New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 7: Puzzleball Z

I nabbed a yellow chaser and a green mystic mask from my pal pulls today. Thinking about putting the mask on my Artemis team just for the orbshift, honestly, but that cost is ridiculous.

Still praying for a gold keeper so I can make Jotunn an officer.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

God of Judgement - Mythical looks like death from all sides... WTF Artemis... 10% block drop rate?! Does that mean if you OHKO her, and get block drops, you cant clear them for the next level if you only get >2 x.x... That'll **** up Kirin pretty badly. And each stage seems to have over 1 mil hp.

So... 4x for dragon types... ewww. But a delay 0.0 with stats...

Spoiler: I Lawl at this dude.
    Show

Aca
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-08-10 at 12:06 AM.
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yay five free tamadra!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

How do I know that I am close to trying a descend I am working on levelling mobs. Staying out of the game per se as u suggested Suiss but I need to identify the best team type for each dungeon as they come up. So I know where to put my feeder stuff. Now working on the sonia devil team and the valk team light and dark for max levelling is harder so it is slow going. I haven't put much into my isis team. At this time. Sorry for the rambling in advance. Hope I am making sense

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Feistylady View Post
    How do I know that I am close to trying a descend I am working on levelling mobs. Staying out of the game per se as u suggested Suiss but I need to identify the best team type for each dungeon as they come up. So I know where to put my feeder stuff. Now working on the sonia devil team and the valk team light and dark for max levelling is harder so it is slow going. I haven't put much into my isis team. At this time. Sorry for the rambling in advance. Hope I am making sense
    Well, Healer team is more for grinding, which is a good start for normal dungeons. It is also good for some of the EVO material hunting. However, it flickers out on a lot of the descents. Light EXP is hard to get so I would keep the team around lv 50-60 average - It will be good enough for farming.

Red Sonia teams requires some heavy team costs, but it will clear all the normal dungeons up to Starlight Sanctuary (SS) and a majority of the hard descents and all of the lesser/normal descents (Older descents and Bi-Weekly dungeons). You're looking at about 180-210 team costs for the team to be perfect. That's rank 194 if you're wondering. For a non-IAP you can go RSonia/Hera/Hera/King Baddie/King Badddie/RSonia to clear SS.

Isis is like an catch all, if you're good enough to trigger the 4.5x, you can clear hard descents. The team leaders will also be bind immune, which is vital for some of the descents. Also, it's one of the best leader for tri-color dungeons, which Healer teams cannot do. RSonia teams can do them, but it's meh. With Isis, there's a lot of versatility, it's one of the upper tier SPIKE leads.

Go with the hardest one to use because you'll be able to use all the easier teams. I would go with Isis until you can farm/Lv up your RSonia team. Btw, Isis can clear all the Heavy Metal Dragon dungeons for EXP with farmable subs, which is nice. It will help you level up the rest of your team once you can use it.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Ancient Ocean and Hollow Crystal!!! Man it's gonna be a rough grind for em skill ups -.- SunQuan and Apollo... I hate this NO DUP restriction though, hinders my ability to farm quite a bit just because of friend leads.

Also looks like all the Mech Dragons are coming back. This time around, I can actually get them for the UVO 0.0....

Aca
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-08-10 at 01:36 PM.
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

What subs would be on that isis team to ensure clearing the dragons. Need lots of exp still

7. - Top - End - #37

What subs would be on that isis team to ensure clearing the dragons. Need lots of exp still
    She uses all colors, so any subs can do. Versatility is her best trait. She's one of the first "Rainbow" colored team leads. So usually Echinda is on there, 1 or 2 heartbreakers (Since they all have double colors), and a gravity if you need it. Isis, unlike RSonia and Healer teams, is not limited by any color or type or specific mons, so anything will actually do... You can plan accordingly depending on which dungeon you're going into.

Granted she takes more skills to use, but it's not too bad for the initial 3 color matching.

Aca
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-08-10 at 02:23 PM.
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

It's a process. Once you crack some descends more open up because of the descend boss. Hera and two heroes get solid teams that open Goemon, takeminakata and satan who open up other, harder descends like Zeus, Zeus dios, etc., so a slow and steady approach works.

The best thing to do is look at one dugeon, figure out what you need and then work on that. Get a feel for what it all means. This monster does 13,000 damage? How hard is that to recover from when it hits you? Feel it out. Get hit. Recover. Develop instinct for it.

I just beat Starligt sanctuary with two GOdin and four gravity. It was a slog, but it's open. And now I have access to challenge mode, which means I can beat KOG without needing to slog. It's a process.

Just have to look up challenge teams that can take down all those HPs...

9. - Top - End - #39

Super sapphires gave me the exp to max out the blue Noel I just drew, plus some extra. 2 million later my U&Y is up to level 87. Getting up there.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Super sapphires gave me the exp to max out the blue Noel I just drew, plus some extra. 2 million later my U&Y is up to level 87. Getting up there.
    Thanks! You reminded me about those and I got three runs in. Not too shabby.

So I have a high level Hermes, war deity Odin and Siegfried. Now I just need hearts!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Could I please be added to the opening post?
    In-game name:Snes4@gitp
    Main leader: Divine Flowers, DQXQ

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Added you, Ben.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I redid the table for the first post, please feel free to steal this and paste it in Diego. Very straightforward set up. Pictures or links might be nice, but I think the ease and speed of updating trumps them in importance. Here's an example entry into the table:

[tr][td]
    forumname, gamename, idnumber
    Primary Lead:
    Secondary Leads:
    [/td][/tr]

Spoiler: Here is the table
    Show

Puzzle & Dragon GitP Friends List
    Obryn, dwarfSA@PG, 357,549,260
    Primary Lead: Sun Deity Ra
    Secondary Leads: Horus, Metatron, Cu Chulainn, Ki-Rin Sakuya, any Toy Dragon, any Ripper Dragon
    Diego Havoc, Diego@GitP, 376,879,256
    Primary Lead: Horus
    Secondary Leads: Red Sonja, Lu Bu
    Starwulf, Starwulf, 319,762,282
    Secondary Leads: Metatron, Cu Chulainn, Batman
    SiuiS, SiuiS@GitP, 307,676,270
    Primary Lead: Light Metatron
    Secondary Leads: Unicorn, Byakko Haku, Warrior Rose Valkyrie, Azure Maiden Valkyrie, Black Blaze Valkyrie, Parvati, Perseus, Lance-wielder Odin, War Deity Odin
    Aramul, Aram@gitp, 314,795,270
    Primary Lead: DQXQ, Haku
    Secondary Leads: Vampire Lord, Hera-Ur, GrOdin, Tyrranos (low cost), D/D Batman (low cost)
    Leviticus, Levi@GitP, 367,459,299
    Primary Lead: Kirin
    Secondary Leads: Lucifer, DQXQ, Horus, Zeus
    Erloas, ErloasGitP, 325,699,229
    Erloas, LoraesGitP, 395,991,230
    Primary Lead: RSonia
    Secondary Leads: Karin, CuChu, Artemis
    Tyckspoon, Tyck@GitP, 305,397,237
    Secondary Leads: Freyr, D/D Batman, Horus, Karin, L/D Venus
    Jasmine, ?, 301,790,222
    Secondary Leads: Lucifer, Goemon, Valkyrie
    Kauai, Kauai@gitp, 364,995,253
    Secondary Leads: Shiva, Haku, Persphone, Pompompurin
    Blade7, Blade@gitp, 387,372,268
    Secondary Leads: D/D Batman, D/W Batman, Kushinada, D/D Yomi, D/W Vampire
    Klaatu B. Nikto, KBN@GitP, 336,576,284
    Primary Lead: Haku
    Secondary Leads: GrOdin, Hino
    Celesyne, ?, 375,280,271
    Secondary Leads: FireDragon Grand Tyrannos, Enchantress of the Sea Siren, GrOdin, Goddess of the Rice Fields, Kushinada, ADK
    Academia, ?, 350,076,269
    Primary Lead: Kirin, Haku
    Secondary Leads: Izanagi, L. Meta, Asuka, RSonia, Yamato
    137ben, Snes4@gitp, 336,616,397
    Primary Lead: DQXQ
    Fax Celestis, Fax @ GitP, 372,092,294
    Primary Lead: Leilan
    Otravyn, Otra @GitP, 329,820,344
    Primary Lead: U&Y
    Winterfate, ?, 367,402,301
    Firedaemon33, ?, 390,807,310
    Primary Lead: Baal
    Secondary Leads: DDK
    Soepvork, ?, 333,581,245
    Julajimus, ?, 386,096,292

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

I love you so much right now.

15. - Top - End - #45

Updating my roster...game name is Jasmine too.
    Primary: Horus (weekday), Goemon (weekend), D/L Luci (occasionally)
    Secondary: Kirin, L/L Zeus, Mastering, Valk, DQ Hera, D/B Vamp, Berry dragon, ADK, G/L Parvati, Super Assguard (WIP), Sandalphon (WIP), Xuanzhang (WIP), Santa (WIP)

I'm thinking primary to mean you'll occasionally see them up, with secondary meaning usable upon request. I do also have Echidna and Herais, but they're never used as leads (and they're the only ones with plus outside horus >_<)

Other stuff:
    Failed beetlejuice twice trying to go low rarity horus. Didn't have enough damage for Chimera and got double leader bound (6% chance...), and got megiddo cannoned by the boss the second time. Not enough stam to try again, but got 9 of each dragon. Too bad that means I've picked up a total of 2 plusses this whole week. These ult fusions are a 'good' stamina/stone sink. For gungho, that is.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-08-11 at 03:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

Pentad dragon folklore... Is it just me, or premiere Haku sub?

I mean, imagine my 12.25x team rolling along, and I get knocked down to the Stone Age wig a few meager HPs left. Folklore steps up to bat and I'm driving home in a brand new Your Face bought with my shiny 17.5x multiplier on a dragon/devil who is likely pulling some strength from my king baddie and dem row enhancements...

17. - Top - End - #47

Thanks Aramul, I'll update my entry (hopefully without breaking it). As a suggestion for the table, maybe it would be useful to add padherder links as well (for those that have one set up) for reference? Either way, mine is https://www.padherder.com/user/soepvork/monsters/

Show

[i]Soepvork, Soepv@GitP, 333,581,245
    Primary Lead: Da Quao, Xiao G Quao
    Secondary Leads: F/F Horus, Artemis, Hermes
    Last edited by Soepvork; 2014-08-11 at 03:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Soepvork? Bang freakin' on. A cookie must be doled out, though I fear its chocolate chip-deliciously-infected substance is far too lacking of grandeur to be a prize of the appropriate scale.

So you get two cookies.

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Pentad dragon folklore... Is it just me, or premiere Haku sub?

I mean, imagine my 12.25x team rolling along, and I get knocked down to the Stone Age wig a few meager HPs left. Folklore steps up to bat and I'm driving home in a brand new Your Face bought with my shiny 17.5x multiplier on a dragon/devil who is likely pulling some strength from my king baddie and dem row enhancements...
    use him with a lubu if you have it. xD
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Added you, Ben.
    Thanks.
    Highlights from 35 PEM pulls:
    --My first ancient blue sacred mask! Now I have to decide which I&I ultimate evolution to get...
    --My first ancient two green sacred mask!
    --Tamadra
    --Only one + egg.
    Pretty good day

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Suiss. I love how u say stuff Driving home .... Hahaha

Grats everybody.

So which ultimate evo should I use for the vamp. Using him on the devil team. Earlier the post was. Bd or db Not sure what those are
    Last edited by Feistylady; 2014-08-11 at 08:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

The default is dark/water vampire, who gives you a balanced type monster with double recovery and attack for dark-types. Early on he is a good leader for tank teams, giving what we call a 2/4/2 – double hp and recovery, quadruple attack. He is how I cleared Goddess descended for example.

The other, is water/dark (or b/d for blue and dark) and gives 3x attack for dark monsters on a physical type monster. He is harder to get normally but you already have a devilit. I would normally say get the dark one, and leave water for later, but I don't know. I have no experience with the water primary vampire. I'm raising another one now, though.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    [tr][td]
    Primary Lead: RG Leilan
    Secondary Leads: Bastet, Bonia, BB Isis, CDKV, Artemis
    [/td][/tr]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

So did you guys see the latest twitter posts from the gungho guy?

Kumomo's translation from PF:

First part is for UAO
    The mats requires for UAO will be strictly from dungeon (instead of REM like Ceres)

As for recycling stuff from REM
    If you fuse a lvl 99 UVO fodder to itself, you get 100% skill up
    The first part would seem to be to comply with JP's Complete Gacha laws.
    The 100% skill-up is very interesting. I guess it would depend on the skill, the normal skill-up fodder, and the number of levels it required to decide if that was worth it. Ameratsu would probably be worth it (since I already have 2) but quite a few others probably not so much. Although Hades would probably be another very good choice, although the skill-up is farmable thats a heck of a lot of stamina for so many levels (and hey, the REM gave me 3 of them last godfest). I guess someone could run the comparative stamina numbers to 90+ Hera/Hera-Is's compared to 4.8M exp and a dozen evo materials.

There are so many descends with so many different sorts of requirements and so many possibly teams to take into them there isn't really a general "this is when you can beat descends" line.

The way to know is basically to get a feel for what your teams are capable of and looking closely at what each specific Descend has and go from there.

For example if your team only has 12k hps and quite a few things in the dungeon hit for more than that and you can't reliably clear those floors before getting hit, well you can't do it.

The basics are almost so simple it is easy to look past them. Do you have the HPs to survive long enough to kill something, and if you can't one-hit-kill them do you have the RCV to be able to take the hit every round (or 2/3) with making reasonable heart combos (for instance having to match 10 hearts every round isn't reasonable).

Once you get past those then you start looking at the tricks the dungeon has, some have a lot, some don't have any. Do they bind? When, is it something you're going to have to worry about or can you kill them first? If not, do you have bind recovery to by-pass it or can you survive long enough for it to clear on its own. And the same sort of checks for the other enemy skills.

Damage output tends to be one of the things that is hard to get a good feel for. I personally found last stage in Hill of Iris's Rainbow and the first stage in Vesta Cave to Junos Island to be a good spot to get a good feel for how much damage a team can actually do.
    Venus in Iris's Rainbow has ~700k HPs and fairly low defense, but the others all have pretty good HPs (500k-700k) but high defense which actually makes their effective HPs a lot higher. If you really struggle to kill them, if they take 4-5 rounds, or if you can reliably OHKO them then you can get a good feel for your realistic damage possibilities. Not only that, but they are also fairly low stamina to run and good exp on top of that. Of course you may not be that far yet, but that also tells you a descent amount of what your teams are capable of.

So the Fairytale girls seem to be fairly common drops. My GF already picked up 3 of them, so they'll probably get annoying later.

I didn't get to run Flame Mechdragon much yesterday, got the invade on Erl but not on Lor. It didn't help that I didn't get to play much yesterday, spent most of the day at full stamina and then leveled after the first run. I probably lost/wasted 100-150 stamina because of that yesterday. I also didn't pick up any extra dragons for ultimating, but I'm not that worried about that anyway, I don't think I would use it anyway. Worst of all is I missed all of the sapphire dragon runs.

edit: Looks like Zeus Vulcan is the new Descend in the next event. I guess that shows progress, I'm looking at a Zeus Descend and thinking "you know, that looks possible." Hard for sure, and a lot of places to screw up, but possible.
    I did find it telling that they didn't even bother to list the Horus skill-up Phoenix on the top of the page, his active is practically useless.

I probably won't give it a try just because my orb skills have been so hit or miss lately that I don't see it happening. I think the first stage looks surprisingly hard compared to most of the other stages considering they are basic monsters rather than gods.
    I think I need a couple hundred more + eggs to really feel comfortable doing most of the Zeus's.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2014-08-11 at 10:32 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Could I please be added to the opening post?
    In-game name:Snes4@gitp
    Main leader: Divine Flowers, DQXQ
    Will do. Also I've added you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramul View Post
    So I redid the table for the first post, please feel free to steal this and paste it in Diego. Very straightforward set up. Pictures or links might be nice, but I think the ease and speed of updating trumps them in importance. Here's an example entry into the table:

[tr][td]
    forumname, gamename, idnumber
    Primary Lead:
    Secondary Leads:
    [/td][/tr]

Show

Obryn, dwarfSA@PG, 357,549,260
    Primary Lead: Sun Deity Ra
    Secondary Leads: Horus, Metatron, Cu Chulainn, Ki-Rin Sakuya, any Toy Dragon, any Ripper Dragon
    Diego Havoc, Diego@GitP, 376,879,256
    Secondary Leads: Red Sonja, Lu Bu
    Starwulf, Starwulf, 319,762,282
    Secondary Leads: Metatron, Cu Chulainn, Batman
    SiuiS, SiuiS@GitP, 307,676,270
    Primary Lead: Light Metatron
    Secondary Leads: Unicorn, Byakko Haku, Warrior Rose Valkyrie, Azure Maiden Valkyrie, Black Blaze Valkyrie, Parvati, Perseus, Lance-wielder Odin, War Deity Odin
    Aramul, Aram@gitp, 314,795,270
    Primary Lead: DQXQ, Haku
    Secondary Leads: Vampire Lord, Hera-Ur, GrOdin, Tyrranos (low cost), D/D Batman (low cost)
    Leviticus, Levi@GitP, 367,459,299
    Primary Lead: Kirin
    Secondary Leads: Lucifer, DQXQ, Horus, Zeus
    Erloas, ErloasGitP, 325,699,229
    Erloas, LoraesGitP, 395,991,230
    Secondary Leads: Karin, CuChu, Artemis
    Tyckspoon, Tyck@GitP, 305,397,237
    Secondary Leads: Freyr, D/D Batman, Horus, Karin, L/D Venus
    Jasmine, ?, 301,790,222
    Secondary Leads: Lucifer, Goemon, Valkyrie
    Kauai, Kauai@gitp, 364,995,253
    Secondary Leads: Shiva, Haku, Persphone, Pompompurin
    Blade7, Blade@gitp, 387,372,268
    Secondary Leads: D/D Batman, D/W Batman, Kushinada, D/D Yomi, D/W Vampire
    Klaatu B. Nikto, KBN@GitP, 336,576,284
    Secondary Leads: GrOdin, Hino
    Celesyne, ?, 375,280,271
    Secondary Leads: FireDragon Grand Tyrannos, Enchantress of the Sea Siren, GrOdin, Goddess of the Rice Fields, Kushinada, ADK
    Academia, ?, 350,076,269
    Primary Lead: Kirin, Haku
    Secondary Leads: Izanagi, L. Meta, Asuka, RSonia, Yamato
    137ben, Snes4@gitp, 336,616,397
    Primary Lead: DQXQ
    Primary Lead: Leilan
    Otravyn, Otra @GitP, 329,820,344
    Primary Lead: U&Y
    Winterfate, ?, 367,402,301
    Firedaemon33, ?, 390,807,310
    Primary Lead: Baal
    Secondary Leads: DDK
    Soepvork, ?, 333,581,245
    Julajimus, ?, 386,096,292
    Fantastic, I'll add it in when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Updating my roster...game name is Jasmine too.
    Primary: Horus (weekday), Goemon (weekend), D/L Luci (occasionally)
    Secondary: Kirin, L/L Zeus, Mastering, Valk, DQ Hera, D/B Vamp, Berry dragon, ADK, G/L Parvati, Super Assguard (WIP), Sandalphon (WIP), Xuanzhang (WIP), Santa (WIP)
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Soepvork View Post
    Thanks Aramul, I'll update my entry (hopefully without breaking it). As a suggestion for the table, maybe it would be useful to add padherder links as well (for those that have one set up) for reference? Either way, mine is https://www.padherder.com/user/soepvork/monsters/

Show

[i]Soepvork, Soepv@GitP, 333,581,245
    Primary Lead: Da Quao, Xiao G Quao
    Secondary Leads: F/F Horus, Artemis, Hermes
    Noted.

Code:
    [tr][td]
    Primary Lead: RG Leilan
    Secondary Leads: Bastet, Bonia, BB Isis, CDKV, Artemis
    [/td][/tr]
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So did you guys see the latest twitter posts from the gungho guy?

The first part would seem to be to comply with JP's Complete Gacha laws.
    The 100% skill-up is very interesting. I guess it would depend on the skill, the normal skill-up fodder, and the number of levels it required to decide if that was worth it. Ameratsu would probably be worth it (since I already have 2) but quite a few others probably not so much. Although Hades would probably be another very good choice, although the skill-up is farmable thats a heck of a lot of stamina for so many levels (and hey, the REM gave me 3 of them last godfest). I guess someone could run the comparative stamina numbers to 90+ Hera/Hera-Is's compared to 4.8M exp and a dozen evo materials.
    So, 100% skill-up, but only if you feed a level 99 uvoed monster to itself? D: Yikes. If you feed at, say, level 80, do you get 81% skill-up rate?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

25. - Top - End - #55

I'm looking for advice on who to give my Tamadras to. I have 10 unused tamadras and one baby tamadra (which I can evolve on Thursday).
    PADherder--it doesn't have all my monsters, but it does have all my REM-only monsters, which are the only ones I want to give tamadras to.
    The teams I use are DQXQ (for most dungeons), Amaterasu+Grodin, and mono-dark. The other two teams are only used when monsters have enough attack to one-hit-kill my DQXQ team and too much hp to be killed in one turn. Eventually (in the relatively distant future), I plan on making a mono-water team, a balanced team, a healer team, a devil team, and making DQXQ an all-healer rainbow team.
    The advantages and disadvantages to tamadra-ing each of my REM-only monsters that I can think of are:
    Purple Sky Fruit Dragon:
    Strong awakens, but it would use up most of my tamadras and is only used on my tertiary team.

Blue Sky Fruit Dragon:
    Strong awakens and could be used as a mono-water leader. It could also replace the hellwind taur demon on my DQXQ team (which is mostly blue already). But I might someday pull a duplicate from the REM and it would use up most of my tamadras.

Underlord Hades:
    Fits on two of my teams, and once it is ultimate evolved it could be used as a resist leader. Only one of the awoken skills is particularly good, though.

Eternal Twin Stars, Idunn&Idunna
    She will eventually be my healer leader. She doesn't fit on any of my current teams, though.

Fortoytops:
    I have not yet beaten the wood-only technical dungeon. Doesn't fit on any of my current teams.

Fafnir:
    Same as fortoytops

Extant Red Dragon Caller, Sonia:
    Good awaken skills, and a strong leader. But I don't yet have enough team cost for an RSonia team (I'm rank 118).

Flame Shrine Maiden, Chiyome:
    It could eventually lead a balanced team, but I don't have any other balanced monsters, and it doesn't fit on any of my current teams.

Love Deity Venus:
    Could be useful on a lot of teams in the future, for both the leader skill and active skill. But she isn't on any of my current teams.
    Last edited by 137beth; 2014-08-11 at 10:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Word. The hp barrier sucks, it's why I don't do so many descends. And why I was bugging Erloas for his I&I!

But it's happening. With my +eggs, and Himiko, I can crack a lot of barriers now. We're moving forward.

Oh, that reminds me! I was thinkig about on type versus off type. Like I say casually that it's okay to have five on type monsters and one off for utility, but is that true? My example is Divinegon on a healer team, is the two row enhancement load out worth losing most of your multiplier? Is 5*X*Y better than 6*X?

The obvious answer is that Y needs to be at a certain point for that (the equation is eluding me... 1/6 (5*X)? Hmm) for that to be so. I know that standard utility subs bring two row enhance, which means my specific team with healer stuff is at 5536 attack * 12.25. With Divinegon that's 5536 * 12.25 * 1.2, for 81,379. Adding in a sixth light attribute healer is instead 6943 * 12.25, for 85,051 (and ignoring that adding unicorn actually adds a row enhancement...). So for my team, 1100 attack > 1.2x multiplier.

Interesting. When does that shift? A 1.4 multiplier? A larger (or smaller?) leaderskill multiplier? It's interesting to note that my default "extra boost" strategy is actually weaker than just bringing another healer, although it works within reasonable bounds. For example, that 4k damage that's missing could be made up for easily by a strong monster, and being only a little behind means I can get other benefits (hp, active skill, other awakenings) I wouldn't have had access to before.

These thoughts brought to you by timing a balance team through endless corridors and realizing robin's active skill is "you always get two row enhances".

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I'm looking for advice on who to give my Tamadras to. I have 10 unused tamadras and one baby tamadra (which I can evolve on Thursday).
    Most of the fruit dragons' good awakening are near the end and they are generally only good for mono-color teams (it would help if they had sub-types), so I would give them a pass. Running DQ&DX means you're very rarely going to ever be hitting full rows. And while Persephone makes a descent black team it isn't really strong enough to worry much about (she is a good sub, but not good enough leader to justify tamadraing the grape dragon, to make sure that is clear)

I would do 3 on Venus (her good and generally useful awakings), all of RSonia (she is just a beast and a team will be ready to go as soon as Hades and Hera get their evolutions, though yeah, team cost issues for a long time there).
    Then go I&I followed by Hades. That should take care of all of your Tamadra and the next ones coming from the event. At this point you'll be feeding Tamadra for the future more than just right now.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm going to toss three Tamadra at Bonia (to get blue rowhance, blue enhance, black rowhance), one at Jotunn (to get his 2nd awakening, bind resist), and the last one at Echidna (for blind resist, because blinding is annoying and she's on 90% of my teams).

I mean, unless y'all have a better idea.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

ARRRRRRAGRAAAAAGH!

I am so sick and tired of screwing up easy dungeons. I screwed up on Fafnir in Heracles Descended when he had almost no HP. I messed up once and I was dead and this happens WAY too often.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'm going to toss three Tamadra at Bonia (to get blue rowhance, blue enhance, black rowhance), one at Jotunn (to get his 2nd awakening, bind resist), and the last one at Echidna (for blind resist, because blinding is annoying and she's on 90% of my teams).

I mean, unless y'all have a better idea.
    I would say either Echidna completely (because she is in so many places, the ATK and RCV do help on a lot of teams too, or BSonia completely. All of BSonia's awakenings are good (bind recovery on a non-bind immune monsters, not so much) and if you want to use her as a sub or a leader they are good to have.

I remember when I started I thought the +Skill awakenings sucked, it is after all only 1 turn and you always have a lot of turns. Then I started doing more and more descends and realized how many times I wouldn't have died if I just had a skill up a round or two earlier. So many times you'll need skills up for sub bosses, even some of the "trash" waves in descends. A lot of the big powerful skills have 15-20 cooldowns and not a lot of places to stall in some descends, so having it ready in time in a 5-10 stage dungeon can be hard, and often the difference between victory and defeat.