favored film genre..