New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 9: What a crazy, random happenstance!

Reception Area

"Well, I was here to yell at him, but I think my steam just ran out. She was just here to keep me safe. " she sighs.
    "Ugh, I don't even know what to do. Can't really let him just tromp around the place, but it'd be Acanthe who'd be actually doing anything. All I can do is yell. And maybe punch something.

All I know is I worked very hard to get myself back to being completely human and I'll be damned if half of the Cabinet ends up like I was."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Reception Area

"Well, I was here to yell at him, but I think my steam just ran out. She was just here to keep me safe. " she sighs.
    "Ugh, I don't even know what to do. Can't really let him just tromp around the place, but it'd be Acanthe who'd be actually doing anything. All I can do is yell. And maybe punch something.

All I know is I worked very hard to get myself back to being completely human and I'll be damned if half of the Cabinet ends up like I was."
    Crabceptionist blinks slowly. "Well... you could go to his office and... generally make a mess of it. I dunno if it'd fix anything but it'd be nice to imagine."

Acanthe begins gnawing the desk at this point. "Nghh. We should do something soon, at least..."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception Area

Pat smiles.
    "That might do. Maybe we'll find something important. Where's that?" she asks, evil smile returning. If she's told she'll immediately take Acanthe and head there.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception Area

Pat smiles.
    "That might do. Maybe we'll find something important. Where's that?" she asks, evil smile returning. If she's told she'll immediately take Acanthe and head there.
    She is pointed toward an elevator. "That'll take you to the office complex. There's a line on the wall that'll lead you to the executive level... careful, place gets a little confusing at times."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception Area

"Thanks." says Pat as she gets in the elevator, not really worried about getting lost.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception Area

"Thanks." says Pat as she gets in the elevator, not really worried about getting lost.
    [Elevator]
    Acanthe joins her as they go up, up...

Ding.

[Office Complex]
    The offices are... frankly boring. Drab carpet, off-white walls, speckled white drop ceiling, white fluorescent lighting. The cubicle walls are bland porridgey beige, the computers almost interesting with black and silver but for their dull uniformity. Along the wall to the gals' right, there are several color-coded lines with labels: blue for the break room, red for the bathroom, and vivid orange for the executive offices.

The cubicles are sparsely populated with patchy-looking humanoid robots who barely notice the intruders if at all.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Office Area

That fiend! He terrorizes his organic workers and bores his synthetic ones!
    Pat follows the line straight to the main office!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Office Area

That fiend! He terrorizes his organic workers and bores his synthetic ones!
    Pat follows the line straight to the main office!
    Eventually, they come to a set of double-doors to which the orange line points. Almost there... Acanthe yanks them open.

... And looks into what is clearly a more industrial area, complete with concrete walls and floor, a high ceiling with skylights, and a few windows here and there. Outside is not the sunny whiteness of the Abstraction, but the hazy aqua light of the Caverns of Mist.

All about the floor are crates and forklifts, an orderly setup of stacked and grid-aligned boxes and pallets.

"... Spatial shenanigans." Acanthe sighs.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Offices?

Pat blinks. "Wait, so is this not his office? Or is his office a shipping room? Ugh, let's just keep looking around until we find something important to break." she says, stomping off in a random direction.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mirror, Mirror]
    Card

The papers are pretty interesting. They seem very much like a journal, written in hasty handwriting. A couple of papers help give a mental description of the long-ago owner of the mansion: he was a rich well-dressed man who liked to party but left his recent wife alone in this massive mansion with only the servants for company whenever he went out for a party, and often there were parties held in the mansion, too. She would always prepare the house for the parties and clean up afterwards. One by one, the servants left or were fired because they didn't like cleaning up after the parties. Eventually, that left the young wife alone in taking care of the whole mansion. While the man of the mansion was out partying one night, she died. There was nobody around to cover the mirrors (which, as everyone knows - the papers point out - if you don't cover the mirrors and open the windows and stop the clocks when someone dies, their soul gets trapped in them and they can no longer go to heaven because they're stuck there).

With nobody around to cover the mirrors and open the windows, the woman's soul obviously got captured in the mirrors, and the man - when he got back three days later - has been haunted by her ever since. He started researching a way to get captured souls out of mirrors, but hasn't figured it out. As he was writing this, he started hearing footsteps out in the hallway, and he has to quickly write what he's learned and the story so that nobody makes the same mistakes he made, and that everyone should stay away from the mirrors and that if h-

It's cut off there. Spattered ink. An unfinished word, halfway down the last page.

Darsy

In fact, there are no other ones forming. Fortunately.

As Darsy continues dodging and punching and kicking them, the shadowmen slowly start melting and evaporating. Eventually, they begin looking more like half-eaten cakes that were given to an overexcited three-year-old than men.

Just one last good punch on each, and they'll fall into nothingness. The room will brighten up a little: seem less dark and foreboding, now that the shadows are gone.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #71

Mirror, Mirror

Well, that was an unwanted fight.

Darsy takes a moment to catch her breath. Then she glances around, trying to remember what she was doing here.

Oh, right! Lump on the bed!

Letting go of her power, Darsy turns back to the bed to inspect it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #72

Mirror, Mirror
    Darsy

As before:

It looks like a headless Harley Ms. Martinez. The only obvious injury is the beheading, which (for some reason) was bleeding something silvery-colored, not red. Like mercury.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #73

Mirror, Mirror

The silver blood made Darsy doubt the authenticity of this scene. It didn't match the blood back in the entrance. Also, she highly doubted that Ms. Martinez had silver blood.

So, the first thing Darsy does is look around the room for signs of more silver blood.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Offices?

Pat blinks. "Wait, so is this not his office? Or is his office a shipping room? Ugh, let's just keep looking around until we find something important to break." she says, stomping off in a random direction.
    [Offices > Warehouse]
    Acanthe follows her through the warehouse; there's still that orange line on the wall, chipped and flecked on the concrete surface, which leads toward the end of the building.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Warehouse

Pat walks faster and faster as time goes on, getting more and more annoyed at this stupid place and its stupid labels making her go through an entire flipping warehouse before she can get to this stupid office that was supposed to be nearby. I mean sheesh, now this place has been annoying, rude, AND wasted her time!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Pyramid of Painful Demise

The knife clatters down the corridor, though whether or not it hits is hard to determine. The cement grenade is something I'm not familiar with, though unless it blocks the corridor with a cement wall or something, the lich throws a ball of black, shadowy flame up at what is, to it, the far end of the corridor- the end Wenomir and Dena stand. The ball of shadowy flames will create an area of magical darkness and inflict cold damage on anything caught within its radius. Worse, as it doesn't show up against the dark corridor, it'll be harder to dodge- though it is still possible to get out of the way.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #77

I should have described it better, I'm guessing you're familiar with D&D 3.5? It's basically like a tanglefoot bag that's supposed to encase the entire target in cement-like goo (it's not actual cement, it just shares similar qualities, the name is a misnomer) that quickly dries up when exposed to air.
    In any case, Dena is already retreating back once she believes she have managed to slow the lich down. She hadn't any intention to fight it just yet.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[Pyramid of Painful Demise]

Wenomir also retreats, for now... but not before pulling one trick. He shifts his grip on his axe and swings it in a wide arc, the blunt side forward - trying to hit the magical attack with the rune-etched axe head and send it right back at the lich. He puts all his considerable willpower and training into this maneuver.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

I am, but only vaguely- the one game I got involved with was on this site and died. Fortunately, a friend of mine has invited me into a game he shall be running, so I'll get better acquainted soon.

The cement grenade ensures that the lich cannot move this post, and possibly not next post either. Wenomir is also successful in batting the shadowfire away, though unfortunately the undead tiefling is smart enough not to use any spells that might possibly hurt him. He's planning more so he can use area affect spells in melee, rather than having them deflected back at him, but it works both ways.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #80

Mirror, mirror- Card

Finally, the information of why this place is so creepy. Its not so helpful in finding where the others are, but looks like his talents might be the key to ending this haunting. Hurrah for the ability to move souls around, but its likely only going to work on the mirror in the room where the lady died. Well, that and any other mirror that was in the room where someone else died.

Well, that means that he should work on finding the others before there are more haunted mirrors in this manor. So, Card goes to check the bookshelves, but now he notices the door hidden under the rug. He pulls the rug aside, and tries to open the door.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Warehouse

Pat walks faster and faster as time goes on, getting more and more annoyed at this stupid place and its stupid labels making her go through an entire flipping warehouse before she can get to this stupid office that was supposed to be nearby. I mean sheesh, now this place has been annoying, rude, AND wasted her time!
    Acanthe slithers forward toward the next door, yanking it open. They seem to be in a more officey place again, a nice boring hallway with double doors at the end.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Warehouse

"Oh my gods, thank you." says Pat as she strides forward, right through the (obvious boss-style) double doors!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Warehouse

"Oh my gods, thank you." says Pat as she strides forward, right through the (obvious boss-style) double doors!
    [Office!]
    The doors even have little windows on them, showing she's going straight into a big executive office.

The doors, infuriatingly, open into a sloping-upward hallway with almost bluish lighting, piles along the walls, and a grey rubberized floor.

Acanthe flails unhappily at the doors that have pulled more spatial horse-hockey and landed them in some sort of [Lab Complex].
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat groans again, and it's clear that she's just barely restraining a scream. She keeps going though. Oh, my does she keep going.
    You might as well just describe the next three rooms she goes into through this chain of hallways, because she's not stopping any time soon.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat groans again, and it's clear that she's just barely restraining a scream. She keeps going though. Oh, my does she keep going.
    You might as well just describe the next three rooms she goes into through this chain of hallways, because she's not stopping any time soon.
    As she storms through the hallway, she eventually comes to a door that slides into the wall to reveal a host of robot and organic researchers at consoles, consulting holographic images of various lower-body anatomies---humanoid, equine, cnidarian, dipteran, ursine, serpentine, tank-tread, and stranger still!

From a high screen glowers (or smirks... or... he doesn't have any expressions, I dunno what his face is doing!) the sunglasses-wearing robot jerk. As the researchers notice Pat and Acanthe, he (presumably looking through cameras) does as well.

"WELL, GENTS. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE... TEST SUBJECTS."\

Someone starts reaching for something blocky and made of the taupe plastic so common on old computers, bits marked with yellow and black warning stripes.

Oh dear.
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-07-22 at 08:32 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat's eyes burn with fury. Fury! She points at the screen dramatically!
    "Hey you, you freaking asshat! You can do whatever the hell you want in your own place with your own people, but your lousy attitude and inter-personal discrimination is making you a huge ***** and I demand you vacate your damn factory off of my lawn! " she shouts at the screen.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat's eyes burn with fury. Fury! She points at the screen dramatically!
    "Hey you, you freaking asshat! You can do whatever the hell you want in your own place with your own people, but your lousy attitude and inter-personal discrimination is making you a huge ***** and I demand you vacate your damn factory off of my lawn! " she shouts at the screen.
    A nervous-looking lab tech grabs up the object on the table, which is a sort of laser-gun-looking-thing, and swings it around to point at Pat.

"FOR FUNDING!" He cries before pulling the trigger and hoping he hits. If he does hit with the hazy pulse of coral-pink light... well... nothing at first.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat was much too busy looking at the big giant face-screen to be paying attention to this intern schmuck. I mean, clearly she should have been, but she wasn't. Maybe she was expecting Acanthe to warn her if something like that was happening, but maybe not. Maybe she was just mad.
    When the guy screams, she does snap her head back down to see him, but sadly he already pulled the trigger and Pat can't dodge at the speed of light. She is hit by the beam of light!
    And since nothing happened, she responds with only a simple check of herself (especially the rear) and says simply, "...the hell was that?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat was much too busy looking at the big giant face-screen to be paying attention to this intern schmuck. I mean, clearly she should have been, but she wasn't. Maybe she was expecting Acanthe to warn her if something like that was happening, but maybe not. Maybe she was just mad.
    When the guy screams, she does snap her head back down to see him, but sadly he already pulled the trigger and Pat can't dodge at the speed of light. She is hit by the beam of light!
    And since nothing happened, she responds with only a simple check of herself (especially the rear) and says simply, "...the hell was that?"
    Acanthe shrugs, the last sparkly vestiges of the pinkish light dissipating like aurora or mist around them both.

And suddenly, she's on the ground with a squawk of dismay and Pat's hard-earned legs are nowhere to be found, in their place a muscular...
    Scaled...
    Finned...
    Tail...
    At least it's in her color. Getting Acanthe's skin would make this slightly more awkward.
    "INTERESTING."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab Complex

Pat falls to the ground with an equally indignant squawk, just barely managing to take the fall with her arms and not break her nose by face-plating on the cold tiles.
    Pat immediately begins flopping around without any real coordination, angrily spouting curse words more colorful than the assortment of creatures on the monitors. All of course culminate with giving the man on the screen the finger.
    She does at least spare a glance over to Acanthe to see how she's doing.