Lizardfolk

Default Re: Girl Genius XVII: And Then He Had Pie

How did Agatha not see that coming?

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    How did Agatha not see that coming?
    Sparky Science tends to drive Agatha into "do first, question later!" territory.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ettin in the Playground

Why hasn't she equipped all her allies with music-boxes that play the Heterodyne theme?

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Why hasn't she equipped all her allies with music-boxes that play the Heterodyne theme?
    Because she put that capability into the dingbots, a la Sturmhalten, I'm guessing. Of course, she forgot to think of the consequences of that EMP thing, but that's par for the course with Sparks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sparky Science tends to drive Agatha into "do first, question later!" territory.
    Not just Agatha - it's a general spark thing.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, this could go badly. On the other hand we do at least get to see if Agatha has gotten mentally stronger since the last time this sort of thing happened. Putting Gil in lethal danger does seem to help her focus too...

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temporal Echo View Post
    Well, this could go badly. On the other hand we do at least get to see if Agatha has gotten mentally stronger since the last time this sort of thing happened. Putting Gil in lethal danger does seem to help her focus too...
    The thing is, from Agatha's point of view, that wasn't that long ago. Gil was dying, Agatha forced Lu to let go: That was only a few days before Tweedle yanked her into the Portal. Two and a half years passed for everyone else; for her (and Lu), it's recent history. Since then, a few days in Tweedle's fortress, some time in the caverns with the Jagers and Punch and Judy, a couple of days on the train and in the Sanctuary: She hasn't really had much time to grow stronger than she was, back then.

(Speaking of the time differential, I'll point out biologically Agatha is still 19, or 20 at most. Chronologically, she's 22. I wonder if coming of age has any legal or cultural significance for a Heterodyne.)

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, Gil was being electrocuted and dying when that happened, so it's unlikely he'd remember even without the two years to forget. Zeetha was there, conscious, and involved, though - she might be able to rig something to make Agatha think Gil's in danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I think Agatha breaking out from Lucrezia's control in response to Gil's threatened demise was a one-off, narratively speaking. It may have opened the door to breaking out more easily, or it may have prompted Lucrezia to take additional measures, but I would be surprised if the comic lets Agatha break out the same way again, because it doesn't tell us anything new or interesting that's worth devaluing the previous incident.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

What if, just to mess things up, Lu lets go voluntarily this time? After she has her chat with Klaus-as-Gil, she might figure that is enough to screw up whatever Agatha has planned - prior experience has proven she cannot escape/win in the face of Violetta plus Zeetha, and there are so many other people around to help now. Lu is bonkers, but she comes out with weirdly cunning plans every so often, and maybe she'll take a shot at playing the long game.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    What if, just to mess things up, Lu lets go voluntarily this time? After she has her chat with Klaus-as-Gil, she might figure that is enough to screw up whatever Agatha has planned - prior experience has proven she cannot escape/win in the face of Violetta plus Zeetha, and there are so many other people around to help now. Lu is bonkers, but she comes out with weirdly cunning plans every so often, and maybe she'll take a shot at playing the long game.
    She might play the long AND the short game. This is Lu, after all.

She'll probably bungle both through underestimating people. This IS Lu, after all.

(What I'm hoping for is, more information on what's going on. According to Wooster and Dimo (where is he, BTW? He should have come in with the bears), Gil's having trouble re-establishing the Empire not merely because of his Agatha obsession, and that everything's broken down and all the power factions are fighting each other, but also because he's battling the Other. And yet, we haven't seen any of that. The public doesn't seem to be in the all out panic that a second Other war would warrant, nor do other Sparks like Count Wolkerstorfer (and where is HE in all this Sparky construction???). We don't even know which Other it is, 'Anevka', Pinky, or some poor girl the Giesters used the Summoning Engine on. This whole situation is very vague and unsatisfying, from a plot point of view, and should stop.)

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Colossus in the Playground

For all we know, there are as many Others as popes. Like you mentioned, there are at least two known to exist, and with the brain download engine thing, they could make more. Want a REAL mind love making? (I dont like censors lol) Back at Der Kestle, Agatha was hooked up with and shared life force with both gil and tarvek. Gil might have more in his head than just daddy. We also cant be sure about Bang. We dont know for certain what happened to her when gil injected her back pre timeskip. We know tarvek has been running a game of betrayal and counter betrayal 17 layers deep with his family and lucrezia herself. Everybody is modifying, counter modifying, and remodifying everyone else's work. So there is no way to be certain what he actually did to her. She could be a sleeper Other.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Bugbear in the Playground

I absolutely love Lucrezia on this page.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed. Lucrezia is just so expressive here. Her good mood is almost contagious.
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ettin in the Playground

Weasel. Where is the weasel?

Does Lucrezia know that this body needs it?

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

I found it funny that Lucrezia apparently recognised Klaus through his mannerism, despite being in another body and Lucrezia inhabiting Agatha's.

18. - Top - End - #1338

"Grownups are talking." Or more like people under mind control.

Also Lu doesn't seem to bother taking off that locket, so once the systems are back up, Agatha'll be back.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    "Grownups are talking." Or more like people under mind control.

Also Lu doesn't seem to bother taking off that locket, so once the systems are back up, Agatha'll be back.
    It is not really, like Lu can do much what would the plan here be

Plan 1 : Try to build something, as everyone else watches closely..and you have several sparks who can understand and counter what you build

Plan 2 : Try to escape..into the middle of no where

Plan 3 : Break the Peace and have numbers against you.

However Lu did something really smart.

She gotten Klaus to admit he is in Gil's mind in some fashion, which means that Agatha and Co will now work to expel Klaus thus removing one of her major enemies from the field.

Edit : I still maintain this ends with some really awkward moment where Agatha takes control..mid...act of passion, realizes that Lu is doing the dirty deed with Klaus using her body...she freaks..which causes Gil to come out..and things get REALLY weird.
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2015-04-20 at 06:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340

Having sex with you arch nemesis slash ex-lover while in the body of your son and she is in the body of her daughter. Sounds like a great plan!

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I found it funny that Lucrezia apparently recognised Klaus through his mannerism, despite being in another body and Lucrezia inhabiting Agatha's.
    And Klaus recognised Lucrezia through her mannerism way back then. These two are far more alike than Klaus'd like to admit.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Having sex with you arch nemesis slash ex-lover while in the body of your son and she is in the body of her daughter. Sounds like a great plan!
    The Aristocrats!

Alternatively:

Up next, on Jerry Springer!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    The Jägers would undoubtedly approve of it as a way of getting rid of both Lucrezia's and Klaus's mind control:

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20110318

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure Sanctuary would stop Zeetha if she decided Lu needed to be unconscious to prevent trouble. On the other hand, Lu may not know Zeetha's about. We'll have to see what happens.

That "adults are talking" line will NOT endear her to Martellus. On the flip side, Lu didn't recognize Martellus - that we know of - and start talking about how he was the second of her family's experiments to create a suitable Storm King after Tarvek. Maybe that's coming.

And Lu's right, it WAS slimy of Klaus to copy his mind onto Gil. Of course Klaus didn't have much choice... So far she hasn't tried giving Klaus any orders. If the WASP control is purely biological she shouldn't be able to. If being WASPed causes a mental change, however...

I wonder how long she's got before the amulet starts working again.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I'm not sure Sanctuary would stop Zeetha if she decided Lu needed to be unconscious to prevent trouble. On the other hand, Lu may not know Zeetha's about. We'll have to see what happens.

That "adults are talking" line will NOT endear her to Martellus. On the flip side, Lu didn't recognize Martellus - that we know of - and start talking about how he was the second of her family's experiments to create a suitable Storm King after Tarvek. Maybe that's coming.

And Lu's right, it WAS slimy of Klaus to copy his mind onto Gil. Of course Klaus didn't have much choice... So far she hasn't tried giving Klaus any orders. If the WASP control is purely biological she shouldn't be able to. If being WASPed causes a mental change, however...

I wonder how long she's got before the amulet starts working again.
    Martellus is older than Tarvek, so he wouldn't be a "second" attempt. He'd be a failed attempt. But that's beside the point. Her not recognizing him would suggest that he really is a free agent, not connected to any faction loyal to Lucy. That would score some points with me, at least.

Also, I kinda expect she hasn't taken the amulet off because it's potentially useful. All she has to do is pretend to be Agatha in a tense moment, and odds are good that whatever enemy she's fighting will be forced to pause for a fatal second.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Does Lucretia know about the locket?

She must, since it's shut her down plenty of times. But I'm not sure she's ever actually mentioned it.

Every previous time she's woken up when the locket was off. Now, all they have to do is stall her until it turns back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Agatha probably just about has the locker welded on her right now. I suspect Gil/Klaus would also prevent her from taking it off since he does know what it does. I suspect any moment know Bang and Zeetha will be showing up.

To me Gil is acting very odd here. He let it be know that Lu was in Agatha's head and that the Baron was in his head. Did Gil intentional screw up?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

What do you mean Gil acting up?

Klaus took control back Here, and kinda had to reveal that Lu had taken over, else the danger from misunderstandings and confusion were to big.
    And Lu then spotted that it were Klaus that currently running the body because despite everything else then she is still a brilliant spark.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Ok, I think we have a good chance of nothing going any worse than just conversation here. Lucrezia seems well aware that she is totally outmatched with absolutely no support if she tried to escape, so she's not even going to try. She's just taking advantage of her temporary opportunity to talk a bit and maybe stir up some chaos with revealed secrets.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but I love Glaus' expression in panel 3 of today's update. It's such a perfect "Klaus" look.

As for Lu recognizing Klaus, turnabout is fair play, as has been mentioned a couple of times.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb