New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MLP: Roleplaying is Magic: Episodes IC

Sunlight Sonnet

The sparks and glowing give enough warning of what's about to happen for Sunlight. "Oh my..."

The new place they stand in reminds her a lot of where she came from, though something was a bit off. "Are we in Manehattan? Can't be, nothing looks right..." Sunlight's train of thought is disrupted by her new outfit, a sage green vest with a matching archer's cap and superhero mask. With the quiver at her side and the bow on her back, she had a good idea what her abilities were.

As she begins excitedly trotting in place, she gives out a loud squee and states "This is the cutest thing ever! Oh... Oh my, Sleepy Tyme are you alright?" She calms down and helps Reuben get the distraught unicorn to her feet.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    In case nobody's noticed, that's Green Arrow. Who I can't seem to think of a pony name for.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Sleepy Tyme

"Thank you..." Sleepy Tyme accepts the three helpful hooves as she's pulled back to her feet, into a relatively more graceful pose as she stares about the neighborhood that surrounds them. Rather than linger on her gross outfit of pervosity, she stares over the skyscrapers and chews softly on her bottom lip for a few moments. "There's probably crime somewhere, if we're dressed like this..." She intuits. "Maybe we should find it?"

In her own little head, she's actively trying not to blush at herself, and thinking of how nice the outfits of the other ponies are. A little smile comes to her face as she realizes that they're enjoying themselves, even if she isn't.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-08-06 at 02:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Spamalot in the Playground

Reuben Rye

"Huh... that's actually an idea," Reuben said. "Maybe that's what those foals meant that left the trailer before we entered. They lived out a little heroic fantasy, and now it's out turn to kick some flank. This is totally awesome! So where should we look?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Autumn Gale

A trip through a featureless void doesn't present too much of a problem for a pegasus, and Autumn touches down lightly when the world reasserts itself. Her eyes are immediately drawn upwards by the towering skyscrapers, nothing like what can be found in Ponyville, and for a few glorious moments she feels the anticipation of soaring on eddies between them. Oh this is going to be GOOD!

Her attention is drawn back sharply by the sudden bang, and she discovers she's wearing a skintight blue catsuit, with dark shoulders, black boots and a white circle bearing a 'T' on her left breast. The Equine Torch? I haven't read that one since I was was little! What was her catch phrase again? Fire? Fire! Fire now! Fire Go! No, that's not it. Flame! Ah yes, I remember...

"FLAME ON!"

Gale's body explodes into roaring flame! She spreads her incandescent wings and roaring updrafts tug at her primaries. Angling them slightly buoys her up on a column of rising air and she effortlessly floats up before extinguishing the flames and dropping unharmed to the pavement.

"Wowee! That was invigorating!" It's only now that she takes in the appearance of the others, managing not to laugh at most of them, though she can't help but snigger at Morning Star's get-up. And then suddenly she's Fleur. And then not. "Uh, Star, you do realise what just happened, right?"

At Sleepy and Reuben's comments, Autumn responds with a laugh. "Don't worry, the way these stories usually work all we'll have to do is wait!"
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-08-06 at 02:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

"Whoa, somepony's hot to trot," Reuben said, lifting his shield reflexively against the flames.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Autumn Gale

"Heh, you think so? Flame on!"

Autumn then does a flaming pony moonwalk, revelling and showing off her new superpower.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-08-06 at 03:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Sleepy Tyme

The black mare takes half a step backwards as Autumn arrives on the scene with a vibrant and pyromaniacal display, head tilted to the side to shield herself from the excess heat that rolls through the air. Though whatever magic controls their costume-changes also causes her to pose her leg seductively, her hair-suit shifting momentarily into the form of a skirt that rolls with the breeze before settling into the catsuit again.

As Autumn lands, she gives a small smile and asks in a voice as quiet as possible. "Want to trade?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

As you test out your superpowers, several of the ponies around you stop in their tracks, excitedly watching the display of their favorite superheroes. While, after witnessing Brass' accidental vandalism, they seem too scared to come any closer, they still cheer for you from afar, calling you by various superhero names such as Captain Equestria, or the Equine Torch.

Sadly, your moment of fame and merriment does not last for long, as suddenly a chill wind overtakes the city. The air suddenly cools down by several degrees, feeling as though it suddenly is a cold winter's day and in the distance you can see a wave of snow, flowing through the air and starting to cover the buildings in an icy white blanket. Amidst the strange phenomenon of weather, a blimp rises in the air, seemingly unfazed by the forces of nature impacting on its surface.

As it flies above the tallest skyscrapers, blotting out Celestia's sun like a foreboding omen, a voice blares out from the sinister contraption, roaring and self-aggrandizing.

"Ice to see you again, foalish citizens of Mettrotpolis! I, Windigo, will soon rule this city in my icy grip! Feel free to bring your offerings, tributes, and other assorted grovelling to my lair at the Mettrotpolis Skating Rink, or risk getting left out in the cold! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!"

At this, around you breaks out general pandemonium, as the citizens attempt to get themselves to the safety of their own homes.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2014-08-06 at 04:57 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Autumn Gale

Gale barely has time to register Sleepy Tyme's comment -Why would she want to swap when she looks like that? She thinks appreciatively. And I bet it wouldn't fit anyway, her lesser known fashion sense chips in with a self-critical and disparaging regard for their respective figures - before pandemonium breaks loose and the relative virtues of their costumes is forgotten.

"See, I told you trouble would find us!" Autumn shoots a grin at Sleepy and Reuben, before striking a heroic pose and shooting into the sky like ascendant meteor intercept the bad guy.

"You might as well give it up, Windigo! Your nefarious schemes can never succeed whilst WE protect Maretropolis! Or did you so enjoy our last beat down that you thought you'd come back for more?", The Equine Torch challenges him with more than a hint of bravado, Autumn Gale slipping easily into role.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-08-06 at 05:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Reuben

"The Mettrotpolis Skating Rink, eh?" Reuben said. "Well if this is our moment, then let's make it count. To the skating rink!" He was about to sprint off down the street, but then realized something rather important. He sheepishly looks at his fellow heroes.

"Um... anypony know which way is the rink?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

While it does appear that Autumn's speech manages to calm down some of the more panic stricken ponies in the surrounding area, it quickly becomes clear that neither Windigo, nor his minions are close enough to hear any of it. Still, the nearby citizens are quite impressed by it.

None of you have an exact idea of how to get to the Skating, though you figure that it should be easy to figure out the way to a landmark like that, however you are going to do it.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

12. - Top - End - #42

Sleepy Tyme

The unicorn gazes up at the sky with wide eyes as she watches the rudimentary creature of ice and puns soar across the sky, the buildings nearby practically painted white as Autumn soars up at the sky to boast at the no-longer-present foe while Reuben ponders the directions to the skating rink.

"Um, we could just follow it..." Sleepy Tyme quietly points out. "It flies, so it doesn't need to follow roads, so we can just follow the direction it was traveling in and get to the rink." She pauses, sheepishly biting her lip again and instead accidentally turning it into a seductive gaze at nobody in particular, a sweet little moan sweeping her lungs.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-08-06 at 06:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Reuben

"Oh yeah, that would make sense, Tyme," Reuben said. "If you got wings or any powers to fly, might also be a good idea to use them so that we could spot the Rink sooner, or any weirdness that this Windigo feller throws our way."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Sunlight gives a half-hearted smile at Sleepy's moans, unsure what to make of the display, and states "I'm going to try something crazy, sweetheart, so bear with me."

With that, she walks over to the gawking bystanders and asks loudly to the crowd, "Would any of you care to give me directions to the skate rink? A short way to get there would be much appreciated."

Show
    I'd guess this'd be a some form of Persuasion if it's a roll at all?

If I'm right, it should be Heart and probably falls under my Charismatic Talent. (2d6+7)[18]
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2014-08-06 at 07:31 PM.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Right on the money. It's a heart check to get some information from the panic-stricken and fearful citizens. You'd normally have one disadvantage from them being terrified, but I'll rule that Autumn's speech cancels that out with an Advantage. The DC was 10, so you're way past it.

Sunlights words do their magic, and several of the bystanders stop dead in their tracks, confused at first that their heroes wouldn't know the city they live to protect. Finally, one of them speaks up, sounding rather enthusiastic. "Of course we'll help our heroes!"

"Yeah! Windigo's not gonna get away this time!"

"Go down that street and then four blocks to the right!"

"It's right where his airship came from!"

"That grey mare is really hot."

Soon enough, you have a pretty decent idea of where to go, even having overheard a few shortcuts. Meanwhile, the cold air is starting to become increasingly freezing. In the distance, you can windows covering in ice and snow covering the streets. It appears that the comic is trying to tell you that time is low.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

Shrugging to Autumn, she is about to respond when the weather changes suddenly and this 'Windigo' fellow makes his announcement. Morning Star gives her own gasp of surprise, but instead of joining in running about in havoc, she feels the urge to fight him and his machinations. She pauses as one of the citizens on the street apparently identifies her as "Okiedoki Loki".

At Reuben's suggestion, she begins to wonder. "Perhaps my power is flight?" she questions, and suddenly a pair of bat wings manifest just above her front shoulders. Her nose curls up - even more than it already does! - and a pair of fuzzy ears pop out from under the horned cap on her head. The strange sensation of suddenly having new appendages spooks her for a moment, when she realizes that she was just thinking of the filly-tales she read as a foal and the mysterious 'bat-ponies' from a far off kingdom.

Heeding the citizens' directions, Morning Star makes a charging motion with her hoof. "Let us away, super pony friends! Merci, citizens of Mettrotpolis, and rest easy - your saviors are on the case!" She gnaws at the scenery, giving it the best of her ham.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

17. - Top - End - #47

Reuben

"Let's give this Windigo the warm hoof of justice!" He runs along with his fellow heroes toward the rink.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #48

Sleepy Tyme

Bowing her head slightly and instinctively growing a darker shade of grey, Sleepy Tyme tries her best to ignore the comment from the member of the crowd, rushing after her fellow "heroes" as quickly as she can on her delicate horn-heels, her mane flowing freely behind her in slow-motion while her leather-clad flank bounces freely in the breeze.

"What they said!"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Brass Monocle

Brass looks about the area, having just witnessed the others reveal bizarre powers and seeing the blimp holding the Windigo. The Windigo spoke of going to the Mettrotpolis (a ridiculous name, if you ask him) Skating Rink. Given the villain's blustering method of transport, he couldn't be hard to track. Seeing snow form on the roofs of buildings as Windigo passes over them, Brass immediately realizes how easy it would be to follow him. Estimating Windigo's current speed and observing his direction, Brass would have no trouble knowing which way he went. Unfortunately, Brass's power did not allow him to fly, and he would have to go on hoof to track Windigo. Seeing the others getting directions from other ponies, Brass follows after the group.
    Last edited by Dudeons; 2014-08-06 at 09:20 PM.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Brass makes a short attempt to follow the blimp, but to his trained eye it quickly becomes apparent that the airship itself does not seem to be the source of the snowstorm engulfing the city. Indeed, it appears to be coming from the very direction the citizens pointed out leads to the Skating Rink. Whether Windigo himself is aboard that ship or not, whatever is creating this terrifying climate has to be there.

Realizing the location of the true threat, your party of six swiftly makes its way towards the rink, running as fast as your hooves allow. You arrive faster than expected, mostly owing to the fact that in this comic reality, the distances between blocks seem to be much smaller than in real life. And luckily, it appears that you have chosen the correct target.

Mettrotpolis Skating Rink has been converted to house a twisted, icy palace. In the center of the arena sits a massive machine with an antenna resembling a massive unicorn horn, glowing with an icy blue aura. Surrounding and maintaining the machine are a panoply of parka’d ponies, attending to the machine while the unicorn inside, with a chilly blue coat and no sign of a mane, barks orders through a series of television screens.

As you enter the rink, the unicorn in the machine looks up to you and grins. “Ah, if you’re here to deliver tribute, it’s the second door to the left. If you’re another set of interlopers, feel free to strike the pose you want to be frozen in when you join the others in my collection of new ice sculptures. Actually, just stick with that second one. Henchponies, seize them!”

You realize that his voice is the same one you have been hearing over loudspeakers only minutes ago. This must be Windigo himself! Hesitating for only a moment at the sight of the obvious superheroes, the six henchponies open fire on you with their ice rays.

Show
    Reactions to avoid taking damage from everyone.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2014-08-06 at 09:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Reuben

"Now this is a cold reception!" Reuben said as he tumbled out of the way. The stallion rolled back up to his hooves and struck a pose with his shield out front. "Time to bring in the heat of the battle!"

Gymnastics: 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[3][5][4](12) +3
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-08-06 at 10:07 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

With a gasp, Morning Star attempts a spell to remove herself from harm's way.

Spell roll: 6
    Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to cast Emergency Teleport, from the list of pre-made spells. I've added it to my list of episode spells on my sheet, just below my Edges.

Paying the cost with 10 points of Willpower: 35/45

Activating Chaotic Magic as well:
    (1d6)[4] on a 2, 3 or 4, nothing special happens; on a 5, I'm refunded the cost; on a 6, both die rolls are considered 6s; on a 1 it's a Hilarious/Horrible Failure.

(2d6+3)[6] DT 10 for Emergency Teleport
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2014-08-06 at 10:37 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Brass Monocle trots after the others, suddenly grinding to a halt as the six henchponies step out. Each of them fires at one of the heroes. Brass looks towards his shooter, watching him as he starts to fire. He is clearly inexperienced with the weapon; his lack of scarring and relatively decent appearance implies that he's new at the 'evil minion' thing. As a result, his shot takes longer to fire off than the other henchponies. Next, he's clearly aiming towards Brass' head - a common misconception for those new to ranged weapons - which would mean lowering himself would be the best move. The henchpony's flubbed shot bought Brass just enough time to hit the deck, giving him time to pull his goggles off his eyes and rest them on his forehead.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Autumn Gale

The Equine Torch watches in annoyance as the airship passes her right by without even acknowledging her challenge. Still, the ponies below seem to have appreciated it, so she gives them a heroic wave. When the others set off towards the ice rink, she follows, blazing a fiery trail overhead. The weather gets colder, and though this affects her not at all, The Torch begins to feel an unnatural itch between her shoulderblades. What the Windigo is doing is wrong and unnatural, and it's the job of The Torch and her friends to stop him!

When they arrive at the ice rink, The Torch narrows her eyes at the unicorn ice-machine, the source of all the Windigo's scheming. But before she can do anything about it, the Windigo's Minions are shooting at her! The Torch has no idea how their frost beams will interact with her fire, but she doesn't want to find out! Angling her wings slightly The Torch nimbly performs a barrel roll to one side.

Spoiler: Dodge
    Show

Autumn Gale has no skill training in anything relevant to dodge, so rolls 2d6. She's flying, so uses her wings to aid her dodge. Wing Power gives +1.
    (2d6+1)[9]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-08-07 at 01:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Sunlight Sonnet

The ice rink, with it's new palace, gave Sunlight the chills. And not just because of the cold! Something's off here, she thinks to herself, and I get the feeling things are only going to get worse.

The Windigo's taunting leaves only a couple moments to realize that she was going to be fired upon, whereupon she immediately tried to hit the deck in time.

Show
    Don't really have anything here and I can't think of a way I'd persuade the rays to not hit me, so this is going to be a body check. (2d6+1)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy rushes into the palace of ice and whatever sports the local citizens like to play, her eyes immediately drifting to the gigantic icy horn that seems to pulse with the sheer rime-ridden magic that went into its creation. She's about to start thinking of just how she can work with the machine, figure out how it works and what they could do with it, when the parka-wearing unicorns open fire. She digs her heeled hooves into the ground, glancing around in a panic for something she could use to adapt to the scenario.

And it's all so simple when she lays her eyes upon the ice that surrounds them, the monuments of crystals it forms, all reflecting each other, all bringing others into themselves to share more of their beauty in the world. Reflection always loses a little something of the original, but as long as that light doesn't pierce the surface...the unicorn bounces slightly at her idea.

Bowing her head low, and sticking her behind high, the catsuit-wearing Unicorn focuses as the beam hurtles through the air, aimed right towards her. She remains staunch in those few moments, as her eyes burst into life with an emerald green glow that rushes up to her horn and leaps out just before the beam is about to collide with her head. Blue swirls around green, the beam of ice caught in perpetual stasis as the green slowly envelops it, swallowing the blue in a vortex of green that suddenly solidifies.

The beam of ice hurtles from the reflective green shield, back towards the parka-wearing pony that had first shot it, and perfectly mirroring the dumb expression on his face. Then the shield expands slightly, darting through the air to shield Morning Star from the ice beam aimed at her, as her attempt at teleportation fails.

Spoiler: Spellcasting
    Show
    Spell details in the OOC, DT 10 and rolled 13. Spending 9 Willpower to cast.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

While Reuben, Autumn Gale, and Brass Monocle manage to swiftly dodge out of the path of the freezing shots, Sunlight Sonnet is not quite as lucky. Her reflexes numbed ever so slightly by the freezing cold, she just cannot get out of the way fast enough.

Equally, Morning Star's spell fizzles away into nothingness, as her relative inexperience with more advanced spells shows itself to be her downfall. Almost her downfall, that is.

Just before the two of them are hit, Sleepy Tyme's magical shield lights up in front of them, protecting them from any harm that might have befallen them. And while for them it is not angled well enough to hit their attackers, the pony that shot at Sleepy yelps in surprise, but is suddenly cut off as his own attack freezes him solid in a block of ice.

Show
    Alright. Time for your actual actions this round. No one takes any damage, and one henchpony is taken out.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2014-08-07 at 09:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Autumn Gale

The Torch thinks quickly. That device is an unnatural weather ice machine and Torch is a fire Pegasus and guardian of the natural order. There must be something she can do to nullify it.

It must work by pulling the heat out of the air. Cold air at low altitude trends to be sluggish and still - it has no distance to fall and thus no suction to pull in more warm air that might overload the device.

But warm air would rise. And keep rising, sucking in fresh air from all around. The unicorn device wouldn't be able to keep up! Torch has warmth! Lots of it! Creating such an updraft from scratch would normally be beyond her powers, but this won't even need any help from her Pegasus magic!

"Hey! Windigo! There isn't a unicorn device in existence that can beat a Pegasus at weather control!"

After issuing her badflank boast, Torch turns to her companions. "Nevermind the device, I've got this. Windigo and his henchmen are all yours. Just, uh, cover me. Oh, and brace yourselves! If this works there could be a pretty epic thunderstorm..."

With that The Torch begins to fly tight circles above the device, concentrating all her power into a blazing torus of flame. Calling on all her reserves of speed and power, she flies faster and certainly hotter than she ever has before! Winds begin to pick up around the torus as the cold sluggish air gets sucked into an updraft! In moments the Ice rink is filled with a towering pillar of fire, winds roaring in from all directions!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Ok, first off point of valour to act twice.

Action 1: Pillar of fire! Body check, as she's using speed to create it. +2. Wing Power, +1. Opposing unnatural weather control - ignores disadvantages. Literally being made of flame has to count as an advantage as well.
    (2d6+4)[10]

Action 2: Repeat or intensify.
    (2d6+4)[9]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-08-07 at 02:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Reuben

"You got it, Autumn! Full coverage of this cold front coming up!" Reuben shouts. He charges forward to close the gap to the mooks. As he nears, the stallion hurls his shield at the henchpony nearest to Autumn.

Throwing: (2d6+3)[8]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Brass, having removed his goggles earlier, decides to take down the pony facing him. The henchpony had a ranged weapon, which must be neutralized before he could engage in combat. Brass charges towards the stallion, causing him to back up out of fear. Given the cinematic nature of this universe, the minion never considered firing his freeze ray. Since the pony was distracted, Brass quickly fires his laser vision, spliting the henchpony's freeze ray in half. The henchpony, surprised by this, gallops away. Brass pulls one of the buttons off of his coat and hurls it above the henchpony before firing his laser vision at it. Due to the button's spinning, the laser reflects to right in front of the minion, cutting out a swathe of the floor in front of him. The henchpony gets his fronthooves caught in this sudden rut and falls over on his face. Brass trots to him, his eyes glowing as the henchpony looks at him in fear.

"Stay down," Brass says, the Trottingham accent tinting his words doing nothing to mask his threatening tone. Brass fires a quick shot, clipping off the henchpony's bangs. The henchpony, terrified, cowers on the ground. Brass looks about to see what the others are doing, and if there's any way he could help.