New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default LGBTAI+ #52: Aces High

Welcome to the 52nd iteration of the LGBTAI thread!

Notice: This is mostly a support thread. There is an LGBTAI+ Q&A Thread right here.

The AI is for All-Inclusive because we have only so much space in the title, but everyone, regardless of orientation, direction, letter, acronym or chosen astrological symbol is welcome here!

We do, unfortunately, have a few rules. We are not an anarchist state! Or, we weren't until we voted we were? But shush.

1. We are primarily a support thread.
    This means that the primary focus should be in helping people here feel better; about themselves, about their lives, about their problems. We are also an education thread, but when helping someone learn involves not supporting, we will default to support - Mostly. We are only mostly human, after all.

All of the other rules are basically precisions of rule #1.

2. If you want answers to triggering topics, spoiler-box or ask them privately.
    Triggering topics are those which are likely to make other people feel bad, in any way whatsoever: for instance, rape, violence, bullying and many others may be triggering to some people. If someone, even just that one individual person, has a problem with a topic because it stirs demons best left in their pit, Do. Not. Bring. It. Up. Publicly. Use a spoiler box and think carefully about whether this is the place to broach the topic at all (see rule #1: "We are primarily a support thread.")

If you have questions or need help on something that involves triggering topics, please use spoiler tags and label your spoilers for trigger warnings. When in doubt, put trigger warnings.

3. Avoid discussing politics or religion.
    It doesn't matter how much these two topics intersect with our forum topic, they are verboten. Sometimes, hints are...looked over, such as, "Man, in my country being gay sucks," but detail is right out, and even that could be considered willful disregard. Be careful. As the moderators themselves often say, if you aren't sure, don't.

4. Do not discuss moral justification.
    No one here is going to discuss whether or not it's Right" or "Okay" to be LGBTAEIOUsometimesY or anything else. It's not topical, it's not relevant. We are, and we are here to cope with that and with the stresses it causes.
    And no, my joking acronym doesn't constitute considering this rule less important.

5. Do not post sexually explicit content.
    It's against forum rules, it's against decorum, and it will get us shut down pretty fast. What adults do behind closed doors is cool, and allusion is fine. Anything that could involve a diagram, though? No.

6. Avoid unfriendly debates.
    Several topics of conversation have created huge arguments that made several people uncomfortable and defied our goal of being a support thread. This is especially true debates of definition. These do not always end well, and are best avoided.

This thread has a past of traumatic experiences which we would rather not repeat, and some topics which have created (in)famous rows include:
    - the precise distinction between bi- and pansexual;
    - what is or isn't a polyamorous relationship;
    - whether transgender is more correct than transgendered.
    (Other topics may be added to the list.)
    Unless you need support or help about this, please refrain from bringing up these topics.

Also, if a conversation that is not about support runs long, spoiler it if possible, even if it is polite.

Glossary of Common Terms

For reference, here is a list of commonly-used words in our community along with their definitions. Please keep in mind that this vocabulary is constantly evolving and that this list may not be complete. Any contributions to the list are appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*

LGBTAI: LGBT+Asexual/Allies+Intersex/All-Inclusive

QUILTBAG:
    Q - Queer and Questioning
    U - Unidentified
    I - Intersex
    L - Lesbian
    T - Transgender/Transsexual
    B - Bisexual
    A - Asexual
    G - Gay, Genderqueer

GSRM: Gender, Sexuality, and Romantic Minorities; sometimes only GSM

Where a word below is in italics, that means it has its own entry on the list.

A note on labels: many of these labels are seemingly interchangeable, and for some people they are. However, please do not presume to correct or judge another person's use of a label. Bisexual and pansexual are especially tricky in this regard, as are transgender and transsexual to a lesser degree.
    Often the difference in why one person feels one label is appropriate and not another is deeply personal. If you wish to know more it is probably a topic to seek private advice on, from one of the people listed in the next section.

AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth

Agender: Someone who lacks a gender.

Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.

Androsexual: A person who is attracted to men.

Asexual: A person who does not feel sexual attraction.

Bigender: Someone who identifies as both male and female (or as any two genders) either simultaneously or alternating. See also Genderqueer, Genderfluid

Binary, The: See: Gender Binary.

Bisexual: 1. attracted to two genders; 2. attracted to one's own gender and another gender; 3. attracted to various genders; 4. attracted to people regardless of gender; 5. ask the person who says they're bi what exactly they mean by that. See also Pansexual

Cis: See: Cisgender

Cisgender (CG): Somebody whose gender and sex align.

Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone only after they have formed an intense emotional relationship with them.

Dysphoria: The etymological opposite of "euphoria." A state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction. In this context, generally referring to the discomfort or dissociation Trans* people feel with their own body.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Female: See: Woman

Female-to-Male (FtM): Someone who was assigned female at birth, but is male. (AKA: trans man)

FAAB: Female Assigned at Birth.

Feminine: Something generally associated by society with women.

FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Associated primarily with MAAB Trans people

FtM: See: Female to Male

Gay: See: homosexual.

Gender Binary: The commonly held notion that there are only men and women on two extremes, with nothing in between.

Gender Expression (GE): How one expresses their Gender Identity to society.

Gender Identity (GI): How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other".

Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between different genders.

Genderqueer (GQ): Someone who is not of a binary gender; someone who is neither male nor female.

Gynosexual: A person who is attracted to women.

Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.

Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their own gender.

HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's tend to progesterone, estrogens and androgen blockers, while FtM's take testosterone almost exclusively.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.

MAAB: Male Assigned at Birth.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Man/men: A cis man or trans man. Male.

Masculine: Something generally associated by society with men.

Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender. See also Bisexual

Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.

Presenting: Trans* shorthand for appearing as their preferred gender, regardless of any HRT, SRS or other changes.

Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender primarily, with the asterisk denoting that the trans- prefix could be followed by any number of appropriate words. It also includes other labels, and is a catch-all term for people who identify as something other than their biological sex at birth.

Transgender: Used in reference to a person whose sex(body) and gender(mind) are at odds or do not match. A transgender person can also identify as genderqueer, transsexual, or may use transgender as their only identity.

Transitioning: The process a Trans* person undergoes to move to their preferred gender. Often includes HRT, SRS, FFS.

Transsexual: In common terms the same as transgender above. In medical terms refers specifically to people who wish to transition from male to female or female to male, not accommodating any other options.

SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.

Sexual Orientation (SO): How one identifies who they are attracted to.

Significant Other(s) (SO): Person(s) you are in a relationship with.

Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa. Also a person who feels they do not identify with any other gender identity.

Woman: A cis woman or trans woman. Female.

Allies: Heterosexual-Cisgender people who support equality for sexual, gender, and romantic minorities.

Private Consultation.

We have a list of people whoa re willing and able to discuss topics that may not be thread-appropriate but are still topical. They can be reached by Personal Message (PM), thought they may not respond immediately, or may be on sabbatical.

Spoiler: Topical Consultants
    Show

Name: Especially familiar with the topic(s) of
    Absol197: Gender identity issues.
    Asteron Questar: Relationships, depression.
    Astrella: GSRM rights, feminism, trans stuff, Skype.
    Chess435: Skype.
    Eirala: Trans stuff (esp emotional issues), Skype(no voice or video, however).
    Eldest: General/basics, bisexuality, polyamory, pansexuality will Skype(voice if needed, no video).
    Enrico Dandolo (Caroline): Trans stuff, mental health, feminism, asexuality, hugs, make-up advice. PM first, Skype chat if asked.
    Golentan: Mental health, fluid and questioning sexualities, and issues arising from sexual trauma.
    HMS Sophia: Trans stuff (esp hormones).
    inuyasha: Shoulder on which to cry, someone to listen.
    Irish Musician: PM, Rants/Venting.
    KenderWizard: General/basics, gender and feminism, bisexuality.
    Kesnit: Trans stuff (FtM), legal issues.
    Lea Plath: Genderfluidity.
    Lentrax: General/basics, depression, bullying.
    Lix Lorn: General/basics.
    Lycunadari: Genderqueer and agendered.
    Metditto: PM/Skype for L, T, GQ, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), demisexual, feminism, therapy, depression, dissociative identities.
    Musashi: General/basics, asexuality/demisexuality, depression.
    Mystic Muse: Skype-y goodness.
    noparlpf: General/basics, asexuality, greysexuality, biology, Skype.
    Partysan: PM/Skype, polyamory, pansexuality, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), Rants/Venting.
    Socratov: Skype-ness.
    TaiLiu: General Transgender information, transphobia.
    Warkitty: Academic/technical discussions, Make-up advice.
    Wormwood74: Transgender legal issues, transgender outside contacts.

Some people are also willing to talk off-board, through Skype or email or other means; this is especially useful if your question involves board-forbidden topics such as religion or politics. Also, we can't (and ethically shouldn't!) give medical advice. If you need medical advice, please see a professional!

And as a parting note, I will say that even though moderators do not read PMs, they are still part of the forum and still subject to forums rules. Non-allowed topics and discussion should NOT be conducted via PM.

Previous Incarnations

Like the Glorious and Unconquered Sun, we have risen, lived, died, and risen anew, with many faces, many voices, many hearts. In this past, much can be found, both good, and bad, should one be brave or perhaps, foolish, enough to seek it.

Spoiler: Past Threads
    Show
    1. LGBT people in the playground
    2. LGBT people in the playground - part II
    3. LGBTitp - part III
    4. LGBTitp 4: We are a family?
    5. LGBTitp - Part Five
    6. LGBTitp - Part Six
    7. LGBTitp - Part Seven
    8. LGBTitp - Part Eight
    9. LGBTitp - Part Nine
    10. LGBTAitp - Part Ten
    11. LGBTAitp - Part Eleven
    12. LGBTAitp - Part Twelve
    13. LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen
    14. LGBTAitp - Part Fourteen
    15. LGBTAitp - Part Fifteen
    16. LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen
    17. LGBTAitp - Part Seventeen
    18. LGBTAitp - Part Eighteen!
    19. LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen
    20. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty - Critical Hit!
    21. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty-One - BLACKJACK!
    22. LGBTAitP Part 22: The Best There Is
    23. LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?
    24. LGBTAitP: Alphabet Soup-with 24 different Vitamins!
    25. LGBTAitP part 25: Doing Away With Subtitles
    26. LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles
    27. LGBTAitP 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax
    28. LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!
    29. LGBTAitP #29: The Rainbow Outreach Program
    30. LGBTAitP 30: Free Cuddles (Enquire Within)
    31. LGBTAitP #31: Cuddles Are On Back Order. Have Some Snuggles!
    32. LGBTAitp #32: The Great Plushie Invasion!
    33. LGBTAitp #33: The Thread at the End of the Rainbow!
    34. LGTAitP #34: <3!!
    35. LGBTAitp #35: What Midlife Crisis? :3
    36. LGBTAitp #36: May Contain Bites!
    37. LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...
    38. LGBTAitP #38: Once More With Feeling!!
    39. LGBTAitP #38: Making Your Way in the World Today....
    40. LGBTAitP #40: Technicolour Partyboat
    41. LGBTAitp #41 - Imprecise Terminology Supercenter
    42. LGBTAitp #42: Better Than Skittles/The Meaning of Life!
    43. LGBTAitp #43 [Insert snappy subtitle here]
    44. LGBTAIitP #44: Quick, We Need To Vote A New Title!
    45. LGBTAIitP #45: Rainbow Anarchy
    46. LGBTAitP #46: I Cast Prismatic Hugs
    47. LGBTAIitp #47: Weather Control Central
    48. LGBTAIitp #48: For a Cuddly Tomorrow!
    49. LGBTAIitp #49: Please check all baggage before boarding the Rainbow Rail Road
    50. LGBTAI+ #50: Warning: This Thread Has Exceeded its Maximum Awesome Level
    51. LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!

Webcomics that touch on... Well, everything related to the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Venus Envy. Long dead webcomic. The creator has chosen not to continue it and move forward in life.
    Rain. A story of a MtF girl in high school.
    Khaos Komix.As the creator puts it(from his site): "A complete GLBTWTFBBQ comic about gender and sexuality. (Trigger warnings for EVERYTHING and nothing is safe for work.)"
    Always Raining Here. "Adrian is heartsick, Carter is horny. This is a story about their misadventures as awkward teenagers as they fumble through unrequited romances."
    Tripping over you.An awkward blind date leads to better options.
    Questionable Content. The LGBTA characters are fairly well done, and not stereotypes.
    What's normal anyway. "What’s Normal Anyway? is a comic that discusses the trans male experience through the story of Mel, who takes the big risk of being himself and transitioning from female to male."
    Princess. A webcomic.
    Twokinds. Keveak: "It generally portrays GRSM matters positively and is quite a nice tale overall."
    Misfile The Rose Dragon: "Ash is a young boy who, as a result of a screw-up in Heaven, gets stuck in a girl's body in a life he doesn't recognize, and has to deal with the changes and challenges of his new body while trying to get back his old life. Supernatural hijinks and car racing are involved."
    I know I missed a few webcomics, and if anyone finds more, feel free to PM them to me with a brief description, and I will add them.

The Brand New LGBTA Arts & Crafts Thread!
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2014-09-11 at 09:36 AM.
    Jude P.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: LGBTAI+ #52: Aces High

I found out today that the Federal Appeals Court that oversees my home state declared my state's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional. I'm not sure if the decision has been stayed, though I suspect it has been. Which leads to a question my wife and I were discussing earlier.

Do we want to actually, really, legally get married? On one hand, of course we do! Everyone already thinks we are (they were at our wedding, after all). Plus, it would save questions and make being stealth easier. (Why isn't she on my insurance? Why is my income tax withholding based on being single?) On the other hand, my wife's credit is bad. Although mine isn't much better, not being legally tied to her poor credit may help me in the future.

As I said, it's likely a moot point since I suspect the decision is stayed. But it is something she and I need to actually decide on, rather than putting it off like we have been.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    I found out today that the Federal Appeals Court that oversees my home state declared my state's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional. I'm not sure if the decision has been stayed, though I suspect it has been. Which leads to a question my wife and I were discussing earlier.

Do we want to actually, really, legally get married? On one hand, of course we do! Everyone already thinks we are (they were at our wedding, after all). Plus, it would save questions and make being stealth easier. (Why isn't she on my insurance? Why is my income tax withholding based on being single?) On the other hand, my wife's credit is bad. Although mine isn't much better, not being legally tied to her poor credit may help me in the future.

As I said, it's likely a moot point since I suspect the decision is stayed. But it is something she and I need to actually decide on, rather than putting it off like we have been.
    Obviously, this is a decision you have to make for yourself. I mean, the big thing is the commitment, if your families all gathered together for your wedding that's what makes a marriage in my mind. But a lot of the legal benefits are really nice as well, and there's something nice about being able to declare yourself truly bound in the eyes of the law that appeals to me. On the other hand, if you're really worried about the credit issue, that's something to consider. For me, speaking personally, the visitation and legal benefits would seem more important than the potential risks, but again, that is for me and is not intended as advice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    No Lixie, I think that does help. :P
    It doesn't help draw a line between friend and romance and sex.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Hey lix, we're friends right?
    Talk to me more and you'll get the shares too :P (Get on skype, join the lgbta chat!)

@Kesnit: I would guess that since you've already had the emotional part, you should just make this decision practically. Of course, if being /actually/ married would make you happier, then go and do it. Really, happiness is the most important thing, you jsut have to balance the variables.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Talk to me more and you'll get the shares too :P (Get on skype, join the lgbta chat!)
    ... there's a Skype chat associated with this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, could you add me to the consult list? I'm good with issues of mental health, fluid and questioning sexualities, and issues arising from sexual trauma.

I think I've asked before, but I'm still not on the list. New thread reminds me.
    Last edited by golentan; 2014-07-28 at 07:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Hey, could you add me to the consult list? I'm good with issues of mental health, fluid and questioning sexualities, and issues arising from sexual trauma.

I think I've asked before, but I'm still not on the list. New thread reminds me.
    Sure, gotcha.
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, gotcha.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Do any other trans girls feel really inferior when they see pictures of other trans girl? Iunno, just feel like I still look super-male all the time. :c
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Do any other trans girls feel really inferior when they see pictures of other trans girl? Iunno, just feel like I still look super-male all the time. :c
    Lena, speaking from seeing pictures of you, you are a gorgeous feminine lady and I find you tremendously attractive.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I do. But I have to agree with golentan. You are beautiful.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yup.

Also hey, new thread! I must rub my annoying presence all over it.
    vape naesh

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi, I'm back~! I was gonna be back a while ago, but the last thread was pretty close to 50 pages, so I decided to wait and read the questions thread instead.

14. - Top - End - #14

Hey new thread!

I wanted to offer my PM box on the topics of asexuality and virtual hugs <-- sometimes these are very helpful
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Constantly.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mmmhmm, yeah, pretty much everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Hi, I'm back~! I was gonna be back a while ago, but the last thread was pretty close to 50 pages, so I decided to wait and read the questions thread instead.
    Same here! I wanted to reply to the whole acupuncture thing that was posted (because it's relevant to part of my college major) but felt that would be too awkward. We can be "back together buddies" though..!

While what happened in the comic was part of why I wanted to return, I also uhm, feel the need for a stable LGBT community I can actually feel a part of, since Twitter doesn't do that for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab
    Yeah, its actually a downgrade for him because at first level he only had to be lawful.

17. - Top - End - #17

Often, yes. I do feel I look better than some. But anyway, looking in the mirror or whatever is still painful, much of the time. I don't think I've made it, not yet...
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

18. - Top - End - #18

In other news, I'm tearing my hair out because I'm having to explain to people why **** like this is actually not helping anybody.

Apparently it's okay because it's not actually making fun of disadvantaged groups, it's just 'bashing people who don't realise how pathetic it is to go on sites like Tumblr to whine'.
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    In other news, I'm tearing my hair out because I'm having to explain to people why **** like this is actually not helping anybody.

Apparently it's okay because it's not actually making fun of disadvantaged groups, it's just 'bashing people who don't realise how pathetic it is to go on sites like Tumblr to whine'.
    There are crazy people out there who damage the good name of various movements.

Doesn't mean that the point "the world is unfair and we can and should make it better" is false.

And doesn't make it okay to show people who point out hardship in a mocking derisive light.

And it's certainly not okay to mock trans people, victims of racism, or folks with a little extra weight for having the audacity to be themselves and point out that sometimes they get insulted for it and it sucks. That actually takes it to a weird meta level. I'm complaining about you complaining about me complaining about you? I'd include... whatever is going on in panel four, but I'm not sure what IS going on in panel four, other than the author making me hate them a little for reading that.

I'm cool with mocking nazis though.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Yea, I asked to be added a few times, think I was once and somehow got dropped.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Lena, speaking from seeing pictures of you, you are a gorgeous feminine lady and I find you tremendously attractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I do. But I have to agree with golentan. You are beautiful.
    Mew. Thank you.

Just in a bit of a bad spell cause I had to drop out of school 4 courses away from finishing my degree and like... it feels that since realizing I was trans a lot of stuff has gone wrong and I feel really guilty about it and still being dysphoric and stuff. :/
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe that's mostly in your head. Even if people on the street don't know you are trans, you do, so you usually assume they do too. I often think people around me know I'm gay, even though I am deep in the closet (homophobic patriarchal society sucks) and "show no signs of gayness".
    I think you look good.

I remember you.
    Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post
    Same here! I wanted to reply to the whole acupuncture thing that was posted (because it's relevant to part of my college major) but felt that would be too awkward. We can be "back together buddies" though..!

While what happened in the comic was part of why I wanted to return, I also uhm, feel the need for a stable LGBT community I can actually feel a part of, since Twitter doesn't do that for me...
    Welcome back to you too.

That's disgusting. Someone should introduce the author's skull with a hammer.

Mew. Thank you.

Just in a bit of a bad spell cause I had to drop out of school 4 courses away from finishing my degree and like... it feels that since realizing I was trans a lot of stuff has gone wrong and I feel really guilty about it and still being dysphoric and stuff. :/
    Hugs?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    That's disgusting. Someone should introduce the author's skull with a hammer.
    That's probably a bit extreme. Even for people who make bad comics.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaya View Post
    That's probably a bit extreme. Even for people who make bad comics.
    Yeah, let's not get too extreme here. Maybe just the fingers on their drawing hand so they can never produce something this insulting and witless again?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Yeah, let's not get too extreme here. Maybe just the fingers on their drawing hand so they can never produce something this insulting and witless again?
    Or we could not respond with threats/fantasies of brutal violence at all. That would be nice.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Hey new thread!

I wanted to offer my PM box on the topics of asexuality and virtual hugs <-- sometimes these are very helpful
    I'll put you in there.

Mew. Thank you.

Aw, that stinks. But I think you're associating two things that aren't directly related.
    bndvgsvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvmnhjjj vcccccmvvfvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvre78`y mq1i)IIII 4GFT (cat sympathies)
    I don't know how university works in Europe, but could you go back and finish it later when your anxiety is better?
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

That works.

Also, as badly as this would probably turn out, I've wondered a few times if I should be on the consultation list as well. Mostly for nonbinary/non-traditional MtF issues (you know what I mean by that) and other types of body dysphoria not necessarily related to gender.
    vape naesh

28. - Top - End - #28

Welcome back!
    Mew. Thank you.

*offers hugs* I get that too, I've been wondering whether I would have gotten depression and anxiety if I hadn't realised that I'm trans more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Or we could not respond with threats/fantasies of brutal violence at all. That would be nice.
    I agree.

ION, Andeja Pejic came out as a trans woman. I have to admit, I'm kinda sad about that, because there are so little non-binary celebrities and now she's "just" another trans woman who fits the standard trans narrative of knowing that she's a girl since she was small etc.. Oh well, I'll get over it, and I wish her all the best.
    (Maybe I'll just have to become my own non-binary celebrity. )

IOON, I'm about to write a very difficult letter, the first step of a series of actions that hopefully help me heal from past trauma but might also wreck my family in the process. Can I have hugs?

– Juniper
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    IOON, I'm about to write a very difficult letter, the first step of a series of actions that hopefully help me heal from past trauma but might also wreck my family in the process. Can I have hugs?

– Juniper
    *hugs*

Hugs are always available, hon. And if you need to talk, feel free to send me a PM or Skype or whatever.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I hope everything goes okay..! *huuugs Juniper*

I sort of know what you mean, in a similar extent, regarding Andeja Pejic, because it just seems like *every* trans person ever has known since they were young, and I didn't know I was until I was almost 22, which leads into dumb feelings like, "I'm not trans enough," or like I don't have an experience worth talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab
    Yeah, its actually a downgrade for him because at first level he only had to be lawful.