New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Red Wizard's Secret Adventure [Temp]

Ok Hatter, as I said in the PM, make two Move Silently rolls.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Red Wizard's Secret Adventure [Temp]

Alright. So, as the others prepare to go to sleep, and Haldavar takes first watch, he prepares to go on with his plan. As soon as he's certain that the last member of his little entourage is asleep, and that his familiar, Blisterwort, had scouted outside... He rises from his position. The old wizard is strong for his wiry and frail-looking frame, along with being surprisingly sneaky. His boots seem to make no sound as he rises and grabs his things quickly. He'll then take a final look towards the others, his face unemotional and stony within his crimson and faded gold hood, before he turns and begins to stride quickly out of the cave, and into the rainy night.

Spoiler: Move Silently Checks:
    Show
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[11]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Haldavar masterfully manages to escape to company of his allies without alerting them to his departure. He walks for a few hours before arriving at Ao'Zet while it is still storming, although the downpour has decreased considerably. The city is not as fortified as Sicares was, but it appears to be just as big and even from here you can see two pillars of flame which seem to mark either a temple of sorts to Mael'Ra or where the warlord is, perhaps both. While he tries to attempt to evade the sentries posted at the entrance, they still notice him and stop him, pointing their spears at him and saying,"Halt traveler, what brings you to Ao'Zet at this time of night?"
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Haldavar masterfully manages to escape to company of his allies without alerting them to his departure. He walks for a few hours before arriving at Ao'Zet while it is still storming, although the downpour has decreased considerably. The city is not as fortified as Sicares was, but it appears to be just as big and even from here you can see two pillars of flame which seem to mark either a temple of sorts to Mael'Ra or where the warlord is, perhaps both. While he tries to attempt to evade the sentries posted at the entrance, they still notice him and stop him, pointing their spears at him and saying,"Halt traveler, what brings you to Ao'Zet at this time of night?"
    The stranger moves forward gingerly, the rainwater dripping off his beard and robes. It's clear by his appearence that he was some sort of sorcerer, but his exact nature was unknown to the pair. This was very good, actually. He needed at least one of these individual's appearances to assimilate. The wizard quickly makes up a lie as he moves slowly closer. He'll speak to them slowly, with charisma dripping in his voice. However, he does have a hand on a small wand, tucked into his right sleeve, hidden from the guardsmen. He speaks! Why, I am this evening's entertainment, my fiend! I am here to meet this warlord, and to show him the wonders of divinity! I am a priest of sorts, and I'm afraid I don't have much time. I mustn't be late to meet him. I've heard tell that this general is quite the impatient individual... Let me pass.

Spoiler: Bluff:
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23]

Natural 20, gods. It looks like Haldavar's getting through.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-21 at 09:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The guards blanch at the thought of impeding an order of their warlord and look at eachother nervously,"Terribly sorry sir, we weren't informed of your coming, go ahead, go ahead. Forcas is by the pillars of Mael'Ra... but of course you knew that." one of the guards stammers as the pair allow you to pass. As you venture through the city towards the pillars you notice that despite it being almost midnight the city is quite vibrant, with friends drinking in pubs and some dancing still occurring around the campfires that appear to be across the entire city, a sign that this was not always a military encampment.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The guards blanch at the thought of impeding an order of their warlord and look at eachother nervously,"Terribly sorry sir, we weren't informed of your coming, go ahead, go ahead. Forcas is by the pillars of Mael'Ra... but of course you knew that." one of the guards stammers as the pair allow you to pass. As you venture through the city towards the pillars you notice that despite it being almost midnight the city is quite vibrant, with friends drinking in pubs and some dancing still occurring around the campfires that appear to be across the entire city, a sign that this was not always a military encampment.
    Haldavar circles past them, chuckling lightly with malice as he moves past the others. That worked better than expected, no need to assume their shape! Change of plans. He moves to an alley close by, hiding from the eye of others to quickly tap himself with a small silver wand. A few seconds later, a charge of 'disguise self' is used, and a beautiful blonde woman, curvaceous and well-endowed walks out of said alley. He eyes are a brilliant blue, and she walks with confidence. She's dressed in the skimpiest of dresses, but somehow manages to appear quite regal. He/She walks through the city now, doing his best to appear as intimidating and in charge as possible. For his plan to work, he needed to get this 'Forcas' alone. Hmm. What would distract Forcas enough to be alone with him? Why, women of course. Haldavar nodded to himself as he thought up a plan, before moving to walk straight to the pillars of Mael'Ra, and to find Forcas and get them together, and alone. The plan was working well, so far.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-21 at 09:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

You continue through the city not stopped as you head towards the pillars of fire, although you do hear some wolf-whistles directed your way, along with some supplications involving bananas. Eventually you reach the pillars of Mael'Ra and are able to have a better look at the eponymous pillars. They are massively tall bronze pillars, upon which are scenes of various battles and slaughters in war, along with the suffering of the weak in the Flaming Abyss. Despite it only being an engraved image, you can truly feel the agony the weak souls are feeling, being kept in eternal torment until they are deemed worthy to become a devil. The pillars are topped by brilliant flames which are almost a quarter of the pillar's height.

In-between the two pillars is a large red tent, whose entrance is guarded by two more guards, however these seem better trained and equipped. They are clad in crimson-red armor and have giant midnight-black greatswords by their sides. As you approach they stop you,"What business do you have here miss?" one of the guards inquires.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm half tempted to make Forcas gay just to mess with you but I've decided to not do so :P

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

You continue through the city not stopped as you head towards the pillars of fire, although you do hear some wolf-whistles directed your way, along with some supplications involving bananas. Eventually you reach the pillars of Mael'Ra and are able to have a better look at the eponymous pillars. They are massively tall bronze pillars, upon which are scenes of various battles and slaughters in war, along with the suffering of the weak in the Flaming Abyss. Despite it only being an engraved image, you can truly feel the agony the weak souls are feeling, being kept in eternal torment until they are deemed worthy to become a devil. The pillars are topped by brilliant flames which are almost a quarter of the pillar's height.

In-between the two pillars is a large red tent, whose entrance is guarded by two more guards, however these seem better trained and equipped. They are clad in crimson-red armor and have giant midnight-black greatswords by their sides. As you approach they stop you,"What business do you have here miss?" one of the guards inquires.

Show
    I'm half tempted to make Forcas gay just to mess with you but I've decided to not do so :P
    Haldavar/Haldalina walks through the city, ignoring whatever comments may be tossed towards him/her. He didn't care to listen to common peasantry when he was an ugly old man, and was hardly going to change that when he was a beautiful young woman. (The thought of Haldava in the disguise of a woman amuses me greatly. ) He gazes upon the quite unpleasant murals with a glowering look. Those paintings on the pillars didn't seem to be very friendly. This Forcas must be quite the barbaric ruler! He moves to the nearest guard and acts as cute or desirable as humanly possible. Well, sir... You see, I'm here for Forcas... I've always had a thing for the strong ones. I'm to meet him! You wouldn't toss me away, wouldcha? I can't imagine how upset Forcas would be without me... Haldavar was used to this disguise trick, and so didn't chuckle or start laughing. This was serious business!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Haldavar/Haldalina walks through the city, ignoring whatever comments may be tossed towards him/her. He didn't care to listen to common peasantry when he was an ugly old man, and was hardly going to change that when he was a beautiful young woman. (The thought of Haldava in the disguise of a woman amuses me greatly. ) He gazes upon the quite unpleasant murals with a glowering look. Those paintings on the pillars didn't seem to be very friendly. This Forcas must be quite the barbaric ruler! He moves to the nearest guard and acts as cute or desirable as humanly possible. Well, sir... You see, I'm here for Forcas... I've always had a thing for the strong ones. I'm to meet him! You wouldn't toss me away, wouldcha? I can't imagine how upset Forcas would be without me... Haldavar was used to this disguise trick, and so didn't chuckle or start laughing. This was serious business!
    The guards stand without given her more than a slight look,"Whatever your preferences may be miss, nobody meets Forcas without his say so and right now he doesn't say so."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The guards stand without given her more than a slight look,"Whatever your preferences may be miss, nobody meets Forcas without his say so and right now he doesn't say so."
    Haldava groans, clearly a tad upset. He pouts his lips a tad before speaking again to the guardsman. At least now, Haldavar had an idea of what would be allowed into this camp. He needed to look like one of those men there, or perhaps sneak in. The woman attempts one final try at the guards. "But, please, sirs! I need to meet him... It's very important to he and I! Is... is there anything I can do to have you let me in? It's important to me... I want to be a priestess one day, after all... And I think he'll help me in the long run. Please?" He smiles brightly.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The guards stand resolute, and you can detect a twinge of annoyance,"Move along miss."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The guards stand resolute, and you can detect a twinge of annoyance,"Move along miss."
    He sighs and moves along away, attempting to find a small place to hide and watch the guards for a tad. Once he finds a place to be silent and undetected, he'll assume the guise of one of those crimson-armored guards. That's two charges gone. He'll then wait for the two guards currently there to inevitably leave and change watch. The moment they do so, Haldavar will try to simply walk right into the area where Forcas stands.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

After some time in the night the guards doze off, secure in the thought that the sentries at the front were doing their job, although the irony in their assumption would be lost on them as they slumber through the night.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

After some time in the night the guards doze off, secure in the thought that the sentries at the front were doing their job, although the irony in their assumption would be lost on them as they slumber through the night.
    The red wizard will smirk internally before walking right past the heavy security. There were a few hang-ups, so far, but so far things were going reasonably well, right? He'll move past them and attempt to find Forcas's bedroom. Surely the warlord was asleep, and not expecting a visitor at this time! So, he'll make his way through the area, moving quietly.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-22 at 03:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

As Haldavar opens the flap of the tent, he notices a light is still on in the tent and can see a metal sigil of a greatsword in flames with a man in heavy red plate kneeling before it, greatsword in both hands as if offering it to the marker, seemingly in prayer. You hear him mutter,"Lord Tyrant of the Flaming Depths, I ask for you to guide my blade as I smite my enemies who seek to dispute the rule of the strong. Bless my blade so that it might spill the blood of a thousand men who seek to protect the weak from the strong." As he says this you can see a pitch-black light envelope the sword.

"So are you going to stand there or shall you introduce yourself," the man says to you.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

As Haldavar opens the flap of the tent, he notices a light is still on in the tent and can see a metal sigil of a greatsword in flames with a man in heavy red plate kneeling before it, greatsword in both hands as if offering it to the marker, seemingly in prayer. You hear him mutter,"Lord Tyrant of the Flaming Depths, I ask for you to guide my blade as I smite my enemies who seek to dispute the rule of the strong. Bless my blade so that it might spill the blood of a thousand men who seek to protect the weak from the strong." As he says this you can see a pitch-black light envelope the sword.

"So are you going to stand there or shall you introduce yourself," the man says to you.
    The Wizard will have spied upon the man in the tent for a few seconds, before augmenting himself with a quick spell of Mage Armor. He needed it in case things turned ugly, which hopefully they wouldn't. After that, he'll prepare his signature spell, a Maximised Fireball. He'll close his fist around the small seed of fire in his hand before finally walking into the tent, quickly turning his gaze to the powerful man before him. He knew better then to make light work of this. Forcas was clearly a man of great power, and that greatsword looked incredibly painful. The man in red will move forward to Forcas, quickly speaking. Sir! There's a problem. A brawl outside, we're... not sure how to handle it. We need your assistance. He'll rush towards Forcas, using his panic as an excuse to be so close. From there, he'll try a fairly strange move. He'll attempt to jump upon the kneeling man's back and smack his hand into Forcas's mouth. It's not even a touch attack, really, for he'll already be quite close. The moment his hand touches the warlord's lips, the small fireball seed will be ejected from the red wizard's hand, and straight down Forcas's throat. It's not a pretty move, but it should work.

From there, the incredibly damage ought to melt the warlord internally. It took a powerful man to survive a fireball on the outside, but no one could survive a fireball internally.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

As Haldavar attempts to jump on Forcas' back, he sees the man dodge his attack rolling from one side. Forcas now stares at Haldavar, greatsword pointed at his neck,"Now I'll ask again, do you have any business here mage?" and as he says this you can see he has a curious pair of glasses on face, and you get the sense that your diguise is not fooling him.

Show
    I rolled for a dodge attempt as he heard you rushing towards him, its legit.
    Anyway roll for Init
    (1d20+2)[15]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Haldavar chuckles darkly at the warlord before him. The fireball seed wasn't used, for Haldavar's hand hadn't found it's target. This does, however, mean the spell is still ready for the inevitable combat to come. The mage hadn't been able to get around Forcas, and so now stands across from him, smiling from beneath his hood. You want to know why I came here? To this stinking ****pile of a city? For you! He laughs a tad and assumes a battle position, ready to unleash his magic.

Spoiler: Initiative:
    Show
    (1d20+2)[20]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    your move first, this actually makes my combat summaries much easier anyway so yay :D

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    your move first, this actually makes my combat summaries much easier anyway so yay :D
    Haldavar rushes backwards as far as he can this turn, so about thirty feet depending on how large the tent is. As he moves backwards, he releases his palm, exposing a small red and yellow orb, circling in his grasp. The small seed of fire is expelled forward, right towards Forcas, and as soon as the seed reaches an appropriate distance, it explodes. The Red Wizard eagerly awaits what is to occur next.

Spoiler: Damage Dealt:
    Show
    36 Points, due to Maximize Spell.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Ok just to be clear you just cast a Fireball right? So Reflex does half etc? Sorry I'm just trying to figure out how much damage it's doing and what to roll. Also very ballsy, casting a fireball at the priest of the God of fire :P
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-22 at 05:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Ok just to be clear you just cast a Fireball right? So Reflex does half etc? Sorry I'm just trying to figure out how much damage it's doing and what to roll. Also very ballsy, casting a fireball at the priest of the God of fire :P
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Ayup. DC:17 is half. And, Haldavar is a wizard specializing in fire, so.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Forcas takes the full brunt of the blast, and despite appearing to be injured, he still remains standing. Before you can act again, he moves towards you and lays one of his hands on you, the hand glowing with unholy energy as he touches you.

Show
    casting Harm, touch attack 24 (I'm pretty sure that hits). 20DC to take half (which would be 55dmg...), either way I'm fairly certain you drop to 1hp and pass out.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Forcas takes the full brunt of the blast, and despite appearing to be injured, he still remains standing. Before you can act again, he moves towards you and lays one of his hands on you, the hand glowing with unholy energy as he touches you.

Show
    casting Harm, touch attack 24 (I'm pretty sure that hits). 20DC to take half (which would be 55dmg...), either way I'm fairly certain you drop to 1hp and pass out.
    Show
    Yeah, he's at 1. That was anticlimactic.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Yeah I'm so sorry man, I did not expect it to end so quickly. I mean he is level 11 so I didn't expect you to win... on the bright side you made him drop from 99hp to 78... so it will be easier for the party to kill him

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

As Haldavar begins to pass out he hears Forcas say,"You attack the right hand of Mael'Ra with a fireball? You may been many things my friend, but I'll admit you have balls. Men wake your lazy asses up and tie and gag this man!" and as you hear the flap open and you begin to be carried elsewhere you pass out.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Yeah I'm so sorry man, I did not expect it to end so quickly. I mean he is level 11 so I didn't expect you to win... on the bright side you made him drop from 99hp to 78... so it will be easier for the party to kill him
    As Haldavar begins to pass out he hears Forcas say,"You attack the right hand of Mael'Ra with a fireball? You may been many things my friend, but I'll admit you have balls. Men wake your lazy asses up and tie and gag this man!" and as you hear the flap open and you begin to be carried elsewhere you pass out.
    Show
    Really, his big chance was with the fireball thing. That should have worked, but oh well.

Haldava will pass out then, and wait till he comes to.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    I hope it doesn't seem to unfair, I had intended for the warlord to be a challenge for the wholw group to face plus I foreshadowed that he was powerful but if you feel it was unfair just tell me and I'll work better to make sure in the future nothing seems unfair

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    I hope it doesn't seem to unfair, I had intended for the warlord to be a challenge for the wholw group to face plus I foreshadowed that he was powerful but if you feel it was unfair just tell me and I'll work better to make sure in the future nothing seems unfair
    It's fine. If I killed the big boss, I suppose it'd be sort of lame for the others.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Haldavar awakes up with someone splashing water over his face. With a shock, he realizes that he is tightly bound at the waist and hands to some pole of some sort. However he cannot see anything, as his "host" has deigned to place a rucksack over his head, preventing him from viewing anything beyond the sack and his face.

He hears a voice which he recognizes as Forcas say,"Now my friend, you're gonna sing like a canary and tell me who you're working for and if you're alone, Otherwise things will get unpleasant real quickly. Savvy? Now speak!"