New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Strange Tails [IC]

"It might be only a word, but people kill for it. When I Exalted, my very brother drove me away from home and he would have killed me if he had the chance," Syveris commented sadly, "my husband tried to kill me too. All because of misplaced superstition," Syveris said, then took a look at the river.

"I guess we should go into town and find the proper offer to present the river god. And thank you for wanting to help, Delilah."
    I apologize for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

"No problem! I don't meet others like myself often so when I do I like to assist them." Realizing then what she had said Delilah clasped her hands together and worriedly replied to the warrior, "I guess that answers your question Arana, I'm a Child of the Changing Moon. I don't really know much of anything about exalt history, just that I have a mate somewhere and that I have to serve Solars like yourself.."

She directed her attention to Syveris hoping that she had her back. This solar, Arana intimidated her but she would still try to help her so long as another Lunar stood by her. Believing the two of them to be bonded gave her hope, for her heart was ever obsessed with her own mate, every beat gave for one purpose, to serve him or her.

"We'll find the brown juice somewhere in Dovuian I think and you two can stay at my ranch if you'd like. I'm sure its still there."

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Intelligence+Survival to remember more about the hills location and any landmarks along the way
    (6d10)[4][4][1][7][2][7](25)
    Potential Stunt Dice (3d10)[1][10][5](16)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

"The Nemegun has grown wild as Zalkhuur sits idle and the dragon's spines overflow with essence. It will take many passings of the sun to halt all of its courses by ones work. But very well young sorcerer, as you command“. And with that its mercurial body bended towards the window, snaking out into the cloudless sky before the next three knocks arrived.

As the three journeyed closer to Dovuian proper Delilah had far more luck than the solider recalling details about her whereabouts. She spotted a wispy tree not far to their west, but no hill it was upon. No the tree she remembered could be seen for quite a distance and rested on Altan land. One of the more prestigious families the Altan brood had invested heavily in what they thought were magic brown beans.
    Last edited by BrotherLeonidas; 2014-08-07 at 05:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Slip opens up the door. "Yeah waddaya wan?" The young dragon blood stands with a fist against her hip and slightly hunched as her head looks up.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

"Hmpf, the fact that they attacked you is not due to the word, it is due to what you are. Using softer terms changes nothing - it just makes those terms harsher in the eyes of those that hate you" she was not in a sympathetic mood "also from what I have heard the superstition might be very well placed. There are stories of golden light imitating lunatics running around all over the place causing chaos, not to mention what your crowd have been doing over the years".

Listening to Delilah "so if she is an Ogre, and you implied you are different I assume a trickster - you don't fit the stories of the frenzied?" Syveris might dislike the term Anathama but surely the more descriptive terms were not going to offend her.

"Well let me do you a favour - if you 'mate' is anything like me at all they will have no interest in you making yourself a slave to them and devoting your life to being ready to serve them and their friends" fixing the woman with an glare "learn some self respect" looking away "if someone else shows up to help you fine, if not that is good to".

Thinking to her own service to the Legion "service is a good thing - to know your place is admirable, but service should always be to something worthy - not merely dreams and hopes" sighing "if I could - I would conscript you both to the legion for a few years - so you could learn what service to a worthy cause should be like" she muttered that last bit.

She missed the focus that the legion could provide.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Senri looked at Slip, and back at Marik, whose anima had started flaring.

Oh gods. This can't end well, thought Senri, as she grabbed her daiklave from where it rested against the wall. She wasn't going to unsheathe it, but it was best to be safe.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

"Well.. maybe you're right, I shouldn't be serving something like a slave, after all there's people around here who worship me. You are wrong about one thing, I have self respect, I mean look at this" she spread her arms out and did a small twirl, "Kinda hard not to respect that figure." Forcing another one of her wide smiles, "I love myself, I just think that service will give me a greater purpose that's not so self centered."

Spoiler: thoughts
    Show
    Recalling the Altan family and their particular interest in magical brown beans Delilah reflected, "We'll have to go to them, they'll know lots more and will sell us some beans."

Delilah failed to hear Arana's muttered words and finished her statements, "Now I'm curious" she crossed her arms rigidly and snapped back, "Just what worthy cause do you serve?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Across miles of field the travelers passed with neither man or animal in sight, besides that irritating ruby wooled goat that trailed behind. Silence preceded the sight, a cluster of short wooden buildings rearing up out of the rough land.

"Good morning" mumbled a short skinny boy wrapped in azure silk robes. "I am a servant of the mighty Prince Guntar, child of a sky god, he hails from the faraway Summer Mountains." The boys eyes catch the large weapon wielded by Senri and widen.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Marik gets out of the position he had been previously sitting in for the last four hours, and stands to greet the boy. His anima still shimmering around him, he smiles at the boy and says, "Hello child, pay no attention to my companion's weapon; she means you no harm. Now would you mind telling me why we are receiving such a regal message? As well as what it entails."
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-08-07 at 11:03 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

Spoiler: Earlier To Account for the Child
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Arana
    "Turning to the road - so come are don't, I need to find this river god - if you can help great" she began walking.
    Once she choose to leave the other two or allow them to follow her or not, she stooped to pick up the child nearby - there was no way she would trust it to unknown anathema. "I am taking this child to the town however" her tone indicated it might be immediately dangerous to argue the point.

Holding the baby securely in her left arm it's head resting on her shoulder, she tried to move to allow it to sleep smoothly, shifting her body weight to accommodate.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

To carry the baby without causing it to awaken.
    Dexterity+Medicine: (6d10)[8][6][1][5][10][9](39)
    Stunt: (3d10)[5][7][1](13)

She threw a glare at the woman's mention of worshippers, "I hope for your sake they are willing worshippers and that you provide as much as you take - otherwise someone might have to do something about your cult" whether that was herself, Lookshy or the Realm didn't matter to her much.

Taking in the woman's figure - "your pretty enough, but narcissism is not self-respect - if you want to be less self centred start today, don't wait for some figure to show up so that you can be focused on them instead of yourself" throwing a wolfish grin at the woman "or should I make that an order? So you can learn about service", she did to an extent have to like the woman's attitude - but she was likely as much a victim of a pretty face as the next person, she would have to watch that when dealing with these two.

"As for me - I am in a grey area with home - but the Legion's goals are worthy, the protection of the river province, it's culture and people, and to allow some self determinism providing it does not interfere with the greater goals. It is way anat ..." she caught herself "people like us can be allowed to exist - to prove we are not actually monsters" shrugging "or to show our true colours as such".

It was somewhat more idealist than the truth - no one in the Legion would have blinked at her killing the pair of them and claiming probably cause.

"But you want an end goal for my cause and service?, probably something like throw back the Wyld, force the dead into the underworld, regain what was lost to the contagion and reform the Shogunate" the fantasy of a child she knew, but a worthy aim none the less. "Potentially as Shogun myself" now she was being flippant - but it was likely the one way the legion would welcome her back with open arms.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Slip looks at the kid reassuringly. "Oi pay 'er no mind, she'n jus bein jumpy! She ain't gonna 'urt ya" She waves the young one in and springs over to one of the chairs and with a slightly pointlessly precarious posturing upon pointers, positions her posterior down into it. "Oi, whut's so urgent?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Syveris smiled at how Arana managed not to say 'anathema' this time. Maybe she was rough on the edges, but she looked like a good person so far. She decided to drop the subject, and just walk on towards the town in the distance.

13. - Top - End - #73

Senri lowered her blade, and finally placed it back against the wall after some hesitation. She trusted Marik's judgment, and would respect that. Still, her blade was within arm's reach, just in case anything happened.

"That sounds awfully far from here. What message does your master send?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

The boy gulps and continues "Prince Guntar has an offer he wishes to extend to the noble heroes of the town" he then stands and waits patiently for a response.

Six feet and four hooves tread onto the abandoned dirt road at the entrance of town. Lights flicker from a large wooden building nearby, the animal at their heels bahs in excitement.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Slip is already out the door at mention of an offer. Offers meant jobs, jobs meant fun, fun meant... enjoyment yeah that's it!

"C'mon! whut're ya'll waitin for! Les go!" She waves back at the others and grabs the kids hand for him to lead on.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

Looking at the baby she realised that she had not even bothered to check if it was owned by either of the other women, but shrugged it off - they could mention something if they wanted.

The building would likely be the best bet for the brown juice - likely an inn, she and pushed the door to check if it was open.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Marik thinks for a moment and then replies to the young messenger, choosing his words carefully,"While I am honored by the prince's invitation, I'm afraid I must refuse it at this juncture as I must meet with a god about a river." he then turns to Senri,"Although if you wish to accompany Slips to meet this prince you may, Kai and I can handle ourselves."

He then turns back to the messenger,"So tell your master I must respectfully refuse this current offer, but once this crisis is settled I am more than happy to meet him."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm planning on making coffee, what rolls do you want me to make to find the beans and then craft it?
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

The blue dressed child bows politely to Marik, and quickly takes Slips on a merry adventure. Down the hallway they careen, her azure guide gushing out words. "The prince has travelled far to this harsh land where nothing grows. Are you from here? You don't look like the rest. Are you and your parents travellers as well?" Not to be outdone Slip keeps pace, the two hurtling down the creaky wooden stairs. Their speed found an enemy in the just opened door, sending both fast and steady bodies to the ground.

Arana was a good soldier but their ambush was perfect. Her companions watched on as the Solar entered the Nuir Marmot and was immediately set upon by two child thugs. The awkward group collapsed in a pile, with curses thrown like daggers as each tried to rise. A boy and a girl, both defiant and brave in front of their larger adversary.

19. - Top - End - #79

Senri shakes her head. "You probably might want me to stick around to help you find the river god, anyways. Slip can handle herself in a fight, but you might want some help if anything happens," she says as she picks up her daiklave and slips its harness over her shoulders. "So, we need to find coffee, huh? I've never had any myself, but I suppose we could ask around, right?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you then Senri, and yes I do think we need to find some beans. If we find enough perhaps I can brew a cup for you as well." he says with a smile as they walk out of the room and begin their search throughout the town for some coffee beans fit for a god, nay, for beans fit for one of Luna's Chosen.
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-08-12 at 06:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Syveris had just walked inside the inn when a couple of children crashed right into Arana, resulting in a few curses being spat out.
    "Hey, watch your steps!" she snapped, but as soon as her attention went back to the room, she went pale as a young man walked down into the room.

"Ma... Marik? Is that you?" Syv immediately assumed a defensive martial arts position, focusing on planning an escape route, expecting her nephew to call her out as Anathema right in the middle of Nuir Marmot.
    "I warn you, I learned much since I left; if you're here to take me home..."

22. - Top - End - #82

Senri smiled to herself. Marik usually kept his promises, or at least meant to, so she'd be fine with not actually having any coffee. She finished slinging their provisions pack over her shoulder before following him down.

Well, at least, that was before he was confronted by a woman with silver hair. Senri watched the woman cautiously, and moved her right hand to grasp the handle of her daiklave.

"Marik, do you know her?" asked Senri.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Marik blanches for a moment in shock but quickly recovers,"Auntie... is that you? After my mother stopped talking about you I assumed you had died... you're alive?" he says, with a voice half happy but half skeptical.

Still in shock, he quickly thinks of a thousand different reasons why she might have left home until he comes to what he thinks is the most likely reason, as he says, half in a whisper,"Which of the gods has decided to make you their champion?"
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-08-13 at 01:54 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Syv was dazzled. After everything that happened with her family, she expected to meet her relatives only for them to hunt her down. But apparently Marik didn't even know about her Exaltation, and might be willing to talk to her...

"You mean you're not here to fight me? Good, I hate that. Let's... take it somewhere more private, shall we?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Marik nods,"Of course Auntie, by the way," he nods to Senri,"this is my companion Senri, Senri this is my Aunt Syveris. Now that introductions are complete, would you terribly mind talking with me while we walk Auntie? There currently is a...situation, that Senri and I were about to take care of and it is rather time sensitive."
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-08-13 at 02:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

"A pleasure to meet you, Senri. If you're talking about the flood, I'm working on it too, together with Arana and Delilah, the two women travelling with me. This is my nephew Marik," she then added, introducing him to her companions. "We're looking for the right offering for the river god, some kind of brown liquid."

she then looked straight at Marik, showing him her tatoos. "You've always been the smart one in the family, Mar; I'm sure you know what these mean," she said smiling.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

As Marik sees the tattoos he smiles,"Indeed I do, although I wonder what hardship you had to go through to acquire them. But a thousand blessings that the goddess decided to make you one of her champions. As for the brown liquid, I believe you mean coffee which I was planning on brewing to help speak with the god, although if we find enough beans I was going to make some for Senri too, although if fortune smiles upon us perhaps I can make enough for us all." he says with a smile, and then a devilish grin upon saying,"You'll find that I too have been blessed by a similar but more... heliacal patron if you understand me."

Spoiler: Definition of heliacal (if you don't know)
    Show
    Heliacal=pertaining to the Sun

28. - Top - End - #88

Senri lowers her hand from the hilt when Marik makes introductions, but keeps her hands folded across her chest. Marik apparently knew this woman, which was a good enough reason to trust her, but it wasn't really enough.

At least, until she showed Marik her own silver tattoos. Senri's eyes raised at that, and she lifted her own sleeves to show a hint of her own spiraling moonsilver tattoos.

"We were actually just heading out to find some of the beans required for the brewing, but I suppose you could join us if that interested you. I'm sure Marik won't mind."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Syv's brow arched at her nephew's remark, then she just burst into laughter - a strange thing indeed for the usually serious woman.

"Oh, poor, poor Wana. Both his sister and his son are now horrible monsters. I wonder what he did to deserve this punishment!"
    It took a moment for her to regain her composture, the situation was just too ironic.
    "Anyway, my initiation was performed by a wise woman in the far southeast. She taught me much, and she also divined that if I found my Mate then both of us would achieve greatness. That's why I've been wandering for the last few years."

She then looked over at Sinri with an appreciative stare.

"Thank you for the offer, and I think my companions will want to join too."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Slip gets up and helps the kid up. She was fine, but kid probably wasn't as hardy.

"Ey lady! Watch it, you could 'urt the kid!" She dusts herself and the kid off. "If I wasn't goin to meet a prince i'd 'ave thrashed you right good!" She takes the boy's hand.

Spoiler: (Roll kept to show it had a chance dammit, someday third excellency... someday...)
    Show
    No she totally was out of the way! 4 motes personal to reroll dexterity + dodge! +2 acrobatic dodges!

Also a Wits + Awareness just to sense it coming. 8 dice
    (8d10)[5][2][4][7][2][10][4][6](40)
    Stunt if any
    (3d10)[2][1][4](7)

Dodge
    (10d10)[7][10][3][6][1][7][8][5][1][3](51)

Stunt if any
    (3d10)[7][2][8](17)
    Last edited by Kell_tamer; 2014-08-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: The third excellency must continue to remain an unloved stepchild