Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 3: Explore, Experiment, Explode

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

Agent 47 nods

Something like that... yeah.

Then he chuckles

And I'm not asking you to, now. These are dart pistols, and if you choose to carry nothing but tranquilizers, well, that's up to you.

And he takes a pistol out: It's a .22 caliber flechette gun using two standard CO2 cylinders. He points it at the wall and pulls the trigger: there's a hissing pop, and then a soft *thunk* as the tiny dart sticks into the drywall.

But if that's still too scary, then go without - not my problem. Next up: the mundane field generator. Clip this to your belt...

He looks at Jack, suddenly considering the wisdom of that.

This may not agree with you... probably safer not to... Finally, the watch: it's your communication link back to base and to other agents, and can hold one dart.

[Towers - Gray Tower Level 1]

There is silence for a while as the pair eats. Soon enough they finish with Aja having only tentatively nibbled on an ant while Kal ate them all.

Now what?

[Tower Complex - Security Station - Sequel Hook]

Ok. So, are we the Cult of Atorre, now?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Confronting the Queen of the Night

The knife cleanly shears through the robot vigilante's forearm, severing the mechanical system that operated it and most of the other bits that hold the arm on, causing the hand and half the forearm to fall to the floor, leaving a clean, metallic stump that sparks and spurts bright green hydraulic fluid. The vampiric robot backs away cautiously, projecting an energy field about a centimetre over her body; it's visible as a slight distortion in the air, like a heat shimmer. The energy field is also designed to slow high-powered firearms enough that they bounce off her subdermal armour plating without being obvious about it; it is less effective against knives.
    "See? Not human." I wonder how the catgirls are taking all this.

Chevin pushes the attack, swinging the knife recklessly in the direction on the Queen's intact arm, forgetting the advice of the book-reader.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

The catgirls are ignoring the fight, instead going through the wannabe-mugger's pockets and putting his valuables into the magic pockets of their coats. It means I can ignore them for a bit.

Chevin is not alone in forgetting the book-reader's advice, and looking back I can't actually find any. Which is unfortunate. The vampiric robot lady is still superhumanly fast, though not supernatural, and dodges the blow, instead feinting a punch to Chevin's face before pulling back and trying to aim hydraulic fluid from her ruptured arm over Chevin's face. It's a low blow, but this is the first time anybody's managed to actually seriously damage the Queen; several bullet holes don't count, as the small projectiles were aimed high and therefore missed the vital systems.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

DART Skyside

"Sweeeeet," Jackalope holsters the dart gun and tightens the watch, "I'm like James Bond! Double oh seven all up in this!"

He looks at the belt.

"What's a mundane field?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

The Heights

Spoiler: Previously
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"What's our target and just how bad do you want them messed up?"
    He almost laughs, but after seeing that Arthur is in no mood for much of anything he contains himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [The Heights]

"Do we have coffee?" Reyna helpfully asks. It's probably best to take that as a no.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Heights

"I was going to ask if you actually had a plan, myself." offers the Ork as he finds himself a seat and deposits his bag on the floor next to him.

Willow finally breaks away from watching the balcony and the hoverbike, to gather in the office with the rest.

"Why don't we start with introductions?" Willow says, looking pointedly at Reyna and less pointedly at Betty. She deems the Freakshow woman less of a threat on the grounds that Arthur probably wouldn't sleep with someone who might accidentally take off his head in a moment of passion. She takes it for granted that either of them would gladly jump into bed with Arthur, despite having exactly zero evidence of that. "You all know Arthur, of course, but I haven't had the pleasure. I'm Willow Warwick, and I am Arthur's girlfriend." Did she put extra stress on the word 'girlfriend'? Nah, that was probably not crazy jealous girlfriend brainwashed by Vice intentional at all.

I think at this point we can handwave introductions. It would be silly to spend another posting round on them.

"Earlier today, Darvulia kidnapped my brother and Arthur's sister. Their goal is to get Arthur to join them, working for Darvulia exclusively. Arthur and I have agreed to go and meet with them at Lazuli Bunting, unarmed, to negotiate for their return."
    Lazuli Bunting is the high end restaurant slash money laundering front for the Darvulian syndicate. "We do not expect the meeting to remain peaceful. And that's where you come in." She turns the meeting over to Arthur at this point.

Darvulian Compound

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Darvulian Compound]

"Don't worry about the uniform." Tori says before closing her eyes and concentrating, muttering the words of a spell under her breath. Her form blurs and shifts, and when it comes into focus again she's looking very much like the unconscious guard. "Here, you take this." She offers Wes her bracelet. "I'll take the gun."

Once they've traded, she'll ask his help to haul the guard into the room. "We should search her, too. She might have keys or a passcard or something."
    Wes slips the bracelet over his wrist and helps to search the guard. They find keys, but no passcard. They also find a pack of gum (open), a few dollars worth of change, and a wallet with ID, two credit cards, and loads of receipts.

"Okay, you're... Marissa Gadwell? I guess I'm your prisoner, and the other hostage... flew away? Is with another guard? What do you think?"
    Wes says. They probably won't bear up well under questioning anyway. Tori didn't hear enough of the guard's voice to be able to mimic it completely, though with her acting skills (and bard uncle) she might make a pretty good go. Hopefully they won't meet any of Gadwell's close friends.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-07-26 at 06:10 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Heights]

Glancing at Willow the instant she got emphatic, the back of Arthur's mind started trying to figure out just what was wrong with her at this particular moment while he also had to focus on the briefing. Note to self: Take Willow aside and talk for a minute when we have a chance.

Turning his gaze back to the assembled team, Arthur nodded. "Right. What we need to do is spring the hostages while also arranging for an escape route so Willow and I can get out of the meeting with our hides. To that end, we need several things. Namely, information on where the captives are being held, a team to rescue the hostages, and then cover so me and Willow can get out get out of the meeting with Darvulia alive. We'll also need any kind of heavy firepower we can bring to bear as we make our exit, so we can send Darvulia a message by killing some of her guards as we're leaving." As he emphasized the important parts of the overall breakdown of his plan, he ticked them off on his fingers, ending up with one full hand as he finished.

"To that end, we need to find the hostages first, and then scout out the meeting place before going in to talk to Darvulia face-to-face. Jessica's working on that part of the plan with the dimensional-fold cloak. It'll give me and Willow the opportunity to get the gear we need to fight our way clear, but if Darvulia's smart she'll have enough backup on hand to handle something like that, so we'll need help of our own waiting in the wings. Questions so far before I go on? Suggestions? I'm all ears if you guys have something constructive to say." At 'constructive', Arthur glared daggers at Gattle, and then Reyna, positively daring either of them to make a stupid joke at his expense right this minute.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Heights]

Marcus heard the call for everyone to come to the office, but ignores it. He still hadn't quite worked out all his armor, and was half hoping Jessica would take Arthur's suggestion and assist him. She was busy with that cloak, though, and he was still covered in bandages. At least he was feeling a bit better. His limp was slowly, but noticeably, going away. It was too bad he didn't see much of Darvulia's place when he was kidnapped, but her crew were professionals. Well, not professional enough to make certain he was dead, the half-drow thinks to himself with a smile.

[Darvulian Compound]

Victoria takes the keys and commits the name to memory. "With luck we won't be questioned. You just act like a scared prisoner, and I'm going to try and walk us out the front door. If they try to stop us, we'll run for it. And if we really need to escape quickly, I can glide us both down to the ground." It'd be a pretty fast glide, and Wes probably wouldn't like it, especially the initial dive she'd probably have to use to dodge any gun fire, but they'd survive it. She hoped.

The disguised half fiend stands and reaches to take Wes by the arm, pointing the gun at his ribs. "No funny business, right?" She says in a rough approximation of the guardwoman's voice. Tori preffered to keep him closer, so they could whisper to one another, and be less likely to be separated. She could more easily shield him, too, if needed.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Heights

"I've got myself, a bunch of freaks, even a couple of champions, willing to rip apart whatever you send us to," Gattle says, "No tanks, but a few stunners."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-07-26 at 01:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Shantelle catches the objects, smiling more at Toy's comment and staring as she accepts the glass of wine.
    I second that plan, my maybe more than a good friend! This is the best city I've visited by far, I agree! I propose a toast to the greatness of Skyside and the hospitality of our host!
    Shantelle says, raising up her glass to toast.
    [Dead Decaying Dan's Diner]

"Hear, hear! To lawlessness, lechery, and lucre!"

The buxom Toy darkly cheers! She attempts to stylishly clink her glass against Shantelle's like a classy lady before downing her draught of wine in a single, greedy gulp. She blinks five or six times in rapid succession and coughs twice before wiping her lips with her sleeve as if to prove that she needn't act like refined, meek eye candy anymore!

"Gods that's strong for wine! Spicy too! Wow!"

Shaking off the burn of the dark purple liquid, Toy slides into the kitchen.

"What'll you have, ma cherie?"

Also...

*Pokes to GLoG.*
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-26 at 12:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dead Decaying Dan's Diner]

"Hear, hear! To lawlessness, lechery, and lucre!"

The buxom Toy darkly cheers! She attempts to stylishly clink her glass against Shantelle's like a classy lady before downing her draught of wine in a single, greedy gulp. She blinks five or six times in rapid succession and coughs twice before wiping her lips with her sleeve as if to prove that she needn't act like refined, meek eye candy anymore!

"Gods that's strong for wine! Spicy too! Wow!"

Shaking off the burn of the dark purple liquid, Toy slides into the kitchen.

"What'll you have, ma cherie?"
    Shantelle grins and downs the wine, before having a similar reaction to it.
    She gags slightly, surprised by the strength.
    Appears I'm not as able to withstand alcohol as you are.
    Hmm... think they have cake?

She inquires with a grin
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

The catgirls are ignoring the fight, instead going through the wannabe-mugger's pockets and putting his valuables into the magic pockets of their coats. It means I can ignore them for a bit.

Chevin is not alone in forgetting the book-reader's advice, and looking back I can't actually find any. Which is unfortunate. The vampiric robot lady is still superhumanly fast, though not supernatural, and dodges the blow, instead feinting a punch to Chevin's face before pulling back and trying to aim hydraulic fluid from her ruptured arm over Chevin's face. It's a low blow, but this is the first time anybody's managed to actually seriously damage the Queen; several bullet holes don't count, as the small projectiles were aimed high and therefore missed the vital systems.
    Chevin dodges the not-even-there punch, and is hit by the fluid. She ducks away and thrashes her head to throw off the hydraulicized mask, revealing a human face underneath, and very quickly, color returns to her. Golden dreadlocks are red, golden armor green, her golden scabbard black and blue.
    She backs away a few steps, hoping the Queen has a limited supply of that liquid.

This is a concern. Most people in their position are given a job relatively afield.

"You'll stay around here at least until we work out this trouble with the Cult of Tenjin. Aja, you'll be back to the green tower to study and draw. Kal, you, I think, will be to the meditation garden here to prayer and see about your magical capabilities."

Atorre finishes his whole meal, at a reasonable pace.
    "You don't like the ants?"

"We'll have to consider that, for a moment. A cult of a Partner may not be a good idea, relations-wise. Magtok did it once, but I don't remember that going well. And we may not want you under Inari's banner."

Elsewhere, Plum murmurs a prayer for guidance as to the correct policy here.

"Work on helping the downtrodden, as you said. Report back here once a week, every sixthday, and you'll get your funding and supplies then. We'll get you a name and maybe venerated figure next week."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-26 at 01:30 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

The Heights

[The Heights]

Marcus heard the call for everyone to come to the office, but ignores it. He still hadn't quite worked out all his armor, and was half hoping Jessica would take Arthur's suggestion and assist him. She was busy with that cloak, though, and he was still covered in bandages. At least he was feeling a bit better. His limp was slowly, but noticeably, going away. It was too bad he didn't see much of Darvulia's place when he was kidnapped, but her crew were professionals. Well, not professional enough to make certain he was dead, the half-drow thinks to himself with a smile.
    After the scary people have left, Jessica looks up from the sewing machine. Marcus may look half-dead, but he's one of the more normal people here. Even Willow... Wow, you think you know someone... She doesn't even know what to think of her being involved in gangs and hinting that she's going to kill people.

"What kind of armour do you wear?" she asks tentatively.

[Darvulian Compound]

Victoria takes the keys and commits the name to memory. "With luck we won't be questioned. You just act like a scared prisoner, and I'm going to try and walk us out the front door. If they try to stop us, we'll run for it. And if we really need to escape quickly, I can glide us both down to the ground." It'd be a pretty fast glide, and Wes probably wouldn't like it, especially the initial dive she'd probably have to use to dodge any gun fire, but they'd survive it. She hoped.

The disguised half fiend stands and reaches to take Wes by the arm, pointing the gun at his ribs. "No funny business, right?" She says in a rough approximation of the guardwoman's voice. Tori preffered to keep him closer, so they could whisper to one another, and be less likely to be separated. She could more easily shield him, too, if needed.

"No ma'am!"
    Wes says. The quaver in his voice is pretty convincing, and why not? This is far more dangerous than simply staying put would have been! Besides, loaded gun aimed right at him.

When they leave the room, they can see that the door was locked by a barricade bolt welded across the door - very clearly a recent addition. They find themselves in a hallway with other doors. To the right, the hallway turns right. To the left, it dead-ends. In non-compliance with non-existence health and safety regulations, there is no 'EXIT' signage. "We should lock the door behind us." Wes whispers.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

Agent 47 bobs his head

It is the strongest anti-magical field generator we know of: Inside the field, everything is boring, bland, physically accurate, and ... well ... mundane. The Laws of Physics are strictly enforced, mental energy is some few microwatts, and your body had better not require any shenanigans to work properly, or it won't. We use it to counter the excesses our enemies tend to employ.

The pair nods

Sounds good]
    Ok, I'll do my best

It will be as you say. But... um... most of the members are down in Riverside right now... Do I just start over?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-07-26 at 01:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

[Decaying Dan's Diner]

"I'll check."

Toy obligingly promises. She's more than happy to search the refrigerator and freezer for any tasty morsels which might be contained within.

"Ooooo! Guess what I found!"

Toy emerges from the kitchen a second later with two slices of sweet apple pie a la mode! Mmmmm!

"There's ice cream and half of a decadent chocolate mousse cake in there too. I'll fetch them after we've finished with the appetizer so that they stay cold!"

15. - Top - End - #255

"We're sure you'll do well."

Atorre gives them a smile and stands up from the table, collecting their plates to take away.

"Unfortunately likely. See if you can pick up the one lackey you had that was clean. And you might be getting some more help in the next few days, back from Riverside."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-26 at 02:06 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #256

[Decaying Dan's Diner]

"I'll check."

Toy obligingly promises. She's more than happy to search the refrigerator and freezer for any tasty morsels which might be contained within.

"Ooooo! Guess what I found!"

Toy emerges from the kitchen a second later with two slices of sweet apple pie a la mode! Mmmmm!

"There's ice cream and half of a decadent chocolate mousse cake in there too. I'll fetch them after we've finished with the appetizer so that they stay cold!"
    Shantelle grins. Sounds like a plan! Shall we dig in, mon ami?
    She replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

DART Skyside

Jackalope slowly edges his hands away from the belt and grimaces.

"The fact this exists is kind of terrifying... "

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

There is only a limited supply of the hydraulic fluid, and it runs out quite quickly. However, all that means is that the Queen of the Night can no longer move her hand, and since that was chopped off in the first place it doesn't actually matter.

The robot's next action is to jump up and lash out with a foot at Chevin's jaw. It's superhumanly fast, and with more force than humanely possible and the bones and other underlying structure is made from rods of tempered aluminium, so the foot is also quite hard as well.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

[Decaying Dan's Diner]

"Let's!"

Toy wholeheartedly concurs! If a timeskip is in order, she'll omnom her sugary apple pie a la mode, serve and omnomnom her share of the decadent chocolate mousse cake and ice cream, and finally...

"I'm stuffed, but do you have room for dessert? There's one more treat I laid my keen eyes on back there that I think you might enjoy. If you don't want it right now, I'll pack it up and bring it along with us."

Toy is feeling a little tipsy by now. If Shantelle is just as drunk, it'll be "fun" driving all the way to Dan's house.

People, please don't try this IRL.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-26 at 03:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

[Decaying Dan's Diner]

"Let's!"

Toy wholeheartedly concurs! If a timeskip is in order, she'll omnom her sugary apple pie a la mode, serve and omnomnom her share of the decadent chocolate mousse cake and ice cream, and finally...

"I'm stuffed, but do you have room for dessert? There's one more treat I laid my keen eyes on back there that I think you might enjoy. If you don't want it right now, I'll pack it up and bring it along with us."

Toy is feeling a little tipsy by now. If Shantelle is just as drunk, it'll be "fun" driving all the way to Dan's house.

People, please don't try this IRL.
    Shantelle is in fact as drunk!
    Sure! I see no reason not to enjoy myself some more, and there certainly isn't anything that'll stop me from doing so currently!
    She replies with a smile.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

[Decaying Dan's Diner]

"Just gimme a minute to retrieve it..."

Toy mischievously smiles as she hops off of her barstool and slips into the kitchen (and thereupon into something a little more comfortable). Toy will return in several minutes with her hoodie wrapped around her waist, a tray of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, a box of chocolate eclairs, two glasses of milk, a box of fresh, ripe strawberries, chocolate sauce, a tub of frosting, a jar of caramel, four tubs of ice cream, and a shaker of sprinkles. She is carrying all of it into the room at the same time. It's an amazing balancing act to behold! The tower teeters off in one direction and Toy does the same. How she is managing to pull this off is not the question that Shantelle should ask. The question she should ask is how long can Toy maintain it.

"Help!"

Toy squeaks!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-26 at 04:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

Agent 47 shrugs

It is frequently necessary, given we live in a place where there are people who can kill you just by frowning sternly.

Yay! Kal and Aja get up and head off to the paces indicated.

The man sighs - what choice does he really have?

I'll do my best.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-07-26 at 08:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

DART Skyside

Jackalope makes a cute little face and wiggles his hips, leaning over to put his hands on his knees.

"Ah, come on...who could ever kill me?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Pixie in the Playground

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

Agent 47 shakes his head

They never take offense at you after you take their cars?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

DART Skyside

Jackalope shrugs and laughs.

"They usually just take my underpants in exchange."

(Recaiden) He lives!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

Agent 47 blinks and shakes his head, for all the good it does

Anyway, you should probably leave the Mundane generator here. Let's get back to the tailor - he should be done by now.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

DART Skyside

Jackalope shrugs and exchanges the belt for a normal one if he can.

"Alright, you know more about this than I do!"

(Recaiden) He lives!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

Back they go, to the grinning tailor who is looking forward to his third opportunity to ... fit clothing onto Jack, yes... that's it...

All set! Get out of those pants so I can burn them, and put your suit on. I've got your proper pattern in the machine now, and we'll send one week's worth to your address on file. Anytime you need more just let me know, and if it ever stops fitting perfectly you just come right back here, hear?!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

DART Skyside

"How about it fits perfectly, and I come back anyways to say 'thank you'?" Jackalope flirts, putting one arm on the tailor's chest to use him as a balance while getting dressed.

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

[D.A.R.T. Skyside]

The tailor winks

Oooh! I certainly wouldn't say no that that!

Agent 47 looks vaguely jealous

Ok, let's get you introduced up front. Now keep in mind: Kyle and company on the other side of the cypher-lock door do NOT know about DART. They are employees of Derrek Avery's Rental Tools, and that really is their job. They're not acting: they rent tools.