New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (Social, fem) "The Princess's hand for.. wait, that won't work.."

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    (although, you're not getting anything other than daughters out of that marriage no matter how you try).
    I don't know, I wouldn't put it past the infamous Girdle at least to be that comprehensive.

Now, the real question is, what if it's a dragon who rescues your princess.
    You hope it's one that can change shape, if only so your kingdom doesn't suffer a critical brain bleach shortage within the year.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-08-13 at 02:02 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Now, it doesn't matter all that much, from a family perspective, whether or not the child particularly WANTS to create heirs, because that's their duty; in that sense, homosexual men have it easier than lesbians, because you can always get your wife knocked up by someone else when you're not interested in women, but it's not convenient, most of the time, to have someone else bear the children you're supposed to.
    at least in DnD, Lesbian couples have about an easy of a time as heterosexual couples. its actually the M/M ones that have issues. Alter self is only 10 Minutes/CL while Shapechange is at best a day.

And that assumes that polymorph style spells are not themselves functioning as Contraceptives. who knows what wizard in their personal haze of manic supersanity designed those spells for what reasons they chose.

Maybe you pay one of the court wizards to train the princess till she acquires the feat Precocious Apprentice (Alter Other). If they really have issues, have the court wizards send out feelers for that one really creepy wizard in the world who specializes in Embrace/Shun the dark chaos

Quote Originally Posted by kamahl222 View Post
    I offer her my daughter's hand in marriage and a girdle of Masculinity/Femininity so my daughter can produce heirs and the hero can still go off adventuring. ^^
    preferably a custom one using the curse rider. or ideally an Eternal Wand of Persisted Alter self

really, all this discussion does is make me imagine that in DnD settings theres some huge conspiracy of lesbian wizards/clerics (who themselves only have Mommy and Other mommy for parents) who want to remove the existence of the "male tyrant" through either direct means or by spreading the cursed + Nonbinding girdles of 3.5 throughout the kingdom, that also are gender keyed and only work for women
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Between the fact that the Girdle in question uses Bestow Curse as its base spell, and Bestow Curse explicitly states that it can generate "other effects" as long as they're not more powerful than those listed in the spell proper, I'm of the firm belief that you can use it to curse somebody into the opposite sex. If they're willing, they may consider it "cursed with awesome," but it is still subject to Remove Curse.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

If the Dragon rescues the princess...

Well, half dragons have to come from somewhere...and that +8 strength bonus us kind of handy on an heir to the throne. +2 Int/Wis/Cha helps too.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Between the fact that the Girdle in question uses Bestow Curse as its base spell, and Bestow Curse explicitly states that it can generate "other effects" as long as they're not more powerful than those listed in the spell proper, I'm of the firm belief that you can use it to curse somebody into the opposite sex. If they're willing, they may consider it "cursed with awesome," but it is still subject to Remove Curse.
    As a trans woman... can I live in this setting?
    LGBTAitP

"You can't just go around opting out of critical analysis by preemptively declaring yourself pointless."

- Mordecai, Lackadaisy Cats

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by VeliciaL View Post
    As a trans woman... can I live in this setting?
    Not setting specific; it's just what I would, unless the DM disagreed with me, expect Bestow Curse to be able to do. (If nothing else, Craft Wondrous Item on a cleric who can cast 4th level spells should enable it, as they can make Girdles of Masculinity/Femininity by the RAW.)

If you don't mind my asking, I'm never clear on which direction "trans X" is going. Does "trans woman" mean "born male, wants to be female" or "born female, wants to be male?" (I am referring to physical body, here, and mean no offense by the question.)

Put another way, is X in "trans X" what you are pre- or post-transition?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

This question can be answered just by looking at her "gender" field below the avatar. Trans-woman means post-transition.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not setting specific; it's just what I would, unless the DM disagreed with me, expect Bestow Curse to be able to do. (If nothing else, Craft Wondrous Item on a cleric who can cast 4th level spells should enable it, as they can make Girdles of Masculinity/Femininity by the RAW.)

If you don't mind my asking, I'm never clear on which direction "trans X" is going. Does "trans woman" mean "born male, wants to be female" or "born female, wants to be male?" (I am referring to physical body, here, and mean no offense by the question.)

Put another way, is X in "trans X" what you are pre- or post-transition?
    "Born male, wants to be female" is probably the simplest way to put it. It's not perfect, but it's a decent short-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    This question can be answered just by looking at her "gender" field below the avatar. Trans-woman means post-transition.
    Not quite, I'm pre-transition and identify that way. Exact definitions of these things tend to be kinda fuzzy though.

EDIT: Switching gears for a moment...

(although, you're not getting anything other than daughters out of that marriage no matter how you try).
    You do realize children aren't copies of the parents, right? I Don't see how shapechange magic would necessarily preclude offspring from being either gender.
    Last edited by VeliciaL; 2014-08-13 at 03:37 PM.
    LGBTAitP

"You can't just go around opting out of critical analysis by preemptively declaring yourself pointless."

- Mordecai, Lackadaisy Cats

9. - Top - End - #99

Oh, the symbol under your name does make it pretty clear what the desired state is, at least. I just didn't notice it there. My bad!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

You do realize children aren't copies of the parents, right? I Don't see how shapechange magic would necessarily preclude offspring from being either gender.
    By not turning one of the "father's" X-chromosomes into a Y.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    By not turning one of the "father's" X-chromosomes into a Y.
    The thing is, if it's changing them down to the cellular level such that the father now has sperm, there's no reason to assume it wouldn't go all the way and finish the job.

Or, put another way, it's magic that's making her magically into a boy. If shape-shifted dragons make half-dragons with humans, and elves make half-elves with humans, then a magically-boyitized girl can make boys or girls with a human girl.

The alternative is to suggest that, if you zap a boy into a girl so they can have kids with a boy, they have the option of either boys or UBERboys, since XY and YY are the possible combinations there. :P

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. I was more thinking a spell that didn't actually require any transformation for curtains=baby.

I will acknowledge that if your method involves the Girdle, you'll likely get the standard distribution of boy/girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The thing is, if it's changing them down to the cellular level such that the father now has sperm, there's no reason to assume it wouldn't go all the way and finish the job.

Or, put another way, it's magic that's making her magically into a boy. If shape-shifted dragons make half-dragons with humans, and elves make half-elves with humans, then a magically-boyitized girl can make boys or girls with a human girl.

The alternative is to suggest that, if you zap a boy into a girl so they can have kids with a boy, they have the option of either boys or UBERboys, since XY and YY are the possible combinations there. :P
    Which is what I said already (more or less), but technically there's no official word on the matter.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-08-13 at 04:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I propose that the real question is: What happens when The Adventurer, a Titan, A Storm Giant, a Mind Flayer and a Dragon All show up to rescue the same princess at the same time, and are ALL of the female persuasion, and Heroically inclined, and, how do I say this delicately, interested?

This sounds stupidly hilarious the more I think on it.
    "I Burn!"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I propose that the real question is: What happens when The Adventurer, a Titan, A Storm Giant, a Mind Flayer and a Dragon All show up to rescue the same princess at the same time, and are ALL of the female persuasion, and Heroically inclined, and, how do I say this delicately, interested?
    You end up with a yuri harem comedy.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone should write a fic for that. :P

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

its also magic, so theres nothing to say it cant stabilize the catastrophic cellular hell of restabilizing and re-engineering a body without changing the gene pairing. Or that it alternatively could, as determined by the crafter/caster of the arcane that is performing such.

However, YY cant actually develop, and would cause a miscarage in the girdle wearer if impregnated.
    Last edited by toapat; 2014-08-13 at 07:37 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Alternately, don't worry about it because chromosome structures are the bizarre fever dream imaginings of some Alteration-illiterate bard who either doesn't understand or doesn't care about realistic Platonic inherent runic pattern interaction theory.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

19. - Top - End - #109

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    Good luck passing off a gay marriage as legitimate, though. Every claimant worth his bloodline would tear it to pieces.
    Eh, if they can kill a dragon with a toothpick, why didn't *they* go and kill the dragon?

I suppose if magic and genetics mix in a certain way, it'd be that both parents would only have X chromosomes to give.

Although I suppose one of those chromosomes could be ye Modified X with the triggers to cause virilization or whatever the process is called that causes fetuses to start developing along the male-type body plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    If the Dragon rescues the princess...

Well, half dragons have to come from somewhere...and that +8 strength bonus us kind of handy on an heir to the throne. +2 Int/Wis/Cha helps too.
    The LA makes it rather unfortunate if they're not a useless layabout Aristocrat, though.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-08-13 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
    Alternately, don't worry about it because chromosome structures are the bizarre fever dream imaginings of some Alteration-illiterate bard who either doesn't understand or doesn't care about realistic Platonic inherent runic pattern interaction theory.
    Really, in a world where humans and dragons can interbreed with almost literally anything else that can speak, and elements really are things like water, fire, and earth, I doubt our real-world biochemistry really matters at all.

21. - Top - End - #111

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by segev View Post
    The alternative is to suggest that, if you zap a boy into a girl so they can have kids with a boy, they have the option of either boys or uberboys, since xy and yy are the possible combinations there. :p
    Punnit Square'd X Y
    X XX - Female-type XY - Male-type
    Y XY - Male-type YY - Nonviable
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    You hope it's one that can change shape, if only so your kingdom doesn't suffer a critical brain bleach shortage within the year.
    Why brain bleach?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

hornGeek and Sith_Happens: Or we should see if we can get that togeather in a Highschool Harem Comedy Game.
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Punnit Square'd X Y
    X XX - Female-type XY - Male-type
    Y XY - Male-type YY - Nonviable
    Not necessarily. Genetics are weirder than that. There are some guys with XX genetics, and some women with XY(Complete Androgen
    Insensitivity Syndrome is one cause for the latter). Intersex is a thing, though rare.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    hornGeek and Sith_Happens: Or we should see if we can get that togeather in a Highschool Harem Comedy Game.
    ...I would be up for that. One of my character ideas once was actually 'princess who's been the kidnapped and doesn't want it to happen to her again, and one thing lead to another...'.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

...I would be up for that. One of my character ideas once was actually 'princess who's been the kidnapped and doesn't want it to happen to her again, and one thing lead to another...'.
    ...And before long she's cutting boulders in half with a butter knife.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the concept is her as a Magus (PF, not D&D).

So... potentially?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #118

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Not necessarily. Genetics are weirder than that. There are some guys with XX genetics, and some women with XY(Complete Androgen
    Insensitivity Syndrome is one cause for the latter). Intersex is a thing, though rare.
    Yeah, I didn't need to go into more specifics than pointing out that two XY people can make XX in addition to XY and YY, assuming the ability for them to pass gametes to one another and make a zygote and then fetus and so on.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
    So you're the King of a small warlordy kingdom, and you have trouble with a dragon or whatever that your army just isn't up to dealing with. Years ago, you would have grabbed your friends and gone to battle, but these days, your joints creak, you can barely swing your mighty greatsword anymore, and you just aren't feeling all that powerful. Your kids? Freaking lazy accountants who barely know which end of the sword is the stabby one.. They couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.
    Then some adventurers go out into the woods to kill the dragon. You figure "yeah, okay, my daughter for defeating the dragon, since let's face it, if they get mad anyone who can take down THAT thing can probably solo my castle anyways. This way I at least get to retire with my wife first, and it more or less stays in the family".
    Then some lady in fancy armor that's probably worth more than every piece of siege available to you by itself comes wandering back carrying a dragons head in a cart and a rune covered glowing sword thing by her side, and you realize she probably isn't going to be interested in your lazy kid son, and most likely the princess won't be that appealing either..

What to do at this stage?
    Nope, sorry. The princess was on the line, that was the agreement. Players and town criers the land over have all said "king so desperate he would even give his daughter's hand in marriage", that's what's on the line.

It's so much more interesting having a lady knight who doesn't want a princess and a princess who doesn't want a lady knight and they're both on the spot, than to have a simple answer, move along to the next murder quest.

It's actually a thing now too! Plenty if comics and such about this very thing.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, really? Could you point to any of them, because that sounds interesting.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.