New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic Season 2 (IC)

They all did everything they could to save you Adepha. After all, where would we be with out our favorite Changling.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    They all did everything they could to save you Adepha.
    "We," Sabina corrected. "It was definitely a team effort."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #813
    Colossus in the Playground

...wut? That is all the nymph could say in response to the listed story of events that occurred. You mean...all that with the big yellow Changling wasn't a dream? What? She's still processing by the time her friends surround her in a group hug. What?! I'm so confused!! Nevertheless, she didn't resist the pressing force of soft pony and dragon surrounding her.

Wait, the summit is today!?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

ya it is. do you want to head over to see it?

5. - Top - End - #815

Gear looks down.

No. It wasn't a dream. You've been gone for a few days.

We're about to go to the palace to let Spark's mom know that the inquisitor has been dealt with
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #816

Yeah, um, wow. Okay, yeah. This is wierd. Still processing.

Well, let's go to the palace then.

With the group reunited, they make their way down to the palace, where a flurry of changlings and several ponies are moving about frantically, finalizing their preparations for the coming summit. In their center is Queen Arlia and Mayor Eclipse.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Mom! Spark approaches his mother. Xanthe has left, his trap has been destroyed. His influence is gone so the summit can run smoothly.

8. - Top - End - #818

Gear had wanted to wait until Spark's mother had been less busy, but okay, whatever.

...what he said.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-08-23 at 12:42 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #819

"Also, the investigative team you sent to the magic circle is safe and they're about to wake up with a wicked case of the munchies."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #820

And apparently I missed all of it, your highness. Adepha shrugs, unsure of what to make of all these things happening while she was in a cocoon.

Well, I suppose now that that problem is solved, we can move forward. Everyling, well, almost everyling- She gives a concerned look to the beaten and bruised Gear is okay. I'm very proud of all of you, you did a wonderful thing not only for Hive Olith but maybe even for Equestria too.

Excuse me, your highness?

Oh, i'm sorry. The summit is not for several hours and, well, it is closed to the public, but at 2:00, we are scheduled to meet on the stage in the park to commence its beginning. You're all more than welcome to attend.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

I'd be happy to. Spark smiles up at his mother.. I will get out of your way now. I know you are busy. Spark starts to move out of the way, so things can be a smooth as possible for the summit.

12. - Top - End - #822

"At the stage?" Sabina asked. "You mean like... we'd see all the delegates?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #823

And the other Queens! Queen Arlia adds. It will take place over several days, taking as long as it needs to. Don't be surprised to see any of them or even Princess Luna walking around Vanhoover when we are not discussing official business. Don't worry Spark, I promise to be home around dinnertime.

14. - Top - End - #824

Sabina had a smile ear to ear. "That would be such an honor!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

I am not worried mom, I just don't want to distract you. This is very important after all. Spark says, as he is with his friends. Spark turns to Adepha, How are you doing?
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2014-08-23 at 12:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

Gear recognizes the honor of attending the summit for what it is, and bows in thanks

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I'm just glad to have our friend back and to have secured this summit for our future." Subtle bows and then gives Adepha a hug.

18. - Top - End - #828

Spark, you're not a distraction, don't ever think that. Queen Arlia reassures her son. Come by the park at around 1:30. Until then I think your parents may be worried about you.

You all finally disperse, heading home to warm welcomes from concerned parents. Fortunately for all those involved, especially Sabina, Queen Arlia had sent guards to each of their homes, informing them their foal was a hero, and is invited to share the stage with herself, Mayor Eclipse, the Ambassadors, the Canterlot Delegates, and the other Queens.

However, Mrs. Blades doesn't seem amused in the least at Sabina destroying the bow, even if it was used to help a friend.

Finally, the fateful hour arrives. You all arrive on the wooden stage which somehow seems bigger than it was before. The sun is shining with the local weather team having cleared away any chance for nasty weather to sabotage this moment. Nothing worse than a pleasant breeze seems to be going to ruin this. Out below you can see a gathering crowd of ponies, residents of Vanhoover, many familiar, several you have never met. Out there one can spot Mr. Penrod, or even Mrs. Bitters as well as many Olithians mixed in with the crowd, however one can occasionally make out the cerulean shell and dragon-eyes of the traveling Hemipheran changling mixed in. A rope line gives them a berth of about 15 hooves from the stage.

Back stage, everyling seems to be there. The set-up seems reminiscent more like a play than a major diplomatic summit, however you are reassured that this is just a ceremonial commencement, the actual discussions are to be held on the Warrior Cadre Temple Courtyard. Queen Arlia is resplendent in a formal white and purple gown complete with a high collar and long capelike skirt. Ambassador Knacooth, who came without any sort of clothing, remarks in Changlic how he feels that Arlia is crossdressing, to Arlia's amusement. Sicale is wearing a sharp black and blue-trimmed military uniform you are told is the formal wear of the Hemipheran Inquisition, Sicale himself being an Inquisitor. Adamant Shield opted not to wear anything formal to this event. Mayor Eclipse also wore a military uniform, this one light-grey and dark violet. Its design does not match any configuration any of you have ever seen, as though the Mayor designed it himself.

After several minutes of waiting, Queen Arlia steps forward onto the center of the stage, tapping a hoof, creating a low but deep and resonant sound that does not fail to capture everypony and everyling's attention.

I would like to thank you all for coming here. She begins, a voice amplification spell cast somewhere allowing to be carried even to the farthest stretches of the massed throngs of ponies and changlings.

For thousands of years, Changlings have lived in the shadows. In the deep reaches of the world where no pony dare wander. We lurked, watched your every move, learned your habits, and worst of all, we stole your lives. Your names, your friends, your family. The love every pony shares for one another. Some chose a different path. Some sought to make a name for ourselves and earn the love we do desired, but we hid anyways, for fear of our discovery. Fear of what ponies would think to learn of the wretched creatures who lurked in the shadows, hid in holes in the ground, and ate their love.

Today, we begin anew. We choose a different path. We will not be feared! We will no longer hide in the shadows, we will show ourselves for who we really are. We want to be the friends of Equestria. Their neighbors, their family members! The future belongs to all of us, let us seize the initiative and move towards a brighter tomorrow, where love, harmony, and friendship between all creatures under the shining sun of Celestia and the comforting moon of Luna triumph over fear, deception, and entropy.

The road towards this shining dawn will be long, and it may be hard, but unless we take this step, the first among many, we may never get there. While we are here, let's take a moment to thank five special heroes. You may not know them, but it is because of them we can take this first step. Those that would undermine our efforts and embrace the dark old ways sought to sabotage this summit, but it is by their unrelenting devotion and faith both in each other and in the magic of friendship that perhaps one of the worst enemies Hive Olith had ever seen might soon become our friends.
    Queen Arlia looks at you all, gesturing an invitation for you all to join her on stage. Step forward and be honored!

((Yeah okay, I was wrong. This is the SECOND-to-last post of this movie))

19. - Top - End - #829

Sabina stepped forward slowly. She was dumbstruck at the number of important folks here despite it being just a small gathering. The filly looked around the gathered crowed for ponies she recognized and smiled. She didn't even care about the new bow she wore. She was happy and humbled by the moment.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Spark waited behind stage, as he nervously rubbed his claws together. he knew this feeling would go away in time. he breathed deeply a few times before following Sabina out onto the stage. While he was still nervous, he joined Sabina on stage. He then realized this would not be the last time something of the nature would happen to him.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Sublte timidly, hesitantly walked onto the stage. She did realize she had done a great service to the Hive but in her mind Xanthe was the real hero. He was the one who had stopped everything. Perhaps he had needed some foal to help him along the way but it was his own epiphany which had saved the Hive.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2014-08-23 at 04:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #832

Gear is seriously wishing that he had formal were as he steps onto the stage.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #833

Adepha stepped forward, not entirely sure why she was included but she nontheless agreed. Then she realized how many changlings and ponies were out there, watching her, silently judging her and watching for any mistake they can use to make her life miserable later.

Shaking like a leaf, she was terrified, to say the least. So many ponies...even if they were applauding her, at the earliest opportunity, she made a beeline right back for backstage.

Afterwards, Sicale and Knacooth walked onto the stage. It is my honor to present Ambassador Sicale of Hive Hemiphera. Queen Arlia steps to the side, allowing for the sharp-dressed ambassador-inquisitor to take to the stage.

Thank you Your Majesty. Thank you citizens of Hive Olith and Vanhoover for hosting this...incredible opportunity for the betterment all of Changlingkind. I'm...i'm not one for long speeches, but I can only hope that we don't dissapoint you.

With that being said, it is my honor to welcome to Vanhoover, the Queen of Hive Hemiphera, Anosta!
    Sicale's hook-like horn glows, cerulean flames flying off of it onto the stage below, forming a circle of Rimefire, casting darkness around it. At its center is a column of the cold flames slowly rising off the ground, then the column widens, and you can see a spot of all-consuming darkness forming at its center, quickly becoming wider until it looks as though a portal to a world where light does not exist, the rimefire framing the archway. From within, you hear the sound of metal hooves moving synchronously until a pair, two pairs, three pairs of heavily armored equinoids march out in near-perfect sync. Covered from head to hoof in glasslike obsidian armor, their faces are concealed entirely by obsidian helmets and black visors. Only the glasslike armor on their wings and the armor clearly meant to protect a horn delineate them as changlings. They each carried black spears tipped with obsidian glaives that glowed faintly blue. From the back of this procession marched a seventh being.

Wearing a cool blue and cerulean dress entered Queen Anosta, an obsidian crown atop her thick but smooth mane dwarfed only by her long horn that looked as though two crescents were stacked atop one another. She was significantly larger than Queen Arlia, towering over her own royal guard. She may even be as tall as Princess Luna, however that remained to be seen.

Sicale then steps to the side as the behemothic Knacooth steps forward. I've got no patience for speeches. Knacooth says in fluent Equestrian. Perhaps it's an enchantment...? Presenting: Brexxis, the Magma Queen of Hive Lineolatus! He then raises himself onto his hind legs, opening his fanged maw and releasing an almighty draconic roar. The sheer force of the roar bristles against your coat and presses against your ears. The crowd also takes a few tense steps back.

However, the roar is answered. A trio of dragons flies over the mountain. Two big dragons flanking one titanic dragon flying straight for the crowd. Panic sets in through the crowd as the ponies and changlings begin to fear for their lives at the prospect of a trio of dragons attacking! It is only the calm of Queen Arlia, Queen Anosta, and the others that prevents the others from outright fleeing. However, it is when the dragons try and land on the stage that things become very tense. Many ponies gasp, giving the trio of massive red dragons whose footfalls crush the stage beneath their bulk more than enough of a wide berth.

The dragons are then consumed in fire, their forms changing to appear like the overwhelmingly muscular and massive red changlings like Knacooth, however the two of them somehow seem bigger than Knacooth. The third one in the middle, however, is unquestionably the largest equinoid anything had ever seen.

Easily larger than a house, this massive, massive specimen of a changling boasted legs brimming with muscle, thicker than even the largest tree in Vanhoover's trunk, the body of the Magma Queen being FAR larger and taller than most of Vanhoover's buildings. If Knacooth could incapacitate a hive guardsling on pure accident by simply walking into them, the Magma Queen, Brexxis, would demolish buildings on pure accident, if she didn't set them on fire first. Her mane and tail looked as though they were literally formed from a magma flow. Her horn was a massive obsidian crag easily longer than even Princess Celestia is long. The carapace also seemed rocky, looking more like cooled lava than carapace. The wingspan of the Magma Queen was absolutely massive. Two pairs of torn dragonfly wings looked to be like superheated glass, and were torn and curved in such a way to remind you of dragon wings. Her mere presence is oppressive, saturating the area around her with intense heat.

The ponies gave the Magma Queen a wide berth, and continued to retreat, both in sheer terror and to escape the oppressive heat she radiated. She was not finished, however, as she replied to Knacooth's summons with her own almighty roar, a cry laced with such immense power that the planet itself shook in protest, sending even more ponies into panic.

Queen Arlia, Queen Anosta, Mayor Eclipse, and Knacooth don't seem bothered at all.

As the heat starts to become painful, even Spark's natural immunities were starting to reach their limit, something almost instantaneously cools you all down. Somepony or someling cast a heat resistance spell on you all for protection.

Finally, Mayor Eclipse steps forward. Well done, Magma Queen, but my daughter does it better. Anyways, last but not least, coming all the way from Canterlot are the Princess of the Moon, and the Lord of Northwhinnyshire! there is no way that is someone's name.

A chariot rises over from the direction of Canterlot, flying over with the help of two pairs of pegasus royal guards. From the chariot step forward a tall, grumpy looking light-grey elderly unicorn wearing a rather fancy robe, and the tall form of the midnight Alicorn, the Lunar Diarch, Princess Luna. The two step forward onto the stage, or at least what remains of it. Princess Luna offers a smile to all on stage, and even takes a moment to look at each of you all.

My thanks, Mayor Indigo Eclipse. The aforementioned mayor doesn't seem to acknowledge the acknowledgment, even if it's coming from one of the Princesses.

It is my honor to represent Equestria in this meeting among ones I would soon hope to call "Friends." The road will indeed be long and hard, but we will do what we have to for the betterment of all our ponies, and all of changeling kind.

Without further adieu, let us depart. Know this well my subjects, and remember this moment so you will tell of this story to your foals and to your foals' foals, for we work towards our brighter tomorrow, for our future, for all of us.
    Queen Anosta walks over to Princess Luna and the two begin chatting as the whole group walks off-stage, making their way towards the Warrior Cadre Temple Courtyard. Queen Anosta is escorted by her royal guard as is Princess Luna, but the two groups don't seem keen on mingling at the moment unlike their leaders. At this moment, you can tell Queen Anosta and Princess Luna are about the same size. However, Queen Brexxis opts not to walk, but flies off towards the Temple, the force of her ascension kicking up loose dirt and debris in a wide area.

Unfortunately as you are not part of the summit you aren't allowed past the entrance to Razor Valley, but from where you can tell, it wasn't long until you could hear Princess Luna laughing at a joke spoken by the Hemipheran queen. From everything you have done to ensure the summit could go without a hitch, the future is looking pretty bright.

♪ My Little Pony... ♪

Adepha
    Xanthe
    Diamond Gear
    Adamant Shield
    Spark
    Cavalieredraghi
    Sabina
    Digo Dragon
    Subtle
    Humble Master
    Queen Arlia
    The Queen of Hearts
    Knacooth
    1980s Arnold Shwarzenegger
    Sicale
    Emperor Ing
    Adamant Shield
    Rater202
    Mayor Indigo Eclipse
    High Lord Werominaknacuinith
    Sunflower Seed
    John Smith
    Canthid
    Custodian Sereyentheous
    Sugar Plum
    Nychid
    Nychid
    Sugar Plum
    Xanthe the Arbiter
    Master Roshi
    Peguros
    Surfer Dude #218SD Omega
    Mr. Chonder
    Immortal Sean Penn

Random Extras
    The Prop Dept

My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic was posted before a semi-conscious forum audience.

♪ ...Frieeeeends... ♪

Spoiler: Epilogue
    Show

...This is your report? It is accurate?
    It is, your majesty. Xanthe bowed to the towering being who stood resplendent on the obsidian throne before him. The Guard had been dismissed already, leaving the thick swarm of fireflies that illuminated the room being the only thing that kept Xanthe and the Arbiter Queen company.

I would still like to hear it from your lips though, my faithful student.

The world is changing, your majesty. He began. The knowledge of our existence is simply too widespread after the Invasion to make returning to the shadows...practical. There is another way. There has always been a new equilibrium that we simply have not looked at yet. One where our race can live openly and peacefully with the ponies. It was this statement that caused the Queen to focus her golden eyes on her student as she stood up, a her loose, yellow hair forming a trail behind her as she moved.

What is it that makes you say that?

You have always taught me to keep my mind open to every possibility. To take a step back and question even myself. So I took a step back, and I began to question: How do we know what we know as "equilibrium" is the best way of maintaining pony-changling relationships? Is there another way that we have not considered? What if we're wrong, and the Hives that have been wiped out were themselves in the wrong? The Queen opened her mouth to speak, but on the subject of the other hives being in the wrong, stopped herself from interrupting.

My Queen, our Hive has always done what was best for not just our kind but for the ponies too, to ensure their long-term survivability. I think we should at least look and see if there is not a better equilibrium our Hive can strive to maintain. One where we no longer need to lurk in the shadows and steal ponies just to feed our families.

I have taught you well, Xanthe. The queen nodded, approaching the High Inquisitor. I taught you to question, to doubt, to look for the truth even when it is mired in fiction.

I won't make that mistake with your successor.
    Xanthe was confused but for a brief moment.

However, the moment was just brief enough to avoid the wave of golden energy that wafted off the Queen's horn straight for him! He avoided it completely, the energy collapsing columns and shattering the walls as it made impact.

My Queen?!

I have no use for pawns who question me, Xanthe. She fired off another beam of golden light at him, which he swiftly avoided. Though a good Queen always has contigencies. I will become Emperor with or without you, my faithful student! She spat out those words as another wave of energy was narrowly avoided by her target. The door to the throne room burst open as the Queen's royal guard stormed in.

WHAT'S GOING ON?! Your Highness, are you okay?

Xanthe!! She cries out, her voice thick with fake fear. Why have you betrayed us?!

You lied to me! YOU LIED TO ME!! Xanthe screams in outrage. A globe of glowing sickly yellow energy growing from his horn, growing in diameter rapidly. The guards and Queen could not avoid it as they were knocked over. When they looked back, they saw Xanthe was gone, teleported away to parts unknown.

My queen...? Several of the guards stand up from the blast.

Find Xanthe's family. She hisses out the order. Find them and bring them to me.

Even though her second in command had fallen from her favor, she returned to her throne content. Xanthe will be found and/or reveal himself eventually. Even if he didn't, he did not have more than a decade to live. He was a useful pawn for as long as he was loyal, but she had prepared for when he needed to be disposed of. Besides, her plans were already in motion, and noling, not even Xanthe could stop her from achieving the power of the Changling Emperor, to whom even the Sun kneels.

A good Queen always has contigencies.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-09-13 at 08:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834

My Little Pony: slice of life is Magic Season 2, Episode 1
    Camping Nightmare's

Alas, the Summer draws to a close. Though today is Thursday, You're first day of middle is a week from Monday. Even though the summer is almost over, it does not seem to want to go out without a fight, and today is quite a scorcher.

So of course, where else would a group of Adolescents be, on this, what feels like the hottest day of the Summer, than their clubhouse on the lakefront?

So, whether relaxing on deck or swimming in the lake, that's where we meet the Springbord Pirates.

One in particular, especially to Adepha's senses, seems nervous and exited in Equal measure.

It seem that Gear has something he want's to say.

Hey guys? Could you all come here for a moment.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Spark was sun bathing before Gear called him over, he was enjoying the intense heat of the suns rays. If there was anything that Spark could miss about the bad lands, it would be the heat. Spark gets up and lazily walks over to Gear, almost sleepily Everything ok Gear?

26. - Top - End - #836

Sabina was enjoying a swim in the cool lake water when she heard Gear call for them. The filly stepped out of the lake and shook herself down. Water dripped down her slightly longer legs as she grabbed a towel to dry herself off. She had hit a recent growth spurt and looked slightly leaner now. Her red mane was also longer due to Sabina letting it grow out in the last weeks before school started.

She walked over to her crystal friend. "What's up Gear? Got a new invention to show us? I hope it converts spud ammo to Julienne Fries."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Subtle walked over having been pouring over a tome on Changling history under the shade provided by their boat clubhouse. She had truly made leaps and bounds in her magical ability having unlocked some deep reservoir of power within her to fuel her spells. "Sure Gear, what's up?"

28. - Top - End - #838

Adepha had also opted to take a dip in the lake. Being covered in dark carapace meant you didn't do well on a sunny day, especially in the heat. She may not have been the best swimmer but she could make do, and if nothing else worked, just fly away. When Gear called them, she simply flew up from the surface of the lake. One of the big advantages of a smooth carapace was that water just slid right off, though the same could not be said, unfortunately, for her perpetually messy mane and tail.

What's going on? She asked Gear, though the question was directed at noling in particular.

29. - Top - End - #839

Yeah,everything's fine spark, and it's not a new invention.

um, there's a tradition back in the Empire.

When a Colt gets his cutie Mark, his father or other paternal figure is supposed to take him uout into the wilderness for a day or two-basically a camping trip.

Normally we'd have done this back in the autumn, when I got my mark, but Father was in Canterlot then, and even after he came home he was still busy with work, so we weren't able to do it until now.

An other part of the Tradition is inviting the colt's closest friends along, and um, that's you guys.

...Do you want to come? Everything's been arranged, you'd just need to ask your parent's if it's okay.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-08-24 at 12:54 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Spark smacks his lips together for a second as he truly wakes up. He then looks at Gear with a glossy yet happy expression. Sure, sounds like tons of fun. oh we can bring marsh-mellows for and chocolate for S'mores, I bet Adepha would like that. Sparks grins at noling in particular not fully realizing Adepha was next to him.