New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Just got invited to my first D&D game! halps :)

Quote Originally Posted by andysowhat View Post
    so it is up to GM to use Evasion? the difference is 0 damage. half damage?
    You do not "use" evasion. It is a static ability that you either have or you don't have.

Here's an example of how it's typically used during play:

An enemy sorcerer casts the spell fireball and targets a space that puts your entire party in the blast. Everyone must make a reflex save to see if they take full damage. If the rogue and the fighter succeed on their reflex saves, the fighter will take half damage and the rogue won't be affected at all.
    Last edited by fishyfishyfishy; 2014-10-08 at 07:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

FINALLY I MANAGE TO TALK SOME SENSE INTO MY COLLEAGUES xD

No more using evasion on zombie bite attacks... god...

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfishyfishy View Post
    You do not "use" evasion. It is a static ability that you either have or you don't have.

Here's an example of how it's typically used during play:

An enemy sorcerer casts the spell fireball and targets a space that puts your entire party in the blast. Everyone must make a reflex save to see if they take full damage. If the rogue and the fighter succeed on their reflex saves, the fighter will take half damage and the rogue won't be affected at all.
    thank you xD You saved my day!! I just need someone to agree with me xD my friends doesn't seem to think its op that you could get a reflex save on every single attack roll -.-

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

thank you xD You saved my day!! I just need someone to agree with me xD my friends doesn't seem to think its op that you could get a reflex save on every single attack roll -.-
    That would be a bit ridiculous. Evasion very clearly states that it applies to reflex saving throws.

Honestly most of your questions can be answered by checking the pfSRD or purchasing the core rule book. You can find them cheaply in .pdf format as well.
    Most of my posts are made on my mobile device. Please excuse any errors from auto correct.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfishyfishy View Post
    Honestly most of your questions can be answered by checking the pfSRD or purchasing the core rule book. You can find them cheaply in .pdf format as well.
    The issue seems to be more that his friends don't bother reading. Or, that they read and disagree on what is said.

Let's be honest; D&D books are somewhat poorly written, very poorly organized, and make little sense unless you have a firm understanding of the groundwork. OP coming here gives authority to the rules and saves him and his friends a lot of time learning or arguing.

I just need someone to agree with me xD my friends doesn't seem to think its op that you could get a reflex save on every single attack roll -.-
    While it sort of makes sense that a nimble Rogue could get that sort of save for each attack, the dynamic is already used by having Reflex Bonus to AC.
    Avatar of Vlad Taltos and Loiosh by Bradakhan

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Barstro View Post
    The issue seems to be more that his friends don't bother reading. Or, that they read and disagree on what is said.

Let's be honest; D&D books are somewhat poorly written, very poorly organized, and make little sense unless you have a firm understanding of the groundwork. OP coming here gives authority to the rules and saves him and his friends a lot of time learning or arguing.

While it sort of makes sense that a nimble Rogue could get that sort of save for each attack, the dynamic is already used by having Reflex Bonus to AC.
    Yes.

Most of my problems is my friends not reading the rules propperly. I go blind to certain things when we are ingame, but when we are out of game it's time fight :D but ofc I failed some rules my self since they dont make sense.. but they make sense in a way of balancing
    Last edited by andysowhat; 2014-10-08 at 10:29 AM.