New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Help Me find this Lord of The Rings music

Ok, this is going to be a bit hard. This piece of music about lord of the rings? NEVER IS HEARD IN THE FILMS THEMSELVES. okay? its never used in the films themselves.

But you see, I heard it, years ago, when I was younger. my brother had given me this soundtrack to me along with getting a Xbox, and it had this lord of the rings song in it. Its in my head, and its epic, featuring elvish singing in a big chorus I think. and its not about any specific elvish place like rivendell or lothlorien, its not about the evenstar or arwen or anything like that, okay? but its like epic and about the general lord of the rings stuff for some reason.

and I can't remember its name. and since all the lyrics I can remember are in freaking elvish, anything I can say would probably be horribly butchered and only capture the....sounds of it, not the actual words or anything.

I want to find and hear this music again, because I distinctly remember hearing it and liking it.

Does anyone know what piece of music I'm talking about? I remember it being like....6 or 8 minutes long. but my memory can be foggy, going back this long. I've already checked the lord of the ring symphony, it doesn't contain the music I seem to be seeking.

If anyone could help with this, I'd dearly appreciate it. its very good music.

edit:but really the music I'm remembering is sort of sounds big-production, I think? it might've been associated somehow? it didn't sound like anything made by one person or whatever. it...its hard to describe.

Edit: also it might have drums....but it does have a flute in it...

Edit 2: ok, it is connected officially to the films, as the soundtrack my brother took it from was the fellowship of the ring soundtrack, according to him. so we can rule out anything involving Two Towers or Return of the King....

Nope. it doesn't have trumpets in it. it isn't dark, but neither is it happy. its more like.....its not soft, but then again it kind of is, but its not a background music, but isn't really a battle theme.....how to put it....

screw it, I'm going to try and explain the elven singing part:

it sounds like in some parts:
    "turi turi turi anay anay aaaah"

and some parts it sounds like:
    "anah unay anay aah, wei-eeeeeeiiii, anah, anay, anah, anay-aaaaaaaayyyyy"

what it is not:
    -Requiem For A Dream
    -Lothlorien
    -Arwen's Song
    -that trailer one named Gothic Power
    -Rivendell
    -council of elrond.
    -lament for gandalf
    -Evenstar
    -May It Be
    -Aniron
    -Grace of Undomiel
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-08-07 at 02:15 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Help Me find this Lord of The Rings music

Tricky. Do you remember anything about the collection it came with? You say it's not part of the film's soundtrack; was it associated with the films at all (i.e. movie characters on the CD cover)? Could it be part of the soundtrack to an audiobook/radio play/video game, or a collection of Tolkien-inspired music? Something else I'm not thinking of right now? There's a fair amount of Tolkien-related music out there, and "Elvish singing" applies to an awful lot, so narrowing down what area to look for might help.

D'you remember the year your brother gave it to you?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Tricky. Do you remember anything about the collection it came with? You say it's not part of the film's soundtrack; was it associated with the films at all (i.e. movie characters on the CD cover)? Could it be part of the soundtrack to an audiobook/radio play/video game, or a collection of Tolkien-inspired music? Something else I'm not thinking of right now? There's a fair amount of Tolkien-related music out there, and "Elvish singing" applies to an awful lot, so narrowing down what area to look for might help.

D'you remember the year your brother gave it to you?
    I remember it being played in a trailer about the films some years after? about the LOTR being shown on a television network, I think?

the year....the year....well the xbox came out in 2001.....I must've been..... that can't be right, couldn't be....no.....I WAS that young when I had the xbox..... well it was about 2001 or 2002. about the same time the movies were coming out, or at the least the first one. but the music capabilities could've come later....oh I hate it when this is hard to find....

but really the music I'm remembering is sort of sounds big-production, I think? it might've been associated somehow? it didn't sound like anything made by one person or whatever. it...its hard to describe.

Edit: also it might have drums....but it does have a flute in it...

Edit 2: ok, it is connected officially to the films, as the soundtrack my brother took it from was the fellowship of the ring soundtrack, according to him. so we can rule out anything involving Two Towers or Return of the King....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-07-30 at 01:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can it maybe be this?

Fellowship of the Ring trailer music

If it this, is "Gothic Power" by X-Ray Dog
    Last edited by Moak; 2014-07-30 at 03:59 AM.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    Can it maybe be this?

Fellowship of the Ring trailer music

If it this, is "Gothic Power" by X-Ray Dog
    Nope. it doesn't have trumpets in it. it isn't dark, but neither is it happy. its more like.....its not soft, but then again it kind of is, but its not a background music, but isn't really a battle theme.....how to put it....

screw it, I'm going to try and explain the elven singing part:

it sounds like in some parts:
    "turi turi turi anay anay aaaah"

and some parts it sounds like:
    "anah unay anay aah, wei-eeeeeeiiii, anah, anay, anah, anay-aaaaaaaayyyyy"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

If your brother was right, and it was from the FOTR soundtrack... you can track it down trough the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqMGCJkna-0

even if the part about "turi turi" make thing about the part of the first track where it "grow up" the tone...

song with elven words.. (I'm going trough memory)... there is Many meetings, the song that is under the arrive at Rivendell, and the Council of Elrond (that contains the song of Arwen and Aragorn), after that, Lothlorien and the Death of Gandalf... and the Arwen theme, that is called...uhm... Evenstar?
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

.....aaaaand listened to entire Album.

none of them was the song I remember.

so.

what the heck.

I do agree that the song I heard was from when only Fellowship of the Ring was out but...as I go through so much similar lists on Youtube without finding it, I'm starting to get scared, because its a very distinctive song. its not a quiet soft little thing that brings peace and such, its this big sort of song that sings of something great, divine and sublime, that is powerful and such, but it has no trumpets, and the singing sounds female.

I'm confused as to how it could possibly get missed or forgotten, even if it was never heard in the films themselves. what should I do?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Requiem For A Dream was a trailer theme you might be thinking of.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Requiem For A Dream was a trailer theme you might be thinking of.
    Nope. It has no elven singing in it. Trust me. it is not the one.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Would this link help? It's an analysis of all the music found in the trailers with timestamps.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

It could be an alternate version of one of the tracks on the FotR OST. Enya has performed alternate and extended versions of Aniron (a sample of it was used for the Council of Elrond) and May It Be (the end credits song).

I know I had a tune stuck in my head that I swore was the main theme from Conan, but I could never find it. It turned out that I was looking in the wrong movie - I thought it was Anvil of Doom from Conan the Barbarian, but it was in fact Conan the Destroyer.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, I have listened to both May It Be and Aniron, they are not the music I'm look for. more to add to the list.

they're both too.....soft. they're only one person singing. its like....

first there are elves are singing, then a flute and drums, then elves singing again, but in a triumphant chorus thing, and its not soft, it, its resounding and......aaaagh.. but it has no trumpets or any normal symphony things in it. sorry if I can't describe it well.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, let's try a different way of tackling this - can you remember when your brother gave you this track? It would help narrow down the various releases of the LotR soundtrack. I assume your Xbox is dead or lost? No way of getting even a poor quality audio off it?

There's also the LotR Complete Recordings, which is everything related to the soundtrack - if it's not on there, then it wasn't originally recorded as part of LotR.

14. - Top - End - #14

Does it have any of the main leitmotifs in it?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Ok, let's try a different way of tackling this - can you remember when your brother gave you this track? It would help narrow down the various releases of the LotR soundtrack. I assume your Xbox is dead or lost? No way of getting even a poor quality audio off it?

There's also the LotR Complete Recordings, which is everything related to the soundtrack - if it's not on there, then it wasn't originally recorded as part of LotR.
    and yes the xbox is gone by now. it was getting too old to be functional. had to be gotten rid of, months ago.

Ergh. it'll be hard to remember. but I was still young at the time. but the Xbox and Fellowship of the Ring came out pretty much the same year right? well....when I got the Xbox I got games with it see, Jet Set Radio and that car game, probably like the first release or something. and at some point after that, maybe after I got that little device that allowed the xbox to function as dvd player, or was it before? and perhaps he put this custom track on it labeled with my name as "(name) is bonkers" or something along those lines, I listened to the lord of the rings music on it and.....and.....I still can't remember the name. There was "Lord of the Rings" in it.....and maybe "Medley"?? I think?? it was before the extended lotr editions came out, definitely. we got the fellowship of the ring movie as a tape when I heard this song. it was that far back...I also definitely heard it before I ever saw Return of the King, even in its first version, maybe even The Two Towers, those that is less sure....but I never heard it in the films themselves, so.....its very likely it was never recorded so, as you say

but now I have a bigger problem. if I type in "lord of the rings music" into google, I always get the Howard Shore stuff. so I have no way of finding any the custom stuff and sorting them out. especially as far back as like, 2001 or 2002....

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ergh. it'll be hard to remember. but I was still young at the time. but the Xbox and Fellowship of the Ring came out pretty much the same year right?
    2001, yes.

it was that far back...I also definitely heard it before I ever saw Return of the King, even in its first version, maybe even The Two Towers, those that is less sure....
    I was going to say it was only 13 years ago, but that speaks to more how old I am than anything else.

but I never heard it in the films themselves, so.....its very likely it was never recorded so, as you say
    You mis-understand - if it wasn't recorded for Lord of the Rings movies, it was most likely recorded for something else and just labelled up as Lord of the Rings by your brother.
    It'd be like searching for Europe's The Final Countdown in the Shinseiki Evangelion OST because somebody made an AMV of it.

So far, we have a choir singing in an non-English language (possibly Quenya - I apologise in advance if you actually know it was Quenya), a flute, drums (and two lines which sound like "turi turi turi anay anay aaaah" and "anah unay anay aah, wei-eeeeeeiiii, anah, anay, anah, anay-aaaaaaaayyyyy" ).

but now I have a bigger problem. if I type in "lord of the rings music" into google, I always get the Howard Shore stuff. so I have no way of finding any the custom stuff and sorting them out. especially as far back as like, 2001 or 2002....
    Try "Lord of the rings music -shore" to eliminate anything by Howard Shore from your search.
    I've just plugged that in and found a variety of LotR inspired music, for example: Music Inspired by The Lord of the Rings.

The wiki page of Works Inspired by Tolkien has a music section: link.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

this is entirely disrespectful, I know, but.. am I the only one who read the opening post in the voice of "the dude"?
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

18. - Top - End - #18

Could the music be from the animated LotR or from one of the PC games? Not sure how many, if any, where out by that time.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight