New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Terraria in the Playground

Made it to hardmode! I've got adamantite armor, a Phasesaber and Dao of Pow for weaponry, and I'm looking to fight the Destroyer soon. One question: do I need to quarantine the Underground Jungle to be able to fight Plantera later on?
    ithilanor on Steam.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Actually, if you make some preparations you can make secure safe zones from the hardmode biomes without bankrupting yourself. Generally you just dig wide trenches (with a tunnel a decent ways underneath) and spray the area with the clentaminator, and you're golden. If your trench is wide enough and bordered (or filled) with the right materials, the biomes can't spread past it, so your work with the clentaminator won't ever be undone. If you're really determined you can cleanse the entire world this way bit by bit.
    I'm kind of curious where you'd get so much sand when your world has ebonsand or crimsand eating your deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Knight View Post
    A buddy of mine did this in one of his worlds:

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the entire underworld was de-lava'd and tunneled out.
    That's pretty darn impresive. How long did it take him?

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    Made it to hardmode! I've got adamantite armor, a Phasesaber and Dao of Pow for weaponry, and I'm looking to fight the Destroyer soon. One question: do I need to quarantine the Underground Jungle to be able to fight Plantera later on?
    Nope! The Jungle is immune to the spread of both Corruption and Hallowed biomes, so all you need to worry about is getting there and getting back alive.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Nope! The Jungle is immune to the spread of both Corruption and Hallowed biomes, so all you need to worry about is getting there and getting back alive.
    Unless they changed that recently, it isn't - jungle grass will change into corrupted (or crimson) grass, turning the mud blocks into dirt along the way. It won't get hallowed, but the other two biomes can take it over completely.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2014-09-15 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I'm kind of curious where you'd get so much sand when your world has ebonsand or crimsand eating your deserts.
    Sand? Why would I (or anyone else for that matter) need sand for that?
    If you're thinking you need glass or sandstone to stop corruption, then it might be helpful to know that there are a lot of blocks that the biomes can't pass through, all the bricks. I find that mudstone bricks are a very cheap building material for this purpose since dirt and stone are always plentiful.
    Heck, you can even use pearlstone bricks and ebonstone bricks to block the biomes. While the respective blocks spread the biomes, the bricks do not.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-09-15 at 06:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Unless they changed that recently, it isn't - jungle grass will change into corrupted (or crimson) grass, turning the mud blocks into dirt along the way. It won't get hallowed, but the other two biomes can take it over completely.
    Having checked the wiki, I have foudn taht you are indeed correct. Hallow doesn't spread through the Jungle, but Corruption does.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Sand? Why would I (or anyone else for that matter) need sand for that?
    If you're thinking you need glass or sandstone to stop corruption, then it might be helpful to know that there are a lot of blocks that the biomes can't pass through, all the bricks. I find that mudstone bricks are a very cheap building material for this purpose since dirt and stone are always plentiful.
    Heck, you can even use pearlstone bricks and ebonstone bricks to block the biomes. While the respective blocks spread the biomes, the bricks do not.
    Sorry, I must have misread your post. I thought you mentioned something about glass. My bad.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ok, I've done my best to block off the Jungle: Hallow barricades on the surface, five-tile-wide hellevators going from the surface to the Underworld. Hopefully this will keep enough of the jungle around for fighting and farming Plantera later on.
    ithilanor on Steam.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    Ok, I've done my best to block off the Jungle: Hallow barricades on the surface, five-tile-wide hellevators going from the surface to the Underworld. Hopefully this will keep enough of the jungle around for fighting and farming Plantera later on.
    Keep in mind that smashing demon altars will spawn small pockets of corruption/crimson, so the jungle can be taken from the inside - so if you'll be doing more of that, running through the jungle to check its status would be wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Sandgun. With the right gear and equipment(ammo box e.g) you can have infinite amount of sand.

I still find fishing to be overpowered.Basically, if if you collect enough crates in normal mode and only open them upon entering hardmode ,you can gain enough hardmode ores/bars to to make most the gears you needed without mining a single block of ore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan
    Only a truly egotistical narcissist would ever quote himself

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan View Post
    I still find fishing to be overpowered.Basically, if if you collect enough crates in normal mode and only open them upon entering hardmode ,you can gain enough hardmode ores/bars to to make most the gears you needed without mining a single block of ore.
    Alternately powered.

With a proper pickaxe, you can get enough hardmode ores to make all the gear you need without catching a single fish!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Alternately powered.

With a proper pickaxe, you can get enough hardmode ores to make all the gear you need without catching a single fish!
    I think his point is that you can do a pile of fishing, trigger hardmode, then open your collection of crates to get piles of hardmode ore without having to actually venture out into hardmode world in pre-hardmode gear to gather it.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Keep in mind that smashing demon altars will spawn small pockets of corruption/crimson, so the jungle can be taken from the inside - so if you'll be doing more of that, running through the jungle to check its status would be wise.
    Duly noted. I smashed a bunch of altars when I started hardmode, then mined all the hardmode ore I should need.
    ithilanor on Steam.