New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 7: Puzzleball Z

Although these low cost dungeons are buttholes in general, the drop rates are very good to me. Had to 1 stone on ceres because skyfall -> bind, but got the drop, which makes it 100% drop rate for me on the easy settings of Gaia, Draggie, Tengu, and Xuanzhang (dark only)
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-08-20 at 12:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I suck and I'm ashamed of myself. I think it will be a while before I attempt Gaia again.

I just don't know what to try to work towards. I figured a 6.25x attack would be enough to kill stuff a lot faster, that is after all, all the more multiplier on a Sonia team. Granted those are much stronger monsters in general but the power output is amazingly different.

Either continue to work on my low cost attacker team, try a red heavy physical team lead by Flame Chaser, or what? I don't see how even another 20 levels on the balance team is going to make it work.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have no clue where to even start to think about Gaia, so I'm just saving my stamina for tomorrow. I am quite excited to finally have a Thursday again where I can focus on farming the daily dungeon. I need at least 26 dragon flowers now ASAP, and i might need up to 27 of them on the short run, mostly for evolving Artemis skill-up fodder. If I have done my math right I should be able to run the dungeon 36 times in total. Guess that will be a lot of mindless orb moving tomorrow, and, if nothing else, at least I'll get quite some box space back...
    Last edited by Soepvork; 2014-08-20 at 03:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Soepvork? Bang freakin' on. A cookie must be doled out, though I fear its chocolate chip-deliciously-infected substance is far too lacking of grandeur to be a prize of the appropriate scale.

So you get two cookies.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Banned

Focus is hard to acquire, indeed. Focus fire, I mean. It's often worth using your best orb skills to avoid making attacks, just to save up orbs.

Believe it or not, Sonja's multiplier is pretty crap. Without rows she's not that good. She has good monsters due to color and type, and she's overkill for farming (what isn't, though?) but she can't do descends without strict requirements and multiple rows. Compare to older teams who didn't use rows and smashed things just as much, and you'll see that she competes because of her built-in crutch.

Do you have DD batman? You'll lose type bonus but you'll get some more oomph. A 4/4/1 team could do some damage and also survive (which always seems to be the real problem, doesn't it?). I don't know about the treants, they're pretty hardcore at this level, but enough dakka should put them down.

E: oh, red chaser is 4/4/1 isn't he? Unfortunate. Then yes. You will have to get the red lead from legendary seaway to get anyhere, I'm afraid.

HEY FOLKS AND FOALS, I HAVE A THING. That thing is a statement. That statement is actually more a request without the interrogative. That non interrogative request is this;

Feed Canopus a total of 4 dupes. From de-evolution and from mastering, we have reason to believe that feeds are recorded. It's possible that if you feed Canopus 4 Canopus, he will remember 4 self-feedings, which will activate his remaining awoken skills up ult evolution.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2014-08-20 at 05:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Has everyone seen the stats for Disco Hera-Ur yet?

Hera-Ur↑↑ Fire/Fire
    3644/1728/122
    +200/+150/0
    New active (skill level reset): 10% gravity and enhance fire orbs
    LS: 3x ATK, and small boost of HP and RCV (1.15~1.25x?) to Devil types
    Awoken: Fire resist, enahnced fire orbs, enhanced attack, two prong, fire row

Oh, that new Lucifer art... *swoons*

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    HEY FOLKS AND FOALS, I HAVE A THING. That thing is a statement. That statement is actually more a request without the interrogative. That non interrogative request is this;

Feed Canopus a total of 4 dupes. From de-evolution and from mastering, we have reason to believe that feeds are recorded. It's possible that if you feed Canopus 4 Canopus, he will remember 4 self-feedings, which will activate his remaining awoken skills up ult evolution.
    Intriguing! I'll give this a try!

Just wish I'd gotten more crystal skulls for awakenings too.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Hera-Ur↑↑ Fire/Fire
    3644/1728/122
    +200/+150/0

Oh, that new Lucifer art... *swoons*

Wow, that is the perfect partner for Ronia.

And I just accidentally hit 'continue' after I died farming True Nightmare. Another stone wasted.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Hera-Ur↑↑ Fire/Fire
    3644/1728/122
    +200/+150/0
    Oh, Bangerang I'm all over that! I'm gonna try the same with her, see if her awakenings roll over. Which means I need to farm the bejeezus out of her...

I don't really find Kotodama worth my time, really. Take half damage only when below 50%? Okay. Maybe as a pinch hitter for that GOdin team when you can't heal fast enough to maintain full health on the boss or something...

Now, Folklore? Definitely. I will Antikythera my heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Wow, that is the perfect partner for Ronia.

And I just accidentally hit 'continue' after I died farming True Nightmare. Another stone wasted.
    True Nightmare?

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

It took me a minute to parse what you were actually saying Siuis but I'll keep that in mind. Assuming I actually bother getting him, I don't know when I might actually use it. I do know that I've over feed several other dragons for skill ups, but currently none of them have ultimate.

So while it doesn't make up for the stupidity of my attempts at Gaia I did accomplish something good today. My GrOdin is now max skill. I think he is where all of my skill up luck went. I didn't keep exact track of what it took but I don't think I had more than 10-15 mons from last EVA and it only took 2 from this one to finish him off.

Probably done with EVA then. Not worth the effort of skilling up my other one. And I don't have lucifer or Isis for any of the other skill ups.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I got two things accomplished today! My Ronia is fully awoken now, and my Guan Yu is now evoed after two runs of Super Emeralds(8 High and 2 supers).

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I'm going to give Gaia a try. Either a red team with a Shaitan lead or a green team consisting of green noel and 4 leeks. I just need someone with a green or red noel to put them up for me if they don't mind.
    Current Sexy Reya Dawnbringer avatar by Edwin, thanks for the awesomeness.

"Come with me, and we'll be...
    In a world of total annihilation." .....Itnetlolor of Bay12 forums

11. - Top - End - #281

So today was the first day I stoned supers (just hit 150 stamina) and the Jasmine luck bites me in the butt. 15 runs, 16 kings, 2 supers. I also fed 30 keepers to assguard hoping I'd be able to take him into gold keeper or heracles, and he gives me a lovely 2 skill ups. I still have a midguard I'd like to skill up for Goemon farming too...
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-08-21 at 02:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

What's your plan for gold keeper, Jasmine? I haven't found anything that's not REM heavy.

13. - Top - End - #283

What's your plan for gold keeper, Jasmine? I haven't found anything that's not REM heavy.
    Horus + echidna + herais. Last 2 I've experimented around with heartmaker (angelion, siren, valk), damage reduce (assguard, leek), and damage (heracles, kirin). 3 of my wins have been with Siren/Heracles and 2 have been with Kirin/Valk. Those combinations might not actually be better, rather I tried them last and was more familiar with the dungeon mechanics by that point.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Banned

Oh, I forgot about Heracles. I assume you used his active to achieve low health for a x5 multiplier?

Hmmmmm. Ah well. Need to really figure out the basics before trying a gimmick blind. Need to start getting gold keepers though... He is 100%?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

I need so many dragon flowers and fruits! Guess I'll be running Friday dungeon toda-

>GungHo Collab skill-up paradise out of nowhere

Crud.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Well the PAL machine threw me a +Tamadra, so now I have 3 and still trying to figure out the choice... And I forgot one last time...
    Minerva and Bastet (forgot) are both niche use subs but both are strong options and good awakenings for said niche. Or I could save it for Lu Bu, which will probably take the place of Lilith in the devil team so he will see very regular use. But Lilith will still see use and both of her next awakenings are very good. And lastly there is B/D Karin, who is a general sub, not really niche but is often switched out... of course her whole point is added power to a team as a beefy sub...

With Sapphires today I also need to pick another blue for focus. My last focus was Karin and right now my only two leveled blues are Karin and Siegfried, both at 94. Midgard is a respectable 75.
    After that everything is sort of eh, B. Aurora Dragon 50, DSD Megalodran 45, BWNP Hatsume 46, SGS Siren 57, Hera-is 65, HSDK Cleopatra 18, Commerce Deity Hermes 16. And Wadatsumi 48 but on the first evo.
    I'm just not sure how or when I'm going to be using any of them... I suppose I could just skip Sapphires until I think I need one of them. Although that is an entire blue physical team right there (well once Hermes gets ultimated), but I don't know when I would actually use it.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Lu Bu actually has some pretty good awakenings, but I think Bastet's are situationally better. Poison resist is meh and green rowhance is mediocre unless you're focusing on that, but increased time? Skill lock resist? Gold.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, that Samba Dragon kicked my butt. Anyone have any good tactics for defeating him?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Man, that Samba Dragon kicked my butt. Anyone have any good tactics for defeating him?
    I went Bonia//Siegfried, personally, but it was reeeeeally close.

I had to make two whole moves!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Try a Waltz, I've heard that is his weakness.

So the GungHo collab wasn't even close to a challenge. I'm trying to decide if I can S-rank it. I've been getting my T2 Fey ready, I'm wondering if that would be enough. Horus/Horus or Bastet/some other 4x leader, with t2 Fey wouldn't be enough just in rarity but it would be close enough to hit with combos and rounds.
    Maybe something weird like Bastet/Sun Quan and a bunch of carbuncles? Would give mass attack and delay, a respectable 12x attack and enough HPs to survive a mistake or two.

edit:Wait, it was I&I that was 3x atk and small HP boost, not Sun Quan...
    /edit

Maybe RSonia? The active should be close enough to taking out the bosses with just the leaders? But the penguins might be a challenge like that.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see the the boss slimes give 30k exp each.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2014-08-21 at 11:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got lucky with Samba Dragon. Went in with a GrOdin sidekick with mine and ended up hitting it with a rainbow of flavor.

Got any tips for the Fourth Angel at the end of EVA Master?
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Got my last awakening on Bonia today. Actually switched her into the Bastet team Erl suggested for Corpse Wyrm. HP's about the same, awakenings are better, and higher attack, plus it makes blue into a bigger gun (at the cost of making black into a filler color used to activate DQXQ or other spectrumizers). So now it's GW Bastet//BB Isis/RG Leilan/RR Echidna/BD Sonia//WB DQXQ.

Of course, this doesn't mean that Cleo's been nice for me. Cleared it another six times, one drop total, bringing my lifetime drop total for Cleo through her entire two week stay up to a massive 3 times. -_- I just need one more, then I can be done with this dungeon for forever.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    Got any tips for the Fourth Angel at the end of EVA Master?
    I assume you actually mean the Tenth Angel? Or maybe the Sixth? The Fourth is pretty straight forward kill and he isn't at the end. The Sixth would be the sub boss and about all there is to do there is hit him 33 times before he gets his attack. I'm assuming if you are doing master you have plenty of monsters with a sub-attribute to up your hit count.

If it is the 10th, well you have 6 rounds to kill him and that is about all there is to it, not much of a "trick" just make sure your team has the damage output to get it done. If you happen to have a Genie you could up that to 9 turns, but not much else you can do.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

I haven't even tried, to be honest. I have uses for that stamina other than throwing it away on Latin dancing.

Is tenth angel goodfor anything? I want to feed him off but have vague recollections...

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't even tried, to be honest. I have uses for that stamina other than throwing it away on Latin dancing.

Is tenth angel goodfor anything? I want to feed him off but have vague recollections...
    Its active is basically "anything with huge armor dies", and it has high HP for an attacker type. Really high, actually.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Banned

So, Wadatsumi: playable with standard teams? Or is it a really hard descend on top of losing half your powers? I wanna try Metatron, but...

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

It looks like it depends upon how dependent you are upon rowhance, skill up, and autoheal, really. Your healer team doesn't rely on any of those so it should probably be fine.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I assume you actually mean the Tenth Angel? Or maybe the Sixth? The Fourth is pretty straight forward kill and he isn't at the end. The Sixth would be the sub boss and about all there is to do there is hit him 33 times before he gets his attack. I'm assuming if you are doing master you have plenty of monsters with a sub-attribute to up your hit count.

If it is the 10th, well you have 6 rounds to kill him and that is about all there is to it, not much of a "trick" just make sure your team has the damage output to get it done. If you happen to have a Genie you could up that to 9 turns, but not much else you can do.
    Maybe its the 10th. They kinda look alike to me. Its the endboss of Master and I think it fires up a status shield for 999 turns kinda like Nebradisk did so most skills are useless (poison, delay, etc). It's definitely not the yellow or red element ones that drop like candy. I think I faced either 4, 9 or 10 as an invade and dropped it.

Not sure if I even have a Genie, let alone one that's good to go. I'll try again but otherwise, screw it. I'll wait til it rolls around again.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

I ran it with both accounts, I got her on the phone but the tablet I didn't complete it. I don't remember if I just thought I could do it with 0-stone so didn't continue with the tablet or if there was something more to it than that. I think she cost me 1 stone with my Horus team, if I remember right I just flubbed a move on the Neneko and they bound Horus and cost me a stone, or maybe it was GrOdin being bound by Siren? I just remember flubbing a move thanks to loosing all of my +times and then being bound and dieing once.

Being a healer team you aren't going to be relying on + time for combos, and you don't have much (any?) green and plenty of bind clearing abilities, so that shouldn't be a problem. The lack of +skills will mean not having many, if any, skills up by Leviathan, including heartbreakers, so he could be a big of a challenge.

I should try it with my healer team on the tablet (RSonia and Karin teams are both essentially a non-starter) but I think I might just wait until later, save my stamina for the collab and skill-ups.

30. - Top - End - #300

Oh, I forgot about Heracles. I assume you used his active to achieve low health for a x5 multiplier?

Hmmmmm. Ah well. Need to really figure out the basics before trying a gimmick blind. Need to start getting gold keepers though... He is 100%?
    Heracles is equivalent to a god slime if you don't rely on orb changing/setup, and my standard Horus team has 5 gods (2x Horus, Herais, Kirin, Heracles) with no orb changers. +50% damage per turn for 4 turns = +200% damage for 1 turn. And he has god level stats, unlike slimes. And he covers green which is really annoying for Horus. I think he's a hidden gem for nonIAPers, although skilling him up will be pretty darn hard. But eventually my team will have 44% gravity, 3 turn delay, and 4 turn 1.5x gods on a 14 turn CD on top of a 16/25x multiplier with 21k hp, 14k attack, and 2800 rcv (with friend).

In case you mistook my meaning, I'm using horus as lead, not goemon.

Anyone have S rank strategies for GH collab?