New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion II: Where Simplicity Goes to Die

Firstly, doesn’t this Mythos need to be put into the mythos document? Or is it being put into a PrC or something?

Second. Is anyone up to doing a Mythic pbp RP any time soon? I’m seeing all these great creations to the mythos characters, but I’m not seeing much chance to have them seen in practice... or at all.

Third. I have two Bellator Mythos I would like to share. I apologize that I keep working on the Bellator, and not being around for some time. I love the Bellator class, and I lost track of the alerts for some reason.

As before, I suck at coming up with the names for the mythos, and would greatly appreciate suggestions and advice for them. Plus, they aren’t all that exciting either, and I would love suggests to improve on them.

Spoiler: Exalted Martial Adept Mythos
    Show
    [Name Pending]
    [Exalted]
    Requirements: The [Discipline]'s Roots Grow Deep

You can now use eight level maneuvers and stances of the chosen discipline. In addition, you can chose a second or third level strike for your passive strike ability instead of a first level strike. Finally, you can use two strikes or two boosts from the chosen discipline at the same time, as well as enter be in two stances from the chosen discipline at the same time. Unlikely other discipline mythos, this mythos can only be taken once by a Bellator.

Spoiler: Bit of a Pathfinder mythos...
    Show
    Blazing Thunder Style
    [Exceptional]

You gain Rapid Reload and Gunsmith as a bonus feat. In addition, you immediately gain a battered firearm, similarly to the battered firearm that a Gunslinger gets at level one.

Basic
    1. You can add your dexterity modifier to your ranged damage rolls with firearms.

2. You add your wisdom modifier to your ranged damage rolls with firearms, and can use wisdom in place of dexterity.
    Last edited by Tempestfury; 2014-08-08 at 06:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    Firstly, doesn’t this Mythos need to be put into the mythos document? Or is it being put into a PrC or something?

Second. Is anyone up to doing a Mythic pbp RP any time soon? I’m seeing all these great creations to the mythos characters, but I’m not seeing much chance to have them seen in practice... or at all.
    7th son is working on a prestige class that that particular mythos is made for. That's why I haven't included it.

Also, I too would be interested in a Mythos PbP.

Exalted Martial Adept Mythos
    I think that it would be better to model this off of the three lower tier mythos. As it stands, you've completely skipped over level 7 strikes and stances. Also, you mention a Passive Strike, but don't mention my 'The [Discipline]'s Roots Grow Deep' excellency in the prerequisites.

Blazing Thunder Style
    Interesting, but a little bland. You ought to make it let Bellators do something cool with their firearms. Maybe use a deed or two? Perhaps reload faster or something.

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    I think that it would be better to model this off of the three lower tier mythos. As it stands, you've completely skipped over level 7 strikes and stances. Also, you mention a Passive Strike, but don't mention my 'The [Discipline]'s Roots Grow Deep' excellency in the prerequisites.

Exalted Mythos are the pinnacle of the Bellator's power. Its Captsone abilities. I think its more than fair to ignore the normal 'grant level 7 and then grant level 8' and instead go right to 'grant level 8 and bellow, and other abilities'. As for The [Discipline]'s Roots Grow Deep? Its a requirement for the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    Interesting, but a little bland. You ought to make it let Bellators do something cool with their firearms. Maybe use a deed or two? Perhaps reload faster or something.

Yeah... bland is a big problem with it currently, and I would rather not grab a deed or two because that basically has the Bellator becoming a Gunslinger, which isn't my attention in the slightest... I would rather the Bellator's mythos be more unquie and interesting. Though, thinking about it... does anyone else feel that the Bellator has to much of a melee focus?
    Last edited by Tempestfury; 2014-08-08 at 06:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Exalted Mythos are the pinnacle of the Bellator's power. Its Capstone abilities. I think its more than fair to ignore the normal 'grant level 7 and then grant level 8' and instead go right to 'grant level 8 and bellow, and other abilities'. As for The [Discipline]'s Roots Grow Deep? Its a requirement for the mythos.
    Well, fair enough. The text just says 8th level maneuvers and stances, though, so it seemed to me that 7th was completely skipped over.

Oh, apologies. I didn't notice that when I looked at the prerequisites.

Yeah... bland is a big problem with it currently, and I would rather not grab a deed or two because that basically has the Bellator becoming a Gunslinger, which isn't my attention in the slightest... I would rather the Bellator's mythos be more unique and interesting. Though, thinking about it... does anyone else feel that the Bellator has to much of a melee focus?
    Just one or two deeds wouldn't really make them become a gunslinger, tho.

And yes, the Bellator has a pretty significant melee focus. I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Exalted Mythos are the pinnacle of the Bellator's power. Its Captsone abilities. I think its more than fair to ignore the normal 'grant level 7 and then grant level 8' and instead go right to 'grant level 8 and bellow, and other abilities'. As for The [Discipline]'s Roots Grow Deep? Its a requirement for the mythos.
    Uh even though that is true, there is no reason to skip over the basic structure guaranteed by other Mythos. The only thing your Mythos does is that it skips over the Manifestations - that just makes it slightly faster in terms of leveling. Especially at higher levels, the cost of additional Advanced Mythos is extremely small anyway. I don't think it'll be an issue at all

Furthermore, Epic level Bellators exist. There are a full 3 - 4 Tiers of Mythos above Exalted. Exalted is strong yes. But try to imagine the room for Epic here.

The additional parts of your Mythos are....odd. I would honestly believe that the majority of it should apply to multiple disciplines. The Bellator should be able to get 8th level maneuvers with a variety of disciplines. The [Disciplines Roots Grow Deep] can be applied to multiple disciplines as well. So why does this Mythos limit that?

6. - Top - End - #96

NecromancerGuy

I was just reading the mythic vampire and I noticed something that may be a problematic with it, well as the mythic vampire has a mythos that makes it take damage form sunlight, what exactly happens if it takes levels of Holocaust sun (how it got there in the first place is beyond this question). as they take damage from sunlight, yet they emit the stuff as they are a sun, exactly what happens in this scenario, to they just celebrate gaining a LV and crucible to dust as a DM somewhere in the world facepalms?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    I was just reading the mythic vampire and I noticed something that may be a problematic with it, well as the mythic vampire has a mythos that makes it take damage form sunlight, what exactly happens if it takes levels of Holocaust sun (how it got there in the first place is beyond this question). as they take damage from sunlight, yet they emit the stuff as they are a sun, exactly what happens in this scenario, to they just celebrate gaining a LV and crucible to dust as a DM somewhere in the world facepalms?
    The Mythic Vampire was not one of my brightest ideas. In fact, the power and flavor of it is just a mess.

That being said, why in the world would a Vampire also want to be the Sun?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

No, see, its a superb story. In a profane ritual to allow all of his kind to walk free forever without the threat of the sun the Mythic Vampire sacrifices himself, taking the sun into himself to extinguish it forever. However, the sun will not be doused so easily and constantly burns within him, pouring from his very skin. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

9. - Top - End - #99

imagin, for a moment, a world where a vampire actually completed the requirements of becoming a holocaust sun...

i think it sounds like a badass, flavourful, and fairly reasonable background for a vampire becoming a sun (and becoming immune to sunlight.)

EDIT: ....NINJAS....

EDITEDIT:
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Is anyone up to doing a Mythic pbp RP any time soon? I’m seeing all these great creations to the mythos characters, but I’m not seeing much chance to have them seen in practice... or at all.
    i'd be down for that. granted i start university soon, so i might end up having a more restricted posting rate than i would like, but i'd still love to see this happen.

[COLOR="#0000FF"]

Yeah... bland is a big problem with it currently, and I would rather not grab a deed or two because that basically has the Bellator becoming a Gunslinger, which isn't my attention in the slightest... I would rather the Bellator's mythos be more unquie and interesting. Though, thinking about it... does anyone else feel that the Bellator has to much of a melee focus?
    it is pretty melee focused, isn't it. i think i'll definitely try to come up with a ranged mythos once i get my next two churned out. but for now,this is pretty awesome. is it meant to carry over to 3.5?

also, my first thoughts for cool gun based abilities is ranged disarming/sundering, disabling enemies by blowing out limbs (even if they don't have discernible anatomy), and bullet time. maybe also find a way to tie gunsmithing into the bellator's pre-existing crafting mythos.
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-08-08 at 10:17 PM.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

This is an edit of The Shadow. Including important things, such as "class" skills, crafting abilities and, um, mild proofreading on the story!

Also, the "Crafting Pool" malarkey is now known as "Embellishments".

Also, have some general stuff regarding [Guardians]:

Spoiler: General (Guardian) Stuff
    Show

Guardians must remain within 500ft of The Episkeptis. Some [Guardians] can ignore or extend this limit, either generally or under certain circumstances. If the [Guardian] goes beyond this limit, they vanish, just as if The Episkeptis dismissed them.

All [Guardian]s speak (Provided they CAN speak) and (At least) understand every language The Episkeptis can.

A [Guardian] is dismissed as a Free Action. So, yes, you CAN dismiss a [Guardian] and use the returned Narrative Power to summon a different [Guardian] in the same round.

The [Guardian] can be summoned anywhere within 500ft (Or more, if the [Guardian] has an extended range) that is within the Episkeptis' Line of Sight.

All [Guardian]s have a Type. This is mentioned as a "Special" ability. No spell, ability, class feature, etc, can cause a [Guardian] to fall under the control of someone other than The Episkeptis. (So if, for example, an Undead [Guardian] is attacked by an Evil Cleric, the Cleric's Rebuke Undead ability would not be able to Command the Guardian. EVER. No, not even then.)

[Guardian]s last for as long as the Episkeptis wishes them to, provided the Episkeptis is still concious. (So going to sleep will automatically dismiss all Guardians.)

Spoiler: Fantastic
    Show

Of The Things That Lurk In Darkness

There once was a town guardsman, returning home. Today, he thought, was a good day. He had just returned from the home of a man. This man had fallen on hard times, you see, but he had a great many items of value. The man was trying to sell them off, to various merchants but he was not having tremendous luck. He had a daughter, too, and they were both hungry. Of course what few items he was able to sell did not provide much, so he was forced to steal food to feed them both.

He was a thief now and the rulers of the town did not approve of thievery, whatever the reason. So they sent a guardsman out to arrest him. This guardsman however, was a greedy man. Upon entering the house he saw the unsold items his greed got the better of him. The man was there, but his daughter was not. The man was a thief and the guardsman was only defending himself, he would later say. With none to refute his claims that he was attacked first. The man was a thief and his possessions were no longer his after death. The lion's share of the many valuables went to the guardsman for "bravery in the act of enforcing order" while the rest were divvied between his fellows.

Several weeks passed by and the guardsman was happy with the gold gained from selling what he "earned". One day, there was a small commotion in town and he investigated. It was a small scuffle, a drunken fight between patrons. What happened next, few would dare retell. The guardsman drew his sword and slew the two drunken brawlers and then, bloodied sword in hand, rushed towards the crowd. With screams and sword strikes the guardsman's rampage soon caught the attention of other guards who soon rushed to the scene.

Talk did not calm the guardsman, reason did not sway him and his companions could not subdue him. They had no other action but to kill him. But there was shock in the guardsman's killer, for he looked upon the shadow of the guardsman and saw a thing trail away. A thing that, the guardsman's killer knew, was what forced the guardsman's hand.

A distance away, in view of the slaughter of the guardsman, was the daughter. The daughter of the man the guardsman killed out of greed and avarice. The shadow-thing slinked towards her, stopping at her shadow not to influence but to whisper three words. "It is done". The daughter smiled and walked away. But from then on, the girl's shadow was... different, smaller. For whenever people looked upon her shadow, they saw that it was missing an arm. As payment, for the shadow and the revenge it took in her name.

The Shadow
    [Guardian]

Spoiler
    Show

Base Statistics:

Shape: Amorphous; Size: Medium; Speed: 30ft (Fly); Attack: 1d6 Cold, Touch Attack

Hit Dice: D8; BAB: Average (3/4); Cost: 3 Narrative Power

Base Stats:

Str: - Dex: 14 Con: - Int: 12 Wis: 13 Cha: 15

Skills: The Shadow’s "class" skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Religion), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis)

Skill points at 1st Hit Dice: 4(x4) + Int Mod
    Skill Points at Each Additional Hit Dice: 4 + Int Mod

Class Level Hit Dice BAB Fort Ref Will Skill Points Feats Base Embellishments Special
    1st 1 +0 +0 +2 +2 4(x4) 1 3 Undead, Incorporeal, Unholy Toughness, Chilling Touch 1d6, Telepathic Link
    2nd 1 +0 +0 +2 +2 4 1 4 Shadow Rider
    3rd 2 +1 +0 +3 +3 8 1 5 Chilling Touch, 2d6
    4th 3 +2 +1 +3 +3 12 2 7 Sensory Link
    5th 3 +2 +1 +3 +3 12 2 8
    6th 4 +3 +1 +4 +4 16 2 9 Chilling Touch, 3d6
    7th 5 +3 +1 +4 +4 20 2 11
    8th 6 +4 +2 +5 +5 24 3 12 Chilling Touch, 4d6
    9th 6 +4 +2 +5 +5 24 3 13 Shadow Possession
    10th 7 +5 +2 +5 +5 28 3 15
    11th 8 +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 32 3 16 Chilling Touch, 5d6
    12th 8 +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 32 3 17
    13th 9 +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 36 4 19
    14th 10 +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 40 4 20 Chilling Touch, 6d6
    15th 10 +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 40 4 21

Special:

Undead: The Shadow is an Undead creature.

Incorporeal: The Shadow possesses the Incorporeal Subtype.

Unholy Toughness (Ex): The Shadow possesses the Unholy Toughness special quality, allowing it to use it's Charisma Modifier in place of it Constitution for Hit Points.

Chilling Touch (Su): At The Shadow's first Hit Dice, it gains a Touch Attack that deals 1d6 Cold Damage. At The Shadow's 2nd Hit Dice, and every even numbered Hit Dice thereafter, the damage increases by 1d6.

Telepathic Link (Su): The Shadow maintains a permanent link to The Episkesptis that summoned it. This is identical to the "Telepathy" special ability, except that it only links The Shadow and The Episkeptis and it functions regardless of distance.

Shadow Rider (Ex): The Shadow may, as a free action, latch onto a single, adjacent shadow cast by a creature. The Shadow does not become "invisible", the creature's shadow appears to gain "something", such as an extra limb or a large lump. The Shadow may attempt a Disguise Check to hide in the shadow. It may stop riding the shadow as a free action. While riding, The Shadow may be any distance away from the Episkeptis. If The Shadow stops riding while beyond the 300ft range, it "reforms" adjacent to the Episkeptis.

Sensory Link (Su): As a Standard Action, The Shadow can attempt to merge it's own senses with that of it's Host. The Host must make a Will Save to prevent this merging. If the host fails the save, then whatever the Host senses, the Shadow does as well.

The Host must be a Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid for this ability to function.

Shadow Possession (Su): If The Shadow has successfully linked with the senses of its host, it may, as a standard action, attempt to gain complete control over its host. This action also forces a Will Save (However, if The Shadow's Charisma Modifier is higher than that of the Episkeptis, it may use its own Charisma Modifier on this save). If the host fails, The Shadow has complete control over the host's actions, as per the Dominate Person spell. (Including Will Saves to do things against its nature or committing self destructive acts.)

Spoiler: Embellishments
    Show
    1 Embellishment Abilities:

Shadow Dissuasion Mastery (Ex): The Shadow gains a +10 Racial Bonus on Disguise Checks made to hide in the shadow of another creature.

Ever Constant Whispers (Ex): Whenever The Shadow has linked senses with a creature, it can whisper into the ears of the creature, causing fear and paranoia. This manifests as a constant -2 penalty to Listen and Knowledge Checks, which is removed when The Shadow leaves. Additionally, The Shadow may, as a Standard Action, make the whispers worse, louder and more numerous. This manifests as a -4 Penalty to Listen and Knowledge checks, in addition to causing the creature to be Shaken. This second effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to The Shadow's Charisma Modifier. It can only be performed once every 10 Minutes.

Disappear (Ex): When in contact with the shadow of an inanimate object, it can merge with it completely, becoming Invisible. Additionally, The Shadow is treated as possessing Total Concealment when in any conditions other than Full Daylight. The Daylight spell can negate this Concealment as will completely lighting the area. Under those circumstances, The Shadow still possesses Concealment.

Cold Resistance (Ex): The Shadow gains Cold Resistance equal to (5 X 1/2 its Hit Dice). At 7 Hit Dice, this can be upgraded to Immunity for an extra Embellishment.

Improved Sensory Capacity (Ex): Select 2 of the following Types: Animal, Fey, Giant, Ooze, Plant and Vermin. The Shadow's Sensory Link ability functions on those types. This ability can be gained multiple times, selecting different types each time. This DOES NOT expand Shadow Possesion.

2 Embellishment Abilities:

Ability Score Increase (Ex): Increase one of The Shadows ability scores by +2. This ability can be selected more than once. It can only be applied once to an individual ability score, plus 1 additional time for every 5 Hit Dice The Shadow possesses. (Once at 1st level, again at 5th and at 10th and every 5th Hit Dice thereafter.)

Clothed by the darkness (Su): Whenever The Shadow is summoned, The Episkeptis gains a "cloak" of darkness. This "cloak" can take any form of clothing desired, such as an actual cloak, a fine dress/suit or simple overalls. The "cloak" is technically incorporeal, it won't get damaged or dirty (And no dirt will seep through the "cloak" onto your actual clothing or bare skin) nor will it get trapped or snagged. It always appears to be the "ideal" for whatever clothing it is (Suits are creaseless from lapel to ankle and dresses are... whatever the ideal for a dresses is. (I'm a bloke! I don't bloody know.))

Whatever the form, it's functionality is unchanged: The Episkeptis gains Total Concealment under the same conditions as Disappear, see above. Additionally, The Episkeptis gains a +6 Bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks. And thirdly, The Episkeptis gains a Deflection Bonus equal to his Charisma Modifier.

Turn Resistance (Su): The Shadow gains Turn Resistance equal to it's Charisma Modifier. This resistance also applies to hostile Rebuke attempts.

Energy Resistance (Ex): Pick one of the following Energy Types: Acid, Electricity, Fire or Sonic. The Shadow gains Resistance 5 against the chosen Energy Type. This increases by 5 for every 3 Hit Dice The Shadow possesses. At 9 Hit Dice, this can be upgraded to Immunity for 1 extra Embellishment.

This ability can be taken multiple times, each time it applies to a different Energy Type.

Warped Perspective (Ex): This ability functions as Improved Sensory Capacity, except that you Select 2 of the following types: Aberration, Construct, Elemental, Fey, Magical Beast or Undead (No, you still can't take control via Shadow possession). You must have Improved Sensory Capacity to take this ability. Additionally, the Types chosen for Improved Sensory Capacity can now be affected by Shadow Possession.

3 Embellishment abilities:

Eyes amongst the darkness (Ex): The Shadow gains Blindsense out to 30ft. Additionally, it can see clearly in all types of Darkness (Including Magical Darkness and Deeper Darkness). This ability can be "leant" to creatures it has possessed.

See through the eyes of gods (Ex): This functions as Improved Sensory Capacity, except that it applies to Dragons and Outsiders. You must have Warped Perspective to take this ability. Additionally, the Types chosen for Warped Perspective can now be affected by Shadow Possession.

4 Embellishment abilities:

Bonds of darkness and willpower (Ex): Shadow Possession now affects Dragons and Outsiders. You must have See Through the Eyes of Gods to take this ability.

So, now that I've got a "finished" [Guardian] Mythos, what do you think?

BTW, the next Mythos I do will be an [Expression]. Guess which one .

EDIT: Ignore me. I forgot something kiiiiinda important. Gimme a few mins to sort it.

EDIT 2: Done now. PEACH and all that, if you have time.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2014-11-08 at 03:54 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    This is an edit of The Shadow. Including important things, such as "class" skills, crafting abilities and, um, mild proofreading on the story!

Also, the "Crafting Pool" malarkey is now known as "Embellishments".

Also, have some general stuff regarding [Guardians]:

Spoiler: General (Guardian) Stuff
    Show

Guardians must remain within 500ft of The Episkeptis. Some [Guardians] can ignore or extend this limit, either generally or under certain circumstances. If the [Guardian] goes beyond this limit, they vanish, just as if The Episkeptis dismissed them.

All [Guardian]s speak (Provided they CAN speak) and (At least) understand every language The Episkeptis can.

A [Guardian] is dismissed as a Free Action. So, yes, you CAN dismiss a [Guardian] and use the returned Narrative Power to summon a different [Guardian] in the same round.

The [Guardian] can be summoned anywhere within 500ft (Or more, if the [Guardian] has an extended range) that is within the Episkeptis' Line of Sight.

All [Guardian]s have a Type. This is mentioned as a "Special" ability. No spell, ability, class feature, etc, can cause a [Guardian] to fall under the control of someone other than The Episkeptis. (So if, for example, an Undead [Guardian] is attacked by an Evil Cleric, the Cleric's Rebuke Undead ability would not be able to Command the Guardian. EVER. No, not even then.)

[Guardian]s last for as long as the Episkeptis wishes them to, provided the Episkeptis is still concious. (So going to sleep will automatically dismiss all Guardians.)

Show

Of The Things That Lurk In Darkness

There once was a town guardsman, returning home. Today, he thought, was a good day. He had just returned from the home of a man. This man had fallen on hard times, you see, but he had a great many items of value. The man was trying to sell them off, to various merchants but he was not having tremendous luck. He had a daughter, too, and they were both hungry. Of course what few items he was able to sell did not provide much, so he was forced to steal food to feed them both.

He was a thief now and the rulers of the town did not approve of thievery, whatever the reason. So they sent a guardsman out to arrest him. This guardsman however, was a greedy man. Upon entering the house he saw the unsold items his greed got the better of him. The man was there, but his daughter was not. The man was a thief and the guardsman was only defending himself, he would later say. With none to refute his claims that he was attacked first. The man was a thief and his possessions were no longer his after death. The lion's share of the many valuables went to the guardsman for "bravery in the act of enforcing order" while the rest were divvied between his fellows.

Several weeks passed by and the guardsman was happy with the gold gained from selling what he "earned". One day, there was a small commotion in town and he investigated. It was a small scuffle, a drunken fight between patrons. What happened next, few would dare retell. The guardsman drew his sword and slew the two drunken brawlers and then, bloodied sword in hand, rushed towards the crowd. With screams and sword strikes the guardsman's rampage soon caught the attention of other guards who soon rushed to the scene.

Talk did not calm the guardsman, reason did not sway him and his companions could not subdue him. They had no other action but to kill him. But there was shock in the guardsman's killer, for he looked upon the shadow of the guardsman and saw a thing trail away. A thing that, the guardsman's killer knew, was what forced the guardsman's hand.

A distance away, in view of the slaughter of the guardsman, was the daughter. The daughter of the man the guardsman killed out of greed and avarice. The shadow-thing slinked towards her, stopping at her shadow not to influence but to whisper three words. "It is done". The daughter smiled and walked away. But from then on, the girl's shadow was... different, smaller. For whenever people looked upon her shadow, they saw that it was missing an arm. As payment, for the shadow and the revenge it took in her name.

The Shadow

Spoiler
    Show

Base Statistics:

Shape: Amorphous; Size: Medium; Speed: 30ft (Fly); Attack: 1d6 Cold, Touch Attack

Hit Dice: D8; BAB: Average (3/4); Cost: 3 Narrative Power

Base Stats:

Str: - Dex: 14 Con: - Int: 12 Wis: 13 Cha: 15

Skills: The Shadow’s "class" skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Religion), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis)

Skill points at 1st Hit Dice: 4(x4) + Int Mod
    Skill Points at Each Additional Hit Dice: 4 + Int Mod

Class Level Hit Dice BAB Fort Ref Will Skill Points Feats Base Embellishments Special
    1st 1 +0 +0 +2 +2 4(x4) 1 3 Undead, Incorporeal, Unholy Toughness, Chilling Touch 1d6, Telepathic Link
    2nd 1 +0 +0 +2 +2 4 1 4 Shadow Rider
    3rd 2 +1 +0 +3 +3 8 1 5 Chilling Touch, 2d6
    4th 3 +2 +1 +3 +3 12 2 7 Sensory Link
    5th 3 +2 +1 +3 +3 12 2 8
    6th 4 +3 +1 +4 +4 16 2 9 Chilling Touch, 3d6
    7th 5 +3 +1 +4 +4 20 2 11
    8th 6 +4 +2 +5 +5 24 3 12 Chilling Touch, 4d6
    9th 6 +4 +2 +5 +5 24 3 13 Shadow Possession
    10th 7 +5 +2 +5 +5 28 3 15
    11th 8 +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 32 3 16 Chilling Touch, 5d6
    12th 8 +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 32 3 17
    13th 9 +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 36 4 19
    14th 10 +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 40 4 20 Chilling Touch, 6d6
    15th 10 +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 40 4 21

Special:

Undead: The Shadow is an Undead creature.

Incorporeal: The Shadow possesses the Incorporeal Subtype.

Unholy Toughness (Ex): The Shadow possesses the Unholy Toughness special quality, allowing it to use it's Charisma Modifier in place of it Constitution for Hit Points.

Chilling Touch (Su): At The Shadow's first Hit Dice, it gains a Touch Attack that deals 1d6 Cold Damage. At The Shadow's 2nd Hit Dice, and every even numbered Hit Dice thereafter, the damage increases by 1d6.

Telepathic Link (Su): The Shadow maintains a permanent link to The Episkesptis that summoned it. This is identical to the "Telepathy" special ability, except that it only links The Shadow and The Episkeptis and it functions regardless of distance.

Shadow Rider (Ex): The Shadow may, as a free action, latch onto a single, adjacent shadow cast by a creature. The Shadow does not become "invisible", the creature's shadow appears to gain "something", such as an extra limb or a large lump. The Shadow may attempt a Disguise Check to hide in the shadow. It may stop riding the shadow as a free action. While riding, The Shadow may be any distance away from the Episkeptis. If The Shadow stops riding while beyond the 300ft range, it "reforms" adjacent to the Episkeptis.

Sensory Link (Su): As a Standard Action, The Shadow can attempt to merge it's own senses with that of it's Host. The Host must make a Will Save to prevent this merging. If the host fails the save, then whatever the Host senses, the Shadow does as well.

The Host must be a Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid for this ability to function.

Shadow Possession (Su): If The Shadow has successfully linked with the senses of its host, it may, as a standard action, attempt to gain complete control over its host. This action also forces a Will Save (However, if The Shadow's Charisma Modifier is higher than that of the Episkeptis, it may use its own Charisma Modifier on this save). If the host fails, The Shadow has complete control over the host's actions, as per the Dominate Person spell. (Including Will Saves to do things against its nature or committing self destructive acts.)

Spoiler: Embellishments
    Show
    1 Embellishment Abilities:

Shadow Dissuasion Mastery (Ex): The Shadow gains a +10 Racial Bonus on Disguise Checks made to hide in the shadow of another creature.

Ever Constant Whispers (Ex): Whenever The Shadow has linked senses with a creature, it can whisper into the ears of the creature, causing fear and paranoia. This manifests as a constant -2 penalty to Listen and Knowledge Checks, which is removed when The Shadow leaves. Additionally, The Shadow may, as a Standard Action, make the whispers worse, louder and more numerous. This manifests as a -4 Penalty to Listen and Knowledge checks, in addition to causing the creature to be Shaken. This second effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to The Shadow's Charisma Modifier. It can only be performed once every 10 Minutes.

Disappear (Ex): When in contact with the shadow of an inanimate object, it can merge with it completely, becoming Invisible. Additionally, The Shadow is treated as possessing Total Concealment when in any conditions other than Full Daylight. The Daylight spell can negate this Concealment as will completely lighting the area. Under those circumstances, The Shadow still possesses Concealment.

Cold Resistance (Ex): The Shadow gains Cold Resistance equal to (5 X 1/2 its Hit Dice). At 7 Hit Dice, this can be upgraded to Immunity for an extra Embellishment.

Improved Sensory Capacity (Ex): Select 2 of the following Types: Animal, Fey, Giant, Ooze, Plant and Vermin. The Shadow's Sensory Link ability functions on those types. This ability can be gained multiple times, selecting different types each time. This DOES NOT expand Shadow Possesion.

2 Embellishment Abilities:

Ability Score Increase (Ex): Increase one of The Shadows ability scores by +2. This ability can be selected more than once. It can only be applied once to an individual ability score, plus 1 additional time for every 5 Hit Dice The Shadow possesses. (Once at 1st level, again at 5th and at 10th and every 5th Hit Dice thereafter.)

Clothed by the darkness (Su): Whenever The Shadow is summoned, The Episkeptis gains a "cloak" of darkness. This "cloak" can take any form of clothing desired, such as an actual cloak, a fine dress/suit or simple overalls. The "cloak" is technically incorporeal, it won't get damaged or dirty (And no dirt will seep through the "cloak" onto your actual clothing or bare skin) nor will it get trapped or snagged. It always appears to be the "ideal" for whatever clothing it is (Suits are creaseless from lapel to ankle and dresses are... whatever the ideal for a dresses is. (I'm a bloke! I don't bloody know.))

Whatever the form, it's functionality is unchanged: The Episkeptis gains Total Concealment under the same conditions as Disappear, see above. Additionally, The Episkeptis gains a +6 Bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks. And thirdly, The Episkeptis gains a Deflection Bonus equal to his Charisma Modifier.

Turn Resistance (Su): The Shadow gains Turn Resistance equal to it's Charisma Modifier. This resistance also applies to hostile Rebuke attempts.

Energy Resistance (Ex): Pick one of the following Energy Types: Acid, Electricity, Fire or Sonic. The Shadow gains Resistance 5 against the chosen Energy Type. This increases by 5 for every 3 Hit Dice The Shadow possesses. At 9 Hit Dice, this can be upgraded to Immunity for 1 extra Embellishment.

This ability can be taken multiple times, each time it applies to a different Energy Type.

Warped Perspective (Ex): This ability functions as Improved Sensory Capacity, except that you Select 2 of the following types: Aberration, Construct, Elemental, Fey, Magical Beast or Undead (No, you still can't take control via Shadow possession). You must have Improved Sensory Capacity to take this ability. Additionally, the Types chosen for Improved Sensory Capacity can now be affected by Shadow Possession.

3 Embellishment abilities:

Eyes amongst the darkness (Ex): The Shadow gains Blindsense out to 30ft. Additionally, it can see clearly in all types of Darkness (Including Magical Darkness and Deeper Darkness). This ability can be "leant" to creatures it has possessed.

See through the eyes of gods (Ex): This functions as Improved Sensory Capacity, except that it applies to Dragons and Outsiders. You must have Warped Perspective to take this ability. Additionally, the Types chosen for Warped Perspective can now be affected by Shadow Possession.

4 Embellishment abilities:

Bonds of darkness and willpower (Ex): Shadow Possession now affects Dragons and Outsiders. You must have See Through the Eyes of Gods to take this ability.

So, now that I've got a "finished" [Guardian] Mythos, what do you think?

BTW, the next Mythos I do will be an [Expression]. Guess which one .

EDIT: Ignore me. I forgot something kiiiiinda important. Gimme a few mins to sort it.

EDIT 2: Done now. PEACH and all that, if you have time.
    Great to see! Not too versatile, but also not too specialized. Also, 'Embelishments' is an absolutely perfect name for what you're trying to get across.

So, the Shadow costs 3 narrative power to have summoned. Well, that covers my concerns with how many Guardians you can have at any given time; Narrative Power puts a hard and fast limit on them, it seems. That's good.

As far as your calculations for Narrative Power, do you think it would be gamebreaking for Legendary or maybe just Exalted Mythos to maybe add double to your NP? I think that it would make sense for Mythos as world-shattering as those to be a little bit more powerful than their lesser fellows.

Also, something to consider: an Excellency that gives you an additional point or two of Narrative Power - in exchange for some kind of sacrifice. Like, a penalty to an ability score or to saving throws or maximum hp. Something to represent the summoner losing a bit of his own vitality in exchange for more ULTIMATE POWAH.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

At this early stage, I haven't done any calculations yet. For now, at least, I'm just Eyeballing the cost. Once I get a good chunk of Mythos together, I'm going to do some calculations. Hell, we might find that the current base is too low.

That said, a little bit of theorycrafting never hurt:

Spoiler
    Show
    There will be, at least, 10 Mythos that are split between [Guardian] and [Expression]. The exact ratio is unimportant right now.

What that means is that a minimum of 5 points of Narrative Power exist, just, as is.

Assuming a Human with 18 Charisma, that gives us 4 points of Narrative Power, via Ability Scores.

So, let's say that Episkeptis is taken from levels 1-20, the increases to Charisma (Permanent/Semi-Permanent, that is) that I know of are:

Level up bonus: +5
    Cloak of Charisma: +6 (Enhance)
    Tome of Leadership and Influence: +5

For a total of +16 to Charisma, for a total of 34, a +12 modifier.

Which, in total, means a total Narrative Power pool of 17.

If we were to summon, say, 3 Cost [Guardian]s we would be able to have five [Guardians] at once, with 2 points spare.

Which is... exactly how many [Guardian] Mythos there are. At the ABSOLUTE minimum.

TL;DR: It appears that [Guardian]s may need to be more expensive OR the Narrative Power equation needs to be nerfed.

A most... interesting turn of events.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

13. - Top - End - #103

ok, it took me a while, but i finally got this thing down on paper. sorta.
    here is the bellator debuffing mythos me and JKTrickster were working on. feel free to PEACH. i still have one advanced manifestation in the works, just so you know.

Show

body breaking word weaponization
    prerequisite:-

As a move action, the Bellator may fix her gaze upon one of her opponents and utter a Promise that she will be coming for him. Whether this Promise takes the form of a lengthy threat or a single definitive word is up to the Bellator, but no matter what, her opponent must have line of sight to her, be able to hear her speak, understand her language and have a minimum intelligence score of 3. Once the Promise is made, the Bellator's foe must make a will save, the DC of which uses the Bellator's intelligence modifier, or become constantly paranoid that she is about to strike.
    Any round during which the Bellator's opponent chooses not spend at least a full standard action focusing on her, he is distracted by his worry and is subjected to a penalty against his attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws and AC equal to half the Bellator's class level, as well as a 30% spell failure chance. "Focusing on" the Bellator could mean anything from staring at her, to targeting her with a scorching ray, to running away in the opposite direction; the standard action just needs to be a reaction to her, that is focused on her.
    This mind-effecting ability lasts for 1d4+half the Bellator's intelligence modifier rounds, at the end of which her foe collects his frayed wits and focusses on the task at hand. However, if the Bellator makes another Promise before her opponent recovers, the duration is re-set to the length of the new Promise, rather than the old one.

Basic Manifestations
    Prattling Rancor Impulsion

Where the Bellator could make a Promise, she instead issues a Challenge, or even an insult, to her opponent, working him into a fit of pride and anger until he simply self destructs, with her help. The effects of issuing a Challenge are similar to making a Promise, except as noted here. The Bellator's opponent is no longer "distracted" by the her, nor is there risk that he will suffer penalties for ignoring her.
    Because he won't ignore her.
    Upon failing the will save against the Bellator's Challenge, her enemy must move within 15 feet of her and not leave by any means for as long as they are beheld by the Challenge. They also must enter combat with her, whether this means casting a spell or hitting her with an axe is entirely up to them.
    The moment the misbegotten fool comes within the 15ft area of the Bellator's Challenge, he begins to feel the exhaustive side effects of fighting the Bellator on her own terms, and becomes fatigued. As a swift action the Bellator can try to worsen her foe's condition by forcing a fortitude save vs becoming exhausted. If her opponent is already exhausted, he can be made staggered (regardless of whether his nonlethal damage equals his current hit points) at the normal DC -3. An opponent who is already staggered and fails their last fort save (which takes a -6 to the dc) finally gives in to exhaustion and falls unconscious for 1d10+the Bellator's int rounds.
    Every round that the Bellator's opponent is beheld by her Challenge, they suffer from a stacking -4 to will saves, and fort saves where they apply to this mythos.

Dread The Iron Muse

With the taking of this manifestation, the Bellator learns to give her Promise a new level of… intensity. Her every word drips with her intention to run this fool into the ground and take his head like a hunting trophy. She is no longer issuing a Promise; it is a Hunters Mark.
    The effects of issuing a Hunters Mark is similar to a Promise, except as noted here. In order to force a will save associated with this manifestation, the Bellator's prey must be within 100ft of her, in addition to the usual sight and sound requirements. Furthermore, the Bellator's opponent is no longer "distracted" by her, nor is there risk that he will suffer penalties for ignoring her. Because he can't ignore her. He is terrified of her.
    As soon as the Bellator's opponent fails the initial will save vs her Hunters Mark, he immediately becomes frightened. Furthermore, the Bellator's prey is rarely able to muster the grace or focus for a proper retreat, and is reduced to half his base land speed as he stumbles and trips over roots, corpses, and his own clumsy feet.
    If the Bellator chooses to chase after her fleeing foe (meaning she moves, in his general direction, at either her own full base land speed or the total distance her prey moved during his last turn, whichever is lower,) each round she does so and stays within 60 ft of him inflicts a stacking -4 penalty on will saves. As a swift action the Bellator can further the frightened prey's terror by forcing a will save vs. becoming panicked. If her prey is already panicked the save DC is reduced by 3 and he becomes both panicked and shaken. foes who are both panicked and shaken make their save against the normal DC -6, but become Cowering and Helpless on a failure, for 1d8+the Bellator's int modifier rounds.
    If at any point the Bellator's prey spends a full round unable to see or hear her, the fear effects inflicted by this mythos are reduced by one, and are reduced by one for every further round spent away from her, and the speed penalty disappears. however all will save penalties remain for the next 24 hours.
    enemies immune to fear are immune to this mythos manifestation.

Advanced Manifestations
    Civic Hostility

The Bellator can now use this mythos to target a number of enemies up to half her class level, and these enemies no longer need to understand her language, nor have an intelligence score in excess of 3. At level 10, the Bellator's skill for influencing her many enemies grows even greater, and she can target her full class level's number of people, but only if they all have a hit die count half that of the Bellator, or less.
    Whenever the Bellator has more that one creature Challenged or Marked at a time, and she kills one of them, all the others are given an immediate -4 on will and fortitude saves (as they pertain to this mythos) that stack with any other penalties they would normally accrue.

anyway, that (mostly) done. what do people prefer to see next: a mythos for ranged combat (sort of a trick shot theme), or a mythos to let shield bearers tank AoEs?
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-08-10 at 10:40 PM.

.... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by commander panda View Post
    what do people prefer to see next: a mythos for ranged combat (sort of a trick shot theme), or a mythos to let shield bearers tank AoEs?
    I assume this means you'll be working on both?

I'd prefer to see the shield one first, personally.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

15. - Top - End - #105

MindFlayer

So I've read a lot about the great wheel, but have seen next to nothing about fey origins and what not anyone got any points of interest? Thus why I have my lore based on Pathfinders lore as its well fleshed out. I'd like to key it off the normal but I need help.

16. - Top - End - #106

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by commander panda View Post
    ok, it took me a while, but i finally got this thing down on paper. sorta.
    here is the bellator debuffing mythos me and JKTrickster were working on. feel free to PEACH. i still have one advanced manifestation in the works, just so you know.

Show

body breaking word weaponization

As a move action, the Bellator may fix her gaze upon one of her opponents and utter a Promise that she will be coming for him. Whether this Promise takes the form of a lengthy threat or a single definitive word is up to the Bellator, but no matter what, her opponent must have line of sight to her, be able to hear her speak, understand her language and have a minimum intelligence score of 3. Once the Promise is made, the Bellator's foe must make a will save, the DC of which uses the Bellator's intelligence modifier, or become constantly paranoid that she is about to strike.
    Any round during which the Bellator's opponent chooses not spend at least a full standard action focusing on her, he is distracted by his worry and is subjected to a penalty against his attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws and AC equal to half the Bellator's class level, as well as a 30% spell failure chance. "Focusing on" the Bellator could mean anything from staring at her, to targeting her with a scorching ray, to running away in the opposite direction; the standard action just needs to be a reaction to her, that is focused on her.
    This mind-effecting ability lasts for 1d4+half the Bellator's intelligence modifier rounds, at the end of which her foe collects his frayed wits and focusses on the task at hand. However, if the Bellator makes another Promise before her opponent recovers, the duration is re-set to the length of the new Promise, rather than the old one.

Basic Manifestations
    Prattling Rancor Impulsion

Where the Bellator could make a Promise, she instead issues a Challenge, or even an insult, to her opponent, working him into a fit of pride and anger until he simply self destructs, with her help. The effects of issuing a Challenge are similar to making a Promise, except as noted here. The Bellator's opponent is no longer "distracted" by the her, nor is there risk that he will suffer penalties for ignoring her.
    Because he won't ignore her.
    Upon failing the will save against the Bellator's Challenge, her enemy must move within 15 feet of her and not leave by any means for as long as they are beheld by the Challenge. They also must enter combat with her, whether this means casting a spell or hitting her with an axe is entirely up to them.
    The moment the misbegotten fool comes within the 15ft area of the Bellator's Challenge, he begins to feel the exhaustive side effects of fighting the Bellator on her own terms, and becomes fatigued. As a swift action the Bellator can try to worsen her foe's condition by forcing a fortitude save vs becoming exhausted. If her opponent is already exhausted, he can be made staggered (regardless of whether his nonlethal damage equals his current hit points) at the normal DC -3. An opponent who is already staggered and fails their last fort save (which takes a -6 to the dc) finally gives in to exhaustion and falls unconscious for 1d10+the Bellator's int rounds.
    Every round that the Bellator's opponent is beheld by her Challenge, they suffer from a stacking -4 to will saves, and fort saves where they apply to this mythos.

Dread The Iron Muse

With the taking of this manifestation, the Bellator learns to give her Promise a new level of… intensity. Her every word drips with her intention to run this fool into the ground and take his head like a hunting trophy. She is no longer issuing a Promise; it is a Hunters Mark.
    The effects of issuing a Hunters Mark is similar to a Promise, except as noted here. In order to force a will save associated with this manifestation, the Bellator's prey must be within 100ft of her, in addition to the usual sight and sound requirements. Furthermore, the Bellator's opponent is no longer "distracted" by her, nor is there risk that he will suffer penalties for ignoring her. Because he can't ignore her. He is terrified of her.
    As soon as the Bellator's opponent fails the initial will save vs her Hunters Mark, he immediately becomes frightened. Furthermore, the Bellator's prey is rarely able to muster the grace or focus for a proper retreat, and is reduced to half his base land speed as he stumbles and trips over roots, corpses, and his own clumsy feet.
    If the Bellator chooses to chase after her fleeing foe (meaning she moves, in his general direction, at either her own full base land speed or the total distance her prey moved during his last turn, whichever is lower,) each round she does so and stays within 60 ft of him inflicts a stacking -4 penalty on will saves. As a swift action the Bellator can further the frightened prey's terror by forcing a will save vs. becoming panicked. If her prey is already panicked the save DC is reduced by 3 and he becomes both panicked and shaken. foes who are both panicked and shaken make their save against the normal DC -6, but become Cowering and Helpless on a failure, for 1d8+the Bellator's int modifier rounds.
    If at any point the Bellator's prey spends a full round unable to see or hear her, the fear effects inflicted by this mythos are reduced by one, and are reduced by one for every further round spent away from her, and the speed penalty disappears. however all will save penalties remain for the next 24 hours.
    enemies immune to fear are immune to this mythos manifestation.

Advanced Manifestations
    Civic Hostility

The Bellator can now use this mythos to target a number of enemies up to half her class level, and these enemies no longer need to understand her language, nor have an intelligence score in excess of 3. At level 10, the Bellator's skill for influencing her many enemies grows even greater, and she can target her full class level's number of people, but only if they all have a hit die count half that of the Bellator, or less.
    Whenever the Bellator has more that one creature Challenged or Marked at a time, and she kills one of them, all the others are given an immediate -4 on will and fortitude saves (as they pertain to this mythos) that stack with any other penalties they would normally accrue.

anyway, that (mostly) done. what do people prefer to see next: a mythos for ranged combat (sort of a trick shot theme), or a mythos to let shield bearers tank AoEs?
    This is still missing an advanced manifestation?

Hmmm I'll withhold critiquing it then. But it seems like to be much, much stronger than the other Fantastic Mythos. The combination of numbers and utility is just huge.

17. - Top - End - #107

No no, feel free to critique. I only wrote that becaus I have the notes for another manifestation, and was planning on writing out the details soon. I'm not really certain I want to include it anymore though, I think it's more rules than this mythos can handle before becoming blatantly over complicated..

Edit: also, ranged or shield mythos?
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-08-12 at 04:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion II: Where Simplicity Goes to Die

Man, ranged mythos. I wouldn't mind either but I would like more ranged ones.

19. - Top - End - #109

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    The Mythic Vampire was not one of my brightest ideas. In fact, the power and flavor of it is just a mess.
    I actually like the mythic vampire, even if the bite attack-granting mythos is very strong for when its available (maybe drop it by a single die and add a manifestation to increase it back to the original?). The whole fact how its associated titan was played up as an abomination i.e aberration, rather than a vampire as an undead, was an interesting spin on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    That being said, why in the world would a Vampire also want to be the Sun?
    lets face it, its not the vampire, its the player behind it, and lets admit that half the reason players do anything is just because they can, I should know. and also Tacitus's idea, I really want to play that now.

to anyone wondering how I was wanting an answer to such a stupid awesome idea, I was originally thinking of how to create Alucard from Hellsing ultimate in PC form and eventually found such an implausible curcumstance as the vampire holocaust sun was possable
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

20. - Top - End - #110
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello, all. I'm currently working on the Dimios, a mythic slayer/assassin. I just want some help getting the roster image right (It feels crooked) , and maybe coming up with ideas. Feel free to modify the roster image.

The roster (from the top left corner, than going clockwise): Shogo Makishima (Psycho Pass), Lucien Lachance (TES IV: Oblivion), Danzo Shimura (Naruto), a Vindicare Assassin (Warhammer 40k), Kei Kurono (Gantz), The Bride (Kill Bill), Emiya Kiritsugu (Fate/Zero), and Francisco Scaramanga (The Man With the Golden Gun).

EDIT: Fixed the image.
    Last edited by Arkanist; 2014-08-15 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    Fool! What torments have you unleashed upon the playground! The black gates of the abyss have been thrown asunder and soon all forms of monstroties shall rush forth! Repent! Repent I say! Before the end times! Before it is too late! I can feel the evil in my teeth!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

So, my game got upgraded to being a Gestalt. Any suggestions on what would go well with the Teramach? So far I'm looking at pairing it with Midwoka's Olympian.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    So, my game got upgraded to being a Gestalt. Any suggestions on what would go well with the Teramach? So far I'm looking at pairing it with Midwoka's Olympian.
    I would use warlock. They're one of the few casting classes that can be used while in a rage and offer lots of passive buffs that are always on while you punch stuff.

23. - Top - End - #113

Can you pair it with other Mythos classes? A Teramach mixed with an Olethrofex would be a pretty terrifying opponent to face.

Fool! What torments have you unleashed upon the playground! The black gates of the abyss have been thrown asunder and soon all forms of monstroties shall rush forth! Repent! Repent I say! Before the end times! Before it is too late! I can feel the evil in my teeth!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

An incarnum class might also be useful. Debatable about if you'd be able to shift Essentia while raging, but there are plenty of passive benefits to be had for Incarnate or Totemist.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    I would use warlock. They're one of the few casting classes that can be used while in a rage and offer lots of passive buffs that are always on while you punch stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanist View Post
    Can you pair it with other Mythos classes? A Teramach mixed with an Olethrofex would be a pretty terrifying opponent to face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    An incarnum class might also be useful. Debatable about if you'd be able to shift Essentia while raging, but there are plenty of passive benefits to be had for Incarnate or Totemist.
    I'm using the Teramach with altered fluff to kind of play a Luchador.

The GM has also flat out said characters need to be somewhat socially acceptable (so nothing that city guards would want to detain and execute on sight) and he's leery of the inherent power of the Teramach (which is why using the Half-Troll template already got shot down, since it compliments and improves what the Teramach gives too much).

26. - Top - End - #116

I'm using the Teramach with altered fluff to kind of play a Luchador.

The GM has also flat out said characters need to be somewhat socially acceptable (so nothing that city guards would want to detain and execute on sight) and he's leery of the inherent power of the Teramach (which is why using the Half-Troll template already got shot down, since it compliments and improves what the Teramach gives too much).
    If socially acceptable is something that figures in this, then I don't recommend the idea of merging your rage avatar with a soul-warping necromancer. In fact, the fluff of Tome of Magic also says Binding is frowned upon in a burn-the-witch kind of way, so maybe a meldshaper is the way to go.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you going to be an agave farmer? You need a mask, and to be able to turn into a chicken.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Are you going to be an agave farmer? You need a mask, and to be able to turn into a chicken.
    We're building up the "Luchador" community as being a clan based confederacy similar to Star Wars's Mandalorians, with the original tennets and style being handed down to the Material Plane from a lone Celestial. They aren't performers but are very ceremonial and flamboyant in their actions and fighting style, with a duel between two of them being like a fight between peacocks.

The character is just another one of the young acolytes who are sent off into the world to perform some great feat of glory to bring back to their clan, which will earn them the right to a name, identity and mask (with failures remaining nameless and reduced to performing the grunt, day-to-day labor for the real "Luchadors").

Edit:

Also, I've flubbed my way into trying my hand at doing a Mythos class, The Calgurant. There's nothing there but a Mythos Point gaining method, a single class feature and one nameless Exceptional Mythos. I have ideas for Mythos and Excellencies, but I'm completely blank on naming them and I don't want to clutter up the class with nameless junk at the moment. I'd really appreciate any and all help over there in building this thing.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2014-08-15 at 09:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

You like Mythos? I like Mythos. Have two Mythos. They also have stories attached. Because I like stories.

Spoiler: Exceptional
    Show
    Rage of the Fire Beast
    [Expression]

In a time long past, in a kingdom now forgotten, people say, was a great beast. It's coming was like that of the sun, brightening the sky and scorching the land with it's passing. Armies were useless, magic was powerless and even devils from the hottest parts of hell burned to ash before it. What form it had none can say with any certainty. Some say it took the form of a wolf or lion. Others say it was shapeless, as flame is. But what they DO say for certain is that the Beast of Flame became angry.

The reasons for this are as varied as there are stars in the sky. One tale goes that a simple orphan boy tricked it into jumping into a nearby lake, hoping to quench the flames. Another says that a band of warriors of the King's guard provoked it and lured it into icy wastelands. While another says that a mighty Wizard tried to dominate the beast. All the stories say that each method appeared to be successful. At least at first. The lake began to boil into nothingness, the wasteland melted away and the Wizard lost control of it. And the Beast was angry. Very angry. And its rage was mighty, burning the Kingdom away. Leaving nothing but ash and cinders.

Whichever version of the tale you know, the rage of the Beast of Flame still resonates within you. Red hot anger flowing through your veins, waiting to be let out. With a few simple words, the Beast of Flame is made real. Its form, its anger and its insurmountable power. And it is all yours to command. But unleashing the Beast of Flame is not without cost, the story of the Beast, its fury, cannot be satisfied by simply "being".

As it burns your foes, so too it burns part of you, as fuel. Taking of your story, to make its rage real. No being can stand this for long, forcing you, in pain, to dismiss the Beast as quickly as your anger made it real.

Select a spot within 100ft. At this point, you manifest the Fire Beast, in all its great and terrible might. All enemies within 40ft of the Fire Beast take 1d6 points of Fire Damage per Episkeptis level, Reflex save for half damage. This damage ignores both Fire Resistance and Fire Immunity, as the Fire Beast's anger burns hotter than any ordinary flame.

Enemies that have taken damage continue to take half the damage dealt for 1d3+3 rounds. This damage, too, cannot be mitigated via resistance or immunity.

Using this Mythos Burns one point of your Narrative Power. However, if you Burn more points, the various Dice upgrade by one step for every point you Burn. The damage die upgrade as follows: 6 becomes d8, becomes d10, etc. The "Duration" die upgrades as follows: d3 + 3 becomes d4 + 6, d4 + 6 becomes d6 + 9, etc.)

Additionally, for every extra point you burn, you may roll an extra dice.

The initial Burned point, and all extra points, have a recovery time of one hour.

Basic

Guarded by the flames of hate: Even when you have not called upon the Fire Beast, you can still feel its hate coursing through you, protecting you. You gain Fire Resistance equal to (Your level X 5). At level 12, this upgrades to Immunity.

Flame within, flame without: Fire. It is the source of all life and it can be used to protect. Whenever someone makes an attack against you, you may, as an Immediate Action, make a Ranged Touch Attack against the attacker, dealing 1d6/2 levels of Fire Damage. Unlike the main effect, Resistance/Immunity affects this attack.

Spoiler: Legendary
    Show
    Tears of the Gentle Healer
    [Expression]

There once was a girl, her birth was like that of any other girl but her childhood was not. She grew up in a small farming village, you see and she was tasked with keeping watch over the animals. Her task was to feed them, clean them and keep an eye on them, if they got sick or injured she was to tell her parents. The first two tasks were done without argument nor worry but her third... wasn't. Although she watched them all, they never seemed to grow ill or become injured. Although this confused the parents, they simply shrugged it away as some sort of divine favour. They were right, of course, but not in the way they thought.

About 8 years after the girl's birth, a cleric came to town. He was a simple man, wearing simple clothes, but his stance, tales of wonder, and knowing more than a smattering of Celestial, clearly marked him out. Like any good follower, the girl's parents invited the cleric into their home, providing him with food and shelter for a few days. During his time there the Cleric grew, not irritable but certainly... snappily curious. There was something about this farm that he ought to know, but couldn't put his finger on exactly what. The parents suggested that he examine the animals, as they never seemed to become ill or injured.

The cleric, devoid of other options, decided to check up on the animals. On his second day of study, he found what he was after. A cow had gotten loose, you see, and had quite a large gash in her side from a large splinter of wood. After watching for a few moments he was about to dismiss the idea and move on to another avenue of investigation. After healing the cow, of course, in return for the shelter and supplies. But before he had a chance to do so, he saw the girl walk up to the cow, place her hand near the gash and heal the wound. Probably better than he could have done.

This was it, this was what he had been looking for. The girl's unmatched raw potential for life was astounding. He knew immediately what had to be done. The cleric spoke with the girl's parents, explaining that her potential had to be fully realised, for the betterment of the world. It took a while, but after promising that the temple would take care healing duties for the farm (A promise that was kept), they agreed to allow their daughter to go with the cleric. So that one day her talents would be fully realised.

It took years of training and tutelage under various teachers, but eventually, the girl grew into her full potential and became known as Gentle Healer. Wherever she went, life flourished. Wounds were healed, illness was eradicated and even the passage of death became more bearable. One day, however, she came across a battlefield. She had heard that a war was about to be waged over a simple slight. She hoped that, if she got there in time, the Gentle Healer could prevent this war over words.

Alas, she was too late. But not by long. The bodies were fresh, the blood had yet to seep into the dirt, but worst of all, everyone had died. There was no victor in this war, only the defeated. It drove her to her knees, the pointlessness of it all, how a simple word spoken in haste could cause so much death. She began to weep and the sky itself wept with her. For how long the rain lasted, none can say, but it did not last for very long. For you see, for every soldier the waters of the rain touched, life was returned and wounds were sealed. The soldiers stood, confused. They looked around and saw that their "enemies" were alive too and stood to fight once more. But before they had the chance, they found a woman, crying in the mud. Asking to no one in particular, why this war was allowed to be. It was then, the soldiers knew, why they were alive. And the mistake they could not make again.

By taking upon yourself a small part of the grief the Gentle Healer felt at that moment, you can borrow a small part of her power. But to take upon the full burden of her grief would be perilous as it would turn the Episkeptis into a husk of sadness and despair. But even the small burden the Episkeptis lifts from the Gentle Healer takes a heavy toll.

When you use this Mythos, it begins raining in a circle that has a radius of (Charisma Modifier X 100)ft, centred on you. Despite the downpour, nothing in the area actually gets wet, however, all Allies (Including You) are affected by the following:

Cured of all the following Conditions: Ability damage, ability drain, blinded, cowering, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fascinated, fatigued, feebleminded, frightened, insanity, nauseated, panicked, paralysed, petrified, shaken, sickened, stunned, and poisoned. Additionally, any major trauma, such as a lost limb, is restored as if it were never lost.

Healed 20 Hit Points per Episkeptis Level. (Undead in range are damaged this amount, instead)

Allies within range that have been dead no longer than a number of rounds equal to the Episkeptis' level are brought back to life 0 Hit Points and healed 10 hit points per Episkeptis Level. The ally's body does not need to be "whole" for this to work, as their body is restored to completion due to the first effect.

Basic:

Ever present sadness: Once per encounter, you may use Mass Heal. Your Episkeptis level is treated as your caster level and there is no maximum hit point total you can heal.

On another note, I have an idea as to what the Episkeptis' "Shintai" Mythos will be. I don't have anything concrete, yet, but I have a starting point.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

30. - Top - End - #120

Okay, I've been working on my mythos class, and it's changing completely from an Assassin into some sort of energy manipulator. I think I'll have to alter the roster accordingly. Here's some class features, though.

Spoiler: Essence
    Show
    Aetheric Radiance
    Your body and soul are suffused with sheer astral energy. You gain a pool of "Essence" equal to your number of levels in Mythos-granting classes plus your Intelligence modifier, which you can use to empower your Mythos and class features. Whenever you spend essence, you radiate visible energy as per a Light spell until the end of your next turn. Essence that is spent is restored to its maximum after five minutes of uninterrupted meditation in a peaceful setting. Essence above your maximum vanishes after five minutes regardless. Lastly, the mystical power that courses through your veins wards you from harm, allowing you to add your Intelligence modifier to your AC while not wearing any armor.

Primeval Arcana
    You wield magic beyond the scope of ordinary wizards, tapping into your essence to shape powerful spells called "Arcana". As longs as you have at least one essence remaining, you may use the following abilities. You may spend additional essence to increase their effectiveness.

Mystic Turning: This Arcana is a ranged touch attack dealing 1d6 plus your INT modifier points of untyped damage. You may choose to make this damage non-lethal without penalty. By spending Essence, you may increase the damage dealt by this by 1d6 per point spent.

Luminous Rebuke: This Arcana is a melee touch attack that knocks a Large or smaller creature back 10 feet plus 5 additional feet per Essence spent. An additional Arcana must be spent for each size category the target is above Large. If the target collides with a solid object, both things take 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage for every five feet it was prevented from travelling. At the end of the knockback, the target must make a reflex save versus the DC (10+1/2[Mythos Class Name] Level+Int Modifier) or fall prone.