New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default 3.5 Evil undead monk build

Hey. First let me start out by saying 1: I am dyslexic so there will be spelling mistakes in all my posts so just ask if your confused about something I type. 2: This is my first time DMing so bare with me if i seem a little slow lol.

Well I am creating a Undead campaign that I have been planing story wise for a long time but now that it is close to starting I am trying to work out the details of bad guys. One of my players is playing a VoP monk and I decided that a monk from is monistary is going to go evil and it will be his job (along with the party's) to catch him. After a long event line i want him to come back as some sort of Undead that was created by the main villain (A Dread Necro) to help him do his nasty deeds. I eventually plan on making the two monks fight one on one for a good challenge. I thought it would be a fun idea. I am using 3.5 rules with most books open for use. The problem i am having is what would be a good undead to bring the monk back as well as a nice "**** you" feat or two lol.

Please and Thank you,
    Ugg the Orc Monk

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Evil undead monk build

Well, for story continuity, I would advise building the monk as he was in life, and then just adding the undead template to it post mortem. If you were to try to build a monk as if he was dead all along that would be a little out there since I know not of any undead monasteries training zombies (yet). Being that they are of the same monastery, I'd take a look at your PC's build and maybe alter it a bit, adding a class level or two for challenge's sake.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ugg The Orc Mok View Post
    Hey. First let me start out by saying 1: I am dyslexic so there will be spelling mistakes in all my posts so just ask if your confused about something I type. 2: This is my first time DMing so bare with me if i seem a little slow lol.

Well I am creating a Undead campaign that I have been planing story wise for a long time but now that it is close to starting I am trying to work out the details of bad guys. One of my players is playing a VoP monk and I decided that a monk from is monistary is going to go evil and it will be his job (along with the party's) to catch him. After a long event line i want him to come back as some sort of Undead that was created by the main villain (A Dread Necro) to help him do his nasty deeds. I eventually plan on making the two monks fight one on one for a good challenge. I thought it would be a fun idea. I am using 3.5 rules with most books open for use. The problem i am having is what would be a good undead to bring the monk back as well as a nice "**** you" feat or two lol.

Please and Thank you,
    Ugg the Orc Monk
    What level will this confrontation be taking place at? And what kind of feat are you looking for- something that adds raw combat power? Or something that has some trolling or utility value in combat but doesn't unduly tip the scales in your NPC's favor?

Regardless I'm gonna start the bidding with the Necropolitain template. Or perhaps a refluffed Mineral Warrior.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

For fluff reasons, I'll put out the Huecuva Template from Fiend Folio, pg. 94. It requires a humanoid who had at least 1 level of cleric, druid, paladin, or monk. The fluff behind it is the character has failed their vows, and now exists as an evil husk of their true form. They don't get too many bonuses, just some bonuses to abilities scores, some nat armor, DR, Turn resistance, a disease, but they do get a slam attack, which for monk isn't terrible.

Necropolitain is always a nice choice as well.