Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    Added a couple things to the wiki. A picture of me; my new species; and Skyen's and Sunev's third domains.

I kind of want to create an 'Artefacts and Relics' tab, but I am being foiled (ironically enough) by my own plural artefact.

Interacting and intervening are really, REALLY similar. If I save a life. If I make someone fall in love. If I restore a limb to a crippled man. If I ease someones passage into death. Which falls into which category? Similarly, merely speaking to a race can send them down a different path, where the life of but one mortal would change little.
    I can make an 'Artefacts and Relics' table on the main Wiki page if you'd like

Exactly, which is why I need to figure out exactly what counts as intervening. I'll probably have it end up as healing, hurting, or generally interfering with another God's things in person, directly. If you do it THROUGH a mortal, like a cleric or druid channeling your power to do something like that, then it'll be fine. If you show up to heal a follower of Uelticrat to get him to convert, then that's a violation. If you show up to heal your own follower after the battle, then you're fine. If you show up to heal your follower during the battle, that's a no-no.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I can make an 'Artefacts and Relics' table on the main Wiki page if you'd like

Exactly, which is why I need to figure out exactly what counts as intervening. I'll probably have it end up as healing, hurting, or generally interfering with another God's things in person, directly. If you do it THROUGH a mortal, like a cleric or druid channelling your power to do something like that, then it'll be fine. If you show up to heal a follower of Uelticrat to get him to convert, then that's a violation. If you show up to heal your own follower after the battle, then you're fine. If you show up to heal your follower during the battle, that's a no-no.
    Hrm... that makes Uelticrat's phantoms legally interesting. They're not real beings, just a manifestation of his power, and have no degree of independent agency... but he isn't personally overseeing their opperations amidst the Okyua. How would uncertainties like this be handled? Divine Court?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fair warning. Like I mentioned, I don't know about that law, and even if I did I would just completely ignore it.

That said, I don't plan on canvassing for followers, or helping 'my people' (since I don't have any) above another's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Hrm... that makes Uelticrat's phantoms legally interesting. They're not real beings, just a manifestation of his power, and have no degree of independent agency... but he isn't personally overseeing their opperations amidst the Okyua. How would uncertainties like this be handled? Divine Court?
    Bring it to the court's attention and the Court will summon all affected parties to come to a compromise (in the event of uncertainties like this one) or a ruling (in the event of blatant rule breakings).

Fair warning. Like I mentioned, I don't know about that law, and even if I did I would just completely ignore it.

That said, I don't plan on canvassing for followers, or helping 'my people' (since I don't have any) above another's.
    Be prepared to have Nergath hound you for breaking laws when she finds out.

EDIT: I just realized I may be in the process of making things a little sucky for some people... I'm going to back off a bit. If your god has a problem with a law, please report it... plus I imagine there'll be a God war over them eventually... it's the nature of these things.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-15 at 02:06 AM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

5. - Top - End - #305

AssassinGuy

Hmn. Come and try.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean, if you'd like, you could have Sunev hear the shout for Fain and arrive before he can.
    EDIT: Hell, Sunev would probably notice the comet falling down to earth first... so if she's curious.

I'll be up for a few more hours, so it gives you more chance to roleplay while you can.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-15 at 02:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

DL, is there any portion of Nergath still in Gehenna? Maya would like a word with her Dolorous sibling (And no, I will not stop making 'Ancient and Sombre Dolores' jokes just yet. )

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

DL, is there any portion of Nergath still in Gehenna? Maya would like a word with her Dolorous sibling (And no, I will not stop making 'Ancient and Sombre Dolores' jokes just yet. )
    *googles*
    Did I title myself after some Catholic Saint Heresy?
    Itsa poem!

Oh well, whatcha gunna do.

Yes, there's still part of her in Gehenna, in the 'Divine Court'. She split into 4 pieces.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-15 at 03:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Wow! I just slept for some hours
    Reading up on the IC now.

My short OOC comment:
    Everyone, players and deities, will interprete the Divine law differently.
    That's kind of the fun.
    Fáin will defend his actions when it is needed.

10. - Top - End - #310

AssassinGuy

So Nergath believes in that lovely quote from Nobilis, I see.

"I had thought my army would hold off the Power that moved against me. Or, if it failed, that it would make a good showing -- that it would give them a battle worth remembering. That chroniclers of my time would speak of King Mago and how he held his own, for seventy days and seven, against the might of a living god.

I did not understand. God help me, I did not understand.

We are not rats before him, weak in person but deadly as a horde.

We are dust."

Edit: thanks for updating the wiki! Looking at it, the code is actually really simple, so I have no excuse.

Double edit: where is the lake of sorrow?
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-15 at 03:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

I envision the Divine Laws working more or less like the Godly United Nations: Very little actually gets done.

@Sean THAT!!!
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-15 at 03:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312

AssassinGuy

If you didn't know about that quote, glad you like it ^^

And I got ninjaed in my edit, so thanks again for editing the wiki for me ^^

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

If you didn't know about that quote, glad you like it ^^

And I got ninjaed in my edit, so thanks again for editing the wiki for me ^^
    Lake of Sorrow is somewhere on Volcanaan I believe.

I love it! Well, for this particular character anyway.

You're most welcome.

14. - Top - End - #314

AssassinGuy

Before I post IC, I want to know how big Nergath is. Is she sitting on the seat in the way that Fain did, or is she human-sized, or somewhere in the middle?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Before I post IC, I want to know how big Nergath is. Is she sitting on the seat in the way that Fain did, or is she human-sized, or somewhere in the middle?
    She's roughly 7 feet tall, so bigger than a human, but she's standing on the middle plateau, not sitting in the chair like Fàin was.

16. - Top - End - #316

AssassinGuy

Whee! Three new posts crop up while I am writing mine!

At least now I am here, so it is three rather than thirty. Progress!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well, that was rather short

I just got up, and have to go soon. But I will be able to post something later today.

Concerning the law, I think everything deities do is okay, as long as their Players doesn't break the rules of the game and stay polite OOC.
    IC every god can try to make rules/laws and enforce them, how the other characters react will be largely up them.
    If there are things that mix up this (like the souls), well, first come, first serve, but ask the other players (not characters) - so, in this case, everything is fine.

Perhaps, Nergath keeps the souls of Fáin's followers (not that I know of many), or perhaps she will do nothing, however, Fáin will react somehow.
    What I think is problematic, is doing things, that were done IC or prohibited or called dibs on OOC, even if you hadn't your say in the matter, be creative. The rules of LoC are more of a framework. If there are souls bound to free will, but you want them too when your creatures die, try to strike a deal with Nergath, take them all to another plane or whatever...

The soul thing is just an example, same goes for magic, undead, ...

Just my opinion

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Whee! Three new posts crop up while I am writing mine!

At least now I am here, so it is three rather than thirty. Progress!
    Wonderful, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    Well, that was rather short

I just got up, and have to go soon. But I will be able to post something later today.

Concerning the law, I think everything deities do is okay, as long as their Players doesn't break the rules of the game and stay polite OOC.
    IC every god can try to make rules/laws and enforce them, how the other characters react will be largely up them.
    If there are things that mix up this (like the souls), well, first come, first serve, but ask the other players (not characters) - so, in this case, everything is fine.

Perhaps, Nergath keeps the souls of Fáin's followers (not that I know of many), or perhaps she will do nothing, however, Fáin will react somehow.
    What I think is problematic, is doing things, that were done IC or prohibited or called dibs on OOC, even if you hadn't your say in the matter, be creative. The rules of LoC are more of a framework. If there are souls bound to free will, but you want them too when your creatures die, try to strike a deal with Nergath, take them all to another plane or whatever...

The soul thing is just an example, same goes for magic, undead, ...

Just my opinion
    Well, I was interrupted. EDIT: If you have time to post a short 'sure, why not', then I can get my big proposal post up for when you return.

As for the Law, OOCly, it means nothing. ICly, it means whatever you take it to mean.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-15 at 03:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #319

AssassinGuy

Ohhhhh, Nergath is going to HATE me.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Ohhhhh, Nergath is going to HATE me.
    We'll see. She might end up liking you... from a distance.

21. - Top - End - #321

AssassinGuy

I reckon this is a valid question.

I know, OOC, that you mean divinity as a concept, not the gods themselves. But that would make even LESS sense to Sunev.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@DarkLady: Please take my last post as the 'sure, why not', you asked for.

I'm at my mobile as of now, and can and will read everything, but posting will be difficult, especially IC

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Reply is up, and I'll be around for another half hour or so. Then it's off to bed for the Dark Lady!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Sleep well. (After answering my new post? ) You have earned it.

25. - Top - End - #325

AssassinGuy

Awww, you didn't argue against me about mortals thinking themselves divine. I had an argument all lined up. Well, the bare bones of one.

It's like... like asking which is deeper - a rose or the sea. The question doesn't even make sense. One has depth and the other does not.

Like divine ranks in DnD. A mortal does not have a divine rank of 0. They just don't have a divine rank.

Anyway, I think I am going to make one more IC post and then go to bed and probably not post for around 20 hours.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Sleep well. (After answering my new post? ) You have earned it.
    Your answer has arrived! And I have?

Awww, you didn't argue against me about mortals thinking themselves divine. I had an argument all lined up. Well, the bare bones of one.

It's like... like asking which is deeper - a rose or the sea. The question doesn't even make sense. One has depth and the other does not.

Like divine ranks in DnD. A mortal does not have a divine rank of 0. They just don't have a divine rank.

Anyway, I think I am going to make one more IC post and then go to bed and probably not post for around 20 hours.
    You didn't bring it up

Heh, that's actually how Nergath sees it. It's why she personally dislikes mortals, because they smell weird to her divine senses. It's also why she hates mortals acting like gods, because they're NOT, and they're usurping the positions of the representatives of concepts beyond their understanding.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh my. A LOT happened here during my slumber.

@squidpope: Thanks for the pictures man. I support the one you choose for the god of pants-in-yo-underpants.

@sean_hyer: I agree with you that interacting and intervening are similar. What we need to remember though, is that although our characters are gods, we still can't "God game" persee. What that means is, if what Nergath said truly seems like one thing, and we interpret it that way, then we go off and do something contradictory to what Nergath thinks we agreed to (I'm sorry if I'm spelling that wrong. I'll fix it in a bit), it doesn't mean our gods are liars, it means they made a mistake.
    As an example: Uelticrat basically poisoned the very lives of the Okyua (Not the beings themselves, but the lives around them), now from my perspective as a player, I DID interact with them, as well as intervene, by making their lives more difficult. My god, however, truly believes that he has done nothing of the sort. He thinks the only moment he will be in the deep end, is when he wades to their island and pushes his actual foot down on it, until it is shattered into tiny, Okyua-sized pieces.

Hrm... that makes Uelticrat's phantoms legally interesting. They're not real beings, just a manifestation of his power, and have no degree of independent agency... but he isn't personally overseeing their opperations amidst the Okyua. How would uncertainties like this be handled?
    I.. I was in my pyramid! I DID NOTHING!

I just realized I may be in the process of making things a little sucky for some people... I'm going to back off a bit. If your god has a problem with a law, please report it... plus I imagine there'll be a God war over them eventually... it's the nature of these things.
    While I appreciate what you're doing, unless someone has actually complained (In which case disregard this) I say keep up your thing. It makes stuff more interesting. Of course, is someone (player-wise) is actually against it, that's another story :/ just my 50 cents.

My short OOC comment:
    Everyone, players and deities, will interprete the Divine law differently.
    That's kind of the fun.
    Fáin will defend his actions when it is needed.
    THIS!

I'm off to IC now.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

AddZable, quick question: How would you feel about moths with poisonous but vibrant scales on their wings? Would they fit Uelticrat, at all?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler: my IC post
    Show
    Then the light returned, and when Syrid had vanquished the shadows with its light, he found himself on a gray expanse, viewing a judge's table in front of an intricately runed circle. A horned woman stood in front of it. His eyes went wide at the sight of her, a creature of wonder, of beauty and power and terror. He did not speak, only gaped in awe.

So I know Maya and part of Nergath have been talking here for a while, but I would like to point out that I am in the room. You guys seem to be carrying on like I'm not there, and I wanted to know if one of us missed something or If I should just retcon it.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    AddZable, quick question: How would you feel about moths with poisonous but vibrant scales on their wings? Would they fit Uelticrat, at all?
    They would.. Why? Do you want me to create them? If so, I can't really do it now, as I'm going to be using up all my AP soon.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.