New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Empire! The Grand Ball of 431

There was a slight commotion at the doors of the hall, though few turned to look. Those who did saw a young woman run in. Aged about twenty, she would have been rather attractive were it not for her haunted, slightly mad eyes, and dishevelled clothes and white hair, not to mention her face's contortions into an expression of utmost fury. As she moved, a train of words followed in her wake.

You! I can't believe you came here you bastard you how dare you show your face here it was you all along how could you I'll kill you who do you think you are

Prince Fydias turned slowly, holding his arms out wide in a gesture of greeting and smiling warmly, though those close to him detected a note of panic in his eyes.

Why, cousin Seirwynn, isn't it? It's been such a long time since I saw you, I barely recognised you.

I'll kill you! She flew at him.

Fydias went for his sword, but it was barely out of the scabbard before Dagr, standing at his shoulder, grabbed his wrist and twisted, sending the weapon skittering across the floor. Before either of them could do anything, Seirwynn was on them, flailing with both arms.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin shot Jonas a quick glance, and the pair stepped forward. Neither made a move to draw their weapons. They merely stared down the few associated with Prince Fydias. "This is a family matter." The threat was obvious.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

After no more than a few moments, the pair were dragged apart. Only then did anyone see the dripping knife in Seirwynn's fist. Fydias staggered, blood staining the front of his fine Salterri clothes. He put his hands to his chest and they came up red, blood spilling from them, spattering across the floor. In a moment, Dagr went from restraining him to holding him upright.

The knife was wrestled out of Seirwynn's grip as Alfmark pushed his way through the crowd of stunned observers and gathering thingmen. He spared a glance for Fydias.

This man is a traitor. Take him away.” He turned back to Seirwynn. “Cousin Seirwynn, I am glad you could join us for the ball, though I fear perhaps you have forgotten the finer points of etiquette. Perhaps it would be better for you to return to your rooms for now.

She stared at him in mute shock, and as he gave the nod the guards began to lead her away.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Spoiler: Private:
    Show
    "I'll agree to that if you, in return, give us full access to the two Muhlarhum trading posts. Deal?"
    Spoiler: Private
    Show

"Unacceptable! And disrespectful! To offer trade in the place of reparations due for the lost lives of thousands of Dwarves! Perhaps we could have come to accept such a deal in time, but to offer it out the gate speaks of the most haughty and loathsome attitude!"

OOC: I'm actually fine with that deal since no one else can have Trading Posts in Mularuhm but it comes off bad given the light. If you want to agree to the trading posts in Norogh now I'd be happy to let you build your own trading posts in Mularuhm in 2 rounds or so as a player-player agreement.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Spoiler: Discussion
    Show
    William looks confused. "Lady, I think you may be confused. I am perfectly willing to pay weregild for the dead and have told you so. It was you who turned the issue to an offer of trade."

OOC: I'd be fine with that, but I don't think William would. As his line above hopefully makes clear, William thinks of reparations as a one-time payment sort of thing. Building trading posts is in his mind a matter of trade, not reparations. Perhaps Pavonia could give you two stacks of Amethysts this turn? Or a stack of Gold and a stack of Amethysts? Either of those would be things William would class as reparations. We could even have Pavonia pay reparations and then have both sides build trade posts as a separate deal.
    Spoiler: Discussion
    Show

The High Queen let out a slow breath. Surfacers, so short lived and thus short-sighted.

"Perhaps a one off payment may be enough to satisfy the lives of a surfacer but those Dwarves that dies were in their prime, they still had nearly 100 years yet to live, 100 years their families and clans will live without them. Perhaps we might compromise? Pavonia sends to Mularuhm two stacks Amethysts for a period numbering 25 years, at the end of this time we shall consider the debts of the lives lost repaid and shall see to negotiations on how our then repaired relationship might be strengthened through trade and perhaps in time, friendship. What say you Grand Duke?"

OOC: I'm trying to wrap being so long of life into things without doing the cop-out "it takes extra long to develop!" route so they have a skewed view towards life and its value, inflating it quite a bit. Also, since this is happening at the Grand Ball technically and it was my fault it didn't get resolved so if you do agree consider last round as counting towards the 25 years, so only 4 rounds counting this current one. If you agree of course.