New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

Henri goes to find a place where he can watch the pub while begging for food. He'll wait until he sees Tyrus before joining up.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Rigoberta orders her psicrystal to hop onto the archivist, finding a cozy spot on his shoulder.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by weaklyineffable View Post
    Henri goes to find a place where he can watch the pub while begging for food. He'll wait until he sees Tyrus before joining up.
    Grippilin buys him lunch. He inquires about magic; he likes to ask the arcane spellcasters he meets how it feels to cast a spell.

4. - Top - End - #154

Tyrus heads off towards the church.

"This is exciting! My first real assignment." Tyrus confides to the frog.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Fargus goes along with Gripplin and Henri to the pub and buys himself a meal before sitting down and talking with the others.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

When you get to the church, you see the local priest, (who you know from your time in the church, based on his garb is a theocrat and obviously runs the surrounding area) who's incredibly swamped with work. In his office there are mounds of paper surrounding him, and he works intently on them.

7. - Top - End - #157

"Hello, sir. I'm the one they sent from Flamekeep. I've arrived." Says Tyrus.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

He looks up and turns visibly pale.

"They only sent one of you?!"

9. - Top - End - #159

"Is that a problem?" Asks Tyrus, apprehension creeping into his tone." What's going on?"
    Last edited by Tyrus_V.H.; 2014-08-12 at 12:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HighSalinity View Post
    Grippilin buys him lunch. He inquires about magic; he likes to ask the arcane spellcasters he meets how it feels to cast a spell.
    Henri describes the feeling of arcane power flowing through one's body as a spiritual experience. Connecting with the raw powers of the universe allows one to transcend the self and see beyond petty mortal concerns.

Also, illusions are fun! Henri casts silent image, concentrating on an illusion of a small serpent made of flame dancing between the bowls and cups as they eat.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Recently" says the priest "there have been a large number of complaints and pleas for help. One settlement nearby seems to have a werewolf problem, another just disappeared, and everything is just incredibly busy as of late. I called for help in dealing with the actual issues while I deal with the paperwork as I'm forced to do, but I'm not sure that you'd be up to it, no offense meant."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

The people around you, Henri, glance over and look a bit disturbed.

13. - Top - End - #163

"Werewolves...." Tyrus says letting the word roll around in his mouth. "I may not be as alone as you think."

"Although not purified ones, I have been traveling with a group. Many of them seem inclined towards... Shall we say... Adventure."

He then cracks a wry smile. "One, in fact, is with me right now"
    Last edited by Tyrus_V.H.; 2014-08-12 at 01:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Indeed? Well, this might not be a massacre after all."

15. - Top - End - #165

"I'll gather them, and bring them here." Says Tyrus, turning to make his way out to the bar.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

"Don't worry," Henri calls out to the onlookers, "It is but a harmless illusion." The fiery snake lengthens its body which it then uses to spell out the word 'safe' floating a few inches above the table.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

As to not draw this out I will say that Do-Ra meets Tyrus as he is checking the bar. "Hey Tyrus, just in Time. We where all in here waiting on you. Did everything go as planned?" Do-Ra opens the door for the young man and the amphibian (still not sure if it is a frog or toad.)
    Last edited by ISetPandasOFire; 2014-08-12 at 02:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

"Uhh...." Begins Tyrus, "how would you feel about stopping some vicious werewolves?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Do-Ra blinks and says. "I feel like we better be getting paid for it. Come let us discuss this over drinks" Do-Ra gets a round of apple ale for the entire group when he joins the table with the glowing fire snake teaching letters and spelling to the illiterate townsfolk.

20. - Top - End - #170

Tyrus sidles down at the table. "So, this job ended up being a little more than a one man thing. This village A nearby village is being plagued by werewolves, and I wanted to ask if you lot cared to help them, and me." He then looks apprehensively at them, forcing a nervous half smile.
    Last edited by Tyrus_V.H.; 2014-08-12 at 06:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Do-Ra Takes a long drink form his ale savoring its sweet crisp bite and then says. "I'm in, if only for old times sake, but I have a few reservations. I always prefer peaceful resolutions but going in without any sort of silver weaponry seems foolhardy. Werwolves are not the same thing as a cocky unprepared highway bandit."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ISetPandasOFire View Post
    Do-Ra Takes a long drink form his ale savoring its sweet crisp bite and then says. "I'm in, if only for old times sake, but I have a few reservations. I always prefer peaceful resolutions but going in without any sort of silver weaponry seems foolhardy. Werwolves are not the same thing as a cocky unprepared highway bandit."
    (I assume we're all in the bar?)

Grippilin grimaces. He is not the wealthiest gnome, nor has he gotten spellcasting down yet.

"Well, even if diplomacy doesn't work, there are always ways to turn the odds in our favor, even before the fight begins. But werewolves are not a trivial for."

He pauses.

"I am 'in' for this venture, however."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Quick note, this town is not the one that is plagued by werewolves; the werewolves are plaguing a nearby town. This is just the head of the local government. County seat if you will.)

24. - Top - End - #174

"Werewolves? Sounds scary. Count me in!"

She hoped that the werewolves didn't like toad meat.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm in. But I would like to know more about how werewolves are 'plaguing' this village. Forgive me for this, but I don't immediately trust anything the Silver Flame says about werewolves."
    Last edited by weaklyineffable; 2014-08-13 at 09:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Tyrus narrows his eyes at Henri.

"I'm sure the people who have lost family and wealth to these beasts would be happy to tell you all about them, when we get there."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm just sayin', let's not go in there with killing all of them as our first option."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"Nobody is saying we go in there swords a whistlin', lopping heads off first and asking questions later. I am just saying that we need silver just incase. You don't go to talks with vampires without a holy symbol and a clove of garlic and you do not go to talks with werwolves without silver. If you are going to try and make peace with something that considers you part of the menu make sure you can kill it, or at least escape alive if things go south."
    Last edited by ISetPandasOFire; 2014-08-13 at 03:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

OOC: So sorry guys, I've been super busy the past few days. This completely got pushed out of my mind. Can I retcon so that Ragar went with Tyrus to talk to the priest? I'll assume the answer's yes, and I'll fix it if I can't go with Tyrus. /OOC

Ragar grunts.

"Seems interestin' enough. I'll come see what sort of little puppies you're dealing with, at the very least. Probably just some large rats."

30. - Top - End - #180

"It's great to have you all on board,"
    says Tyrus. "What say you all after we drink we head back to the church to discuss the details with the theocrat?"

He then glances at Do-Ra, "As far as equipment, I would hope the church will loan us what we need, but if they do not, we will simply have to make do."