New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Hot Chicks: CON or CHA?

Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Or just have a good Charisma. I was playing a Male Stripper-Turned-Paladin in a campaign that recently collapsed.
    I believe you, but let's be honest. A male stripper is way more believable in a middle-aged setting than a male model. Littlefinger in GoT hires male prostitutes. But male models are a different thing, who would hire them and for what purpose? Unless it's basically the same thing I can't imagine how I can have a past as a "successful and well known!!!" male model. That's kinda the point of being Derek Zoolander.
    No offense, I'm not implying I'm being or sounding offensive but I don't want to appear aggressive.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

A funny fact: Geisha of Japan were, at one point, predominantly young boys and men. A Geisha would fit all of model, superstar, singer, dancer and prostitute.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Alright so the consensus for the stat distribution of a hot chick is as follows:

STR: 8-18
    DEX: 8-18
    CON: 8-18
    INT: 8-18
    WIS: 8-18
    CHA: 8-18

With at least one stat, dependant on the particular description of the hotness of the chick, being 15 or better and the higher the stat total the more likely there will be agreement that the chick is, in fact, "hot".

Alternatively: Use fire elemental bloodline/fire genasi, raptoran/half-celestial/chocobo, or pyromancer/cleric(fire domain) as supporting character choices.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Alternatively: Use ... chocobo ... as supporting character choices.
    You have weird fetishes...
    LGBTAitP

"You can't just go around opting out of critical analysis by preemptively declaring yourself pointless."

- Mordecai, Lackadaisy Cats

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by VeliciaL View Post
    You have weird fetishes...
    Are you saying you wouldn't consider a fire elemental bloodline chocobo pyromancer a "hot chick"?

Edit: Or, apparently, a pun fail?
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2014-08-18 at 01:33 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Are you saying you wouldn't consider a fire elemental bloodline chocobo pyromancer a "hot chick"?

Edit: Or, apparently, a pun fail?

Spoiler: Reaction
    Show

Less pun fail, more I'm slow.
    LGBTAitP

"You can't just go around opting out of critical analysis by preemptively declaring yourself pointless."

- Mordecai, Lackadaisy Cats

7. - Top - End - #127
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mexikorn View Post
    I believe you, but let's be honest. A male stripper is way more believable in a middle-aged setting than a male model. Littlefinger in GoT hires male prostitutes. But male models are a different thing, who would hire them and for what purpose? Unless it's basically the same thing I can't imagine how I can have a past as a "successful and well known!!!" male model. That's kinda the point of being Derek Zoolander.
    No offense, I'm not implying I'm being or sounding offensive but I don't want to appear aggressive.
    Meh. Fashion houses need male models too if you're operating under the general not actually medieval model anyway.

There are artists who like painting things other than (nude) women, and whether or not you want to take that towards the homoerotic is up to you.

No need to limit yourself to such hidebound thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I already came up with that idea too. His background is, he was a superstar/popstar (the thing that get's closest to manmodel) bard which got fed up with being rich and popular and good looking and wanted to go on an adventure and help people or so... it's some time since I actually saw the movie. Putting lots of points into Str/Dex/Con/Cha and very very little into Int/Wis. Then I'd have to roleplay a moronic character, but how to properly make your Ingame char act stupid without blocking YOURself to much is a topic for another thread.
    Zoolander should have sky high Cha, high Dex (the better to pull off his moves), low end mediocre Str and Con (*cough* I got the Black Lung, Pop *cough*), and dump Wis/Int. I'd go 8/18/8/6/6/18 from PB, for a 28 PB total.

I do like the Bard idea, though. It's so hot right now.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2014-08-18 at 11:35 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Zoolander should have sky high Cha, high Dex (the better to pull off his moves), low end mediocre Str and Con (*cough* I got the Black Lung, Pop *cough*), and dump Wis/Int. I'd go 8/18/8/6/6/18 from PB, for a 28 PB total.

I do like the Bard idea, though. It's so hot right now.
    I don't get your argument for this low STR and CON tho. He's a model doing "phsyical exercise" for a living, shouldnt it be at least average? He may not have shown any particularily amazing feats in the movie but he was chosen to be a male model assasin. I doubt high dex (and being a total moron) was the only criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Meh. Fashion houses need male models too if you're operating under the general not actually medieval model anyway.

There are artists who like painting things other than (nude) women, and whether or not you want to take that towards the homoerotic is up to you.

No need to limit yourself to such hidebound thinking.
    Yeah, yeah, I get where you're going.
    The thing is (I'm pedantic) even if you were a male model in the biggest "fashion industry" on the middle age planet, I'm pretty certain only rich merchants and nobility would know you. There is no (plausible) way to spread advertisment all the way to the common folk, which kinda means he's not exactly popular. And even if you were, no one would buy your stuff because they can't afford it. If that makes any sense. You know what I mean? It's difficult. (in my mind) And yes I believe being a popular musician is different :/ ?
    Last edited by Mexikorn; 2014-08-19 at 07:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't get your argument for this low STR and CON tho. He's a model doing "phsyical exercise" for a living, shouldnt it be at least average? He may not have shown any particularily amazing feats in the movie but he was chosen to be a male model assasin. I doubt high dex (and being a total moron) was the only criteria.
    Yup. The villain chose male super models for his assassins because of their perfect physical fitness, IIRC. They have to work out a lot to get those sculpted bodies and they move a lot when working. That was the joke at least, because we know that although some models are in good shape, it doesn't mean they're Olympic athletes.

The thing is (I'm pedantic) even if you were a male model in the biggest "fashion industry" on the middle age planet, I'm pretty certain only rich merchants and nobility would know you.
    I'd say it would be cityfolk in general. Even if you're too poor to buy such clothes, it's free to watch, no?
    Last edited by The Insanity; 2014-08-19 at 07:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Insanity View Post
    Yup. The villain chose male super models for his assassins because of their perfect physical fitness, IIRC. They have to work out a lot to get those sculpted bodies and they move a lot when working. That was the joke at least, because we know that although some models are in good shape, it doesn't mean they're Olympic athletes.

I'd say it would be cityfolk in general. Even if you're too poor to buy such clothes, it's free to watch, no?
    watch where? television broadcast? advertisments so the people who are to poor to be a target group for product placement can see you? or just open air shows with lots of commoners around? doesnt make sense in my mind

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

watch where?
    Um, where the fashion show is being held?

advertisments so the people who are to poor to be a target group for product placement can see you? or just open air shows with lots of commoners around?
    I'd imagine they would want as many people as possible to know of their clothes, so general advertisement, plus personal invitations for the rich and influential, is likely. Also not all citizens are commoners and some are able to afford at least one nice suit. And yes, open air shows would probably be a thing.

doesnt make sense in my mind
    Well, it does in my.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
    Appearance is best represented by a feat.
    Its best left to a Character description.
    Last edited by Leon; 2014-08-19 at 10:56 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

If you want to have a tangible effect on how NPCs react to you, the rule of "it don't mean a thing till you've paid for that swing" is going to come up.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

To add my two cents. Different high stats can represent different aspects of what we consider to be attractive. Charisma is a flowing and amazing personality, so somebody who is just magnetic could have high Charisma they could be perceived as very attractive. Quickness of wit is intelligence, wittiness can be attractive (as seen in Much Ado About Nothing). Wisdom is constancy and the ability to deal well with scenarios, faithfulness, holding to your principles, a very attractive trait (As we see in Persuasion). High Con can reflect an overall healthy person. Depending. High Dex generally represents a leanness which is often found attractive, and strength represents tone and tautness of muscle.

It's also worth noting that high stats in those areas don't necessarily represent any of those things, it's just a variety of different ways that people can be attracted to a particular person.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.