Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 272
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    This is an Eberron campaign for the badphilosophy subreddit. The current makeup of the party is:

    Henri, the CG Human Beguiler, the apocalyptic street preacher who proclaims the doom of this world is at hand due to technology.

    Rigoberta, the CG Frog Seer, the most beautiful frog in the world, brought to intelligence by a mad druid.

    Tyrus Von Hammersmark, the LG Human Archivist, a theologian in service of the Church of the Silver Flame, dedicated to purging evil from the land

    Do-Ra, the NG Changeling Factotum, an experiment by House Thurranni gone horribly right, with the fusion of the Dragonmark of Shadows to an unborn changeling. He's now on the run from his former creators.

    Grippilin Tippilin, the CG Gnome Factotum, [backstory not yet stated]

    Fargus, the CG Goblin Bard, a former slave for Gnolls, he is determined to eradicate every one he meets.

    Ragar Flagar, the NG Half-Orc Monk, [backstory not yet stated]



    The campaign begins on an Orien Caravan heading for Siyar from Flamekeep. Tyrus Von Hammersmark has been sent by the Church to deal with some complaints coming from the local Priest about events occurring in his parish that he's simply too busy to deal with. On his way to the Caravan, he wandered across a crazy street preacher for the Sovereign Host. He engaged in a theological debate, and lost track of time. A short while later a nearby clocktower rang out that he was about to miss his caravan. He made his goodbyes and apologized to the preacher as he hurried away. Unfortunately, this wasn't acceptable to Henri, who stowed away on the caravan to continue the discussion.

    In their wagon, there's also a great brute of a half-orc with red hair obviously bored who's looking around impatiently, a gnome picking his left hand fingernails with a blade that's attached to his other wrist, two hooded figures who are keeping to themselves, and a frog who's sitting silently and inconspicuously at the bottom of the wagon.

    (Feel free to talk to each other)
    Last edited by atnorman; 2014-08-02 at 12:18 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Tyrus looks around, nodding at his traveling companions.


    "So....." He begins, a little hesitantly, "Did one of you let their familiar loose, or do we have a stowaway frog in the wagon?"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "Aye Tyrus, we do." Says one of the men in hoods. he slides the cloth back to reveal a generic looking human face with dark hair and pale eyes. "Long time no see my friend. Still haven't gotten over your compulsion of stating the obvious I see. How have you been?"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "Why are ya makin' such a big deal about a little frog? Just toss the warty thing outside if you're so scared of it," the great orc said. turning his head slightly to face Tyrus.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Little Rigoberta clasped her psicrystal with her four limbs. No one could see it under her body.
    "I ain't no 'lil frog', mistuh big feet! Y'all talkin' 'bout a strong, independent toad!", she cried.
    Last edited by Waldorfww; 2014-08-02 at 06:18 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "Eternal Flame!" announced an astounded Tyrus.

    "An old friend, and a talking toad!" He then nods towards her. "I'm Tyrus. Theologian of the Silver Flame." and extends a hand, then thinks better of it.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "I'm Rigoberta. I be trainin' da powuh of da mind. Real good powuh, I tell ya. I'd shake your hand if I could, you silly thing."
    Last edited by Waldorfww; 2014-08-02 at 06:34 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Henri stifles a yawn as he wakes up underneath a canvas tarp. As the other inhabitants of the wagon seem to be introducing themselves, he waits for a lull in the conversation before climbing out from the tarp and announcing his presence. An awkward silence follows a frog toad introducing herself.

    "Well met, Rigoberta," says Henri after he pulls the tarp away. "I am Henri. Might I ask how a talking toad found her way into this wagon? Von Hammersmark here told me that this was a religious journey and toads don't seem the type to concern themselves with the divine. No offense."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "You better think 'bout what you sayin' 'bout dem toads", replied Rigoberta. "It's kinda right, though. But I ain't no common toad. This theo-whatsitsname you got goin' on is real interesting for me. I'll be honest with you though, sleepy guy: I like jumpin' on wagons n'seeing where dey go. First time someone notices me, too. Gotta congratulate your Golden Fire buddy."

    "Stop talking to strangers, Rigoberta". Her Psicrystal wasn't very talkative - but he liked to scold her whenever she did risky things. "Do you want these religious zealots to eat you alive, dear? Because I know for a fact that some humans do like eating frog for dinner". Rigoberta ignored the male voice in her head.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Looking at Rigoberta reminds Henri of his favorite delicacy before becoming an impoverished street preacher: frog legs. He grabs an apple from inside his well-worn robes.

    "This is my first in a long while," says Henri between bites, "but I've done my fair share of wagon hopping. Haven't seen many toads though." Turning towards Tyrus: "Congrats on finding a toad. But I do hope you realize that this can only be another sign of The Flood. As I was explaining earlier, Nature knows what is coming and is preparing. After humans have drowned in our sins, her sentient toads and fish will reign over the world."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Tyrus laughs.

    "There are many strange things in the world, friend! The frog is strange, but hardly evidence for your ever approaching eschaton."

    He then grows more serious...

    "Besides, were there some truly divine portend of the end, would it not be trumped from all corners of the world by those who follow the sovereign host?"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    The gnome blinks as if he just started listening to the conversation. He closes his blade with a flick of his wrist and leans forward.

    "Er, actually, toads need to breathe air, so if the humans have all drowned, the toads have all drowned too."

    He looks around as if he's waiting for someone to agree with him, but then sits back against the bench. Then promptly leans forward again.

    "And yeah, what's this about all you people drowning?"
    Last edited by HighSalinity; 2014-08-02 at 10:00 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "Some silly superstition, I'm sure." Ragar scoffed. He turned to look at the crazy preacher. "Your type is a dime a dozen in any large city. Fearmongerers seeking some scant profit off of the guilable. Or simply the insane." Ragar leaned forward. "Which type are you?"
    Last edited by Waytfm; 2014-08-02 at 10:37 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "He sounds sane enough to me."

    The smaller hooded figure leans forward a bit, sliding his hood back, revealing the yellow-green face of a goblin with blue eyes and white hair.

    "Though I'm about as ignorant as the gnome on the whole subject."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Tyrus holds his hand up, and says to Ragnar

    "Reasonable people can come to seemingly mad solutions. I've spoken at some length with Henri. His ideas are strange, but he's not a common grifter. By my measure at least."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    A Wide smile spreads across Do-Ra's bringing a new light and sharpness to an other wide unremarkable figure. "It has been a long time since I have traveled with such an interesting party. But let us hold off on the insults and veiled threats until we introduce ourselves, then at least our quips will hold traction. My name is Do-Ra, a human wanderer on another leg of an endless journey."

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Ragnar exhales and fixes his gaze on Do-Ra.

    "High functioning insanity is alright, I guess. You can call me Ragar. I'm hoping to find something in Siyar."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    As the conversation progresses, the day begins turning into evening and the caravan begins entering a small forrest. A decision is made to spend the night here, slightly off the road.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Do-Ra helps start a fire and throws up a hammock between 2 trees. "I have a little bread and salted meat. Would any one like to share?"
    Last edited by ISetPandasOFire; 2014-08-03 at 01:17 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "I wouldn't mind a bite to eat," the goblin responds to Do-Ra.

    "My name is Fargus, by the way. You can also call me Farg, or Gus. Whichever suits your fancy. Anything beats 'Hey! You!'"

    He takes a seat by the beginnings of the fire, offering assistance.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    " Of course Gus" Do-Ra says handing him a small portion of food. " I have met many goblins in my journey very few of them travel alone and fewer yet with such motley crews. What brings you this way? "

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "I guess you could say I'm on a sort of 'adventure' kick," Fargus says while taking a too-big bite of bread.

    "past coupla' years I've been just goin place to place, sleepin' wherever, listening to just about any story anyone was willing to tell. Tellin' a couple myself."

    "Though I must say that you civilized folk do come up with some of the crazier ones."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Listen:

    (1d20+5)[7]

    (1d20+4)[20]

    (1d20+2)[17]

    (1d20+2)[14]

    (1d20+1)[19]

    (1d20)[15]

    (1d20+6)[12]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Everyone but Henri hears some movement from in the forest (you're parked on the edge).

    You also notice that the guards from the caravan are gone.

    (Also, the 20 should be 26 on the role)
    Last edited by atnorman; 2014-08-03 at 04:07 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Ragar's head perks up.

    "There something crawling around out there? Did anyone else hear that?"

    He stands up and turns in the direction of the sound.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "I heard it" begins Tyrus, then stops.... "wait... where are the guards?!"
    Last edited by Tyrus_V.H.; 2014-08-03 at 04:12 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "They were here a moment ago. We should be cautious." Henri reaches for his nearby walking staff. "Where is the sound coming from?"

    [atnorman: what is the lighting like?]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Low light.

    Everyone can hear a rustling coming from the forest.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    "Who goes there?" Asks Tyrus, rising to look in the direction of the sound

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

    Fargus stands, positioning the fire between himself and the noise in the bushes.

    "Maybe it is the guards?"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •