New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Problem Loading Forums

This is a problem I just started having tonight, not sure if it's just me or widespread. Any time I load a forum page, I see just the header (the last element that loads is the dark brown nav bar), and from there the tab icon just spins like it's trying to load, but I've let it sit as long as 10 minutes without loading. Hitting the X button to stop the page from attempting to load however causes it to stop trying to load, and the rest of the page instantly appears. It's as if the information is all preloaded but a script or something is getting stuck causing the rest of the page to fail to show up. Since I can work around by hitting the X, it's not a major issue, but it is an annoyance.

I am using Google Chrome (version 35.0.1916.153), with no extensions installed, Windows 7 Home operating system. Not having trouble loading any other web pages (either on different domains, or non-forum pages on this site). If there's any other relevant information I can provide, let me know.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Problem Loading Forums

This is actually an issue with the advertisements not loading. I sometimes see "waiting for projectwonderful.com..." in the bottom, and the issue has stopped for me after re-enabling my adblock.
    Workaround: Press Stop (the X where the reload normally is). On chrome, this will display the webpage since that has already loaded.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-07-20 at 01:13 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Problem Loading Forums

Project Wonderful is currently down. I have temporarily disabled all advertising.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak