Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Question, how can a deity break divine law at this point? Direct intervention on the Prime in someone else's worshippers? Creating free willed beings without true souls? I'm not sure how much stuff there is to break just yet, though there was a general agreement to let Nergath draft more divine law, subject to appeal.
    What about gods who refuse Nergath's authority and the laws they create entirely? Is it an outvoted thing enforced with "cause we can"?
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    Does anyone have dibs on healing magic?
    I have dibs on LIGHT magic, but healing can be a subschool
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

yea. they won't be zombies. if they die, they die. you'll see, i promise not to step on ur toes.
    My toes are very sensitive and prone to being butt-hurt!

Does anyone have dibs on healing magic?
    Not sure about this one, I'm just replying to explain something about my phantoms. They're not using magic or anything. It's literally divine power bring the okyua back for agreeing to give thanks to Uelticrat (If and where they do) so.. Yeah. Healing magic is still up for grabs, I THINK.

Question, how can a deity break divine law at this point? Direct intervention on the Prime in someone else's worshippers? Creating free willed beings without true souls? I'm not sure how much stuff there is to break just yet, though there was a general agreement to let Nergath draft more divine law, subject to appeal.
    I myself am unsure of the answer to this. I assumed it meant, "Do not use your AP to affect things of other gods, nor attack things directly." I assumed it meant IC'ly "Do not use your abilities to tamper with the "thinking" mortals of other gods" My character assumed it meant the same think that I thought it meant IC'ly, and my character pretends to think it means, "Do not go literally stomp on someone elses people." *LE SHRUG*
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    To Nergath, it's Heresy to suggest that Deities and Mortals are in any way equal. Deities are fundamentally different in her eyes, they have 'the Spark'. Mortals on the other hand, do not, and they are always created by the gods, thus they are insignificant and their suffering is irrelevant.
    When Skyen hears about this, he is going to be royally pissed, as if you've just gotten him in the mood and then knocked him out with a punch to his bare ball sack while you were groping

Skyen might decide not collaborate with Nergath anymore than he strictly needs to, and will recognize his cooperation with her as a mistake.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently, the Divine Laws are thus:

"Direct Intervention on the Material Plane in any manner aside from creating and altering biological, meteorological, or geological formations is forbidden."
    "All Souls must be collected and transferred to Gehenna to be judged and sorted to their respective gods."
    "Open combat between Divines on the Material Plane is prohibited."

So, by preventing souls from going to Gehenna, smiting people with bolts of lightning from your own hands, or trying to kill a god on the material plane (outside the arena), you break Divine Law. Otherwise, it's fair game.

EDIT: You'll never get Nergath to admit that ICly, by the way. She's evil because she's indifferent to mortal suffering (sometimes she even prefers it), so long as the law is upheld.

EDIT2: At least, those are the rules Nergath understands as having been agreed upon. They're the ones she's enforcing currently.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-14 at 07:42 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

6. - Top - End - #276

What's the punishment for breaking divine law? Does she just blackmail gods with the souls of their creations? What if a god didn't want their creation's souls to travel to Ghenna and be subject to Nergath's judgement?
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    What's the punishment for breaking divine law? Does she just blackmail gods with the souls of their creations? What if a god didn't want their creation's souls to travel to Ghenna and be subject to Nergath's judgement?
    Currently? Nothing. Nergath plans to change that to 'Proportional to the Crime'. Which might include imprisonment, banishment, etc.

They'd have to prevent the Angels of Death from taking said soul to Gehenna... Gehenna.

How will Nergath enforce this? She's going to go around and work out with all the gods agreements to follow the rules in exchange for a bit of a power boost (Pantheon).
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-14 at 07:53 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

8. - Top - End - #278

Whoops, sorry. Gehenna. :P

My idea would work to do that, somewhat, luckily.

I guess I can spill the beans of the pantheon I'm making too. (Open recruitment btw )

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops, sorry. Gehenna. :P

My idea would work to do that, somewhat, luckily.

I guess I can spill the beans of the pantheon I'm making too. (Open recruitment btw )
    Pooey...

EDIT: Just to be clear, the point of Nergath isn't to rule over the gods, but rather police them and keep their interactions flowing. She hates mortals, yes, but she's already given up claim to the Material Plane in exchange for being the judge.

I'm also confused as to why Mirmulnir threw his tantrum...
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-14 at 08:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Pooey...

EDIT: Just to be clear, the point of Nergath isn't to rule over the gods, but rather police them and keep their interactions flowing. She hates mortals, yes, but she's already given up claim to the Material Plane in exchange for being the judge.

He dun like being told what to do.

That's really about it. xD

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

He dun like being told what to do.

That's really about it. xD
    So his biggest problem was people saying 'We should not do X'?

Well, we'll see where this goes. Nergath will be paying a visit eventually, though.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pooey...

Probably realized the Dragon born is coming.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

BTW, currently Uraneth doesn't even know other gods exist, nor does she care. She's like a child, everything is new.

She suspects others like her (feather and momma) but beyond that, she had no concept.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    BTW, currently Uraneth doesn't even know other gods exist, nor does she care. She's like a child, everything is new.

She suspects others like her (feather and momma) but beyond that, she had no concept.
    Sweet.
    Nergath might come down to talk when she's finished in Gehenna and is fracturing herself to spread word of the laws.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    Probably realized the Dragon born is coming.
    That gave me a good chuckle, thanks.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I added a few pictures to the wiki. Some characters' images didn't fit or I dont know what they look like enough to place one

17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I knew we had light magic, by I honestly assumed that was, you know, LIGHT magic. Like sunburst, holy wrath, etc. If healing must be a subschool of that, I'll make it so, but I would really rather not. I am thinking more druid than cleric here. Regeneration rather than holy light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Thank you, Squid.

19. - Top - End - #289

https://lords-of-creation-spawn-of-t...ikis/main-page

Oh, for the love of Skyen, why isn't the creation of Love noted here?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

I hadn't recorded the Important Mortal events yet (Largely because I didn't read them all thoroughly). If you want to compile a list of events like the creation of concepts, landmasses, races, etc, then I'll edit it and put it up on the wiki all pretty like. For now I think Mortal events will have their date recorded as 'Dawn Era'. As we progress, other Eras might come around, and maybe even calendars.

21. - Top - End - #291

I hadn't recorded the Important Mortal events yet (Largely because I didn't read them all thoroughly). If you want to compile a list of events like the creation of concepts, landmasses, races, etc, then I'll edit it and put it up on the wiki all pretty like. For now I think Mortal events will have their date recorded as 'Dawn Era'. As we progress, other Eras might come around, and maybe even calendars.
    The power of Love allows all non-divine beings to love. That means that anything, immortal or not can love.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    The power of Love allows all non-divine beings to love. That means that anything, immortal or not can love.
    By Mortal I mean anything not a God.
    If you want me to add it to the 'Important Divine Events' list, I can.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I also made a really, really crude map. It isnt pretty, but I wanted to get all the landmasses in respect to each other. I read the descriptions of the lands as they were made to for relative position. feel free to edit/improve it

24. - Top - End - #294

I'm not sure how to add a new page without mucking things up. Would you add one for Mirgoroth listed as a hero or demi-god?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure how to add a new page without mucking things up. Would you add one for Mirgoroth listed as a hero or demi-god?
    [[WORDS]] will make a link when you save the edit. If there's no page of that name on the wiki, then it'll come up as a yellow link that you can click on to make a new page.

26. - Top - End - #296

AssassinGuy

Since I am going to start making stuff, I guess I should get a wiki account. So I hooked it up to my google account, but... I don't know what to do from there. Username is shyer2k, if that matters.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I am going to start making stuff, I guess I should get a wiki account. So I hooked it up to my google account, but... I don't know what to do from there. Username is shyer2k, if that matters.
    You're invited, should get a notification soon.

28. - Top - End - #298

AssassinGuy

Right!

(Very long) post is done. Since I only really post once a day, I have to squeeze rather a lot in there.

As I mentioned in the spoiler, I would love input on what the various rose wands should do, and what direction I should take with the trees of life.

And yes, I do know that directly interacting with mortal life is kind of a no-no. Sunev didn't get the memo, and would ignore it if she had.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Right!

(Very long) post is done. Since I only really post once a day, I have to squeeze rather a lot in there.

As I mentioned in the spoiler, I would love input on what the various rose wands should do, and what direction I should take with the trees of life.

And yes, I do know that directly interacting with mortal life is kind of a no-no. Sunev didn't get the memo, and would ignore it if she had.
    Interacting isn't out, Intervening is. So, harming (or helping) them directly is a no-no. I've still to figure out what 'Directly' means in this context.

30. - Top - End - #300

AssassinGuy

Added a couple things to the wiki. A picture of me; my new species; and Skyen's and Sunev's third domains.

I kind of want to create an 'Artefacts and Relics' tab, but I am being foiled (ironically enough) by my own plural artefact.

Interacting and intervening are really, REALLY similar. If I save a life. If I make someone fall in love. If I restore a limb to a crippled man. If I ease someones passage into death. Which falls into which category? Similarly, merely speaking to a race can send them down a different path, where the life of but one mortal would change little.