New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Dark Souls III: Witty Title Pending

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    According to a Namco's tweet it will be available for PS3 and X-box 360, which on one hand is cool since I don't own next gen console, but on the other hand if it isa re-release it is possible you would have to buy the whole thing again, which is annoying to say the least.
    There's going to be a rerelease, but apparently the balance changes, new item descriptions, new NPC, and possibly the new enemy placements will be a free update.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    There's going to be a rerelease, but apparently the balance changes, new item descriptions, new NPC, and possibly the new enemy placements will be a free update.
    Awesome.

Also: I just beat the grave-robbers. Actually kinda enjoyed it, even if it was basically "Oh, Gank squad ahead. Better put on my jogging shoes."
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Onto the next crown, which gives regenerating spell slots... which means I can SLB continuously.
    I thought the same thing at first but the crown is so ugly I ended up using my favourite fashionsouls headgear instead (Lion Warrior headpiece).
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

So.... like a hollow this threads comes back!

I got a new controller for my ps3 which means I can play DkS once more, and I find myself in need for suggestions for a build focus, I don't really know what to play right now so I thought the thread would have some ideas.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

I'm trying Ice Rapier, personally.
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I thought the same thing at first but the crown is so ugly I ended up using my favourite fashionsouls headgear instead (Lion Warrior headpiece).
    Oh god it's bad. Not to mention how ugly my character looks like. He looks like a jew (like, literally my third stepfather) with dreadlocks. I miss my hood.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have any DLC yet... I'm poor
    Just call me Dusk

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

I've been toying with doing a pure pyromancy build. There's enough variety in the different pyromanices that it should be quite fun, and most of them aren't quite as easy to use as sorcery.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't actually played Dark Souls 2 in months... I got stuck on the Fume Knight pretty badly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #279

Flumph

I'm still back in time playing Demon's Souls.

Restarted offline because world tendencies were screwy whilst online and didn't change if I started the same profile offline.

Pondering whether to try for a platinum trophy on it, with ability to control WT properly it won't be too bad to get most of them, just a bit grindy to get things like pure bladestone.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

I've actually bounced back to playing DS I.

Man the combat feels so much different. I feel like I actually have weight to my character now.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

I decided to bite the bullet and get the DLC and went down to Shulva in my 110 SL quality build, it was a rough start but once I decided to switch my Red rust sword for my Draengly sword things went a lot smoother, at least until I found freaking Thomas... I went in low health because I couldn't find the stupid bodies of the guards in the spiky area and boom... great chaos fireball to the face. It doesn't help I didn't get to the Sanctum's bonfire so now I have to run all the way down to it At least I got flynn's ring.
    Just call me Dusk

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

My Thomas solution:

High AR big mace

Make it lightning

Sunlight Blade

Smash him until he doesn't get up.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

I have like 5 faith and no soul vessels right now, might try to use my Large club though.
    Just call me Dusk

14. - Top - End - #284

Flumph

So I got a PS4 today to get my body ready for Bloodborne, and picked up Lords of the Fallen. It seems to be a fine way for soulsbros to spend a few months before the beasts are upon us. Based on suggestions from the internet I've started with heavy armour, and Harkyn fatrolls like a champ and stamina management is critical to combat.

It's pretty nice graphically as well, a good omen for Bloodborne. The graphical style might not be for everyone (warrior armour has pauldrons for days) but there is at least a strong aesthetic in play.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Lucky you, here I am saving up for a PS4 and Bloodborne... at the pace I'm going I might get it by May.
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2014-12-30 at 07:22 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm hoping they release some kind of PS4 + Bloodborne bundle, since it's literally the only game that I know of on the system that I want. I doubt it'll happen, but I can dream.

It's funny actually. On the PSP there's only one game I really want (Dissidia 2), and on the Wii U there's like, two I want (Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors).

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

I have my PS4 and a few good games for it. I got Destiny from a deal, Shadows of Mordor for Christmas, and Kingdom Hearts 3 coming in. I've also been messing around in Warframe, which is free.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh man I totally forgot about KH3...

19. - Top - End - #289

Flumph

I wouldn't expect KH3 any time soon, given that absolutely nothing about it has been shown yet, and all we know about it really is "using Unreal Engine 4, might have Star Wars/Marvel worlds".

My PS4 came with a reversible poster of Order 1886 and Bloodborne, so wouldn't rule out a pack in version, Sony are apparently of the opinion that they screwed up with Demons Souls by not putting enough faith in it.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

I suspect less of a screw up than the other Squenix games lately. At least they aren't throwing in on a whole new engine of their own this time.

21. - Top - End - #291

Flumph

I'm hoping for less of a screwup, all they have to do is not break the thing that isn't broken.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

I'm hoping for less of a screwup, all they have to do is not break the thing that isn't broken.
    *recalls final fantasy*
    >.>
    <.<
    So... what's another good series I should check out?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-01-03 at 11:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

My Thomas solution:

High AR big mace

Make it lightning

Sunlight Blade

Smash him until he doesn't get up.
    Any weapon with good poise damage will work on him. I just stunlocked him with my zweihander to death, and I didn't even have any buffs at that point because I ran out.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

Flumph

In other news, I am finally starting to learn my way around Stonefang Tunnel part 2.

This means I can get on with dying to Flamelurker.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Oh god. That's that one boss for me. One screw up in the fight totally screws me for the rest of it. And falling down that area is an easy way to die if yo uscrew up...

26. - Top - End - #296

Flumph

I really quite like that Soulslike is becoming a genre now.

Upcoming 2D Souls
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2015-01-07 at 03:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, saw and I'm so on it.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

The patch for the Scholar Of The First Sin is out.

Notable changes include:
    • New NPC, found in multiple locations. (Check the Primal Bonfire in Black Gulch if you're already in the post game.)
    • New optional final boss. Yes, that's right, you can potentially be doing three boss fights in a row now.
    • Alternate ending.
    • Easier farming for Twinkling Titanites and Petrified Dragon Bones via Covenants.
    • New ring that allows you to fix your Soul Memory.
    • Indicator in the Warp menu of the three most populated areas online.
    • NG and NG+ no longer separated for online.
    • Load time shortened on the PS3.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Nice. I might have to dust off my PS3 to spent more time on the game. I still have to finish the snow DLC.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I really quite like that Soulslike is becoming a genre now.
    Isn't it a subset of the RPG Genre?

Complete Souls Newbie, spurned on by the Best Friends Zaibatsu, Snowbluff, and a Steam Sale to dive into Dark Souls II.

Though I super screwed up... I learned about Depopulation and I started depopulating zones; now the people who invade me seem like they've already beaten the game! Or at least they're certainly using weapons I don't think I've even found yet. I'm definitely not fighting NG players at this rate, that's for sure.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...