New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Souls III: Witty Title Pending

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Three year old kills an invader with a havelmonster; hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCmIqwL4XnI
    That girl's gonna be big some day. She won't need Havel's to be OP.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

*after turning my PS3 on again after a while and playing DS II, equips the Mehlu Scimitar to see what the hypes about*

Funny, because the gif makes SO much more sense now. Like, it did before, but especially now.

My question though is that doesn't that one spear with the rock around it have a similar party and better range/move set? Since you're going to be two handing the Mehlu anyways, why not use the spear?

(Hint: I totally didn't forget that I don't use shields.)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

So after getting a little burnt out of Dks II and somewhat inspired by A German Spy's Rusty Adventure, I decided to dust off Demon Souls which I never finished , so if anyone wants to do some jolly cooperation (or set up duels) in Boletaria just say so. Though I just started the character an hour ago so take that into account.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Would love it if the upcoming DLC released a Hex AoE debuff which prevented all healing, including from non-estus sources, and the caster's own for a long duration (90 second base duration); basically Profound Still for healing. Sorely needed.

Also a short duration buff (30 seconds or so base duration) that dispelled all other buffs in its AoE, including from items/resins, and prevented further buffing for its duration would be sweet.

Been trying out a glass cannon bow build using the Lightning Clutch Ring + Flynn (yes I know Flynn's doesn't work on bows; it does work with all the other stuff I'm packing though) + Ring of Blades with Bow of Want; works surprisingly well; bow usually hits for 400-600 damage, and 50-150 damage through shields:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RZTZBZ1E#gid=0

Love dropping a Blinding Bolt, then following up with lightning arrows as the other player frantically rolls away; when you get the timing down on the arrow releases, this is almost guaranteed damage. Lightning Foot Soldier Sword and Old Whip (swap Raw variants in vs other Faith characters or GMB) make for powerful and quick finishers.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

so, the mirror knight fight is really cool, even if 90% of the mechanics in it are the same as every other boss thats just a big dude. the atmosphere in it is really nice, the unique lightning animations are cool, the damage reflection was sorta neat, even if it never really came up in my fight, and most of all the summoning of an NPC/player was sweet. in my fight i only got an npc that died very quickly, but i did some sunbroing and encountered some real players there and man do they change the fight dynamic.

after that i looked up how to get summoned by him and went and got me a red soapstone and did a few mirror squire bouts, and the fights could be evenly divided between "host and 2 Havel's with red rust twinblades" and "person who was not expecting to fight an invader"

i then when to the undead crypt, had little trouble going through there untl the boss fight, that guy hits like a truck, but i beat him with some help, got the kings key and tried to fight the king thats wandering around aimlessly, as you might have guessed, this did not go well, and in my stubbornness i tried to fight him many many times, i grew frustrated and rather than move on, i decided to try a new build, started up a new character to see how sorceries are in this game, looked up some builds and decided i want to power stancing Blue Flames, i'm actually pretty close to catching up to my other character now, soon i'll actually be able to get my hands on those swords, should be fun!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    after that i looked up how to get summoned by him and went and got me a red soapstone and did a few mirror squire bouts, and the fights could be evenly divided between "host and 2 Havel's with red rust twinblades" and "person who was not expecting to fight an invader"
    I want to do this, but I want to screw around and throw Prism Stones everywhere and dance with the Channeler's Trident vs. actually being a hindrance.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

so, the mirror knight fight is really cool, even if 90% of the mechanics in it are the same as every other boss thats just a big dude. the atmosphere in it is really nice, the unique lightning animations are cool, the damage reflection was sorta neat, even if it never really came up in my fight, and most of all the summoning of an NPC/player was sweet. in my fight i only got an npc that died very quickly, but i did some sunbroing and encountered some real players there and man do they change the fight dynamic.
    I thought the fact that the lightning didn't follow the audio settings you had. So the lightning was always at full volume even if everything else was set to be quiet.

Edit: But I think they fixed it?
    Last edited by riccaru; 2014-08-15 at 06:46 AM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

no idea, i haven't touched the default settings.

so, i finally got to the crypt on my sorceress, started farming the infinitely spawning wraiths and much to my surprise i got 2 blue flames within 5 minutes, got one to +5 magic right away, then went back to the shrine of A-whatever, and killed far too many of those cleric guys, i had to use a bonfire acetic for the first time, but after a couple hours i was able to get another 12 twinkling titanties, went and fought the boss of the crypt, got the kings ring and then bought the last three titanites needed from the stone trader lady, so i now have two +5 magic blue flames, and then went back and sunbroed that boss a couple times to get a feel for the new movesets.

i have 50 ATT so i'm carrying around great heavy soul arrow x4, soul spear x2, soul greatsword x1 and great magic weapon x1, so when i'm all buffed up i feel like walking a artillery canon, though due to fashion souls i am also made of glass... so yeah, the epitome of a glass canon here.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

no idea, i haven't touched the default settings.

so, i finally got to the crypt on my sorceress, started farming the infinitely spawning wraiths and much to my surprise i got 2 blue flames within 5 minutes, got one to +5 magic right away, then went back to the shrine of A-whatever, and killed far too many of those cleric guys, i had to use a bonfire acetic for the first time, but after a couple hours i was able to get another 12 twinkling titanties, went and fought the boss of the crypt, got the kings ring and then bought the last three titanites needed from the stone trader lady, so i now have two +5 magic blue flames, and then went back and sunbroed that boss a couple times to get a feel for the new movesets.

i have 50 ATT so i'm carrying around great heavy soul arrow x4, soul spear x2, soul greatsword x1 and great magic weapon x1, so when i'm all buffed up i feel like walking a artillery canon, though due to fashion souls i am also made of glass... so yeah, the epitome of a glass canon here.
    I've found that the Throne Watcher armour set goes really well with that build, fashion souls wise.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

By any chance does anyone has a spare red rust sword/scimitar ? I hadn't noticed Verngarl only sells one of each, I offer a couple petrifried dragon bones in exchange.
    Just call me Dusk

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

I have one. I don't remember what exactly I want besides that fancy spear, and that two handed greatsword wielded by the giants in the Dragon Castle Place (and a Channeler's staff for purely dancing purposes), or a Red Sign Soapstone (which I think is needed for being summoned by the Mirror Knight?), but yeah, I've definitely got one. I'll take a look at my inventory later today and see what I have that requires Petrified Dragon Bones.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think I have anything that you want right now (it is a fairly new character and I don't have a single boss weapon with me since I guzzled all of them for quick/easy leveling since dual-wielding red rust swords was the plan from the very start). By fancy spear do you mean Santier's? Because I have one, un-upgraded tho, and I have a couple petrified something so I can try to see if I can get you a Channeler's spear.
    Just call me Dusk

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I don't think I have anything that you want right now (it is a fairly new character and I don't have a single boss weapon with me since I guzzled all of them for quick/easy leveling since dual-wielding red rust swords was the plan from the very start). By fancy spear do you mean Santier's? Because I have one, un-upgraded tho, and I have a couple petrified something so I can try to see if I can get you a Channeler's spear.
    Yes, Santier's. I'm actually a little embarassed to say so, but I've completely forgotten the way to Pharos' Cave.

I honestly would trade you the sword for the spear, or for the Channeler's Trident or some Dragon Bones, depending on what you want to do.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Well my character is around 1 mill SM if you want to trade, though I can't go on today. Oh and the way to the Door of Pharro's is going through the Shaded woods past the Scorpioness Najika boss room, once there just turn right at the Rusted Primal Knight.
    Just call me Dusk

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Well my character is around 1 mill SM if you want to trade, though I can't go on today. Oh and the way to the Door of Pharro's is going through the Shaded woods past the Scorpioness Najika boss room, once there just turn right at the Rusted Primal Knight.
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh right! I forgot that whole area existed. And I even vaguely remember how to get there. Thank you.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

No problem, though I suggest going as a member of the Rat coventant, that way the monsters won't attack you and you won't be summoned to fight or at the very least in offline mode. Also the spear is inside the room opened with 3 lockstones (though you only need 1, the others are to release the primal knight so he can fight for you if you are a ratbro.
    Just call me Dusk

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

No problem, though I suggest going as a member of the Rat coventant, that way the monsters won't attack you and you won't be summoned to fight or at the very least in offline mode. Also the spear is inside the room opened with 3 lockstones (though you only need 1, the others are to release the primal knight so he can fight for you if you are a ratbro.
    Yeah I remember that last bit.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, because this deserves it's own post and I can't wait to post it.

I am completely unashamed in saying started the snowball effect of an artist known as Artsed/Blaze to produce this series of quick sketches on Elizabeth.

Enjoy.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

New patch/calibrations in preparation for the DLC.

Best part? They removed buff stacking. Most non-weapon buffs now cancel out any others you might have up.

Now if they can just re-fix the banana and do something about soul memory...

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I'm stoked about buff stacking getting destroyed; basically this calibration badly nerfed a bunch of builds that aren't mine (those GMB + Numbness + RF stacking Havelmonsters in particular); always a good thing.

Tokyo Dickdrift is now better than ever!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Is there a list of the changes somewhere?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Offensive miracles were apparently nerfed even further though. Hell, Lighting Spears had gone from super duper maybe too good to barely there in my cleric as is, even LESS damage on something that has three casts is just rubbing it in. If you don't want Faith people using damage spells don't bloody make Faith damage spells, instead of making them and then making them useless!

Back to the Soul Vessel it is. I'm turning this character into a Dex build or something.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

No idea why Faith projectile spells are getting nerfed so hard; before all of these changes they were good in PvE but mediocre in PvP. After the first set they were meh in PvE and horribad in PvP; with the second set, bad in PvE and a total waste of slots in PvP.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Is there a list of the changes somewhere?
    Latest patch is here.

Also, the health damage on lightning spears was not actually nerfed again, instead they hit the poise damage on them.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's dumb. Whiny dex scalers.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. As far as offensive miracles go, I certainly don't mind them being hit wit the nerf bat, as I've said many times. Of course, I can easily see it ending up an overkill. And I do wonder if they're ever going to do something about Dexterity and Strength scaling.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

I do think they've probably hit the lightning spears with the nerf bat a bit too much. Was there something weird going on in the japanese meta we haven't heard about?

The real problem was always hexes, and as far as I'm aware those are under control now. Once they have the Monastery Scimitar and Soul Memory fixed most of the glaring flaws should be dealt with.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Huzzah! Just managed to kill Sinh and obtain the crown. On NG+, no less. Cost me a total of about 15 Human Effigies and 700 lightning arrows/bolts, but the great ugly beast finally fell.
    Now I think I'm ready for the new expansion, although I still have to defeat the trio. I'm not used to PvP, so this battle is nearly impossible for me to solo, and I can't find any summons near the boss door.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I do think they've probably hit the lightning spears with the nerf bat a bit too much. Was there something weird going on in the japanese meta we haven't heard about?

The real problem was always hexes, and as far as I'm aware those are under control now. Once they have the Monastery Scimitar and Soul Memory fixed most of the glaring flaws should be dealt with.
    I have no idea; the nerfs must be motivated by PvE because there was no way lightning spears were _ever_ an issue in PvP.

Also the new DLC stuff that matters to me:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Prophesized return of the Father Mask; still the best looking mask in the game. The Legend never dies.
    • Umbral Dagger for super backstabbu.
    • Ashen Warrior Sword because it has more reach than the Foot Soldier Sword and is just as fast with the same poise damage.
    • Fume Sword for the same reasons as the Ashen Warrior.
    • Fire Snake and Outcry are pretty cool, though the latter has too much start up and requires two slots. Fire Snake could see use on my build though.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

I don't need to click the link to start giggling.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.