New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Fey Gestalt, Completely OP Game IC.

Rose looks at Mia, horrified.
    "I would never conjure a flower! They hate that! But of course it's gardening! You just need to give the poor rose a chance to shine!"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #32

"So what, just plant it in the sunlight, and I'm done? Mia asked, rubbing the back of her head in confusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #33

GreenSorcererElf

Rose nods, happy that Mia figured it out.
    "Yes! This is a good spot, there's water, and sun, and nice earth! She'll do well here. But you know that already."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #34

Was kinda just a guess. Mia admits muttering to herself, as she attempts to plant the flower.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #35

GreenSorcererElf

Rose looks very, very happy as Mia plants the flower, first carefully digging a hole in the damp earth, before carefully placing the rose in the hole, and replacing the dirt. Once she finishes, the rose almost seems to sigh, and it blooms.
    "See! She likes you! And she's a lovely rose, happy, and cheerful! You're good at this!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

As a follower of Mielikki, and a devout member of her church with spellcasting abilities, it was only a matter of time before Detritus was sent to aid the growing war between fey and giants. As he traveled to the location where he would meet with the small adventuring party he would be aiding, he glanced next to him where the hawk that only he could see was flying alongside.
    "I wonder if the halfing I was before hated giants like I'm told they do. It's fitting that I'm going up against my common race's enemy." The hawk nods.
    Detritus finds himself in a garden, surrounded in flowers and he finds two fey there. One quite small, and the other slightly larger than him. He adjusts his gaucho hat, making sure the illusion place on it is keeping him looking like a normal halfling. He slows to a stop and takes the pipe out of his mouth to speak, as the mist that leaks from his body starts to gather around him.
    "Planting flowers? I knew I'd be out of place among typical fey, but I didn't realize how much."
    Due to life things, my posting will likely be quite infrequent for the next little bit. Sorry for any inconveniences.

7. - Top - End - #37

GreenSorcererElf

Once more engrossed in her work, Rose doesn't notice the new stranger coming up, and, once more, she's startled by his appearance, although, this time, she darts behind Mia before looking at the newcomer, her head poking out from above Mia's shoulder, smiling cheerfully almost as soon as she sees him.
    "Hi! Do you like them? I thought everyone'd be happier with flowers, so I was planting them, and then Mia came, and she helped too!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #38

He smiles. "Flowers are nice while they're still alive. You look like you're good at keeping them that way." He drifts closer, he doesn't seem to be walking, but the trench coat he wears touches the ground.
    "I am Detritus, The Unbound of Mielikki. It's a pleasure to meet you both. It seems as though we will be working together quite a bit for the next little while."
    Due to life things, my posting will likely be quite infrequent for the next little bit. Sorry for any inconveniences.

9. - Top - End - #39

GreenSorcererElf

Rose rises up a bit, and stands on Mia's shoulder, her butterfly like wings fanned out behind her(And tickling Mia's ear). She is, of course, smiling cheerfully.
    "I'm Rose! It's nice to meet you, Detritus! But why did Mielikki bind you? Was it mean of her?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #40

"Mielikki is the one who unbound me, my grammar is not excellent I'm sorry. I've only learned common recently, I'm far more proficient in sylvan. I was bound by a disease that stole my soul and my sanity. A miracle of her's saved me, so she was quite nice in fact."
    He takes a puff of his pipe and looks down at the bed of roses.
    "So Rose is good at tending roses?"

11. - Top - End - #41

GreenSorcererElf

[Sylvan]
    "Sylvan? That's this one, right? It's a fun language! I just made it up, but everyone agrees with me! It's wonderful! And really fun! It must have been terrible to be sick! Everyone always says that it's sad, but I couldn't ever get sick, so I couldn't find out what it felt like."
    She seems downcast as she says that she couldn't get sick.
    "But it was really nice of her to help you! I don't tend roses, I just help them, and they're much happier with some help! I couldn't just leave them without any help, because that would be mean! But Sivath said that he'd look after my garden for me, so I came here, so I could help everyone be nice! But I'll be happy when I can go back home too. Maybe you could come some time, and say hello? Everyone always likes it!"
    Rose seems quit emotional, and is quite animated as she talks, smiling, gesturing, and generally looking quite excited.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #42

Mia seems a bit nervous when Rose settles on her shoulder, and tickles her ear. Trying to put it out of her mind she extends a hand to Detritus

Hello, Detritus. My name is Mia. She states.

13. - Top - End - #43

GreenSorcererElf

Rose leans over, and whispers in Mia's ear.
    "No, silly, say hello properly!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #44

At the little shoulder devil's fey's urging, Mia instead grabbed Detritus's hand, and pulled him over and up into a awkward hug.

15. - Top - End - #45

GreenSorcererElf

Hopping out of the way, Rose smiles broadly once more.
    "See? Isn't a hug a much nicer way to say hello? It's much more fun! But you should enjoy it, not be stiff!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

Goblin

With amazing speed for her size, Rain flies towards the meeting point and group of other feys she sees there.
    "M-my apologies for being late. I passed a beehive on my way and did some studying. Bees are so smart creatures, you know? I always wanted to test some theories with them and kinda I lost my sense of time." She says very quickly. She looks around and notices Rose, immiediatelly flying towards her and giving her a warm welcome hug.
    Rose! How nice to see you again. You remember me, right? I've visited your garden once. I need to do this again, by the way, that place is really wonderfull.
    She then turns towards the others [rolor="Purple""]"Hello everyone, I'm Rain, nice to meet you!"[/color] She flies to two strangers and gives each a nice hug, for her small size that is.

17. - Top - End - #47

GreenSorcererElf

Rose, distracted by the hugging advice, doesn't notice Rain until she's almost there, and she happily hugs the larger pixie.
    "Rain! You're here! I haven't seen you in forever! It's wonderful! And of course you can come and visit! The flowers love it when other people admire them! They're always so much happier after someone visits, and I get to hear stories! Bees are fun too, and they're really good at finding flowers, but they have honey, and it's amazing! But they don't like to share much."
    You get the sense that Rose really likes honey, as she is almost melancholy when she reveals that bees don't like sharing.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #48

Mia merely thinks to herself.

This group's going to be huggers isn't it. She mused.

19. - Top - End - #49

Detritus accepts his hugs with an awkward stiffness, leaving small wisps of mist on their clothing as they pull away. He was definitely out of place among the... cuter of his fey brethren. Though at least Mia looks vaguely as uncomfortable as himself. He takes a puff of his pipe to regain his composure.
    "So, shall we set off to Elken? It seems as though this is our whole party."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Man on Fire, it's worthy of note that Mia and Detritus are about the same size, both small creatures. So it would be an exceptionally nice hug.

20. - Top - End - #50

GreenSorcererElf

Just as Detritus thought he was done, Rose flies in, and hugs him as well, grinning cheerfully.
    "Ok! We can tell stories as we go!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #51

The foot-tall fairy hugs him and he smiles at first. It is like being hugged by a small halfling child. It makes him... hungry, mostly. He pulls away and ends the hug there, slightly disgusted with himself. He'd hoped the ring of sustenance would help with the cravings more than it does.
    "Sounds good. I bet you have nicer stories than the rest of us, so how about you start Rose?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Goblin

Stories? Colossal grin shows on Rain's face. I love stories!

23. - Top - End - #53

GreenSorcererElf

Rose smiles happily.
    "Ok! But we take turns, so everyone can tell their stories! Can I pick which way to go? We can take the scenic route, and see if there are any new flowers around!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #54

Mia actually stomps her foot.

No we're taking the direct route. This is a war. She states harshly.

25. - Top - End - #55

Detritus' eyes widen at the outburst and he chuckles a little.

"Alright you guys, you heard mom. Direct route, we'll be doing plenty of travelling anyway." He motions for everyone to start moving as he floats towards the town, before pointing at Rose.

"So, story?"

26. - Top - End - #56

GreenSorcererElf

Rose looks sad as Mia refuses to take the scenic route(Although she doesn't even know which way the city is).
    "Aw... but what if we miss a flower? It'll be terrible!"
    As she is rebuffed again, she continues to look sad, but as Detritus requests a story, she cheers up again, fluttering along with the group.
    "Ok!"
    She starts to tell a tale, one with great acts of might, and great acts of courage(Or silliness), a tale that's a grand tale only in her telling. She was tending her garden, fluttering from flower to flower as she does, when she spotted a beehive, just waiting there, with no bees nearby. Now, she loves honey(She goes on for a few minutes about how amazing honey is), so she flies over there, and looks for the bees, meaning to ask them if they mind if she takes some honey. Sadly, there were no bees, so she takes some of the honey(She smiles blissfully as she goes over how yummy it was). After she recovered, she heard it. The buzzing of the bees, and nearby. The hive wasn't abandoned, it had been attacked. Being curious, she followed it, swiftly finding the bees attacking a small bear, almost a cub. Her eyes wide with horror, she tries to persuade the bees to leave the poor cub alone, and they refuse. She keeps trying, and, eventually, the bees relent, flying away, leaving her alone with the bear cub, who seemed to be quite sad. She comforts him, and he eventually tells her his tale, as he had gotten lost, and was really hungry, and he didn't know where his parents were. Feeling sad for him, she helps him, and then tries to find his parents(A mighty quest), but she fails, and, in the end, she returns, and raises the poor cub.
    All in all, the tale takes a couple of hours to tell, and you suspect that if it weren't for Rose's innocent idealism, it would have been a fairly tepid story, but the way Rose tells it just leaves you in suspense, wondering what insane thing she'll be trying next.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Suddenly an important looking fey teleports into this garden and looks slightly disorientated with all the flowers, but quickly regains his bearings. He then says: "Hello, I am Lord Hjyin (I don't care how you pronounce it) I'm sorry about being a bit late the rest of the council was being a bit hectic, but anyway... Where to begin, ah. You have been tasked by the council as our elite strike force. Your job is to do the things that our armies couldn't. Your first mission: Make sure that the city of Elken does not get controlled by the giants. This is a diplomatic mission, so try not to get into fights, unless it is your only option..." With that he leaves with a flourish of his hand.

Do you continue to Elken?

28. - Top - End - #58

GreenSorcererElf

Rose smiles at the newcomer, and speaks as soon as he finishes speaking.
    "Hi Hjyin! I'm Rose! Are you coming too?"
    Alas, before she even finishes, he vanishes once more, and consequently, she looks sad, but she tells her story cheerfully as they move towards Elken.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

Goblin

"Elken?" Wait, let me think. Rain starts flying upwards, looking around and pondering wheat she remembers from old maps, while at the same time thinking how suprisingly straightfoward this request was.
    Unless they moved, which isn't as uncommon for cities as you might think, Elken should be that way." She points in direction she concludes city is.

[spoiler]If it's necessary Knowledge Geography roll (1d20+21)[39][/cpoiler]
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2014-08-03 at 01:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

GreenSorcererElf

Rose starts flying that way, but she pauses as she realizes that no one else is coming.
    "Come on, sillies! This way, we can all tell stories!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss