New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Hiest's Spells/Annoyance Remover Homebrews

Post other "annoyance removers" and/or suggestions, and if you plan on using mine, or utterly hate them, post that too. I''ll try to update to fix grammar, maybe post metric ones, and add stuff.

(New!) Cloak of Dragonkind (item)
    This highly ornate cloak seems to be a black cloak but in a certain light the color woven into the cloth shine. Very often the reator of such a cloak will coordinate the color and material to the light that the same colored dragon lives in. In the correct light the plain black cloak shines with the color of a dragon and reveals a wonderfully crafted picture of the dragon. If dispelled the cloak retains this effect as it is (amazingly) non-magical. The most stunning feature of the cloak is the small brooch on the front of the cloak shaped like a sleeping baby dragon made out of many different precious metals and gems. When one does not look directly at it seems to be breathing. If the wearer speaks the right phrase the small being awakes and crawls down the wearer's arm onto the held weapon or it becomes a guantlet with a dragon design. The other effects the, main ones? Well...

A young boy's eyes begin to wander from the forge he is helping his master in. A cloaked man walks down the dusty market street dressed simply with lonsword at his side. He wears no armor but only a beautiful glistening brooch shaped like a dragon. No one pays him any mind, "prob'ly a rich merchant" says Ernie contining to hammer at his forge, "keep yer eyes on yer work" His apprentice guiltily drops his eyes. Suddenly, a clamour breaks out in the street. A local gang has attempted to rob a herbalist woman, all the nobles in the streets stand in shock but no one stops the bandits from taking her gold. Now Ernie stops hammering and grabs a hammer from the wall. He sighs, but then sees he is not alone in a conflict the nobles will not deal with. The cloaked man whispers to himself and the wind carries it loudly around the street: "Arrise my ally of the deep!" His brooch springs to life crawling down to his longsword and settling on the hilt. As it crawls, the cloak under it glistens blue and erupts in scales that grow into beautiful armor shine like the sun. He turns on the gang and sees Ernie, the two sole heroes in the hot sun, "Eh, friend what do you say we do some justice to these scoundrells?"

Effect? The armor apearing. Twice a day you may say the command word and activate the armor granting a +4 deflection bonus to AC for one minute. If the brooch is destroyed the cloak is worthless. (Someone look up Lich standard phlya's, I lent my books away)

Weak Abjurtion mage armor caster level 3rd (only because it's minimum to make wonderous items, I think) price: 1200 gp (most of that being the cloak, not the spell, without the fancy cloak it is only 720 gp.)

Armor Skin

Sor/Wiz 0 Brd 1 Pal 1 Clr 0 Drd 0 Rngr 1
    Transmutation
    Target: Willing creatures touched up to caster level
    Sr/Saves: Yes (Harmless)
    You may sleep a night's sleep without your armor fatiguing you.

Calm stomach

Bard 0, Cleric 0, Druid 0
    Necromancy (healing)
    Target one willing creature per level
    Range medium
    Spell resistance No
    Save fort, harmless
    Casting time standard action
    Duration instantaneous

By channeling Undead (or deathless) energy, you kill (for negative energy) the bacteria that make the subject nauseous, or heal the damage (for positive energy) that the bacteria caused.

Perfect sleep

level Bard 1, cleric 0, druid 0, paladin 1, ranger 1, wizard/sorcerer 0
    Conjuration (force)/ Enchantment
    Target you
    Range you
    Spell resistance No
    Save will, harmless
    Duration 8 hours per level, or until dispelled

A simmering sheet comes into being that looks just like a bedroll. as you lay down on it, you feel very comfortable.

By summoning a sheet of force you create a bed that eliminates all penalties for uncomfortable bedding ground. In addition, this sheet also looks into your m subconscious and aligns itself to your turns and tosses. This allows you to get another save against a fear effect that prevents you from sleeping right (and thus preparing spells),If you succeed on this will save (same DC) you made prepare spells the next day as if there was no fear effect. This does not negate any other aspects of the fear effect. If this spell is used for anything but sleeping, it fails.

Yay, done, again!

Edit: Thank you Mr.Moron (pixie in the playground) thank you Smart Thog (umm...)
    Last edited by Hiest, monkey; 2007-12-12 at 04:43 PM. Reason: I don't know what a longswro is either, but I changed it to longsword. Also added other's homebrews to my list.
    My sig used to break the fourth wall, but then it fell through.
    You must have this much DPR to post below me. Math-crafting is always fun!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hiest's Spells/Annoyance Remover Homebrews

Quote Originally Posted by Hiest, monkey View Post
    Glide

Sor/Wiz 2 Travel 2 Bard 2
    Transmutation
    Taget: Self/1 Creature per level
    Range: Medium, (someone check #'s for me, I lent my books to someone)
    Spell resistance: yes
    Saves: Will, Ref.(see text)
    Casting time: standard action
    Duration: 1 Min.+ 1/ Lev.

At casting your, or creature touched, hovers to one foot in the air, rising and eliminating rough terrain penalties. You instantly gain speed 360, and minmum speed 100. Maneuvering is now a pain, requiring a dex. check to turn. (Someone please table this) For a 45 degrees or less DC 17 for 90 degrees DC 20. If you turn gradually you may do so freely to DM discretion. Hitting something solid: (I did the math) 1/2 falling dammage at 100 ft/sec and full falling at 360 ft/sec. By making a reflex save you may touch the ground and stop moving, but every five ft. you move causes you to lift your feet some, thus requiring a save for each five feet you move. Oh yeah, and you may only carry your max load. nagging an object to overweigh yourself requires dex checks (DM set).
    Gladly

Glide Dex DC
    {table=head]Movement |DC
    Turn =<45°|17
    Turn 90°|20
    Land|Spell's DC
    Walk 5ft|Spell's DC
    Extra Weight|Set by DM
    [/table]

Though I think it may be simpler to use the standard rules for turning in flight, even if the subject is just hovering. Clumsy would be 45° over 10ft, plenty cumbersome to try and get around obstacles especially at that speed.

I won't comment on balance but "Hover" or something similar might be a better name for the spell. Glide gives me the impression of flight at a steady decline with no way to maneuver up, well short of an updraft or something.

EDIT: I think medium range should be (100ft + 10ft/Caster Level).
    EDIT(Again): Boy the forums are slow right now. I'm just adding another entry to the table for walking 5ft, just to make it clearer.
    Last edited by Mr.Moron; 2007-10-23 at 03:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

heres one I got from a full frontal nerdity comic specificly this one http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/ffn...ate=2004-09-15

Calm stomach

Bard 0, Cleric 0, Druid 0
    Necromancy (healing)
    Target one willing creature per level
    Range medium
    Spell resistance No
    Save fort, harmless
    Duration instantaneous

By channeling Undead (or deathless) energy, you kill (for negative energy) the bacteria that make the subject nauseous, or heal the damage (for positive energy) that the bacteria caused.

Oh and for fools flight, 360 is way too fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yarr, and I would have gotten away with it to. If I was smarter.

- captain McCallister

my stats
    LG Human Paladin 1/ Sorcerer 1

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall View Post
    Thog is more than a character - Thog is a universal truth
    Smart Thog by me, Smart Thog

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mr. Smart thog, I thank you for the suggestion and spell, but I'd like to ask, do you mean it's too fast for the level, or that it's just plain too fast. The reason I made it so fast was to make some serious major consequences for tying to go ridiculously fast, for example the minimum speed requirement, so whileyou go fast you are also hurt terribly by the speed. Hitting a wall at fall speed or a lance set againsta chare at the same spee is not fun. The thing is It's good for escaping fast, or approaching faster than the besieged party can notice.

I understand it is ridiculously fast, but the speed itself makes it hard to survie just about anything solid, or pointy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

EDIT- The forums were slow so sorry bout that double post.
    Last edited by Hiest, monkey; 2007-10-26 at 02:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiest, monkey View Post
    Mr. Smart thog, I thank you for the suggestion and spell, but I'd like to ask, do you mean it's too fast for the level, or that it's just plain too fast. The reason I made it so fast was to make some serious major consequences for tying to go ridiculously fast, for example the minimum speed requirement, so whileyou go fast you are also hurt terribly by the speed. Hitting a wall at fall speed or a lance set againsta chare at the same spee is not fun. The thing is It's good for escaping fast, or approaching faster than the besieged party can notice.

I understand it is ridiculously fast, but the speed itself makes it hard to survie just about anything solid, or pointy.
    Well manly, go 360 is way too fast for non epic spell. Just let the target go at their normal speed, while being 1 inch off the ground. Second, you double posted.

Spoiler
    Show

- captain McCallister

my stats

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by smart thog View Post
    Well manly, go 360 is way too fast for non epic spell. Just let the target go at their normal speed, while being 1 inch off the ground.
    I agree, Expeditious Retreat gives you a +30ft to your movement speed as a first level spell. With this you could wait two levels then get Fools Fight and go 6x your movement speed with Expeditious Retreat on.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll work on it, just not right now. I also got a great magic rebuild, but it's pretty huge so I'll make a new thread for it.

I stand by my 360 speed though, I will write up a variant that makes a bit more sense. I will also remove the movemnt penalties, hard turning needing to land wall damage etc. Since there really is no advantage to that new spell I'll come up with something.

Really just and inch above and normal speed is freedom of movement

I may remove the spell altogether.

edit: I noted that it is base land speed therefore fast movement and expedious retreat don't stack.

I geuss I got the idea while mountain biking, thus great possible speed, but minimum speed, and painful crashes, and turning 180 is hard.

Plus great to use against enimies in conjunction with wall of whatever or a set lance. Which deals like five bilion times more damage that way.
    Last edited by Hiest, monkey; 2007-10-26 at 07:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno... I like the flavor... and, despite the name, it rewards forethought...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes I am aware of the lack of quality of the name. Because I invented it. And I knew it was terrible the moment I did.

Don't just stand there complaining, make up a name for me!!

I'm kidding.

btw in about like twen'y minutes there should be a new magic item.
    Last edited by Hiest, monkey; 2007-10-26 at 06:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

I look forward to it.

New spell!!!

Perfect sleep

level Bard 1, cleric 0, druid 0, paladin 1, ranger 1, wizard/sorcerer 0
    Conjuration (force)/ Enchantment
    Target you
    Range you
    Spell resistance No
    Save will, harmless
    Duration 8 hours per level, or until dispelled

A simmering sheet comes into being that looks just like a bedroll. as you lay down on it, you feel very comfortable.

By summoning a sheet of force you create a bed that eliminates all penalties for uncomfortable bedding ground. In addition, this sheet also looks into your m subconscious and aligns itself to your turns and tosses. This allows you to get another save against a fear effect that prevents you from sleeping right (and thus preparing spells),If you succeed on this will save (same DC) you made prepare spells the next day as if there was no fear effect. This does not negate any other aspects of the fear effect. If this spell is used for anything but sleeping, it fails.
    Last edited by smart thog; 2007-11-30 at 01:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

- captain McCallister

my stats

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

cloak is up. Also I decide I don't like my fool's flight idea.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Whoops I forgot to name my sleeping spell, I will fix that.

New spell

Light step

level Bard 2, cleric 2, druid 2, Paladin 1, blackgaurd 1, ranger 1, wiz/sorcerer 2
    Transmution
    Target you
    Range you
    Spell resistance No
    Save will, harmless
    Duration 1 hour per level

As you cast this spell, your pack feels comfortable, and your Shoulders thank you

This spell lets you treat your strength score as if it were 20 points higher for the purpose of carrying lodes.

Spoiler
    Show

- captain McCallister

my stats

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, heist, I think you might want to change something to your item. (which is pretty sweet, by the way -- mind if I use?) You use mage armor as the required spell but make the AC bonus provided a deflection bonus -- mage armor provides an armor bonus, not a deflection bonus. Deflection bonuses are WAY more powerful than armor bonuses, because you can wear armor and have the effects stack.

- Fiery Diamond

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Hey, heist, I think you might want to change something to your item. (which is pretty sweet, by the way -- mind if I use?) You use mage armor as the required spell but make the AC bonus provided a deflection bonus -- mage armor provides an armor bonus, not a deflection bonus. Deflection bonuses are WAY more powerful than armor bonuses, because you can wear armor and have the effects stack.

- Fiery Diamond
    I honor of Heists magic item, I have a new spell

Suppress armor

Level Bard 2, Cleric 3, Druid 2, Paladin 3, Blackguard 3, Ranger 2
    Conjuration
    Target you
    Range you
    Spell resistance No
    Save will, harmless
    Casting time 1 standard action per minute required to don armor
    Duration 1 hour per level

As the spell is completed, your armor changes into a translucent aura over your skin that only you can see

When you cast this spell, you may suppress your armor as a free action. You may call it back as a free action, or, whenever a attack is rolled agaisnt you, you may opt to have the armor appear just in time to save your skin, and your AC is treated as if you had your armor on for the attack.

As you can see, Bard, Druids, and Rangers can use this spell earlier then a Clerics, Paladins, or Blackguards could. this is because Bards, Druids and Rangers have to wear lighter armor then Clerics Paladins and Blackguards.

Spoiler
    Show

- captain McCallister

my stats

Ability Scores:
    Str- 15
    Dex- 14
    Con- 16
    Int- 17
    Wis- 13
    Cha- 16

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

wow I haven't posted anything in weeks. Well I'm almost done with a new magic item, in fact two. Yayz! Z's X's and "of doom" makes everything better

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Master crafted plate armour of the humble:

What appears to be plate armour roughly half the size it should be; the armour takes extra damage from piercing weapons, but half damage from all other types of non-magical attacks. Also reduces charisma, due to people mocking it for it's appearance.

.. Totally mooched the idea from 'A knights tale'