Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Great, with all this talk of mommy gods I'm now imagining Saha having a young infant, slowly rocking its crib, whispering it to calmness... before yelling "IG CALTE CTHULA APRET VINOC!" or something similar. Then biting its little head off

Taking anything else over to the OOC, but I will admit she's pretty interested in forming the Abyss. I mean it looks like she's the only CE god, so it makes sense. There's plenty of CN and NE, but no-one is willing to commit to go all the way. Cowards
    awesome picture

I realize, I'm not that firm on DnD cosmology.
    I planned to travel through a plane of darkness (and potentially water), before reaching the World. I don't know if this would be the Abyss, but it certainly would be Sahu's domain

Alas, I refrained from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Awww, someone gave me a new title!

In all seriousness posting my sheet from the recruitment here, then I'll see what I can do IC. I'll admit I thought the world would be all water than all land to start off with, but that doesn't really change much thankfully.
    Yeah, I thought so too.

By the way, Anubis, perhaps Fáin could meet Sahu in the Darkness and that horror is what made him lose part of his senses.
    He probably couldn't even remember it. Just fluff.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Wow that topic went fast! Better hop in. Too bad I missed the mommy conversation. XD

I don't see form astrological object in this game; in order to create the sun what action should I use? Create Land?

Character Repost
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her Luminance, The Lord of Light, Purifier of the Wicked, The Glory

Played By: Phobia
    Domains and Portfolios: Fire (Light), Order (Control)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Description: This world is a tumultuous place full of chaos and that must be stopped. There must always be a shinning beacon of raging light to purify that darkness, for good. Her Luminance burns away all that is wicked and unclean leaving only righteousness. When she chooses to delight the earth in her presence it is as a burning effigy of light, a very tall elven woman looking serene covered in roaring flames that cover her nudity. In her left hand she carries a book of laws that all creatures must obey and in her right she carries a sword that shines as brightly as the sun. Sometimes her face may appear stern but it never gets much beyond serene even while she burns the unclean.

These laws give purpose to the squirming mass of flesh that must call itself life and without purpose there would be no point in those things living. She hath declared these certain things law so that no creature should go against it. This must be the creator's divine will because Her Luminance would not have been formed in the first place. Thus everything that is declared law by the very gods must be observed and respected. Mortals must be obedient to the divines because that is their sole purpose in life and in death. Those that do not obey are wicked and must be cleansed. If not the world may fall back into it's original chaos. Society must form and rules must be set down for a proper world to exist, everything must be binded together, recorded, and cataloged. So sayeth Her Luminance.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-08 at 10:48 AM.
    LGBTitP

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    awesome picture

I realize, I'm not that firm on DnD cosmology.
    I planned to travel through a plane of darkness (and potentially water), before reaching the World. I don't know if this would be the Abyss, but it certainly would be Sahu's domain

Alas, I refrained from it.
    At this stage there's nothing actually in existence, so anything you pass through would be another dimension anyway. Since all the gods only have domain over this dimension, there's no way Sahu could be involved. Now if you were to enter play later on then that definitely would be an option if the Abyss existed at that point

By the way, Anubis, perhaps Fáin could meet Sahu in the Darkness and that horror is what made him lose part of his senses.
    He probably couldn't even remember it. Just fluff.
    If the Abyss exists at that point then definitely. If not any old eldritch horror would do - I'm pretty sure Cthulu is a universal constant.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

In my submission I tried to sneakily claim Red for Mazathustra. It seems I have succeeded.

Just as planned.

Mazathustra, the Leonine Lord, the Golden God, the Player of Games
    Played By: RavenStarver
    Domains: Civilization (Politics), Wealth (Commerce)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Description:

Spoiler
    Show
    Scholars agree that the city Dras-Vulpes is one of the Wonders of the World--which is saying something, seeing how scholars love to argue so much. A proud merchant city, Dras-Vulpes is ruled by the High Priest of Mazathustra, and it shows. It is a model metropolis, with wide streets and beautiful buildings and spectacular sculptures. The city's heroes, its poets, its great orators and generals and wise men are all preserved down to the finest detail in flawless marble. But the city's fame does not come from these statues. To see the source of the city's glory, you'll have to visit the Great Temple.

In the Great Temple (which, being a theocracy, is also the center of government), you will find the Throne Room of the High Priest. And it is behind the Throne of the High Priest that the city's pride and joy lies. It is a statue of a winged lion, crafted from gleaming brass. Its mane is made from purest gold, and glittering ruby eyes stare down at worshippers. The wings are covered in softest bronze, and pale silver fangs glint from within the stern mouth. It is an idol of Mazathustra, the god, patron, and protector of the city of Dras-Vulpes. Every day hundreds of citizens come to honor, pray to, and pay homage to the god. If you asked them what they thought of the statue, they would tell you it reflected their master's likeness in every way. And for the most part, they are right--but unknown to the people of Dras-Vulpes, they made the idol with one single flaw:

They missed the ****-eating grin.

Mazathustra is the god of politicians, merchants, orators, and all those who prosper by a quick wit and a silver tongue. He adores mixing himself up in mortal affairs, whispering cunning advice into the ears of princes, kings, and emperors. He is benevolent and seeks to build a better world for mortals, while understanding the importance of holding no illusions: life is harsh and often downright unfair--and if the rules are stacked against you, there's no shame in cheating.

While the god might be seen as making certain "moral concessions" to the rulers who worship him, he makes up for it by holding them to a rigorous ethic: if they wish to achieve Paradise, they must be prepared to sacrifice everything for their people. They must be prepared to sacrifice honor, family, friendship, even their very souls. Good rulers rarely make good men, and good men are rarely good rulers. Mazathustra tries to help his worshippers walk this treacherous path.

His clerics and ascetics, meanwhile, are famous for two things: their flexibility and their sense of sarcasm. Spiritually, they seek a strange sort of enlightenment: Utter Disenchantment. They wish to hold no illusions about the world or mortalkind, and to see life as it truly is, be it good or bad. In pursuit of this bittersweet beatitude, they have made great strides in the study of society: political science, economics, and military strategy are often their domain as much as prayers and miracles, and the priests of the Lion God are sought after the world over as advisors and tutors for would-be rulers.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

A statue of the Lion God.
    See? They can never get that grin quite right...

5. - Top - End - #35

AssassinGuy

Yeah, let's go with that. Once there is dirt, light, water and (not necessarily) breathable air, plant me.

Also, I reckon the first of anything is pretty cool. I already get the first plants, but looking around I might get (be) the first thing colored green. No-one make green thingies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Kapow&Anubus Dread: I don't think I hinted at the planet starting as water at any point. I don't think it should complicate things though.

@Anubis Dread: ..Uh.. There is not Cthulu.

@sean_hyer: I'm totally making green-glowing maggots now. ..Kidding.

@Phobia: I'd say it depends on how much you want to "Put into" the sun. For example: If you want to create the sun simply so that there is one, I think Create Land would be fine. If you want to the sun to affect things (To a greater extend than our, real sun does.) Then I'd say weave plane would be better. I also suggest waiting on our other mods ruling, just incase.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Right, Mazathustra is now in play, as is Maya, the goddess of luck.

By the way, to what degree are small fourth-wall-related jokes and minor RL references allowed? I ask because I think it would be amusing for there to be a boss-and-intern sort of dynamic between Mazathustra and his assistant (maybe vague comments about working towards her degree, or glowing references on her resume, or something), and I might like to throw in the occasional bit of dialogue along the lines of "Well, I was reading about Thomas Hobbes' theory of the Social Contract the other day, and-" "The Who with the What now?" "Nevermind. As I was saying..."
    Last edited by RavenStarver; 2014-08-08 at 04:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@Add: No problem, really
    Spoiler: but...
    Show
    The First World of the Material PlaneThe game starts with the creator, creating the original 7 gods, and a blank world. This world is a planet similar to Earth - except there is nothing on it but water. It is up to the gods to populate it, shape it, and sustain it.
    copy-paste?!
    Last edited by Kapow; 2014-08-08 at 04:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got permission from the mods to spawn without a parent deity, so everyone's aware.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

@RavenStarver: I am severely against the idea. I don't like fourth-wall breaking. I'm not ruling against it, but I'm telling you I don't like it.

@Kapow: Mm, t'was copy pasted.I forgot to edit that out. Thank you for the reminder.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-08 at 05:22 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    @Phobia: I'd say it depends on how much you want to "Put into" the sun. For example: If you want to create the sun simply so that there is one, I think Create Land would be fine. If you want to the sun to affect things (To a greater extend than our, real sun does.) Then I'd say weave plane would be better. I also suggest waiting on our other mods ruling, just incase.
    Weave Plane works if you want it to be the equivalent of the Positive Energy Plane, or the Elemental Plane of Fire. The Sun could be an enormous portal to said plane.
    Create Land works if you want it to just be a big ball of hydrogen and fusion. If you want mortals to be able to USE the sun, like 'Solar Magic' that is derived from it, then Create Concept should be thrown in too.

@RavenStarver Fourth Wall breaking, while not exactly against any rules, isn't encouraged. It really depends on the game and the group though, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm personally iffy about it, but if you want it to be a feature of your character, I'm not one to say "NO!".
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    @RavenStarver: I am severely against the idea. I don't like fourth-wall breaking. I'm not ruling against it, but I'm telling you I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    @RavenStarver Fourth Wall breaking, while not exactly against any rules, isn't encouraged. It really depends on the game and the group though, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm personally iffy about it, but if you want it to be a feature of your character, I'm not one to say "NO!".
    Eh, fair enough.

13. - Top - End - #43

Did anyone want first dibs on creating life? I'm writing up my introduction right now and was going to include creation of a "New form of subgradient being born of the Bones of the World, to better enable the Verse to understand Itself".

A nautilus inspired creature born of rock and water, the only two materials in the world, with plenty of tentacles and articulated appendages like arthropods that'll fly once air is invented.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    Did anyone want first dibs on creating life? I'm writing up my introduction right now and was going to include creation of a "New form of subgradient being born of the Bones of the World, to better enable the Verse to understand Itself".

A nautilus inspired creature born of rock and water, the only two materials in the world, with plenty of tentacles and articulated appendages like arthropods that'll fly once air is invented.
    Aboleths. Why did it have to be aboleths...?

On that note, if nobody else has their heart set on the idea, I'd rather like to be the one to create human beings. Man is the Political Animal, and all that.

15. - Top - End - #45

RedKnightGirl

Technical Saha just created a metric fudge tonne of life as a side effect of Create Land. But that doesn't really fit her all too well, so it's easy to just say it's lifeless for now and can be inhabited with non-specific life at a later date as a sort of fluff action.

As a side note, just how much ocean DID Saha just make with 6AP? I was guessing enough to pretty much drown everything not highly elevated, which... I guess would be everything since technically elevation isn't a thing that exists yet

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStarver View Post

On that note, if nobody else has their heart set on the idea, I'd rather like to be the one to create human beings. Man is the Political Animal, and all that.
    No. Picture a nautilus with very long tentacles, and crustacean like legs from further back in its shell. Kinda like an octopus, with it's head turned into a nautilus shell and with many jointed legs emerging from the back.

Anubis, that's what I believed as well. 6AP, I figured everything but that Pyramid was drowned in this new planet-covering ocean.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-08 at 06:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

@Water Levels, 2AP = Create Land = About a continent. Three continent's worth of water.

18. - Top - End - #48

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    @Water Levels, 2AP = Create Land = About a continent. Three continent's worth of water.
    That then begs the question of how many contents worth of land was on thet dusty red ball at the start of the game, but I guess that's kind of a moot point until anybody invests AP in it anyway, so... the whole world is water either way

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStarver View Post

It's fine by me. I'm going to guess we're waiting on Her Luminescence to create the Sun before Nature, Life and all that good stuff comes along?

Waiting on you in the IC Raven BTW. For now, busy pondering what Maya's first creations will be. She's got a long list, but which of them can come before the world?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

It's fine by me. I'm going to guess we're waiting on Her Luminescence to create the Sun before Nature, Life and all that good stuff comes along?

Waiting on you in the IC Raven BTW. For now, busy pondering what Maya's first creations will be. She's got a long list, but which of them can come before the world?
    Right, sorry about the delay there. Armin, I'll be with you shortly.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Erm.... sorry to be back and forth-ing with you like this, Raven, but just to check: do you want Maza to have first dibs at talking to Skyen? Maya's got nothing particular to say to the storm god, I just wasn't sure if you wanted to push his interruption back, or if you just wanted to get the bit to Maya up first before turning to the other god?

22. - Top - End - #52

I went ahead and created my thing. I'm keeping it a complete mystery intentionally and I've kinda got it in my head that it won't quite be life as we know it. Like, it isn't alive per se, but it isn't undead or dead. It's just alien.

For an example that may or may not be the same thing as this First Subgradient, I had an idea for a race of beings that exist in four spatial dimensions, and what other mortals interact with are literally their shadows which appear in three-dimensions. So you can understand I'm going with a bizarre and alien vibe.

I hope my first post wasn't going too far with the metaphysics of things either. I had a sort of Kirkbride moment and ran with it.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-08-08 at 11:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

Just to be clear - are you creating a singular life form, or an entirely new race?
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    Just to be clear - are you creating a singular life form, or an entirely new race?
    Singular, which is why I designated it a Hero.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Erm.... sorry to be back and forth-ing with you like this, Raven, but just to check: do you want Maza to have first dibs at talking to Skyen? Maya's got nothing particular to say to the storm god, I just wasn't sure if you wanted to push his interruption back, or if you just wanted to get the bit to Maya up first before turning to the other god?
    Doesn't really matter to me. I can't really think of any business they've got with each other either, but I suppose we have to get to know each other sooner or later, don't we? Why don't we get into our conversation, and then we can act as if he's interrupted? He did apologize for that, after all.

26. - Top - End - #56

Planetar

Trop is here and claims firebrick.

Spoiler: Trop, the Scribe
    Show

Trop, The Scribe

Played By: Roko10
    Domains and Portfolios: Words(Stories), Strife(Conflicts)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, leaning towards Chaotic Good.

Appearance:
    The Scribe's original and default appearence appearence is an tall, lanky man seemingly made of pure energy, dressed in a blue robe, a hood covering his "face", which is simply two glowing eyes. Trop, however, can assume many forms and many names, which is useful in his usage of his portfolio.

Description:

Trop is the God of Stories. He sees the world as a big stage, with him as the playwright; poets, writers, and artists pray to him and give him tributes for the chance of success.

No story can be made in a vaccuum, of course, and that's why Trop is also the god of Conflict. Wars for a kidnapped princess, the complicated and often deadly politics of a decadent court, and even the squabbles of a family, there may be a chance that Trop has created it in the first place or else supported it. Tributes to stave his wrath only accelerates it, as Trop appreciates the irony which resides in it.

However, Trop always assigns the role of the hero, the one who can stop the conflict he himself has created or supported, to a mortal. The mortal can be everybody, such as a seasoned veteran of a war to a simple farm boy. One thing is certain, however; he always issues an chroniciler to describe the adventures of this hero.

Sometimes Trop might let the hero lose; most of the time he lets the hero win, however.
    Last edited by roko10; 2014-08-09 at 07:56 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

AssassinGuy

Well, now we have earth and water. Come the sun, and possibly something to breathe (or I could do that), I'll show up and do your gardening.

In the meantime, I have a vital question. Should I be born from the flower (a la Thumbelina), or should I be the flower itself?

Oh, and a couple questions for the mods as well.
    Would creating plant life just be as simple as using the 'alter terrain' function? Is there a limit to the number of different species created? How much control would I have over the types of created plants?
    Is there a specific way I would set the season of the world? I would like to cause it, from the moment of my birth, to be springtime. Eventually this will (probably) change, either if we get another nature deity or if Sahu decides to kill everything by freezing the world.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Eldamar: Technically, my pyramid is covered in maggots.. Which are alive. However, I'm not against someone using create life and "Creating" the first life.

@sean_hyer: I think you should do whichever one you would have more fun typing up :p There is no limit to the number of plants created, and yes, just alter terrain. If you want the plants to be "More" than plants, or want to encourage them to take some sort of action, that would take something extra. As for the springtime thing, spring is determined by when things start to sprout, so to set it to spring time, I'd say you'd just create the plants as they are just sprouting at the moment of your birth.

@all: I've no claim on human life, so it's fine with me, whoever makes it. Going to go read the other threads now. Chow.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-09 at 10:05 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Kobold

Uyani is here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Uyani, The Slumbering God
    Played By: ImNotTrevor
    Domains: Healing (Restful Dreams), Madness (Nightmares)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Personality: Uyani, the Slumbering God. He reposes quietly, overlooking the dreams of all those who sleep. From the innocent child to the murderous demon, all who sleep dream in Uyani's dreamscape. He judges not who needs rest, only their need for it. Those who go unnoticed will typically have strange or pleasant dreams, though those whose dreams pique his interest may find themselves awakening from the best sleep of their lives...or from a horrific nightmare. Uyani does not typically spend much time musing over which is more appropriate.
    Those who worship Uyani understand his passive nature, and tend to walk a path of neutrality. They see nightmares and restful sleep alike as blessings from Uyani. One must accept the good and the bad to be truly free. Those who are faithful to Uyani may enter the dreamscape when they die. Most of his followers hope to die in their sleep, so that they need not journey to their new afterlife.
    And what an afterlife it is! The dreamscape is malleable even to the whims of mortals, though none hold more sway than Uyani. To spend eternity in the dreamscape is to enjoy many of the benefits of being a god...with none of the responsibilities.
    Physical Appearance: Uyani has two different "appearances." The first is his actual, physical body. The second is his dreamself projection. The dreamself is insubstantial and cannot truly interact with the physical world, but it is capable of interacting with dreams. It acts as a focus for Uyani's divinity while he sleeps. Killing it does not kill Uyani, but it does awaken him (usually in a very sour mood.) The dreamself can bestow blessings upon others, and is the method Uyani uses to communicate with other gods. (Most commonly by visiting them in their own sleep, if they sleep at all.)
    Uyani's physical body takes the form of a very tall obelisk with four faces. Two of the faces are white with red runes. The other two are black with blue runes. This Obelisk is Uyani's sleeping body. When Uyani awakens, the obelisk separates into a head, two arms, and four squat legs. While in the form of an obelisk, Uyani stands approximately 125 feet tall, and 30 feet wide at the base. When he awakens, Uyani is around 150 feet tall.
    The Dreamself is similarly halved, though it typically has a much smaller frame and more humanoid shape. Uyani's dreamself projection (Hereafter referred to as "Uyani" because it is the same being projecting his will remotely, not a seperate entity) most often appears to be a masculine humanoid with its body bisected into two different materials. The materials will usually shift over time, but will remain opposed in some way. For instance, he may appear to be made of gold and dirt, water and fire, silk and steel, stone and whirling air currents, glowing cloud and dark mist, etc. However, Uyani will frequently change shape to better aid him in affecting the dreams of those whose minds enter his dreamscape.

30. - Top - End - #60

I don't like the names everywhere and the rest, that'll get confusing.
    LGBTitP