New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion II: Where Simplicity Goes to Die

I DIDN'T REALIZE I TYPED THIS MUCH!!! (A continuation of my last two posts, god damn page breaks)

Spoiler: The Last, Immemorial Mythos
    Show
    Immemorial: Flowering Ubiquitous Body-of-Conflict Edification

Prerequisites: -

The day has come. From humble beginnings, from birth, you were believed to be on a path, set in stone by the powers that be, long before this Earth. You were channeled, like a river, to be another citizen, another member of the community, another commoner for whom greatness was not in the books. But something happened. At some point, you took up blade, or bow, or merely raised your fists. For selfish reasons, for noble means, for protection, in rage, the reason doesn't matter. What does matter is what you stumbled upon: the Iron Mythos.

From that point, you have forged your own path. In the face of adversity, you stood tall. Against overwhelming odds, you turned the tides. In times of need, you where the harbinger. Arms, Knowledge, Strength, Cunning, Conviction, Bravery, all steps you climbed to reach reach that eternal pinnacle. And from atop that mountain, you did not look down at those you surpassed. Rather, again you looked up, and saw a new horizon for which to strive.

Cities emptied at the mention of your passing, but it was not enough. Mountains crumbled and waves split with but a wave of your weapons, but it was not enough. Entire armies marched to your doorstep and each met his end by your hand, and yet it was not enough. Even in death, you persisted, growing your legacy, mastering your craft, opening every door presented to you. And in the end, you found that which you most needed: Truth. And the truth, as they say, has set you free. Free from your earthly tether, your grasp of what was and what was not possible, free to become what you knew you would become. By the strength, will, and determination of you and your peers, you have become something new. You have become Complete.

First comes the strengthening of your bond to the world. You gain bonus Incarnum equal to your strength modifier. You also gain two [Incarnum] Feats of your choice. In addition to these effects, you now have the ability to have a soulmeld and a magic item occupying the same body slot/chakra, and this bonus applies to all chakras. For purposes of the Crown chakra, you can now have two soulmelds occupying the chakra as well as a magic item. If you have two soulmelds bound to your crown chakra, you no longer need to damage a target to force the save from your “Will of the Crownless King” class feature. Merely gazing upon your perfection can cause the grandest blade to waiver.

Next comes the strengthening of your ties to your closest allies. Whenever you and one of your Vassals have the same chakra bound to the same slot, both your own and the vassals chakra are considered to have 2 additional incarnum bound to them, even if it would pass the maximum incarnum you can have bound to a chakra. In addition, each Vassal gains the choice to lose a number of levels up to and including the amount of levels they currently possess, and cash them in for an equal level of Bellator levels, though a Vassal may never possess any number of levels in the “Tiger-General Sovereign” Class. Lastly, so long as they are on the same plane as you, your vassals are considered to be within 300 feet of you for purposes of Will of the Crownless King and Sublime Monarch Empowerment. As a free action, you can call a Vassal to yourself, or will yourself to where ever one of your vassals stands.

Then comes the strengthening of your connection to the immortal conflict. With each battle, you seek stronger, smarter, grander challenges. You are instantly and eternally aware of any conflict, from grand battle to small skirmish to political debate to friendly competition, within (100 x Your Level x Your Number of Absorbed Lives x 5) feet of yourself, or half that amount originating from one of your vassals. With some concentration (a minor action), you can cancel out the lesser conflicts, but any combat or contest that ends in bloodshed is instantly brought to the forefront of your thoughts. Each time you, alone, kill a creature with a higher ability score than you, you may absorb a part of its life, taking in that aspect of it which trumped even your own, but also gaining a complete and exact recollection of each and every conflict the creature was a part of. Your ability score increases to match that of the creature that of the creature whose life you have absorbed. Your vassals may do much the same, though there ability score may never be higher than your own through the use of this ability.

Next comes your development of your radiant glory. Your body shifts, morphs, and changes to become the perfect ideal of the Mythos you now embody. You no longer take any penalties in combat based on your size. It is just as easy for you to grapple a storm giant as it is to grasp a gold piece. You also are considered every any part of any creature whose life you have absorbed if it would be beneficial (I.E: If a magic door opens only for Fey, and you have just come back from slaying the Court of Stars, you count as a Fey. If a magic robe activates only for women, and you have just fell Wee Jas, the robe activates for you, etc.) You are considered a deity for intents and purposes of Mythos and Magic Items that require them, but not for gaining divine rank, worshippers, or clerics. You also gain a Fly Speed, with perfect maneuverability, equal to your strength modifier multiplied by 5, which doubles if you are moving towards a source of conflict. Whether this manifests as wings made from swords, whether corpses manifest under your feet, or perhaps you merely float, your choice of how this flight manifests is up to.

Finally, and most sadly, comes your sense of the Eternal Struggle. You are immediately aware, across any distance, of the name, face, and exact location of any living thing that possesses the “Flowering Ubiquitous Body-of-Conflict Edification” Mythos. Whenever they are within 100 feet, they develop an overwhelming sense of need and urgency to face one another. Your "Will of the Crownless King" Class Feature us rendered moot when in competition with another who possesses said Mythos. Furthermore, a Sovereign's Vassals cannot attack or injure a Sovereign who posses this mythos, and vice verse for the Sovereign unto the Vassals. When a Sovereign slays another Sovereign in fair combat, his being is not absorbed, nor does he merely die. No, the Sovereign is subsumed, becomes a part of the Iron Mythos itself. They cannot be returned to life by any means, and all his Vassals lose all bonuses attributed to them by the Sovereign. However, if he so desires, to prolong the endless conflict, the victorious Sovereign may instill in these Ex-Vassals the Immortal Truth, allowing them to, possibly, become Tiger-General Sovereign's themselves at some point.

Advanced:

Insurmountable One-With-The-Eternal Eclipsement of Existence: You instantly and immediately gain this manifestation when you are the last thing that possesses the “Flowering Ubiquitous Body-of-Conflict Edification” mythos. Standing at the true pinnacle of being, you have slain anything and everything that could stand against you. A single of your Vassals has seen more death than some armies, and you know conflicts that lesser warriors couldn't begin to understand. Gods are trivial things unto you, the world is without merit. You have little reason to remain here, when you can ascend to a higher place.

Your physical form begins to dissolve in an incomparable light. Piece by piece, you vanish from this world, moving on to the unknowable, impossible, unreal world of those titans you so eagerly wanted to be a part of. You are reconnected with all that you absorbed to better yourself, all your fellow Sovereigns you have slain to prove your dominance. Thou art they, and they art thou. You will war with the weavers of fates, with creatures who birthed pure concepts for beyond eternity, facing against challenges that almost nothing even knows have ever existed. Your legends on the mortal plane will eventually become just that, legends. The mortal world offers little for you, and to leave such challenges to rising knights and fighters fuels your hunger for the conflict they prolong. As such, the world has no need of you, nor do you have any need of that world.

Your vassals will remember you, and will not be punished in loneliness for helping their lord to achieve his grandest desire. They may spread your word as gospel, or teach your ways to others, denounce you for abandonment or perhaps just go on, knowing they did what was best for you. Whatever the case, they maintain all bonuses acquired for holding the position of Vassal, and you are considered to stand right besides them for purposes of such bonuses. The restriction that they may not take on the “Tiger-General Sovereign” Prestige Class is also lifted from them.

As a final, perhaps happier note, should another potential Sovereign come to understand, should they reach that pinnacle, and acquires the Flowering Ubiquitous Body-of-Conflict Edification mythos, you are once again given flesh 10 days after the change. If there is but one who gains this Mythos, they are aware of your immenent return, but if many, your return will seem as normal as the sunrise. For this is your true legacy, a truly immortal conflict. Your place on the Throne, your position as True Sovereign, is always up for the taking. And such an idea, such an endless conflict, a constant shifting of power, a constant threat of attack, of a loss, of Grandiose battles among your peers and would be usurpers, is what gives the Title of “Titan of Iron” its weight.
    Last edited by 7th son of sons; 2014-11-20 at 04:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    What do you mean? You've made a great deal of mythos, but I am unsure as to what you would like transferred over. Are you referring to the Mythos of the Eikonoklastes?
    Naw, just the ones in the Teramach thread.

And what do you mean, 'a great deal'? I've written less than 20.

Compared to the several hundred feats I've written, that's small stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

@7th son of sons It's magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Naw, just the ones in the Teramach thread.

And what do you mean, 'a great deal'? I've written less than 20.

Compared to the several hundred feats I've written, that's small stuff.
    I'll search through it today, and put 'em on the Mythos Doc.

I guess.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks! You're a (bone-crushing) saint.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by commander panda View Post
    The Nimblest Killer You Ever Did See
    prerequisite: The Bellator's dexterity score must be higher than her strength by two points.

Not all Bellators go to battle clad in rippling muscle. A Bellator who has this excellency, and wields a light or one handed weapon, has the option to replace her strength score with her dexterity score for the purpose of attack rolls and damage. She also replaces her strength modifier with her dexterity in any strength based saving throw DCs and skill checks.

this mythos is equivalent to weapon finesse for the purpose of prerequisites. Any weapon that would be disallowed by this ability, but work with weapon finesse (such as an elven courtblade, or spiked chain) are usable with this excellency.
    [/SPOILER]
    Perhaps the last sentence here should either be its own paragraph, or at the end of the previous paragraph?

No idea if that would be more clear, but it actually seems to have more to do with what types of weapons can be used than the Weapon Finesse feat per se... actually, it should probably be rolled in with "light or one handed" in the second sentence of said previous paragraph.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

how has no one commented on the epic bellator prestige class yet??

i'm not finished reading the mythos yet, but the main class features are really cool. i especially like the cohorts ability.

EDIT: and yeah, i'll post a fix for my weapon finesse excellency in the google doc.
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-11-18 at 02:38 PM.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by commander panda View Post
    how has no one commented on the epic bellator prestige class yet??
    @7th son of sons It's magnificent.

I was going to post the Kenshiro crying image, but I couldn't find it on short notice. Lemme just say that I adore pretty much every single bit of this PRC, least of all because I have a character that basically lives the whole "Author of War" thing.

Speaking of that, you know what the Tiger-General Sovereign, and the Bellator by extension, needs? A mythos that lets you conjure up cannons or catapults or bulwarks or cavalry charges and that kind of stuff as AOEs. I think that would be awesome.

8. - Top - End - #368

welp, thats what i get for skimming.

on another note, look! i googled kenshiro crying!

anyway, i read through the mythos and love this thing. good on you, 7.
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-11-18 at 04:15 PM.

.... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

...So, I came into this thread three times today and just now realized there was a class attached to that Mythos.

OH MY GOD.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    ...So, I came into this thread three times today and just now realized there was a class attached to that Mythos.

OH MY GOD.
    I was SUPER pissed when I posted the final, capstone mythos and I see that it's the first post on the next page. But it seems rather well received, so it was all worth while.

11. - Top - End - #371

hey guys. so i was considering trying my hand at a full mythic racial paragon, and i was wondering if there are any semi-official guidelines out there, like the guidelines for mythic classes.

so far, i was thinking either mythic elf, mythic dwarf, or mythic changeling (yes i know changeling has already been done once.) does anyone have suggestions to places i should look for info/inspiration for these guys? i have enough for the changeling, but i need more for the elves and dwarves. i already know about the book of elves and the thalmore, but thats all i've got.

12. - Top - End - #372

SwashbucklerGuy

Ooooh I want to review that Bellator Epic PrC so bad. But I currently do not have the time to look at it closely.

Just off the top of my head though, you have a typo. In the chart, you call it Author Authority. But in the text, you call it Absolute Authority....which one do you wanna go for?

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    Ooooh I want to review that Bellator Epic PrC so bad. But I currently do not have the time to look at it closely.

Just off the top of my head though, you have a typo. In the chart, you call it Author Authority. But in the text, you call it Absolute Authority....which one do you wanna go for?
    Thank you, Thank you, Author Authority is being put back into the text.

14. - Top - End - #374

ok, i think i can call these three mythos done (note: only one of them really changed). they SHOULD make an archery focused bellator viable.

does anyone think we need an exalted mythos for archery?

Spoiler: RErewritten bellator ranged mythos (EDIT: more edits)
    Show
    Expanse Spanning Long Shot
    [Fantastic]
    prerequisites: Arching Comet Style, Blazing Thunder Style(TempestFury), or Soaring Wind Style (JKTrickster)

Upon taking this mythos, the Bellator learns the secret to extending the range of her weapons by throwing an inordinate amount of force behind them. penalties the Bellator incurs for firing ranged weapons past her first range increment are all reduced by 2. Furthermore, with the Bellator's effective range increased, so to is her maximum number of range increments increased by one.

At level ten the benefits of this mythos are applied again, with the Bellator's range increment penalties decreased by another 2, and her maximum number of increments increased by one. This continues at levels thirteen, sixteen and nineteen.

Advanced Manifestation
    Physics Defying Marksman's Approach
    Prerequisites: 7 ranks in spot skill

As a move action the Bellator can make a special spot check against the armour class of a single enemy to whom she has line of sight. This spot incurs a -4 penalty for each range increment of her chosen weapon beyond the first, but does not otherwise incur distance penalties.

If the Bellator succeeds on her check against the chosen enemy, she may add a damage bonus to a number of attacks equal to her inteligence modifier during that round. A ranged attack from her, against the enemy she spotted, gains a +10 bonus to damage, provided he is beyond her first range increment. If her target is beyond her second range increment, the damage increases to +20, third range increment is +30 and so on. This ability only functions within the number of range increments that have been cleared of distance penalties via this mythos.

This manifestation measures range increments using the distance between the Bellator and her target, not the distance her weapon travels. A Bellator with the Wind Winding Shaft Path mythos could not curve her weapon so that it travels six range increments, then hits an enemy right in front of her with a +50 damage bonus.

Mobile Mosquito Assault [/SIZE]
    [Fantastic]
    prerequisites: Arching Comet Style, Blazing Thunder Style(TempestFury), or Soaring Wind Style(JKTrickster)

The Bellator gains Shot On The Run as a bonus feat. This ability now allows a standard action that includes a ranged attack, rather than simply an "attack action with a ranged weapon".

The Bellator is more than used to fighting her battles in close quarters, even when her weapon of choice would make such a decision foolhardy. Whenever the Bellator makes a ranged attack that would provoke an AoO from a threatening opponent, she may make a Concentration check as a free action. If the result of this check equals or exceeds an amount equal to 10 + the Base Attack Bonus her assailant, the Bellator does not provoke an attack of opportunity from that creature. The Bellator may make a number of concentration checks per round equal to her int modifier.

Furthermore, the Bellator's skill and reflexes with the bow (or whatever other ranged weapon she employs) are such that she can now threaten her adjacent squares with it, and ranged attacks against enemies within her threatened squares gain a damage bonus equal to the her Dex Modifier. At level 10 this threatened range increases to 10 feet, and at level 13 it becomes 15 feet. Abilities and items that would expand the threatened area of a character's melee reach do not stack with this mythos.

Wind Winding Shaft Path
    [Legendary]
    prerequisites: Arching Comet Style, Blazing Thunder Style(TempestFury), or Soaring Wind Style(JKTrickster), and either Expanse Spanning Long Shot, or Mobile Mosquito Assult

Who says all warriors are straight shooters? A Bellator with this mythos has learned that by giving her ranged weapons a savage twist and swing as she fires them, she can send her missiles hurtling around corners, under obstacles and into her enemies backs.

Any time the Bellator takes aim with a ranged attack she has the option to take a -2 on her attack roll and make her weapon turn in the air as if it had flight maneuverability (poor). The weapon's curves can be horizontal or vertical so long as it doesn't turn more sharply than this maneuverability allows. The weapon gains no other benefits of flight than turning.

Oftentimes, the use of this ability is to shoot at an enemy who is obstructed from view by obstacles, and the Bellator has learned to compensate. Any time the Bellator uses this mythos to attack an enemy with concealment, her weapon is considered to have the seeking property.

Finally, with the Bellator's newfound skill for curving her projectiles through the air, she has equally gained the ability to compensate for obstacles that would have curved them away to begin with. The Bellator is no longer hindered by wind effects when making ranged attacks. This means that, provided the Bellator is taking the required -2 attack penalty for using this mythos, she is now able to shoot unhindered through wind, rain, snow and magical effects (like wind wall, for example) that simulate them. The only exceptions are hurricanes and tornados, which impose a -2 and -4 penalty, respectively.
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-11-28 at 01:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

I rather enjoy the ranged mythos, I just find Expanse Spanning Long Shot and its advanced manifestation Physics Defying Marksman's Approach a bit off. I feel that Arching Comet Style doesn't feel right for a prerequisite, maybe it's too bow centric to come to this mythos that is about just about freaking hucking things harder. Didn't someone make a throwing weapon mythos that would be more appropriate to build off of?
    Next thing is I don't feel the damage from the advanced manifestation feels right at all. I don't know, it just doesn't still well with me. I would try and make polish up Expanse Spanning Long Shot. If I can ever think of anything I'll drop a PM.
    The other two are far more to my tastes and are excellent. Nice job. Giving a projectile a flight speed and maneuverability isn't something I call recalling seeing before, and having a threatened area with a bow or other ranged weapon is always nice.

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by Allnightmask View Post
    I rather enjoy the ranged mythos, I just find Expanse Spanning Long Shot and its advanced manifestation Physics Defying Marksman's Approach a bit off. I feel that Arching Comet Style doesn't feel right for a prerequisite, maybe it's too bow centric to come to this mythos that is about just about freaking hucking things harder. Didn't someone make a throwing weapon mythos that would be more appropriate to build off of?
    Next thing is I don't feel the damage from the advanced manifestation feels right at all. I don't know, it just doesn't still well with me. I would try and make polish up Expanse Spanning Long Shot. If I can ever think of anything I'll drop a PM.
    The other two are far more to my tastes and are excellent. Nice job. Giving a projectile a flight speed and maneuverability isn't something I call recalling seeing before, and having a threatened area with a bow or other ranged weapon is always nice.
    thanks for the feedback . i definitely agree that ESLS is the weakest link of the three. by all means, feel free to PM me with your ideas.

also, that's a good point about Arching comet style being bow centric. if i can find the throwing mythos you mentioned, i'll make the prerequasites arching comet style or [insert name here].

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not seeing anything lately towards the idea I suggested, should I just get started with the basic crunch framework, and maybe turn as many of the pre-existing "gifts" I have into mythos?

Or should I just be more patient?

Give up? (Probably not...)
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #378

NecromancerGuy

just came in to ask if it would be alright for me to post the Kreikiri with that immense mythos iv mentioned a few times incomplete, iv just finished the first main 'category' of it and am thinking of posting it by the time I finish the second (im thinking around new year) the class will otherwise be finished.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

@Dracodei I'll eagerly critique any mythos you make.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    just came in to ask if it would be alright for me to post the Kreikiri with that immense mythos iv mentioned a few times incomplete, iv just finished the first main 'category' of it and am thinking of posting it by the time I finish the second (im thinking around new year) the class will otherwise be finished.
    I say you should post it whenever you feel comfortable, but I'd certainly love to see it in its full glory.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quick question, I'm building a Mythos class..and for the narrative I'm writing up I wanted to make clear the order of a few things that I've pieced together reading all the Mytho class narratives. I couldn't find anything concrete about the lawmakers without pillaging all the threads, so I'm just going to assume they came around the same time the Titans came.

Spoiler: Before the Wheel
    Show
    So there was the Far Plane, being full of just all the nightmares ever. Then the (not yet named) Plane that was full of rolling chaos but luckily not full of nightmare stuff because all that was still stuck in the Far Plane. In this unnamed plane however, a piece of chaos decided, "I am." and tore itself out of the chaos. Then it decided it didn't want to go back into the plane, decided it needed someone to look at , and then there was a second 'Thing.' They opted into figuring out what they hell they were, and in doing so created words and naming which burned an everlasting hole in chaos and also allowed other things to name themselves. This would later prove to be a bad thing because other things began crawling out of the chaos and began wrecking ****. The Law bringers decided to shine a light on everything and the Sun came into being. This little event, created the Shadow and made the Far Realm want to see what all the hubbub was about. The Monster and the Mountain continued wrecking all the things, which caused the Traveler to chuck up the deuce and peace out for a while. The Lawmakers getting real tired of the Monster's and Mountain's **** decided they needed a way to kill these Titans and began plotting. The Mountain however, was real bored by now and decided to take a nap, Sleep must have trolled him because he still hasn't woken up. The Far Plane finally pulled itself together long enough for a Titan to come out of it, which made the other Titan's spit take, but somehow evaded the Lawbringer's notice so far.

Somehow the Law Bringers managed to trap the Monster in what has to be the most OP prison ever, and using all his rage and their own powers of Law created the Weapon, which they then used to slay the first Titan that happened to cross their path. This proved to be a HUGE mistake because it didn't have anywhere to go and decided to get back up. The Lawbringers said "Our bad." and made an afterlife, The Abomination was not amused and fought back until it died again. Around this time Fear made its appearance, and the Lawbringers had their first "Nope." moment and killed it and threw it's body back into the Far plane, there was just too much Nope to send it to the afterlife.

That about right?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

@Dracodei I'll eagerly critique any mythos you make.
    In that case could you start with the one below (reposted from about 2 pages back)? Or do you need to see the start of the class first too?
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Was thinking of some things for the mythos I'm trying to inspire to do. Here is a quick sketch of one. I think it would be an Exceptional or Legendary Mythos, and if it is a mere excellency then it probably needs to be tuned up until it is a Mythos.
    Sheathing the Blade
    By welcoming a foes attack as if it were a gift of honey, you may retain it as if it were a gift between friends.
    Whenever a piercing or slashing attack is made against you you may forgo all miss chances, to-hit rolls, and damage reduction. The attack automatically scores a critical hit ((and deals maximum damage?)) however, until you consciously will it the weapon (including natural weapon) may not be removed from your body unless the wielder uses a standard action to attempt a strength check equal to X*, However, if it is a natural weapon, or they have a grip on the weapon, they may push further in instead, dealing normal damage with each attack (never missing, but also never criting). Obviously the foe keep you in his reach to maintain his grip on a weapon. ((Insert quote from Net rules here regarding movement)).
    If you die while this mythos is active (including as part of the initial critical hit) then the DC of the strength checks gains a +3 bonus, but also is reduced by 1 point per round that passes after your death. Gripping a weapon that has been released requires a melee touch attack ((With some sort of modifier for size?)).

*((X could equal your charisma/wisdom SCORE, some fraction of the damage the initial attack dealt, or 10 + 1/2 {this mythos class} levels + associated stat modifier))
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-12-05 at 09:39 AM.
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheathing the Blade
    I'll admit, this seems like you're giving a lot for little reward. You let the opponent get a free crit on you to disable their weapon. I think that the best way to balance this would be to just make the opponent's free attack deal maximum damage (no need for damage multipliers, here) and set the DC equal to the damage dealt. If the opponent wants to keep a grip on his weapon (so that he can make a Strength check to pull it free), then he must remain in your reach. If it is a natural weapon, then the opponent has no choice (you could totally put in a little anecdote about how the opponent could cut off their own limb/tail/what-have-you in order to get free). A +3 to the Strength check DC seems kind of weak if the PC just died with a weapon in their torso. +10 is much more mythic, I think. The DC shouldn't go down during consecutive rounds.

You could also take a look at It Hurts (Maniacal Laughter) IT HURTS!, a Teramach Mythos in the Random Mythos doc. It has manifestations to make you immune to crits and to gain the properties of embedded weapons. It may provide some inspiration.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

I'll admit, this seems like you're giving a lot for little reward. You let the opponent get a free crit on you to disable their weapon. I think that the best way to balance this would be to just make the opponent's free attack
    They still have to make the attack normally. It isn't a bonus attack that they get. The bonus is the auto-hit and high damage.
    deal maximum damage (no need for damage multipliers, here)
    Sounds good to me.
    and set the DC equal to the damage dealt.
    That would scale very strongly with level, becoming near-impossible for single-attack monsters at higher levels, and very difficult even for multi-attackers. Remember, skill checks don't auto succeed on natural 20s. It could work as a Fantastic or Legendary mythos perhaps... but if it was Exceptional then it wouldn't be worth taking at the levels you would probably want to take it.

Do we really want the DC to be unbeatable by most opponents? I'm seriously asking...
    If the opponent wants to keep a grip on his weapon (so that he can make a Strength check to pull it free), then he must remain in your reach. If it is a natural weapon, then the opponent has no choice (you could totally put in a little anecdote about how the opponent could cut off their own limb/tail/what-have-you in order to get free). A +3 to the Strength check DC seems kind of weak if the PC just died with a weapon in their torso. +10 is much more mythic, I think. The DC shouldn't go down during consecutive rounds.
    Well, it needs to go down over time... I mean, I don't usually want your body to have to rot or be Disintegrated to get the weapon out... except as a secondary effect of an Advanced Manifestation that also adds to the DC, which I am very much going to add because a dragon having to bite its fore-leg off at the wrist to get free is very "mythic".

However, -1 DC per minute could be acceptable even as the base state...
    You could also take a look at It Hurts (Maniacal Laughter) IT HURTS!, a Teramach Mythos in the Random Mythos doc. It has manifestations to make you immune to crits and to gain the properties of embedded weapons. It may provide some inspiration.
    *Googles*
    Ah, HERE IT IS. Not too surprising that something similar already exists. I'll take a look when I can focus more completely.

Note to self: Give Fast Healing 1 as an Exceptional Mythos? Maybe Toughness and Improved Toughness as another. Don't think that these should be manifestations of eachother. Maybe have rules allowing advanced mainfestations to be re-purchased as many times as desired to increase the numbers?
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-12-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #384

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pallid View Post
    Quick question, I'm building a Mythos class..and for the narrative I'm writing up I wanted to make clear the order of a few things that I've pieced together reading all the Mytho class narratives. I couldn't find anything concrete about the lawmakers without pillaging all the threads, so I'm just going to assume they came around the same time the Titans came.

Spoiler: Before the Wheel
    Show
    So there was the Far Plane, being full of just all the nightmares ever. Then the (not yet named) Plane that was full of rolling chaos but luckily not full of nightmare stuff because all that was still stuck in the Far Plane. In this unnamed plane however, a piece of chaos decided, "I am." and tore itself out of the chaos. Then it decided it didn't want to go back into the plane, decided it needed someone to look at , and then there was a second 'Thing.' They opted into figuring out what they hell they were, and in doing so created words and naming which burned an everlasting hole in chaos and also allowed other things to name themselves. This would later prove to be a bad thing because other things began crawling out of the chaos and began wrecking ****. The Law bringers decided to shine a light on everything and the Sun came into being. This little event, created the Shadow and made the Far Realm want to see what all the hubbub was about. The Monster and the Mountain continued wrecking all the things, which caused the Traveler to chuck up the deuce and peace out for a while. The Lawmakers getting real tired of the Monster's and Mountain's **** decided they needed a way to kill these Titans and began plotting. The Mountain however, was real bored by now and decided to take a nap, Sleep must have trolled him because he still hasn't woken up. The Far Plane finally pulled itself together long enough for a Titan to come out of it, which made the other Titan's spit take, but somehow evaded the Lawbringer's notice so far.

Somehow the Law Bringers managed to trap the Monster in what has to be the most OP prison ever, and using all his rage and their own powers of Law created the Weapon, which they then used to slay the first Titan that happened to cross their path. This proved to be a HUGE mistake because it didn't have anywhere to go and decided to get back up. The Lawbringers said "Our bad." and made an afterlife, The Abomination was not amused and fought back until it died again. Around this time Fear made its appearance, and the Lawbringers had their first "Nope." moment and killed it and threw it's body back into the Far plane, there was just too much Nope to send it to the afterlife.

That about right?
    I think that's about it, a few events may be mixed up a bit, but to my knowledge that's pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallid View Post
    there was just too much Nope to send it to the afterlife.
    am I the only one who thinks this line needs to be immortalized somehow?.

also, as I usually do, im going to do several things in the same post. and post this shintai iv just written, I think it may need a bit of a nerf:

Living-world shintai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perquisites: Creeping flesh-fortress, Monster-making beast-lord, Anatomy-twisting bestial-genesis

You unite with the perfect metaphor of yourself, the near reborn kyniteros, and the blur where one meets the other. The world expanding net that forms the heart of your rebuilt titan-zygote, from which the lesser avatars of you make their home, the lair from which your hunts begin and end.

When acquiring this mythos you immediately gain a free manifestation of your choice for ‘Creeping flesh-fortress’. Additionally you select any flesh node you own and you are immediately transported to its location and fused with it.

By being fused with the flesh node you essentially overwrite its location with yourself with the following alterations:
    • You are treated as the flesh node for all effects, with any additional hardness you gain becoming DR/- .

• You gain two tentacles identical to the one granted by the Tentacle node manifestation, except the number of times they can grow is increased to your class level, as is the tentacle you gain from that manifestation should you possess it.

• You gain a +6 bonus to your constitution statistic and fast healing 1 (stacking with other fast healing).

• You become completely tied to the location of the flesh node you selected.

• The entirety of the area(s) covered by the fleshy material produced is considered a part of your body for all beneficial purposes (so for example your may be treated as standing in any of those eligible locations for effecting you. The site of your original body is still treated as normal.

• The material produced by flesh nodes halves the time between whenever it grows (no matter the cause) and it and the flesh nodes gain fast healing 1.

Finally you gain the constant sharing of senses with your animal companion and the ability to use any mythos you have that requires activation through your animal companion (as if you shared its location.

In order to ‘uproot’ yourself from the fused material you must spend a minute regenerating your limbs and form. Once you do so all flesh nodes you created take a point of damage that may not be reduced in any way every hour until you replant yourself, tackling the same amount of time a uprooting yourself. When uprooted you regain mobility, reduce your constitution by four and you, all flesh nodes and the material they produce lose their fast healing.

Should you possess the ‘From-a-single-cell rebirth’ mythos when you may reform your ‘body’ in any area covered by the fleshy material.

Atheistically this mythos’s effects generally appear as a part of the environment coming alive whenever you take action, as the site of your original body usually blends into the surrounding environment.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2014-12-11 at 08:20 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

They still have to make the attack normally. It isn't a bonus attack that they get. The bonus is the auto-hit and high damage.
    I already got that bit. When I said "free attack" I was referring to to the auto hit + bonus damage combo. It's a pretty potent effect.

That would scale very strongly with level, becoming near-impossible for single-attack monsters at higher levels, and very difficult even for multi-attackers. Remember, skill checks don't auto succeed on natural 20s. It could work as a Fantastic or Legendary mythos perhaps... but if it was Exceptional then it wouldn't be worth taking at the levels you would probably want to take it.
    I think that a mythos like this is more appropriate for Fantastic or Legendary tier. Exceptional Mythos described as:

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    Exceptional Mythos are things that awesome people do. They're the bread and butter of the class, where you put building blocks for later Fantastic and Legendary Mythos, and also where you put interesting, fluffy asides, such as the Sacrosanct Blood-Titan Idol Adoption.
    That said, this Mythos seems somewhat above that.

Do we really want the DC to be unbeatable by most opponents? I'm seriously asking...
    I think that DC should be high, but not completely impossible. 10 + (1/2 damage dealt)? 15 + (1/2 damage dealt)? Something like that might be more reasonable.

Well, it needs to go down over time... I mean, I don't usually want your body to have to rot or be Disintegrated to get the weapon out... except as a secondary effect of an Advanced Manifestation that also adds to the DC, which I am very much going to add because a dragon having to bite its fore-leg off at the wrist to get free is very "mythic".

However, -1 DC per minute could be acceptable even as the base state...
    -1 per minute seems reasonable to me.

Note to self: Give Fast Healing 1 as an Exceptional Mythos? Maybe Toughness and Improved Toughness as another. Don't think that these should be manifestations of eachother. Maybe have rules allowing advanced mainfestations to be re-purchased as many times as desired to increase the numbers?
    If you're going to put Toughness and Imp Toughness on the same mythos, you ought to roll Toughness into the base stats and make Imp Toughness hooked onto a manifestation. Fast healing is always nice. An interesting twist on that idea would be giving the player the option (probably through an advanced manifestation) to shut off their fast healing to give it other people in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    Living World Shintai
    With this kinda stuff, I like stripping off the fluff and compiling a list of pros and cons. As it stands, LWS gives you:

• One free manifestation from CFF.
    • The ability to teleport to one of your Flesh Nodes and fuse with it.
    • Some DR/- while fused with your Node.
    • Some tentacles.
    • +2 Constitution (increases by 4 while fused).
    • Fast Healing 1 to you and all of your Flesh Nodes.
    • You count as being in every square covered by your fleshyness.
    • Your Flesh Nodes produce material twice as fast.

And takes away your mobility. At least, some of it. When you uproot yourself, all of your fleshy bits lose their Fast Healing and start to take damage every hour until they die. A lot of the benefits are only active while fused, so you aren't really getting something for nothing. My only complaint is the Fast Healing - this is a Legendary Mythos! They at least deserve Regeneration 1 for making it this far.

26. - Top - End - #386

NecromancerGuy

With this kinda stuff, I like stripping off the fluff and compiling a list of pros and cons. As it stands, LWS gives you:

• One free manifestation from CFF.
    • The ability to teleport to one of your Flesh Nodes and fuse with it.
    • Some DR/- while fused with your Node.
    • Some tentacles.
    • +2 Constitution (increases by 4 while fused).
    • Fast Healing 1 to you and all of your Flesh Nodes.
    • You count as being in every square covered by your fleshyness.
    • Your Flesh Nodes produce material twice as fast.

And takes away your mobility. At least, some of it. When you uproot yourself, all of your fleshy bits lose their Fast Healing and start to take damage every hour until they die. A lot of the benefits are only active while fused, so you aren't really getting something for nothing. My only complaint is the Fast Healing - this is a Legendary Mythos! They at least deserve Regeneration 1 for making it this far.
    how about making it Regeneration 1/- for the Kreikiri when rooted, loosing it when unrooted, and adding the following wording to the mythos (in order to not be totally unkillable):

Should all flesh nodes within a mile of you be destroyed and you are reduced to sufficiently low hip points to be dead, youimmediately uproot and return to half of your maximum hit points.

does this seem balanced to you?
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2014-12-22 at 07:32 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

27. - Top - End - #387

NecromancerGuy

ok, so il be posting the Kreikiri in a few days, and as is the currant standard for mythos classes il need a quote of some sort for the title, so is the following quote suitable (not sure what the title quotes are sourced from, so just using what would be a banner character.): "Make us Whole Again". the quote is (essentially) from the ncromorphs of dead space.

also as for the other quote for under whare the banner would be, is this suitable:
    "The last of the Not-Whole shall be discovered, though our eyeholes wince at their hideousness. Their bodies shall be absorbed and their imperfection shall be purged. The Machine Orthodoxy shall engorge the Not-Whole and their deficient isolation shall be obliterated in the Unity. Only then shall the last wounds in the Circle be healed. Only then shall this world complete itself."
    —Izathel, High Chancellor

the quote itself is from a bit of background from magic the gathering.

just making sure im comprehending the currant standard formatting and design.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't really think that there is a set "standard" of design, but what you've got going seems roughly similar to what Xefas has done for past classes and Mythic Races. Keep doing what you're doing.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

New Year, New Projects. Coming Soon to a GitP near you, it's a Mythic Double Feature:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by 7th son of sons; 2015-01-01 at 05:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey, everybody. Been ages since I've done anything around here, so I figured I'd let y'all know what I'm going to try and be up to. I've got three ideas for Mythos classes that I want to try and do something with, but about none of my old stuff to work with. I'll try and piddle around with these, kicking ideas back and forth and see if I can't get any kind of results before the year ends.

Spoiler: Aethenos
    Show

"There was honor in our Covenant once, and there shall be again!"

Spoiler: Omilitis
    Show

"He, or I, took flight on wings of elegant song; my fangs and claws were of cutting wit, dripping with venomous slander, and my armour was of the most impenetrable legalese. Voice was my bones, and ink my blood; my true name burning inside me was my heart."

Spoiler: Pertinax
    Show

"I didn't get shot. I never get shot. I just body-checked the missile."
    Last edited by GreaserFish; 2015-01-01 at 11:20 AM.
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."