New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds III - Second Most Dangerous Game

[Animal Round-Up]

Maria starts walking west. Well, it's not really walking, but more of the hovering-thing. It's a really efficient mode of travel. Your legs don't get tired. (Of course, it only means you have to exercise more to burn away all those calories, but...)

Going west.

It looks like much of the same, but eventually...

A large obsidian lioness leaps out of the dirt! It had waited until both Maria and Ivaz passed its underground hiding spot. Then, it growled and pounced out of the dirt at whichever one of the two were in the back.

So, if Ivaz was following Maria, then Ivaz gets pounced at. If Ivaz broke out ahead, Maria was pounced at and knocked out of the air to the ground.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #122

AMEN Animal Round-up

Ivaz does indeed follow Maria, making her the first target.

The lioness won't find her an easy grab, though.

As soon as she leaps out, Ivaz feels her shadow and moves accordingly. She dives to her righy, rolling as she hits the ground. She draws her gun and aims it at the creature, firing off a few bursts of lightning at it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #123

AMEN Animal Round-up

As everyone has learned from Pokemon, lightning is completely ineffective against rock, (and this lioness is made out of obsidian). Unless, of course, your name is Pikachu, in which case you should just use more lightning.

So, the bursts of lightning don't completely take down the lioness.

The lioness, having missed, circles back and begins circling around Ivaz. It seems the lioness is trying to flank Ivaz and take her down first - because of the whole lightning thing. Lightning hurts.

Meanwhile, Maria has backed up a little and - for some reason - has pulled out a pair of rusty scissors from...somewhere. Who knows from where, since she's wearing a dress. Almost as if the lioness isn't even there, she begins stabbing the blades into her own hand over and over, all while humming some little tune.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #124

AMEN Animal Round-Up

At least it isn't Ground.

Ivaz turns on the spot, keeping the lioness in sight. She'd like to try and reach into her shadow for another weapon, but doing so would be like asking the creature to rip out her throat.

And she likes her throat right where it is.

She does notice Maria's actions. And finds them very, very odd. Oh well. She's a crazy lady. Might not have even noticed the lioness yet.

Could always try the fear burst.

Need to be closer first.

To try and coax the lioness into acting, Ivaz fires off some more lightning at it. Might not do a whole lot, but it'll at least annoy the beast.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Jax meets up with Sophia and comes to a landing.

"Will you need my help with the other one? If so, we need to act sooner than later. Using these wings is extremely tiring, but it won't hit me until I cancel them."

What he neglects to mention (but could be figured out by an observant person) is that the longer he uses them, the bigger the backlash will be. If he canceled the wings right now he'd merely be exhausted. If he kept them active for a prolonged fight, he'll be too tired to even stand up.
    Sophia shakes her head.
    I got this one.
    Sophia then speeds off on her 3dmg, and swiftly swings by and kills the titan with a cut to the neck, before returning and signaling Jaziran that the mission is complete via flare that he was totally told about earlier as a signal for that.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia shakes her head.
    I got this one.
    Sophia then speeds off on her 3dmg, and swiftly swings by and kills the titan with a cut to the neck, before returning and signaling Jaziran that the mission is complete via flare that he was totally told about earlier as a signal for that.
    "Sares."

The Ruby Wings slow to a stop, merging together into a cloak once more, and Jax shudders as if hit by a hammer - and a big hammer at that. He looks (and feels) like he's run a straight mile. He laughs weakly as he tries to catch his breath. "You... you make that look... look easy..."

After a brief moment he seems to have recovered sufficiently. He looks at remnants of the dead Titan and the still struggling trapped one, and nods. "No, I don't think I'd live here if I had the choice, either. The wildlife seems most troublesome."
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #127

AMEN Animal Round-Up

Maria finishes stabbing her hand, and looks up. She turns her head and sees the lioness. She squeezes her fist and lets the blood drip. She blinks. She stops humming.

As everyone knows, obsidian is a poor electrical conductor. So it does exactly as much as expected.

The lioness growls, and leans down for a pounce. Then, she leaps at Ivaz with her razor claws sticking out.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #128

AMEN Animal Round-up

Ivaz smirks as the lioness crouches. She tenses up her legs a bit, ready to spring. She knew those shots wouldn't do much. She just wanted the thing to attack.

As soon as it leaps, Ivaz dives to the side, swinging her arm towards where it'll land. When it does land, it may find itself sinking into its own shadow a bit. Enough to keep it from lifting its legs.

If that does work, Ivaz will stroll over to it, away from its head. She smirks and places the end of the barrel right against the lioness. The gun hums a bit as its energy charges up.

Don't disappoint me, Calypso.

Suddenly, there's a burst of energy at the end of the gun, sending small flames out of it. The creature will also be subjected to horrifying images being burned into its eyes. If it's affected by that sort of thing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #129

"Sares."

The Ruby Wings slow to a stop, merging together into a cloak once more, and Jax shudders as if hit by a hammer - and a big hammer at that. He looks (and feels) like he's run a straight mile. He laughs weakly as he tries to catch his breath. "You... you make that look... look easy..."

After a brief moment he seems to have recovered sufficiently. He looks at remnants of the dead Titan and the still struggling trapped one, and nods. "No, I don't think I'd live here if I had the choice, either. The wildlife seems most troublesome."
    The dead titan is slowly evaporating into steam, oddly.
    It was may job back home, and my equipment was made for that, after all. The gigantic bastards are easy to kill if you're fast and have swift reflexes. To kill a titan you must cut through the nape of it's neck, you see.
    Sophia replies, before calling a number on a cell phone..

10. - Top - End - #130
    Firbolg in the Playground

The dead titan is slowly evaporating into steam, oddly.
    It was may job back home, and my equipment was made for that, after all. The gigantic bastards are easy to kill if you're fast and have swift reflexes. To kill a titan you must cut through the nape of it's neck, you see.
    Sophia replies, before calling a number on a cell phone..
    "...yes? Ah, hey Sophia! ...mm... yeah, sure, I'll be there." Yuki hangs up his phone and launches himself into the air.

A while later, he lands beside Sophia and grins. "Ah, what do you have here...?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #131

Animal Round-up

The lioness sinks partway into its shadow. This really isn‘t much of a problem until it gets hit by all that fear. So much fear that the terror of the images burned into her mind reflects on her face. Fire. Bleeding. Death. Not getting enough food for her cubs. A more powerful lioness. Fire again.

The animal tries to get out. She struggles to get out and flee, but...she can‘t. Eventually the adrenaline stops and she drops in exhaustion.

Maria blinks at the lioness. She gives a ‘good job‘. The blood sill drips from her hand.

I want you to come up with the next one; otherwise, it‘ll be another boring non-werewolf animal.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #132

Animal Round-up

((Okey dokey. Next post.))

Ivaz grins widely as she spins Calypso around a bit. Oh, baby, momma likes you.

Then she holsters the weapon and sets about tying up the animal.

So, ya done stabbing yourself? Ivaz asks as she reaches into her shadow and pulls out the gun she dropped in earlier.

Because, if you are, we can go ahead and find the last animal. Ivaz starts walking off in the direction they were heading in before. And if not, well, I'll just leave you behind.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #133

Animal Round-Up

Maria holds out her bloody hand. It looks like a big smear around it. I apologize for not using speechcolor right now. “Does it look like I‘m done?“ she asks, her tone indicating that the answer should be obvious.

Her scissors are disappeared again.

Maria begins hovering off in the direction they were headed. Seems the answer was, in fact, ‘yes‘.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #134

AMEN Animal Round-up

Ivaz shrugs a bit. Hell if I know. You're kind of crazy. I don't know crazy like you.

After a bit of walking, Ivaz suddenly stops. She looks to her left, then closes her eyes for a brief moment. When she opens them, she turns towards Maria with a grin.

I got the last one. This one's yours.

A larve, dark shape is moving towards them pretty fast. Soon, they can tell that it is a bear. A very big bear. Its claws shine in the sunlight, as does its fur. Its eyes are a bright red. And it looks mildly upset.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "...yes? Ah, hey Sophia! ...mm... yeah, sure, I'll be there." Yuki hangs up his phone and launches himself into the air.

A while later, he lands beside Sophia and grins. "Ah, what do you have here...?"
    "Something that makes me long for my next fight with something a little more straight forward. Like a dragon." Did Sophia honestly just call them 'easy to kill'? A creature like that could kill whole armies before anyone got a lucky strike to the back of the neck. It didn't even resist his magic, it just soaked the damage and continued running as if it'd never happened. Well, maybe it's just a question of training. Jericho could have killed them both easily enough, after all.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2014-08-26 at 01:37 PM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

16. - Top - End - #136

"Something that makes me long for my next fight with something a little more straight forward. Like a dragon." Did Sophia honestly just call them 'easy to kill'? A creature like that could kill whole armies before anyone got a lucky strike to the back of the neck. It didn't even resist his magic, it just soaked the damage and continued running as if it'd never happened. Well, maybe it's just a question of training. Jericho could have killed them both easily enough, after all.
    Sophia chuckles.
    Well, they kinda are if you know how to kill them. It's an abnormal as promised, Yuki!
    Sophia replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #137

((So, I talked to Hatter over the IRC, and letting the animals loose in Skyside would coincide pretty well with the blackout that was talked about on the Wall that's going to happen there soon. Also, other stuff.))

[AMEN Animal Round-Up]

Maria nods and floats over towards the bear.

"The bear went over the mountain," Maria says, a smile creeping on her face again, even as it still approaches, "and what do you think he saw?"

In her left hand (the one that has "Tick" scratched onto the forearm, not the one damaged by the scissors), she gets three Reaper Peppers - well over 2 million Scoville Heat Units - and crushes them. Then, she waits, as the bear continues charging. "Tock. Tock. Tock." She repeats this as the bear comes closer, until it's close enough to hit her.

Then, she throws the crushed peppers at the bear's eyes. She breaks out in laughter, regardless of what happens next.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #138

AMEN Animal Round-up

((Sounds like a plan to me!))

The bear roars in pain as its eyes are assaulted with liquid hell. However, that doesn't stop it dead in its tracks. It veers off to its right and continues forward a ways before coming to a halt and rubbing its face on the ground, trying to get the remnants of the peppers out of its eyes.

Hopefully, Maria moved to dodge a little bit. Otherwise, she would likely have been clipped by it as it ran past. Which would be bad. Not only would she feel like she got hit by a truck, but its fur would've torn at her clothes and skin. Not fun.

Ivaz bursts out laughing as the bear is hit with the peppers. She thought that was brilliant and hilarious.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #139

AMEN Animal Round-up

Nope. Maria didn't even bother to dodge at all. It knocks her backwards and upwards and she (still hovering) rights herself in the air. Her gray dress is somewhat torn and her side is bleeding. If I didn't know better, I'd say she actually liked it.

She floats towards the bear again, at the same speed as one would walk. She holds her right hand - the one still dripping with self-inflicted wounds whenever she squeezes - out over part of the bear's fur. "Come, now," she tells the bear. "It's didn't hurt that much." Drip. Drip. Drip.

The blood doesn't do anything yet, by the way.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #140

AMEN Animal Round-up

Ivaz can still be heard chuckling as Maria approaches the bear.

The creature continues rubbing its face in the dirt for a bit longer, before finally realizing that's a lost cause. Dirt won't be enough to get that stuff out of its eyes.

When she speaks, the bear turns towards her and swipes, trying to hit her. Given that its eyes are mostly closed, crazy red, and almost filled with tears, it's a safe assumption that it can't actually see her. Reinforcing that conclusion is that its nostrils are flaring a lot. Seems like it's trying to sniff her out.

Good chance of him missing with that strike, really.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sophia chuckles.
    Well, they kinda are if you know how to kill them. It's an abnormal as promised, Yuki!
    Sophia replies.
    Yuki hurries over to the titan corpse and leans in to start examining it. "Oh, wonderful... what even is this substance? It's evaporating...?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki hurries over to the titan corpse and leans in to start examining it. "Oh, wonderful... what even is this substance? It's evaporating...?"
    Jax yawns, stretching. The fatigue from using the wings was wearing off, but he was still quite tired. "Conjured flesh, at a guess. At least, it behaves in a similar manner. Using magic to construct living flesh on an ad hoc basis is very tricky, you see - a very fine balance of energies must be maintained in order to qualify as viable. Traditionally life essence is used to regulate the energies properly, resulting in it typically being used to create grafts, repairs, and temporary enhancements on living people. Take away the life essence and the energies that feed it go out of balance, quite spectacularly more often than not... Most magic that deals in conjured flesh includes a dispersal contingency in the case of death, so that it dissipates quickly and harmlessly, to keep things like that from happening."
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2014-08-28 at 09:09 AM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

23. - Top - End - #143

[AMEN Animal Round-Up]

For once, I won't have my character get injured. Not only is the bear unable to see well, Maria is also hovering slightly above the ground which might throw the bear off a little. The bear missed.

Once she's done dripping the thick red hand-juice on the bear, she starts to speak something that will totally give away her position to the bear. "Little bear, little bear, don't you dare go home," she says. As she says this, the blood dripped on the bear suddenly starts to smoke and burn. The symbol she cut into her hand also begins glowing and smoking, but it doesn't burn. "Your house is on fire and your children are gone." Maria continues smiling.

In the time it takes for her to reach the end of that sentence, the dripped blood will have not just gone hot but also exploded - having explosive shockwaves large enough to blow Maria's hair around. She doesn't seem to mind.

((Edit: Since the blackout thing's already happening soon in Skyside, we should have a post there really soon too. However, if you don't want this to end just yet here, then we can have it keep on going simultaneously and we can just assume a result.))
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-08-28 at 04:43 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #144

AMEN Animal Round-up

((Nah, we can wrap this up and get over there.))

The bear does try to attack her again, but with her floating and him still being blind, he misses again. He doesn't seem to like this at all.

When the burning starts, the bear roars in pain again. He tries to reach where the blood is to remove whatever is hurting him. However, it then explodes. The shock wave does its job and knocks the bear out. It tumbles to the ground.

Ivaz starts applauding, a grin on her face. Well done, crazy lady. Well done. So, this the last one? We ready to go terrorize people with these?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #145

[AMEN Animal Round-Up]

((Okay.))

"Yes," she says, getting a rope to tie up the bear as well in case it comes conscious again later.

"Wait," says Maria, remembering something. She stops what she was doing. "Midnight. I almost forgot. At midnight, all the lights are going to go out in Skyside." She laughs, for almost no apparent reason. "We'll bring the animals up, but hold the party off until after the lights go out. Then it can be a surprise party."

After they get the animals there, though, Maria will be instructed to hold off on the rhino thing until an hour or two or three later. But that still leaves the bear and the lioness for now, so...that's cool.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #146

AMEN Animal Round-up

Ivaz grins. Sweet. So, you bring the animals, I bring the paint and bombs? Where do you wanna meet up?

Ivaz was actually planning on bringing more than three bombs. Because if people catch the animals, then the bombs can be taken care of. And Ivaz was really in the mood for explosive destruction. Might as well plant more bombs around, right?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #147

AMEN Animal Round-up

Maria already begins devising ways to get them all up there.

"If it's not past your bedtime, I'll meet you anytime before quarter to midnight. I have something to do just after then," she says. It's the only way I can think of to make continuity work with what's already happened there. We can either post a back-in-time post there, or we can just already know what they did right then. "The beasts will be in an abandoned warehouse, at 333 Second Avenue, in the Thunderhead."

She'll also be there, until midnight strikes.

Before midnight, Ivaz will have all the time in the world to set up bombs. I'm sure they will discuss a way to ensure the bombs won't get affected by the EMP blast. "Remember, most the electricity will go out at midnight." Ivaz can definitely come up with ways to get around that, too.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #148

Jax yawns, stretching. The fatigue from using the wings was wearing off, but he was still quite tired. "Conjured flesh, at a guess. At least, it behaves in a similar manner. Using magic to construct living flesh on an ad hoc basis is very tricky, you see - a very fine balance of energies must be maintained in order to qualify as viable. Traditionally life essence is used to regulate the energies properly, resulting in it typically being used to create grafts, repairs, and temporary enhancements on living people. Take away the life essence and the energies that feed it go out of balance, quite spectacularly more often than not... Most magic that deals in conjured flesh includes a dispersal contingency in the case of death, so that it dissipates quickly and harmlessly, to keep things like that from happening."
    Sophia shakes her head.
    It's likely not magic, but as far as I can assume the flesh is as light as a feather due to the fact a being so large could likely not support itself. It's likely that the back of the neck stores a source of life the body is supported by, and the flesh evaporates due to the life source being removed, causing the flesh to no longer be powered on, so to speak. That could also explain why removed titan flesh evaporates and is replaced.
    Sophia replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #149

AMEN Animal Round-up

Past my bed time? Hah!

Ivaz has thought of a way to get around the EMP. I'll leave the bombs in my shadow till after the power goes out. Then I'll strap them to the animals and let them go. The chaos will be great to watch.

Unless Maria has more to discuss, Ivaz will find a nice shadow in the area and go right through, on her way to prep for the fun.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

The striped pool

The adventurer will find themselves on a craggy plateau faced with a large misshapen pool of bubblegum pink and cotton candy blue liquid, bubbling and steaming with the scent of candy filling the air. If the color didn't mark it as unnatural, a similar colored hand starting to reach out of it does.