New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 9: What a crazy, random happenstance!

Mirror, mirror

Card turns to Darsy and holds out his hands.

"You next. Take both to lift me."

2. - Top - End - #962
    Pixie in the Playground

[Vulpine Outpost in the Mountains]

Verise just nods - not a lot of mileage left in that discussion. Caroline looks curious about something...

There is something I have wondered since not long after I arrived here: what exactly is a werefox? You look pretty much like us: maybe a little more true to a real fox's appearance, and you are a bit larger... But... infected?

Verise chuckles, and demonstrates: shifting smoothly to elven form

There are lots of folks who consider our condition a curse, Lady Caroline. Personally, I was born this way and have never known anything else... but the fact remains, if I bite a "normal" elf or human, then they will become infected and it takes time and guidance for them to adjust. And when I say "lots of folks", that includes the gods - because they way to cure an infected person is with the Remove Curse spell.

Caroline's eyes are wide

And the Vulpine Empire's armies did that to the people...

Verise nods

That's right. I don't expect there to be a lot of "us and them" going on over there... because there's no "them" anymore. Not quite Miss Caravan's genocide, but I imagine some folks might see it that way.

[Palace of Orochi]

Frederick returns the hug, then adds tickles!

But have you heard how good we are at tickling?

[La Fontaine Nightclub]

A waiter comes and deposits two glasses of water, one of which Katrina hangs a small charm on. Then she nods

Good idea! Come on.

And she leads the way to the bar. The bar counter has a thick, translucent aqua glass top with a picture of sand underneath. The edge is rough but ground so as to be safe. Behind the counter, a long wall of bottles promises a decent attempt at providing anything someone might ask for. Katrina bounces up.

Nifty, huh? They also have quite an extensive wine list. Um... and sodas and flavoring stuff if you're not into any of that. Sorry, forgot to ask.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Dwarf in the Playground

[La Fontaine]

As they step up to the bar, Urias runs his hand gently along the jagged edge, and smiles faintly. So far, there hadn't been a thing out of place, thematically. The club must be very well maintained, he figures.

'Um... well, I don't really drink alcohol.' By which, Urias means he's never tried alcohol. He seems somewhat embarrassed by this. 'Sorry, that's really boring of me, isn't it? I could try something out. Something new.'
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vulpine Outpost in the Mountains

"Can werefoxes of your sort still reproduce?"
    Gilded Caravan asks. "I want to be clear on your kind of were, since the rules can vary widely."

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

Verise nods

Yes, with each other or with humans or elves... but the result is always one of us. Well... two in most cases, that tends to infect the partner.

Caroline blinks, and shudders slightly

I had never even imagined such a thing... there is nothing of that sort on our home world. Nothing at all.

[La Fontaine]

Katrina chuckles.

It's really not that terrible. But I can probably suggest something if you want to try. What sorts of things do you like, in general terms? Sweet, sour, fruity, ... ?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vulpine Outpost in the Mountains

"Weres are generally feared and hunted. How much they deserve it varies greatly." Caravan sighs. "Nothing is ever simple. People try to change that, and they fail."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Dwarf in the Playground

[La Fontaine]

'No, nothing too sweet or sugary, err...' He looks to be contemplating his decision carefully. 'Fresh. Something fresh.'

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

Verise nods, but shrugs

People leave us alone, here, so it hasn't really been a problem.

Caroline snickers

Somehow it seems reasonable that there are no regular troublemakers for a secret military base a hundred miles from anywhere

There is that... but I meant in general: many of us have family in Inside, still.

Caroline sighs

Well... I guess I can understand why things ended up the way they did. I truly do hope the rest of your people were able to find peace as well. Hopefully we can get the issues with DART and this cult settled out fairly soon as well! I am not at all used to having hostile people stalking my family and friends.

[La Fontaine]

Katrine looks thoughtful

There's one I heard of last time, but haven't been brave enough to try... It's got this melon flavor stuff that is a little sweet, and some lime, and a couple other things, and then they garnish it with a cucumber slice.

She turns to the bartender and orders two of the cocktails, instructing him to shake Urias' very thoroughly so it gets diluted more.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-09-18 at 11:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Palace of Orochi]

Frederick returns the hug, then adds tickles!

But have you heard how good we are at tickling?
    Helen giggles as she's tickled, and says, "N-no! B-but you're very! Very good at it!"

10. - Top - End - #970
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Frederick grins, but then there is a knock on the door and a voice announces

"Dinner will be served shortly. If you are prepared, I will show you to the dining room."

Frederick mocks and exaggerated sigh

I suppose I shall have to grant you a reprieve for the nonce, fair lady.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

[La Fontaine]

Sensible. Urias likely has a low tolerance for alcohol. When the drinks arrive, Urias takes his sheepishly with both hands.

'Bottom's up, I guess.'

He takes a bravely large mouthful and... well, that's not an unpleasant taste. The flavours work, Urias feels, and signifies this with an enthusiastic nod.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Helen smiles and says, "I suppose we can save it for later," as she opens the door and heads towards the dining room.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Dwarf in the Playground

Verise nods, but shrugs

People leave us alone, here, so it hasn't really been a problem.

Caroline snickers

Somehow it seems reasonable that there are no regular troublemakers for a secret military base a hundred miles from anywhere

There is that... but I meant in general: many of us have family in Inside, still.

Caroline sighs

Well... I guess I can understand why things ended up the way they did. I truly do hope the rest of your people were able to find peace as well. Hopefully we can get the issues with DART and this cult settled out fairly soon as well! I am not at all used to having hostile people stalking my family and friends.
    "It's not something to get used to," Caravan says. "It's something to deal with. Excuse me, but could I see my room? I'd like to set up a temporary work station."

14. - Top - End - #974
    Pixie in the Playground

Verise nods

Yes, certainly. This way, please.

She leads Caroline and Caravan out down a hallway and around a brief walk until she stops by a pair of doors labeled simply "3" and "4".

Here you are. Take your pick: the rooms are mirror images of each other, so one of you gets left and the other gets right.

Caroline shrugs and looks at Caravan to see if she has a preference.

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick laughs

Yes, indeed.

And down to the dining room. It is still more of the same: a table of some highly polished dark wood that could easily seat twelve has brightly colored china and shining glassware set up for three. A large mirror above a full-length sideboard reflects a tapestry of Japanese inspiration... it appears to be a fearsome eight-headed facing a warrior.

Orochi is standing at one end of the table, and smiles politely

Thank you for coming promptly. It does make things easier for the servants if everyone is ready promptly.

[La Fontaine]

Katrina takes a sip, then giggles

Little sips, Urias, or you're going to end up tipsy before you know it. Want any snacks? Now's the best time to put your order in, before it gets too busy. I'm going to get some satay and this really cool thing they call 'Angry Edamame' - soybeans fried in really hot chili butter!

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Mirror, mirror

Card turns to Darsy and holds out his hands.

"You next. Take both to lift me."
    [Mirror, Mirror]

"Hurry up already before there's more water on me than there is clothes." The ground is still wet, but it's absorbing nicely into her clothes.

Luckily, the sun is bright and warm.

Ms. Martinez helps whoever comes up first. Also, she'll help whoever comes up last, too, just 'cause it's possible.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

[La Fontaine]

Urias chuckles himself, placing his palm over the top of his drink. 'I'll slow down, then. Hmm. Do they do tortilla chips?'

Tortilla chips are one of his favourites.

'You got the drinks, so let me get these,' he says. It's only fair.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen nods to Orochi and says, "I see. How do the shadows work then? What are they?"

18. - Top - End - #978
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Grief

The path chosen is devoid of the jackals ahead of them, but as soon as they begin to move, the others close in from behind with some splitting up along the paths to try and find ways around. Four tag behind, sticking to the shadows, and The Mother and Needs will hear the pad of running paws all around as they seek alternate routes. A few seconds later however, and everyone will hear a series of loud yelps and screeches off to the right followed by a loud crunch of bone being crushed. The sound causes the visible jackals to flinch and look around warily, but they don't shy away, staying on the group's heels.

It might be best to start running.
    Grief

"There it is. If it runs out of other targets, I will have to pick you up again. The next time won't be fun at all, be ready." The Mother speaks in a monotone that wavers and breaks at the end, rising into a fearful moan that swiftly cuts out. Reaching behind with the pair of spike-ended tentacles trailing from her left arm, she'll allow them to extend and leave their tips on the ground, getting further and further behind them as if she was spooling out rope. When the jackals near the trailing ends of the appendages, she'll whip them up and flail them around, attempting to smash into the legs of the beasts and crack their bones while reeling the excess muscle and ligaments back in.

After she's made her attempted attack, she'll pick up her speed while staying on the same course after Kirby's scent as she did before.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

Verise nods

Yes, certainly. This way, please.

She leads Caroline and Caravan out down a hallway and around a brief walk until she stops by a pair of doors labeled simply "3" and "4".

Here you are. Take your pick: the rooms are mirror images of each other, so one of you gets left and the other gets right.

Caroline shrugs and looks at Caravan to see if she has a preference.
    Caravan shrugs and takes room four. There, the illusion effect is turned off, and she gets out of the Golden Goose.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Car Show

There she sits. Gleaming, sleek, beautiful. The perfect mix of soft and sharp carves, that form fitting leather, the dark visage, the flowing blue and white and cream, catching every eye in the hall. She purrs softly, a dangerous scent in the air about her.

"I want it."

Jackalope stands, staring at the new Agera model, his glass shaking in his white gloved hand as he licks his lips. He's always dreamed of one of these, of driving off in impeccable dress code, everyone watching in awe.

Now if only he could get away with it...
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Car Show]

So this is how the people in this world get around. Certainly these are fanciful, impressive. Each of this shining machines is a work of art.

How incredibly decadent.

A ragged figure in a yellow rain poncho wanders between the cars, no one quite caring enough to throw them out. Until they overhear an expression of pure, unimaginable greed from another onlooker.
    "So take it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Car Show

Jackalope gives the figure a passing glance, trying to get a good look at their face. His big, flopsy ears stand straight up and focus on the stranger.

"I'm trying to figure out how to not get in trouble for it. "

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

23. - Top - End - #983

[Car Show]

Their face is androgynous, thin, flawless skin despite the haggard clothes. Brown eyes, half smile showing - not teeth, just single ceramic ridges in his/her? mouth.
    "Why do you care? It only matters if they catch you, right? Nobody needs one of these things, so if you want it more than they care to keep it safe...you get us?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Car Show

"Pretty sure the law doesn't see it that way," Jackalope says with a sly smile, "But yeah, I getcha."

He straightens his back out and sets his drink on the tray of a passing server.

"Besides," he sniffs, "Nothing I haven't done before."

Three more Jackalopes pop into existence, and make their way into various parts of the crowd to set up distractions. Flirting with guards, accidentally setting off alarms on different cars, spilling food, the works.

Meanwhile, the primary Jackalope extends ghostly appendages into the car and starts working at its lock and ignition...

"Why are you so keen on this?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #985

Mirror, Mirror

Darsy smirks a bit. If you don't want your clothes wet, you can always take them off!

Once up top, Darsy lets the light on her hands fade and looks around a bit.

Welp...what now?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #986

[Car Show]

The keen-on-robbery hobo grins wider and nods. Sparks start crackling around one of their hands.

"There we go."

Strolls a bit away from Jackalope, circling around the car. Still sounds like they're right by Jackalope's ear though.

"This place, all this effort on fancy carts? It's insane. We feel like it oughta be shaken up a bit."

When everybody looks sufficiently distracted by Jacks, they point a hand up at the nearest light fixture with a snap. Lightning arcs indoors, momentarily blinding, as first that light, then all the others explode.
    "Let's go."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Car Show

"I hope nobody trips," Jackalope adds as an afterthought as he climbs into the driver's seat of the car. The other Jackalopes disappear, and a mass of ghostly hands pushes the crowd out of the way as the sportscar's engine roars and Jackalope steers it off the display and around the wide hall to the exit!

(Recaiden) He lives!

28. - Top - End - #988

Mirror, mirror

And so Card is out of there as well.

"So, we leave, set flame, or try again?"

29. - Top - End - #989

[Car Show]

"They should just stand still." Judging by all the shouting and crashing that's not exactly what's going on.

There's a fluttering as the hobo hops in through the passenger window, breaking into pieces and then reassembling sitting upright in the seat.

"Oh good; you know how to operate them."

Alarms are yelling, flashlights and magical glows and appearing, other cars are being stolen.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Car Show

"I wouldn't steal something I can't use!" Jackalope laughs giddily! He cheers as he pulls around another corner and bursts out the front door, causing only superficial damage. He's finally living his dream!

(Recaiden) He lives!