The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default In response to the closing of the Wish Twist thread..

I thought the thread had every reason to be on this part of the forums.

1) It was specifically DnD orientated.
    2) It dealt with a specific problem that often arises in many games.
    3) It offered clever and unique solutions to this/those problems. (there are many different wishes that a new DM could be presented with)
    4) I, personally, would never have found the thread if it had been moved immediately to 'silly thread games' because I don't go there when I come here to learn about DnD. After all, that forum is just a bunch of silly games, and this is the forum that deals with DnD orientated material (see points 1 thru 3).

and 5) Umm... it was actually a really fun and interesting thread to read??

Just my two cents. Don't mean to step on any toes, hope its allowed to offer a civilized response to moderator decisions tho...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: In response to the closing of the Wish Twist thread..

Amen Sir Amen.
    Initiate Cleric of Skaroq

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    The most powerful monster in DnD? The DM of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilius View Post
    5216. The Gray Guard PrC, despite being a righteous knight who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, does NOT mean you are Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Samma View Post
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not really, it was hardly a serious discussion of these 'problems' and their solutions, it was a game. That's all. Just because it's related to D+D doesn't mean much.
    My Webcomic:

Now in color!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham:

1. There are lots of D&D oriented threads all over this site. Some of them belong here, some in Homebrew, and some in some other forum or subforum.

2. So do many of the threads I mentioned in #1.

So do many of the threads I mentioned in #1. (And, as an aside, the thread was mostly short game-like responses rather than real discussion or solution-oriented posts.)

4. & 5 =

Yes, it was fun and interesting to read. In fact, it was probably even more fun to be a part of. That's what we do over in Silly Message Board Games. It's a bit incongruous for you to belittle it as "just a bunch of silly games" while simultaneously praising the activity and asking to be able to do it here.

The fact is, in that format, it was a silly message board game. If you want to do that, go over there and join the fun. (It won't hurt, I promise. I've been playing there since I joined and no one has questioned my intellect or gamer-cred - at least not because of my participation over there. ) If you want to have a serious discussion about how people adjudicate wishes, just create it here as a discussion in that manner.

For future reference, the proper response to a moderator ruling that you disagree with is to send them a private message or send a message to the board guru WampaX or, I suppose, to The Giant himself. Disagreeing with the moderator's decision or calling the moderator out publicly (even in a polite manner) is not a good idea (see the Rules regarding ignoring or disrespecting a moderator).

Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2007-03-01 at 06:47 PM.
    Forum Rules

Roland in the Dark by Djinn in Tonic