1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Boundless Isles IC

West Trading Company
    D. ESP: 10

Spoiler: The Silver Mage (PM)
    Show
    "Weeeell, now..."

Joe murmured to himself, stroking his stubble as he considered the question.

"How 'bout 'e easiest way to go 'bout it? Like, say, 'e fella's got a lotta ships to go 'round, 'n he needs e'rry one o' 'em able to pass 'e same message. So, mebbe summat simple 'nuff tha' a bunch o' wannabe magelings, hired for cheap 'n put one on each boat, still got skill 'nuff to cast 'e same spell when it be called for."

"Hell, come to think o' it, it dun e'en hafta be no particular message. Might be 'e invisible magicky sort o' a flare gun for all Joe knows, jus' tha' only 'e fella 'n his cronies know wha' it means when it happens. So mebbe not e'en a buncha wannabe magelings, jus' a whole lot o' 'e same magical doodad tha' any mundane lubber can use. Ye can think of wha' tha' might be?"

The old grizzled sailor then grinned. It's a wonder how a man of his age, in his particular profession, could retain such a healthy set of choppers.

"As for Joe's plan for 'e scurvies... well, 'em pirates dun usually whack each other if they can help it. It jus' be courtesy, ye know? No point wailin' on each other, it jus' distracts 'em from profitin' on 'e hapless merchant haulers, 'n hurts 'em for no real good reason."

"So if one 'o 'em do break this 'ere unspoken rule, it shure will get 'e goat o' 'e rest o' 'em scurvies. So wha' if, we got one or a couple 'o 'em to do jus' tha'?"

Spoiler: Internal (GM)
    Show
    Waiting for your response to my previous question, Zem.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Duke Likeay to West Trading Company (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Kein didn't respond for a moment, his face showing the effort it took him to work his way through Joe's accent. "You...want to arrange to have pirates fight each other? I'm not sure what the DEEC has to do with--oh." He paused for a moment. "You want to get Constance in a fight with the Company. Not a bad thought, though I don't like that it might imply that the Duke can't take vengeance himself on those who cross him. It's not good to be perceived as having to rely on the Company's response ships."

West Trading Company Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sending ships in is an EoT action. However...

5 Tavern Wenches. Roll: 33

Rumor has it that it's some adventurous explorer who happened to run afoul of the Republic's piratical tendencies. The name Jonathan Strome has been mentioned.

??? to Blackmoor (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ah," said the stranger, "I hadn't heard about your other contracts. That makes sense, I suppose. Well. Wouldn't do to give the good Ambassador any ammunition for the next little favor he asks, now would it?" He chuckled, and stood, draining his remaining coffee. "I think that is all for now, Mr. Kervos. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, unproductive as it turned out to be. I'll be seeing you."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

West Trading Company

Spoiler: Duke Likeay (PM)
    Show
    "Ho! Haw haw haw! Tha' be real close, haw! No cigar for ye, though."

Joe guffawed heartily, amused.

"Well aye, gettin' tha' Wench scrappin' against 'e DEECs be in 'e cards. Not really Joe's real plan, no... tha' jus' be Joe's idea to get 'e DEEC's knickers in a twist, make 'em lose Coin 'n waste more houndin' 'e Dread Pirate for their losses. Weaken 'em, so yer Duke can compete wit' 'em a bit better, see? Not 'e main idea though, no."

He folded his arms, regarding Kein with a gleam in his eye.

"Naw, when Joe says make 'e scurvies fight each other, Joe means make 'e scurvies fight each other. We know where tha' den o' villainy 'n scum, Port Noire be now."

"So, wha' ye say if, say... 'e Dread Pirate Constance herself hits Port Noire? Shure would cause a real tizzy, aye?"

Spoiler: Internal (GM)
    Show
    EoT complete, based on latest information.
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2014-12-10 at 11:25 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sea Queen Trading Company

New verdan
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies, I've run some numbers and realized that selling your rum at this time is not profitable for us. However, we are willing to pay you for information on the contents of the islands you explored. As our own exploration has been limited due to factors out of our control, we are sadly lacking information and as such have had difficulty making ends meet in the last few months.

[ooc: I just realized that I've been misinterpreting the rules and the map on a grand scale and am really far behind because of it.]

If we are able to find commodities we can sell, once we have some capital and are able to invest in a more efficient trading fleet, we would be more than willing to buy rum from you, in large amounts, even. Unfortunately, this will take a few months to arrange, but we would like to continue doing business with you.

Open Message to explorers [Horizon, Arcana Expeditions, Blackmoor, and New Verdan]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We at the Sea Queen Trading Company would be willing to compensate explorers for sharing information that leads to the acquisition of profitable commodities on the Far Isles.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #395

Blackmoor
    Morale: 5

To Sea Queen Trading Company (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe of those contacted, Blackmoor has seen the most of the Far Isles. What specific resources would you be looking for, and what are you offering for payment?

-Kervos Morgan

To Arcana Expeditions (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: In response to a PM where Lost said 6 Coin per Blackpowder Weapon 3 was more than he was looking for.]

Unfortunately, the previously stated amount is the market price of flintlocks in the Water. However, I would be willing to accept payment in things other than, or in addition to, Coin. As an example, while I know your charter forbids you from holding land, I still feel as a co-discoverer, you have a right to share knowledge about the islands we have seen. If you are amenable, I may knock a few Coin off the total if you agree to give me the exclusive rights to such information, both in future cooperations as well as retroactively.

If you instead want to come to some arrangement where Blackmoor may reverse engineer any artifacts you find, or something else that you feel would be of interest to me, then I would be eager to hear it.

To the Fleet of Chains (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings again,

I was wondering if you would be willing to share any information on the islands you've explored. A contact of mine informed me that one of them contained a mine staffed with golems and a mineral that could be refined into Reagents, which Blackmoor would be greatly interested in. And any others containing resources of value, or odd magick things.

-Kervos Morgan

To Dread Pirate Constance (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have recalled something said to me by the natives of Garotte Atoll about a woman with fire. Would that happen to have been you, a couple of season ago?

I am asking with intent to possibly purchase information from you on the Far Isles, specifically details on the natives, resources, and whatever else would be of use on certain territories. However, in my travels with Arcana, I have seen most of those that the Water is aware of. Are there any past the known map you have explored, or those of Orsag's Eyes?

-Kervos Morgan

To the Silver Mage (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you have a problem with Blackmoor establishing a lumber mill on Osprey's Nest? Construction on the port at Baruna has stalled because my last shipment of supplies got attacked by pirates, and it would be much simpler to have the source of my materials nearby.

And did you ever happen to find anything of interest about the site? Or is it just simply the wreck of a trading vessel?

-Kervos Morgan

To New Verdan (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    It slipped my mind that Osprey's Nest has a forest we could be harvesting for materials instead of shipping them from the Water. I may establish a plantation there in the coming season to have a supply within striking distance of Baruna. Would you be able to assist me in the logistics involved? I still lack a fleet to move resources there.

-Kervos Morgan

To Horizon (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations,

I have not heard from your company since news arrived your ship was lost in a storm almost a year ago.

How do you fare?

-Kervos Morgan

Internal (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So the following are messages I'll put up after EoT is processed. I don't want to have such a huge block of spoilers right now, and I have plenty of time.

Spoiler
    Show
    To Fe Nasr Shipping (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

I have managed to reverse engineer d'Ombrey's submersible, however the cost would be quite steep. How much would you be willing to pay for a single vessel?

-Kervos Morgan

To the Islands of the Pit (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

I've been looking towards expanding my presence in the Far Isles. As one of the peoples who have been friendly to me in my exploration, I was curious if your island had anything that could be of interest to the outside world? We may be able to work together to sell it to the Water and split the profits.

-Kervos Morgan

To the Herkers (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

I've been looking towards expanding my presence in the Far Isles. As one of the peoples who have been friendly to me in my exploration, I was curious if your island had anything that could be of interest to the outside world? We may be able to work together to sell it to the Water and split the profits.

-Kervos Morgan

To the Hoydre Tribe (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

-Kervos Morgan

To the Jhamo Tribe (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

I've been looking towards expanding my presence in the Far Isles. As one of the peoples who have been friendly to me in my exploration, I was curious if your island had anything that could be of interest to the outside world? We may be able to work together to sell it to the Water and split the profits. I would of course ensure all parties involved on my side respect the Long Wave, and defer to your judgement on its will.

-Kervos Morgan
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-12-15 at 10:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396

New Verdan
    Spoiler
    Show
    On second thought... taking into account the assets we gained while I was away, it looks like we may be able to purchase rum from you after all.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2014-12-14 at 08:46 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

7. - Top - End - #397

You that never done nothin'
    But build to destroy
    You play with my world
    Like it's your little toy

TURN FIVE BEGINS

Open war has finally broken out between the Kingdom of Merdallan and the Illarym Empire. Imperial Soulless have been reported in the Black Forest, fighting with the King’s Own Silent Creek Guard, and the members of the Chamber of Nobles are calling up their personal levies. Travel through the region is likely to be dangerous for some time to come, both from the fighting and due to certain nobles’ habit of conscripting every able-bodied traveller they can find into their forces.

Arcana Expeditions has opened their museum on the Masked King’s Court in Buron, attracting the curious and adventurous with its stories of far-off islands, as well as representatives from various trade houses looking for some profit to be made from an adventure to the Far Isles, now that the mainland has become more dangerous for travel.

Intelligence 2+ or Attendance at the Grand Opening
    Spoiler
    Show

There are two main exhibits in the Museum on opening night, and several smaller ones.

THE ROOF OF THE WORLD!
    The Exploration of Orsag’s Eyes

The Mechod Daglorus claim dominion over the whole of Orsag’s Eyes, though Arcana only actually encountered them on the Islands of the Standard. The Daglorus, also known as the Warriors of the Hard Code, claim to be descended from the tribe that Orsag himself was once a part of before his ascendancy to godhood. They say that they guard and protect the Eyes and all worshippers of Orsag. They are extremely aggressive, unless you pay tribute to them.

The Islands of the Pit are a semi-circular arrangement of isles around a central expanse of empty water called, as might be expected, the Pit. The locals say that a great monster lives in the Pit, though the reports of just what that creature is are not exactly coherent. Arcana, for its part, didn’t see hide nor hair of any such beast, but that hasn’t stopped them from taking a few of the more lurid descriptions and having their naturalists make some rather nice drawings of what they think it might look like. Tentacles feature prominently. Included in the exhibit is a list of evidence supporting the monster’s existence, including claw marks along cliffs, strange tidal behavior noticed by the expedition in passing, and a note from an “undersea associate explorer” confirming that there is indeed a massive pit in the ocean floor in the space between the Islands of the Pit.

The Ebonhard Icemont and Herkers are as far north as a seafaring vessel may go. The Icemont is a vast, mostly-uninhabited glacier, struck through with veins of a strange bluish metal, samples of which are prominently displayed in the exhibit, alongside drawings of and tusks from walruses and other bizarre northern creatures. Herkers, for its part, is much more hospitable, due to having some dirt under the ice at points, and is home to several nomadic tribes that the Arcana expedition spent time with, hunting whales and immersing themselves in the local culture.

THE MYSTERY OF VONISSI!

This exhibit is dominated by a pair of large charcoal renderings of an island. In the first, the place looks idyllic, sun beaming down and a hint of old and intriguing ruins behind the trees. In the second, all that warm comfort has been stripped away; the same island is shown with dark clouds blotting out the sky, and no less than seven towering waterspouts circling its shores. The expedition account says that after a week of exploring the ruins on the island (artifacts from which are on prominent display) they were warned by their resident fortune teller that something had been awoken on the island. Fleeing on their ships, the second picture is what they saw behind them, stormclouds appearing with supernatural speed and whirlwinds lashing at the sea where they had been at anchor only hours before. The artifacts they brought back from the ruins have similar themes, scenes of natural disasters of every kind painted in colors faded by time.

The other exhibits in this area detail the islands Arcana Expeditions visited in the Sharkspine near Vonissi. The Funeral Eyre, where they were met by strange creatures wrapped in tattered shawls, which sent the expedition on its way with warnings that the food and water of the island were not safe to consume; Garotte Atoll, home of the thin and strong wiretrees and also friendly natives; Baruna, a tropical paradise home to the rum makers of the Baruna Sugary, and also now to New Verdan’s enclave in the Far Isles; and the Republic of Massau, which so far as Arcana Expeditions is concerned is a bunch of pirates.

A Deillnc Clan caravan carrying a payment in gold from Blackmoor’s foundries in the Uplands was ambushed by parties unknown, the clansmen massacred and the gold stolen, in the worst bandit raid in the Uplands in sixteen years. The remaining Clan has sworn that they will have bloody revenge on whoever is responsible for the murder of their kin.

Blackmoor has won the latest weapons contract from the Buron Sheriff’s Guild, and is providing the Guild’s bluejackets with quality firearms.

A festival has been held in Bonse to celebrate the town’s recent good fortune.

Intelligence 5+ or Factions Active in Orsag’s Eyes This Turn
    Spoiler
    Show

The Mechod Daglorus have been driven back from the General by the Fleet of Chains, and are regrouping at the Islands of the Standard, where a Chains scout vessel was destroyed before it could report back. Not that that kept the knowledge of what it had seen from the Chainsmen.

Intelligence 6+ or Merchants Water Lore 3+
    Spoiler
    Show

Breakvale magi have taken a trip to Vederfroun, at the behest of the Fleet and Bonse, to work on some project there.

Intelligence 2+ or Baskor Faction
    Spoiler
    Show

Rumors are spreading that at least some of the food provided by Bente Vos Calloum is made from vagrants who won’t be missed.

A Fe Nasr ship was taken by pirates within the Water itself. Rumor has it that the survivors have marked the Dread Pirate Constance as the culprit.

Intelligence 5+ or Far Isles Lore 3+
    Spoiler
    Show

The pirate known as Lady Death was ambushed by a combined fleet from the Republic of Massau and Horizon. The Republic and the trade company seem to be working together, now.

You put a gun in my hand
    And you hide from my eyes
    And you turn and run farther
    When the fast bullets fly.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2015-01-01 at 05:06 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

8. - Top - End - #398

Divers Guild
    D-ESP: 8

Magnum Opus
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've learned of many unsettling developments this season. We should meet as soon as possible to discuss the state of Baskor.

- Vara

Baskor Darkhouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to our friends below. I apologize in advance for this embarrassment, but one of our divers was spooked by something on a recent salvage job, and I wanted to quell his suspicions. He seems to believe he saw a creature on the ocean floor near the city, a man made of stone with eyes of obsidian and seaweed robes. I told him that he was probably overtired and seeing monsters where there were only shadows, but he insists on his account. He thought it might be some twisted Subsoulless, but I was under the impression that those were made of metal, not stone, are they not? If you have seen anything of that description, I would very much like to hear that story; otherwise perhaps it was nothing.

- Vara Brinn

Arcana Expeditions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well there we have it, I suppose. The legacy of a mysterious, hellish beast, the investigation of which would surely lead to a swift and exciting demise. That being the case, I'm afraid it may be resigned to a future as a particularly fascinating paperweight. If it is to rest anywhere, though, I imagine it would be better suited to a museum than my half-flooded home in Baskor. For a nominal finder's fee, of course; afterwards, if any of you are feeling particularly compelled to pursue its history, it may come in handy again.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

Baskor Darkhouse

Spoiler: Divers Guild
    Show
    To the Other,
    It is rumored that after his second term ended a score back Committeeman Harnuld took to the compulsive mastication of oysters and in their pursuit wandered waveside for a spell. Time enough has passed for him to have grown quite large. Forgive this humble Ordinator's slippery grasp on the natural sciences, but the necessary pupil dilation and absence of his customary lotion baths could account for the skin and eyes.
    Perhaps your diver should be granted a nap. By the way, We heard about the man meat. Worry not, it made us think no less of you.
    The Brethren

10. - Top - End - #400

Arcana Expeditions
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had not heard news of your exhibition. I'll be stopping by as soon as I have the time to spare.
    -Kyle
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2015-01-02 at 01:39 AM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

West Trading Company

"'n dere she goes."

Joe remarked, as he watched his latest adversary sail off into the sunset, screaming curses at him the whole way. Once again he had outfoxed his enemy, and once again had let them slip away from him. He could not help but sigh to himself. Back in the day, he had a trick up his sleeve to tackle just this sort of issue... he had his reasons for not bringing that trick with him to the Water, but it was becoming clear he would have a need for it here as well. As to how he would reproduce it here...

"What now, Cap'n?"

Joe turned, seeing it was one of his boys who asked the question. He didn't answer for a second, but instead cast his gaze out to the other fleet that had shown up. He would have to figure out the answer to his previous question another day, but for now...

"Hail 'e other folks, m'boy. Let's be seein' wha' be goin' on 'ere."

Spoiler: To Horizon, Massau
    Show
    "Ahoy dere! Seems like ye folks have a beef wit' tha' noisy shrew dere, aye? So wha' gives? Fill ol' Joe in on 'e details, will ye?"

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show
    I should have gotten 5 Coin from selling Rare Stone to Blackmoor the other time, which means I should have 10 Coin now after selling the sugar to Likeay.

I also had Isabelle spend one Action to set up a circle on Baruna. What became of that?

Also, what do I have to do to develop a new Faction Trait? Specifically, I'm thinking of developing [Chain Shot], which in mechanical terms will significantly reduce the chances of an enemy being able to flee from a Fleet engagement, forcing them to surrender or fight to the death; or alternatively to significantly increase the chances of my own Fleet being able to flee from an engagement successfully. What do I have to invest for that?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2015-01-02 at 10:04 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

The Silver Mage
    Morale: 0

Charts, schematics, and various eldritch apparatuses lay scattered around the little cottage. The Silver Mage's research had been going well. He felt as if he was making good progress on unlocking the secrets of creation. But still he felt like he was forgetting something. The archmage decided to take a walk to help jog his memory.

Proceeding down the mountain side he contemplates the view. Further below golem scurried like ants going about their mindless, but still purposeful business. The docks were expanding at a fine rate as well. Perhaps he could put the vats downwind of them on the shore. The view of the sea was also giving him some ideas for how to use fish in some interesting new ways. But he still felt as if he was forgetting something.

The memory was elusive and hard to pin down. Which was frustrating as he usually found the silence to be quite conducive to thought. Wait that was it. It was silent, which meant the sailors were gone, but he did still have some contact with other people. Which he had forgotten to respond to. How impolite. He would get right on that.

To Blackmoor
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not lay claim to the island. Feel free to establish your own efforts here. And as to your other claim I have found nothing of extraordinary interest.

To the West Trading Company (OOC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I completely missed your last message. Do you want to continue the conversation?)
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-01-02 at 11:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: @ArcaneStomper
    Show
    Yes, please. Still waiting for your response.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

The Silver Mage

To West Trading Company (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm afraid the problem isn't thinking of a method to let off a magical signal, as much as it is narrowing down the specific kind out of all the possibilities. There are many ways to communicate, and if all you wish to do is set off some sort of beacon the options diversify considerably. Just creating a light would do. And that could be either real, or illusion, or done through artifice. It would also be much harder to counter as there are less complex components to disrupt. Though there are a few counter magics which would still do the job."

"As for your plan. I was not aware that the pirates had any sort of fraternity. In my experience criminals tend to regard each other solely as competitors not allies. And they are quick to take down their fellows if the opportunity arises. But they also dislike any venture that offer less reward than risk. And so stay away from their peers who can both fight back and do not have any riches worth plundering."

"But I suppose your plan could work if you could make one of them seem to do something especially antagonizing. My thought would be to either have your target either appear to be working with the authorities to set up his fellows, or have plundered an especially enticing prize."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

West Trading Company

Show
    "So wha', yer sayin' tha' 'e only way to know for shure wha' they be usin' is to go ask 'em? Arrr, tha' gonna be a tad hard, 'n tha' be sellin' it short. Dun there be nuthin' tha' me lass can cast as a spell to figure out wha' exactly it be, at least?"

Joe groaned, rubbing his unruly mop of hair.

"As for 'e scurvies... Yeah, we could do tha'. Or, we could make it look like one o' 'em make a play for bein' 'e top pirate in these Waters. Take out 'e competiton, grab their boats 'n gold, 'n put 'erself at 'e top."

As he spoke, a wide grin appeared on Joe's face, making him look wily indeed.

"'N to do tha', a scurvy o' such ambition gotta hit 'e one place tha' be important to all 'e other scurvies. In short, to sack Port Noire."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arcana Expeditions

The opening is everything that Mundi had hoped for, and more! The "oohs!" and "aahs!" of both commoners and hoi pallois alike bring a smile to his face.

The confirmation of shipments arriving and sold, and the growth of his fleet, brings a quieter smile. You have to keep your money moving to make money, that's the first lesson a merchant learns...

It's a golden age of exploration, and he's helped fan the zeitgeist. But now comes the next part, and as he goes to meet with his partners, he's already making plans for the morrow... And writing letters. Lots of letters.

ARCANA EXPEDITIONS
    DESP: 5

to Buron Foreign Office

Spoiler
    Show

Greetings, sirs! I trust business is good, and this letter finds you in good health.

Having found ourselves with a surplus of Ebonhard metal, we're now rather curious as to the uses of the stuff. And having been a loyal son of Buron all my life, I've a preference to keep that business local for the minute. Might you recommend any competent local alchemists, smiths, and forgewrights who could analyze said shards?

to Blackmoor
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, it looks like the shipment arrived, though I thought we were still dickering price. No matter, the opening went well, so we can afford to pay you full price for it. Would you like us to deliver, or would you prefer to pick up the coin here?

Regards,
    -Mundi

to Blackmoor, D'ombrey, and Lady Constance
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings, I hope this finds you in good health!

Having procured our third vessel, we are preparing to explore the far northeast. This'll be a long, cold voyage, but once it's covered we can start hitting more tropical waters. Not sure who else has been working the north, but they've got most of the near stuff done, so the far stuff is on us.

Lady, we'll gladly pay for an escort, and trust you to meet us on the way if you wish to enjoy our company for this. Mr. Court's free to visit again if you wish to discuss details, or settle a price.

Yrs,
    -Arkanos Mundi

to Divers Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Well! You promised a mystery, and you certainly delivered! We can definitely put it into our vaults, not likely to cause trouble there. Probably going to save running down its history until we've got bigger guns and more mages. Or maybe subcontract... We'll have to discuss options with Lady D'ombrey. See how she feels about it. Yes, we'll keep this, since you're amenable. Finder's fee... Hm, how about [4 coin]? Seems fair for the skull of a creature that shouldn't be...

to Sea Queen Trading Company
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah! I'm quite sorry, your invitation must have been lost at sea. Please, feel free to stop by anytime! I can give you the private tour to make up for my rudeness. Too, we can discuss trade commodities. Uncovered a few more, that might be worth your time...

Your servant,
    -Arkanos Mundi

to Baskor Darkhouse
    Spoiler
    Show

Maximus pauses for a long moment. "Sorry, lost in thought. That's a hell of a story, mate! Heir to the Brotherhood? Must be rough." He takes a long pull of his drink, then sits back, looking at it with a goofy smile. "Yeah. This is nice. Just sitting here and shooting the bull. You know, I used to be a total wreck. Itinerant archaeologist who grabbed the wrong idol, got cursed with an interesting life. If I spent too long doing nothing, then something exciting would happen to me. Sounds nice, right?" He laughs, takes kills the ale. "Nah. See, it never turned off. I'd take a few days to rest up in port, and one day I'd sit at a table to eat dinner, and an acolyte of an assassin cult would jump through the window and try to slay me with his kris. Or I'd get kidnapped by a rogue mage looking for experiment fodder, and have to find my way out of his murder maze."

He gives the fishman a deadpan look. "Seriously. He called it a murder maze. Who the hell DOES that?"

He slides the ale mug down to the bartender. "All that changed when I started working for Mundi. When I found Fortuna. Best thing that ever happened to me, was her pluckin' on my fate strings..."

Internal
    [GM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm. 24 coin's a lot to ship. Any way to secure it so that it reaches Blackmoor without incident, or at least make it quite difficult to hijack?

Also, the name for the new clipper shall be the Runecast.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2015-01-02 at 02:56 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Silver Mage
    D. Esp: 0

To West Trading Company (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course there is. I was speaking of what was theoretically possible. If you have a specific person in mind, then there are various ways to divine what is going on at a distance. The most direct would be simple spying. Divination is the primary school of magic for this sort of inquiry, but I myself prefer to use wind spirits and ghosts."

The Silver Mage regards Joe. With his expression hidden by his mask he represents a stoic contrast to Joe's eagerness, but he motions for the old sailor to continue.

"You suggest a false flag operation then. To make it appear that our target is getting too ambitious."
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-01-02 at 03:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408

Blackmoor

Spoiler
    Show
    I would prefer delivery. And thank you for your understanding. I must have misplaced the stop order form and my people went ahead with the shipment. Anyways, congratulations on your opening! I was rather impressed by what I heard of the exhibits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I am looking to hire a trading company to move 3 Cargo Units of material from the Water Proper (my facilities in the Uplands) as well as escort my Clipper from Hephausn (just across the North Darrigan Strait from the Uplands) to Sunken Baskor. Are you available and what price would that come out to?

To Arcana Expeditions, d'Ombrey, and Lady Constance (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Fleet of Chains is the other major explorer of the region. I know they found Vederfroun, and I'd assume they are the ones mapping Orsag's Eyes.

Anyways, my expeditionary ship is ready to join you, now that it's brought the Ore and Oil home.

To University Arcana (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I have recently embarked on a series of experiments alongside Lady d'Ombrey to further our knowledge of Elsinier elementalism. I was wondering if you would have any interest in our results?

To Clan Deillnc (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My deepest condolences for the loss of your clansmen. Is there any way I can be of assistance?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-01-04 at 03:01 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

West Trading Company

Show
    "Yeh, tha', wha' ye said! Shurely ye got summat tha' me lassie can learn, 'n use to figure out wha' exactly it be. Tha' divinating crap or other-"

"A-HEM!"

Isabelle suddenly cut in, clearing her throat in a conspicuous manner, and shooting a death glare at the salty old sailor. Not missing a beat, she bowed deep to the Silver Mage, and picked up where he left off.

"Excuse me, Your Puissance. What my superior means to say is, that he hopes you would be amenable to teaching me the techniques of Divination, or otherwise any form of magic, that would allow me to learn the specific means by which another party sends their messages. As to the purpose of my desire..."

Momentarily she glanced at Joe, who shrugged and gave a nod of consent. Nodding back in turn, she continued.

"I will be straightforward, Your Puissance. The Darrigan East Exports Company has the largest market share in our line of business, and they have a reputation for... dealing roughly with any competition. A reputation well-deserved, as my superior and I can attest to from first-hand experience. Several times now, our convoys have been attacked by raiders while conducting our business, and my superior has noted it has happened soon after the convoy has passed by a Darrigan ship, each and every time."

"It is his view that this is not a coincidence. As such, he believes that each Darrigan ship has a means of revealing our convoys' locations, so that the raiders -doubtless under their employ - could promptly track us down. He has tasked me to pin down how exactly they are doing so, and it is my opinion that if anyone knew, or at least knew how to find out what it was, it would be yourself. As such, I humbly request your advice and guidance in this matter, Your Puissance."

She bowed again, and Joe grinned.

"Well yeh, wha' she said. 'N yeh... not jus' gettin' too ambitious, but also strong 'nuff to be a real threat! Now who of all 'e scurvies in the Water fits that bill, Joe wonders. Mayhaps one o' 'em who be gettin' real active of late, hittin' boats left 'n right, eh? Gatherin' riches for 'e big assault, no doubt. Also, nigh dangerous 'nuff tha' she be dreaded by many a seaman, aye?"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

The Lewis Company (D-ESP 4)

Public message to everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given the recent developments on the mainland, the Company is interested in strengthening its influence in the isles. For this, of course, we need to know where things are. We are looking to buy detailed information from any expeditions that have been made, as well as willing to pay for future expeditions. Please, contact us for details if you have any interest in working with us.

Deillnc Clans
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am sad to hear about the raid.

As you might know, a few seasons back a caravan of ours was raided as well. I'd like to ask for any information you have on the raid on your caravan. We have a lot better chance to find these robbers if we work together.

The Ko Essing Trade Concern
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for your continued trust in our services. Sadly, as your destination has come more and more dangerous, we can no longer offer our services as they are. Of course, for a small flat fee, we could still continue working together. Given the volume of your shipping, it would be still far cheaper than using the usual route, and there's always the fact that we don't ask all those questions they do.
    Last edited by Pahvimato; 2015-01-03 at 04:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

21. - Top - End - #411

Blackmoor

Spoiler
    Show
    I intend to conduct experiments on the properties of Ebonshard this season. Could I use the ore we acquired from our last expedition, in exchange for sharing the results with your enterprise?

To the Lewis Company (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe I have been one of the more prolific explorers of the Far Isles. What exactly are you looking for?

To the West Trading Company (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I am looking to hire a trading company to move 3 Cargo Units of material from the Water Proper (my facilities in the Uplands) as well as escort my Clipper from Hephausn (across the North Darrigan Strait from the Uplands) to Sunken Baskor. Are you available and what price would that come out to?

To the Silver Mage (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. I will look into whether I can move the necessary people there to establish a plantation.

To Fe Nasr Shipping (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations,

I have managed to reverse engineer d'Ombrey's submersible, however the cost would be quite steep. How much would you be willing to pay for a single vessel?

-Kervos Morgan

To the Islands of the Pit (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

-Kervos Morgan

To the Herkers (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

-Kervos Morgan

To the Hoydre Tribe (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

-Kervos Morgan

To the Jhamo Tribe (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once more,

I've been looking towards expanding my presence in the Far Isles. As one of the peoples who have been friendly to me in my exploration, I was curious if your island had anything that could be of interest to the outside world? We may be able to work together to sell it to the Water and split the profits. I would of course ensure all parties involved on my side respect the Long Wave, and defer to your judgement on its will.

-Kervos Morgan
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-01-03 at 04:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Blackmoor & anyone interested in the mentioned offer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to our strong presence on the continent, we are mostly interested in food, iron and furs.

23. - Top - End - #413

Divers Guild

Arcana Expeditions
    Spoiler
    Show
    [4 Coin] sounds perfectly reasonable. If you do decide to look into its history, best of luck.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Vara was watching Calloum, did she notice how we was moving about the city so quickly? Did she see anything to support the theory that the stone man she saw was Calloum, using geomancy to create some kind of shell to move about quickly underwater?

24. - Top - End - #414

New Verdan

To Lewis and Company (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Are you looking to find a supply of fur, iron, or food? Baruma is almost a secure colony, and once it is we will be looking for another location to land as well. We have heard some rumors of an island with significant Iron, and we can look into some possible leads for the other resources.

To Resguard Mine (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

So the good news is after looking around we should be able to construct some better equipment to get the mine working significantly more efficiently. The bad news is we will need a large supply of Iron to do the needed work. Are you able to give us 3 Iron to upgrade the mines?

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

So I have a bit of a question about trade. How many trade routes is a ship allowed to do during a turn? I found a good route that won't cost much and bring in high returns, but I'd need to do the route more than once this turn with the 1 cargo the ship has. The distance is from Tyb to Buron.

Also, can I invest some stats and resources into harvesting the forest on my home territory to get a supply of lumber?
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2015-01-03 at 09:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Lewis Company to New Verdan
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are willing to buy the mentioned goods, although a supply of our own would be highly preferable.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

West Trading Company

Spoiler: To Blackmoor
    Show
    Well, I don't know for sure that we be having an empty space in our schedule to take up yer job, mate. Lemme check out what I got, and get back to ye on it.

While we're talking, Joe's been wanting some Blackpowder Weapons. Ye know where some Iron can be got, or do ye have any of them Weapons in stock Joe can buy?

Captain West
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417

Blackmoor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that's an awful lot of cargo. With our current situation, this would require the employment of our entire fleet. Naturally, this would be difficult to manage, but we don't appear to have any contracts at the moment, so this may be possible. However, it is far more likely that we will only have capacity free to ship [one or two cargo].

Taking into consideration opportunity costs of shipping your materials, I would estimate [three coin] per cargo, however due to the structure of our fleet, shipping all three would cost an additional coin, bringing the total to ten coin for the shipping.

However, there is an alternative. We are purchasing another ship this month, but we are planning on putting it through its paces before we run any long shipping routes with it. Because of this, if you are willing to wait until [next turn] to do the shipping, it would be much cheaper- perhaps six coin for all three cargo.

The escort will be an additional cost, however. The Sea Queen will deter any pirates you care to mention- this we have tested extensively, sailing our ships through the Sharkspine loaded with rum and gold. Our merchant escort vessels will be occupied, but the Sea Queen will be available for escort, for an additional three to six coin, depending on [how many of her actions you want me to spend on it.]
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

28. - Top - End - #418

Blackmoor

Spoiler
    Show
    So the total cost of shipping 3 units of cargo and having the Sea Queen escort your ships and my clipper to Sunken Baskor would come to [13 Coin], correct?

To the West Trading Company (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll shop around in the meantime.

I currently have 2 Blackpowder Weapons I in stock, if those interest you. Current asking price is [4 Coin] apiece.

If you want to acquire Iron directly, I would suggest talking to the Resgard Mine or Clan Deillnc here in the Uplands, though I believe the latter may be occupied this season.

To the Lewis Company (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know at least one island that has many rare beasts you could hunt for fur, though it would likely require some... Pacifying of the locals. Anyways, what are you willing to pay for the information?

And, on an unrelated note, do you have cargo ships for hire? I know you tend towards foreign markets, but I need 3 cargo units of material shipped from the Water Proper to Sunken Baskor, and don't have the ships to do so myself.

To Hawser and Sons (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello again,

Could I get the prices of all of the trade ships you are able to produce? I'm considering buying some more to supplement my Clipper.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-01-04 at 03:02 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

West Trading Company

Spoiler: To Blackmoor
    Show
    Thank ye, I be talking to them then.

As for the [Blackpowder Weapons I] ye have... well, it just might do for now. Darn steep for such basic stuff, though. Think ye can push that down a bit, say, 3 Coin each?

Captain West

Spoiler: To Resgard Mine
    Show
    Ho there! So I hear ye be mining Iron in those parts of yers. What be the asking price for your wares?

Captain West
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420

Blackmoor

To West Trading Company (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you handle pickup of both, then sure. [6 Coin] for the total.