New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default 3.5: Shinomen Naga as player characters?

I have a friend who's fixated on the idea of the Shinomen Naga from Oriental Adventures as a player character race; the idea of constricting and grappling as a snake appeals to him quite a bit. Anyone know if they made actual Racial Traits for this species with the necessary modifiers? I'd think there would be quite a bit considering it has a 20' tail behind them that would effect various stats along with the fact that females can grow legs at will...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5: Shinomen Naga as player characters?

The actual stats are in Oriental Adventures. They may not be written in "PC format", but that's pretty simple to figure out. If you're not experienced doing that, I recommend reading my Monster Handbook, link in sig. Do make sure to implement any necessary corrections to bring them forward to 3.5, some of which should be included in the issue of Dragon Magazine that contains OA's 3.5 update (the number for which I don't remember, but someone will likely be along soon to say it).
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    The actual stats are in Oriental Adventures. They may not be written in "PC format", but that's pretty simple to figure out. If you're not experienced doing that, I recommend reading my Monster Handbook, link in sig. Do make sure to implement any necessary corrections to bring them forward to 3.5, some of which should be included in the issue of Dragon Magazine that contains OA's 3.5 update (the number for which I don't remember, but someone will likely be along soon to say it).
    Dragon issue 318.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

They are quite good, even with the nerfs from Dragon 318. Get Mindsight and a wand of Venomfire.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Rokugan d20 has them as playable races with specific racial traits and abilities for the various bloodlines. If he's interested in the fluff, try digging up a copy of "Way of the Naga".

You might also consider allowing him these Pathfinder feats.