New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Chuck a Warforged Concept At Me [3.5/PF/4e]

Hey guys, title says it all, I want a warforged concept for a new character. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.
    Player: I'm going to make a new character, I suck at bard.
    Me: Your only saying that because you died.
    Player: So?
    Me: Everyone dies when they do stupid stuff between two rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Your companion? The goblin you are using as ammunition.
    Surprise! You've got no legs!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Chuck a Warforged Concept At Me [3.5/PF/4e]

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot Salty View Post
    Hey guys, title says it all, I want a warforged concept for a new character. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.
    Orange paint job, slick visor instead of conventional eyes, arm-cannon - ranger, gunslinger or warlock. Speak very rarely but secretly sound female. Be Samus Aran.

Natural Warforged Druid. Be made out of wood or stone. Be wise and also creepy.

Be the Half-Forged; a Small-sized warforged made from the leftovers of a Warforged Battalion. Use as a source of angst and inadequacy until it turns out you're actually pretty badass.
    Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike

Freelance D20 Design Guy

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

smile Re: Chuck a Warforged Concept At Me [3.5/PF/4e]

Mute, radioactive, blue Warforged, probably monk, fighter, barbarian, any brawler class will do with a lot of ranger classes thrown in. Favored enemies are Abberation, Giant, evil and water Outsiders. You have two Petal brothers jointly, psychically operating you from the inside. You are the Gypsy Danger.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Somewhere else I mentioned a slate-gray warforged paladin with a hand-crossbow side arm. Robocop.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rust red armor, using a high damage/threat range crossbow/longbow. Something akin to a sniper/long range assassin. Refer to organics as "meatbags." Congratulations, you're HK-47.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Warforged Warlock/Monk with Eldritch Claws

Fluff the claws as drills, get a red paintjob with flame decals, sunglasses sundark goggles, and constantly be shouting about fighting spirit. Gurren Lagann. Alternatively, sub in a shield and Perform: Whistle for the shouting and drills, be Protoman.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

1. Go to deviantart, search for "warforged"
    2. Build a story around a picture that inspires you.

http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti...=1&q=warforged

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Warforged Monk. Use a hand crossbow and have a way of multiplying yourself. Mr. Smith.

Warforged Artificer. You're building yourself.

Warforged Swordmage|Warlock. Yield a Radiant Sword. Be a human with mechanical body parts. Always talk with your hand in front of your mouth. Darth Vader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you're going for pure overpowered munchkinism, I think Totemist is the suggested way to go for a Warforged. http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...p?topic=2943.0

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Goofy suggestions:

Spoiler
    Show
    Be a Rogue, and call yourself Optimus Crime.

Be a Jester, and call yourself Optimus Mime.

Be a Bard, and call yourself Optimus Rhyme.

Prestige into Frostrager, and call yourself Optimus Rime.

Prestige into Oozemaster, and call yourself Optimus Slime.

Prestige into Sand Shaper, and call yourself Optimus Grime.

Prestige into Swiftblade, and call yourself Optimus Time.

Prestige into Verdant Lord and call yourself Optimus Thyme.

Prestige into Cloud Anchorite, and call yourself Optimus Climb.

Prestige into Sublime Chord, and call yourself Dave.

Slightly more serious suggestions:

Be a Dragonfire Adept, with the ultimate goal of knocking some sense into the other Warforged, convincing them how badass firebreathing flying reptiles are, and building the Becoming God into a dragon instead of some big human-looking thing.

Or, be a Walker in the Waste, and carry the Mournland with you wherever you go. Rework a couple of the abilities to make the area around you screw with healing magic and do the other nasty stuff the Mournland does instead of just making it really hot outside.
    (I would actually play the heck out of this one.)
    I have been suddenly forced to move to a new home. Expect shaky contributions for the next week or two while I deal with this process. Thank you for your patience!

Why yes, stalwart stranger, I did miss the fact that there was a slightly-too-small character limit on user names before I activated my account.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Cowardly Griffo View Post
    Goofy suggestions:
    Those were funny, but I would totally create and play the "Optimus Crime" character.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Warforged soul knife working into soulbow. Paint yourself red and have a long blonde wig. Congrats on becoming Zero.

Warforged wild shape ranger prestiging into primeval. Pick either glide wing cave triceratops or mega raptor as your form. Pick up the dragonborn template with the breath weapon and congrats on becoming a dinobot
    Check out my Campaign World, Hiltmarch
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...ikis/main-page

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Somewhere, Conan the Barbarian refuses to weep, and instead curses Crom for permitting WotC to botch his class so badly.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

The Terminator: grab as much fast healing etc... as you can, and them start the Schwarzenegger quotes
    Bonus points for some for form of shape-changing
    maybe vigors from DMM persist shenanigans?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Possessed suit of armor, just like in the cheap ghost movies.

(4e) Be a barbarian. Multiclass monk with the feat that grants you the monk's unarmed strike. Take the feat that lets you throw off-hand weapons. You can now throw your fists.
    Spoiler: Obligatory
    Show
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2014-07-21 at 09:33 AM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

15. - Top - End - #15

Kobold

A warforged of any class/build, with a pretty boring sounding name like Albert Jones, wanders around wearing normal clothing and if anyone points out that he's a construct he mocks surprise as if he has only just noticed himself.

A warforged (probably not a bard) that has decided to devote himself to the arts, however being created only 3 years ago means he has no idea how thing such as songs and art work, he tries though, he tries so terribly hard, especially with the jokes.

The other trick I like is 3.5 specific, urban druid from cityscape has an alternate class feature that lets you wildshape into animated objects instead of elementals, did I hear someone say transform and roll out?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

A beatboxing warforged Bard with Words of Creation and other IC boosters, along with Improved Resiliency so you can beatbox all day and night! Name him Roland TR-909.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Take the feat that gives you a bite attack. Name yourself Ohm, adopted son of the noble house N'Ohm.

Your full name is Ohm N'Ohm of House N'Ohm.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

make a holy gun paladin with warforged to make robocop!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

Play a Shapeshifter Druid. You are now a transformer. (You retain the Living Construct type while shapeshifted.) Proceed to play as your favorite Dinobot or Beast Wars character.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

My wife and I played Warforged Monks, themed as Rockem Sockem Robots who would frequently break out into a non-lethal flurry of blows when we argued. I was R.E.D and she was B.L.U.E.

I genuinely loved playing that game and was quite disappointed when it ended.

I also built a warforged fighter and a whole culture behind it that I thought was really cool. The plan was every time a part of his living construct body received damage, he repaired it with construct parts, trying to kill his "humanity" in hopes that one day he could be like the juggernaut brigade. I put a lot of thought into the game plot and the warforged history for the game. Unfortunately, the character wasn't approved because the DM decided that warforged didn't exist in the setting. Que sera, sera. Here's the backstory in spoilers, because it's kind of long...

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Tall and thickly built with heavy adamantine armor, Daruspar 22 is imposing to look at. His eyes are green when he has not acquired a target or is not in combat, red when he is in combat, and yellow when in need of repair. Daruspar 22 has a beak-like jaw, a short neck, broad chest plating and broad, heavy feet.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Daruspar-22 lives for war and exists only to advance the goals and defend the territories of Dar and the Sapphire of the South. He does have a few aspirations, thought. Daruspar-22 wishes to become part of an elite task force of Juggernauts. Therefore, as parts of his living construct components become damaged in battle he replaces them with newer, non-magical, components, rejecting the birthright of his ancient ancestry. The newer components glow with a feint, blue light.

Spoiler: Background Fluff
    Show
    The Pyatharn county, home of the third largest oasis in Dar and the Sapphire Springs, saw an opportunity to rise to prominence within the tattered remains of the kingdoms are Dar when an excavation of an ancient tomb within their territories revealed a factory and storage facility for self-mechanized suits of armor. The logs found within, once interpreted, described the automatons as Warforged. Count Quarion Pyatharn summoned his finest crafters and scientists to the facility to figure out how to make them work. Six months of grueling study and dangerous experimentation, as the Darie usurpers steadily crushed the Daran defenders, resulted in an amazing discovery: although no magic remained to awaken these creations, the sapphire gems that sometimes filtered into the Sapphire Springs could capture enough light radiation to power the machines.

The first to awaken, Blue-1, stopped running shortly after walking into any level of shadow. But further research on energy storage created the first Blue Energy soldiers. Smaller, weaker Warforged used mostly as cannon fodder and reconnaissance. But with time, the technology could be used to power larger, stronger Warforged like the ones used today. Thus the Dar Automaton Forces were formed, with three divisions: Daravel, Darather and Daruspar. The Darather, Shield of Dar were sent to the retreating lines to bottleneck the advancing invaders and give Darran troupes time to heal and resupply. The Daravel, Sword of Dar were sent out as assassins to target key political and military leaders of Darie, while the Daruspar was sent to the front lines to help reinforce the troops already in place. Thanks to the addition of these mechanical wonders that need no food or sleep and exist only to defend the interests of Dar the momentum of the war has changed, restoring hope to the people of Dar at last... and lining the already deep pockets of the Count, who hopes to use this opportunity to rule what is left of Dar AND Darie after this whole mess is over.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot Salty View Post
    Warforged paladin. Body sculpted in the shape of a stylized suit of golden armor, with a wolf-like head. Spells and powers use golden lens flares and/or green fire for visual effects. Summoned horse is also made of golden metal. Adamantine Body feat not required, but highly encouraged - Mithral Body would also work. Be unemotional and distant, yet simultaneously highly protective of your fellow party members. Swing around a greatsword or bastard sword, but do not use a shield. Give yourself a name in another (non-English) language where part or all of the name means either "fang", like the Hebrew name Niv, or "talon", or "wolf".

If anyone recognizes this reference, kudos to you.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Somewhere else I mentioned a slate-gray warforged paladin with a hand-crossbow side arm. Robocop.
    This one requires a red ioun stone and a blue ioun stone.
    Last edited by Beleriphon; 2014-07-24 at 05:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

A warforged factotum named Chatterbox.

Picking up a little bit of every kind of life he hears about, trying to figure out where he fits in as a person.
    Last edited by Physics_Rook; 2014-07-24 at 06:28 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    (4e) Be a barbarian. Multiclass monk with the feat that grants you the monk's unarmed strike. Take the feat that lets you throw off-hand weapons. You can now throw your fists.
    That's awesome! In a post-apocalypse styled D&D game the party fought an iron golem with a "rocket punch" ability not unlike your idea. Yours is a bit more efficient I think.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Play a Shapeshifter Druid. You are now a transformer. (You retain the Living Construct type while shapeshifted.) Proceed to play as your favorite Dinobot or Beast Wars character.
    Good lord!

I HAVE to do this!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, someone actually made Darth Vader and Mr. Smith in 4e (some can say that Mr. Smith is not exactly Mr. Smith, but it's a pun on CharOp's slang for Hammer+Shield user rather than a total reference).

AND THEY'RE THAT F*CKING AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Be a Rogue with a trading/smuggling/fencing stolen goods focus. Work with the DM to allow storage compartments, normally used to hold components, to hold smuggled goods instead.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

I don't know what class or build this would make sense with, but be a butler/servant of one of the other PCs. Your different body parts are utilitys to serve your master. Say you can unfold into a chair with cup holders, and if you have an attack that deals fire damage you can refluff it into a stove that you use to cook on or an ironing iron. This also gives you more puns to work with.
    "Looks like your face is wrinkled, I'll help with that" for example.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

@GorinchSerpant: You could totally take the Kensai class for that. Declare the other PC as your lord, make your arms and legs your chosen weapon, and give them the Morphing and Sizing enchantments. They can now become any weapon. And since literally anything can be an improvised weapon, that includes things like chair legs, cup holders and so on...
    I have been suddenly forced to move to a new home. Expect shaky contributions for the next week or two while I deal with this process. Thank you for your patience!

Why yes, stalwart stranger, I did miss the fact that there was a slightly-too-small character limit on user names before I activated my account.

30. - Top - End - #30

One of my favorites was an empty warforged husk that ended up possessed by an entire menagerie of animal and magical beast spirits. Class of course was Totemist. He always spoke in first-person plural too (think Ermac from Mortal Kombat.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)