New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law X: I Really Need To Post A Map

Oh, I see! DMing two campaigns and 3rd year of vet school... can't really blame you for not updating for a while, can I? Murphy's Law is a great comic, and it's inspired an idea for one of my own! Take your time, I can wait.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Good to see you've still got this thing in your thoughts, Coffee, if not in your hands at the moment. I was starting to think it'd sunk for good, which be a pity for something so long-running and ambitious. I think I read once that you planned for multiple sequels and prequels, too?

Time management when you've got a lot on your plate can be a difficult thing to juggle, as I'm sure any creative type with obligations can attest to. I write a lot, and finding time to write a chapter a week can be hell between the drawings, the comics, and the ever-pesky "real life" duties. I can't imagine trying to handle two D&D games and a comic alongside vet school is any easier!

Have you considered investing in a time-turner?

(Created by me. I should probably put that on there somewhere.)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello there...

I know I'm a little late and all... considering the last time this comic was updated, but...

since I decided to read it anyway and since I enjoyed it greatly, I thought it was only right to take a moment and write a comment for you.

I had a lot of fun reading!! =D
    The characters are so lovable and I don't think I have a favourite because they all have something that makes them special and which I like about them. Such a great group, I'm almost envious.
    That of course applies to many of the side characters too, not only the protagonists.
    And well.. There's so much to say about the story and the humor and I guess I could ramble for hours about what I liked and such, but to not be an annoyance to you all, I'll just keep it short.

It definitely wasn't a waste of time reading this, even though it's not finished - but that's life. What's ever really finished??

Thanks for spending so much time on this comic of yours. I greatly appreciate it!

Good Luck at your vet school. It might keep you busy but give your best to become a good Vetinari *cough* I mean veterinarian.

*bows respectfully and fades back into the realm of ghosts*
    Avatar by Me, showing Arak, a half-orc bard of questionable qualifications

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Ummm... out of curiosity, what splatbooks are you planning to use? I see that Tome of Battle has already been used, as the assassin we've seen is a Swordsage.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Sooo... don't think we've passed the 45-day mark just yet, I think.

Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Number 98 is missing. Could you please reupload it?

EDIT: Thoroughly enjoyed the comic!
    Last edited by sillymel; 2017-10-22 at 05:40 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

I...I just...wow. This comic is amazing. It's professional quality, the characters are compelling, the plot sucks you in right away, wow. May I suggest getting your own website, maybe on something like Wix or SquareSpace? You don't have to stop updating here, but it would probably make it a bit easier for new readers to find. To be honest, I would never have seen this webcomic had it not been for the piece of fanart you made for Your Tired, Your Poor by Water-Smurf, and decided to see more (by the way, the image in your signature does not work for people who don't have photobucket). I'm glad that I did, as you have a truly amazing webbcomic. Just curious, is Tiasal likely to get much more screen time? I want to know before I get my hopes up. Also, the way Matt explained his problem with the guild sounds A LOT like Haley's problems with the Grey Sky City Thieves Guild. Are things actually going to go like that, or will it be different?

Anyway, great webcomic and good luck with Vet School!
    EDIT: I just reread some things and realized that the fanart that directed me here, you made for one of Water-Smurf's Stories which was written as a happy birthday to you using characters from your comic, one of which (Tiasal) originally came from one of Water-Smurf's stories. Ouch, my head.
    EDIT2: Is comic #42 referencing Xykon? I thought this was AU?
    EDIT3: It's a pity Lloyd couldn't have cut off, like, a finger or something from each of the dark elves in strips 95-98 so he could have most of them resurrected by now (Resurrection is 10^4 gp, Lloyd is presumably 9th level so he could have 3 of the 7 resurrected by now. This decreases to 2 if he is at the bottom of the level range wanted for the party's wizard, and rises to almost 5 of them if he is at the top). Hmm... I wonder if the other dark elf made this preparation?
    Last edited by SpaceCommander; 2018-01-30 at 07:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

It is literally impossible to view any of the Photobucket-hosted strips in their entirety; either the bottom two thirds of the image are covered with ads, or you have adblock and photobucket won't let you view anything.

Why did you switch away from Imgur?

EDIT: ...for one episode. I guess it doesn't matter...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2018-02-06 at 10:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe she switched to imgur later. Could you tell me what strip is photobucket?
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    I believe she switched to imgur later. Could you tell me what strip is photobucket?

Also 105, 120, and 144.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #281

Speaking of which, when was the last time anyone heard from Coffee?
    Everything dissolves into blue.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

I have regular contact with her. She is currently very busy with stuff going on with vet school. Currently it takes up most of her free time studying as she is getting pretty close to graduating.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2018-02-08 at 12:32 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

13. - Top - End - #283

She is still developing the world but as Silver said her school comes first. Don't worry she is healthy but she does like hearing people like her comic.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Perhaps she can return to this comic in celebration of graduation, then.
    Here's to hoping for that circumstance!
    By Shoreward.

Spoiler: My RPG title, somehow.
    Show

{]GNU Terry Pratchett.[}

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I have regular contact with her. She is currently very busy with stuff going on with vet school. Currently it takes up most of her free time studying as she is getting pretty close to graduating.
    Well, that is good news, at least.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, it's been, what, a year since something last happened here? That's way outside the range for a Raise Dead. Alright, here goes...

RESURRECTION‼

That's better.

So, I noticed that all of the comics posted on imgur no longer connect to the comic. When you click the link, you get the following text on a black background:

The image "URL" cannot be displayed because it contains errors.
    NOTE: The "URL" is replaced with the specific URL of the given page.

I'm not sure if the problem is on Imgur's end or my own, but for reference, I'm running a slightly-old version of Firefox. I have found a workaround, in that if you highlight the url, and then click enter, essentially resubmitting it (NOT reloading the page), it will take you to the comic. After doing this, if you close the tab with the comic, and attempt to re-open it, it will work normally, however this procedure must be followed each time you open the page. To do this quickly on a windows computer, you can hit F6 followed by Enter. The Photobucket ones work normally, although it can be difficult to get them to actually display the image.

Also, how's Vet School? Are you angling to be a Large Animal Vet, or do household pets?

Good luck with the upcoming semester!

(1808PT 01/16/2019)
    MINOR EDIT: (0517PT 01/19/2019)
    Last edited by HackneyedTrope; 2019-01-19 at 06:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287

I think Coffee has good news about one of your questions. I will let her tell you though.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, Imgur doesn't embed images here anymore. That's probably what happened to my avatar too and a bunch of demotivators.

By the way, how does Tinder work "rules-wise"? If he's CR 9, does that mean he's a Juvenile Green Dragon with the elite array? I know that the alternate form is a house-rule - he doesn't qualify for the Alternate Form feat from Dragons of Eberron anyways - and I'm guessing his ECL is being treated as a 9th-level PC, same as his CR, but I'm not sure. Also, does the "imperfect shapeshifting" mean his alternate form has better stats than an average human? Similarly to the Half-Dragon Form feat(also from Dragons of Eberron) and maybe his elite array stats on top of that?

Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    I think Coffee has good news about one of your questions. I will let her tell you though.
    Yeah, I'm sure she'll be please to make that announcement herself.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

Good news? Ooh, I can't wait!
    Also, as a quick addendum to the previous post, I forgot to mention that the current comic does not load at all. Either it needs to be fixed, or added to the archive.
    Oh, also, happy new year everyone

[1413PT 01/17/2019]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

colour me surprised when i saw this thread of all things up and active again. Hi everyone! long time no see!

for the image hosting / avatar thing, idk if it'd work for the comics, but i was able to get my Avatar up again by using Tinypic. been working out so far at least.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    colour me surprised when i saw this thread of all things up and active again. Hi everyone! long time no see!

for the image hosting / avatar thing, idk if it'd work for the comics, but i was able to get my Avatar up again by using Tinypic. been working out so far at least.
    I know, right? Wait a sec, I can't say that, I was the one who revived it. Ah, well.

For the issue of image hosting, while it's a bit cumbersome, you (er, I mean Coffee, but second person is easier to speak in than third) might be able to do is set up a free wordpress website, host the images on there, load the comics there, and then insert the images here, under spoilers. I THINK you can save files on a wordpress site, but I've never done it myself, so I'm not sure.

Also, I noticed that the wealth of fanart and fanfics that were posted on the first post of each of the prior threads has not appeared for this one. What happened?

[1535PT 01/17/2019]

Edited [1541PT 01/17/2019]
    Edited [1543PT 01/17/2019]
    Last edited by HackneyedTrope; 2019-01-17 at 06:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Oh yeah, Imgur doesn't embed images here anymore. That's probably what happened to my avatar too and a bunch of demotivators.

By the way, how does Tinder work "rules-wise"? If he's CR 9, does that mean he's a Juvenile Green Dragon with the elite array? I know that the alternate form is a house-rule - he doesn't qualify for the Alternate Form feat from Dragons of Eberron anyways - and I'm guessing his ECL is being treated as a 9th-level PC, same as his CR, but I'm not sure. Also, does the "imperfect shapeshifting" mean his alternate form has better stats than an average human? Similarly to the Half-Dragon Form feat(also from Dragons of Eberron) and maybe his elite array stats on top of that?
    I always figured Tinder was just operating under the old Dragonlance principle of "all dragons can assume a basically humanoid form for story purposes."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Colossus in the Playground

It's those rules.

Sorry guys, but the good news is, I PASSED! I will officially be Dr. CoffeeIncluded in a few months!

25. - Top - End - #295

She lives!

And also, congratulations on achieving Doctorhood!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    It's those rules.

Sorry guys, but the good news is, I PASSED! I will officially be Dr. CoffeeIncluded in a few months!
    The rules I mentioned, or the "as plot demands" rules?

Also, congrats on passing!

Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    The rules I mentioned, or the "as plot demands" rules?

Also, congrats on passing!
    All dragons can assume humanoid form.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin Re: Murphy's Law X: I Really Need To Post A Map

Whoo‼ Go DoctorIncluded! Say, do you have the prescription penmanship down yet?
    [1154PT 02/19/2019]

I am the...
    Spoiler:
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, congratulations on your degree. I enjoyed this comic quite a bit, and would be delighted if you managed to bring it back.
    In the meantime, I'm going to put it on my favorites list, now that I've finally remembered to do so.
    This is a compendium of my uploaded D&D homebrew.
    This is my homepage and general recs list.
    This is something I consider holy scripture, and I recommend you read it - it'd improve your life.

My avatar (a sheriff tomelock lady) has been provided by the patient Linkele. Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Yay‼ The comic is back on the main page. Thanks, DoctorIncluded.
    [2017PT 03/22/2019]

I am the...
    Spoiler:
    Show