New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

The Rigoberta-crystal stack sits silently on Tyrus' shoulder.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ragar sheeplishly follows the rest of the group inside.

3. - Top - End - #273

When they get inside, Tyrus situates himself at the front of the group, and puts on his most tranquil, pious expression.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well.....", the mayor explains, "we don't actually know if it's a werewolf... We've had cattle gone missing or die in line with the periods one would expect if it was a werewolf, but nobody has actually seen what's taking and killing the cattle."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"Has any one tried to stay out at night and keep an eye out for the offending party?"

6. - Top - End - #276

"Just hazarding a guess, but I think that's why we're here." Says Tyrus to his friend.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

" So how long has this been happening? Is there any evidence aside from a temporal coincidence to support you theory? unusual claw marks on trees tufts of hair left in the area some one looking particularly exhausted or well fed the day after." ( OOC: private to GM when is the next full moon)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Just the temporal evidence. And the blood everywhere when we find remains."

(Eberron has 12 moons, and there's a full moon on average 19 days a month. The next one was tonight, and it's a double. You probably understand a little better why the temporal evidence is compelling, if it happens every night except for when there isn't a full moon at all, and also why werewolves are such persona non grata in Eberron)
    Last edited by atnorman; 2014-09-19 at 06:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"Well I think we have our work cut out for us. We will stake out the flock tonight. I suggest we don't tell anyone what we are doing. If indeed it is a werewolf and he is of this village we do not want to spook him and force him to act fearfully or erratically. If asked let it be know that the envoys from the church of the silver flame do not see a credible threat as normal predator attacks are not uncommon in the area, and will take a few days rest before formally beginning the required investigation. Anybody have objections or ideas."

10. - Top - End - #280

That's good. In the interim, let's head out that way and start the watch as soon as possible. Every night we wait, a farmer is loosing his livelyhood

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you walk through the settlement towards the pasture area, you can look around at the town, taking note of a blacksmith's forge and a small inn. A few children are running around, teasing and poking at (playfully) a young red haired boy. You can hear the sounds of some hammering coming of from the blacksmith's, as the town appears idyllic, rather serene.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Grippilin tries to think up some strategies.

"So how are we going to set this watch up? Elevated platform? Dig a trench? Or are we just going to stand around a field and try not to die?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I doubt we can dig a large enough trench to matter. It might be best to just stake out the fields tonight. If we see a werewolf, we can gear up the next night and be better prepared."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"Lets gear up now. We can hide out up in the trees, two man teams spread out about 30 feet from each other should be safe and secure."

15. - Top - End - #285

Tyrus strokes his chin.

"hmm, yes, two groups... then the ones who run slowest will be eaten first" He says, then laughs and adds "Oops, did I say that out loud"

After a moment, he follows up with "A jest. I think two groups is a fine idea, thought."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"No, groups of two. I will pair with Tyrus cause he seems to be in a manic mood."

17. - Top - End - #287

"I'm just excited. Werewolf slayer is a fine title to have. Maybe my head is full of stories, but the glory of striking down evil has always been alluring."

He says.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"Werewolves are not necessarily evil. A lot of the time the are just regular people who gave found them selves in a bad situation through no fault of our own our job it to identify and stop the possible culprit/culprits, not to necessarily kill them out of hand. the reason fro the silver weaponry is as a precaution. As my sensei always said. speak with subdued breath but carry a very large sword".

19. - Top - End - #289

"That's odd. Mine said 'Lycanthropes are evil.' in not so many words" said Tyrus, adding,

"I suppose I can conceded that most of the time, those who suffer from it are victims of a larger evil, and not truly culpable, but it is none the less an evil that must be stamped out."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"Look I will cede the point that they are dangerous creature that need some sort of control, but that does not exclusively mean killing. We live in much ore enlightened times, not everything different has to be slain for the glory of the Gods. We need to identify him and let the town decide while urging caution and temperance. Somewhere this poor afflicted man woman or child has family and a life. He is probably terrified out of his mine about his terrible secret but he has shown enough control never to harm another sentient. He is begging to be helped and we where sent to be that helping hand, let us not carry a dagger of treachery behind our back."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

So do you set up and wait?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Yes. Do Ra splits off with Tyrus and climbs a tree.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Grippilin looks for somewhere where he can take cover while watching the field. He doesn't care about the grand moral implications behind werewolves much, but he's not looking to fight.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

Fargus follows the example set by Do Ra and Tyrus and goes off to climb his own tree.

"Ragar, would you care to join me in my tree? I could surely use some hefty backup."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night begins to fall. (Choose the watches however you want, I'll wait)

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Grippilin takes part of the first watch. He climbs up a short way into a tree -low enough that jumping out wouldn't be a difficult undertaking- and tries to make himself hard to see using his green cloak and small stature.

[I guess I'll just roll a Hide check then? Or does it count as taking 20?]

(1d20+7)[14]

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

Since Gripplin doesn't seem to have a partner, Henri will pair off with him and allow him to take first watch.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ragar walks over to the tree where Fargus stands and settles in for the watch.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Do-Ra takes first watch for team.

30. - Top - End - #300

Rigoberta whispers to Tyrus:

"Pssst, y'all should know that I'm not going to be very useful in all this wolf-killing mumbo jumbo. "