Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Ah, good difference to point out.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Well technically the bladesinger's aren't my philosophy and yours, and in fact my other elves will probably despise the manna-user hippies. The hippie philosophy was just a skewed version of what your goddess had intended that I decided to play around with. I really like what you've done with it tho!

In fact we kinda have a few different groups of elves so far so let me officially name some. Let me officially say that I was gonna call my elves Sun Elves as in pretty much all elves are Sun Elves as of now right, that's the way I made them. And I'll establish a society for them next rollover. Is there a moon yet? I thought I saw that someone had made one but I don't remember who it was. And I thought that I'd call all the elves that didn't live in cities either Wild Elves or Wood Elves, like sean's hunters or Kaliko's band.

I have no real ideas about the hippes that live with the ink or what to call them but they'll probably end up being less severe Sun Elves. Maybe Toxic Mind will do something interesting to them.

What kind of artifact with the Red Rose Wand? What was that one again, love?

I imagined Azrael's murder of Nergath to be more of an assassination since he has to take down a god.. much less two gods and an angel. But I'm sure we'll hash out all the details.
    Think the idea is that the assault is so audacious, so unexpected, that no one knows to expect it. It is easy enough for this assault to happen-all Az has to do is look the part, have his followers play the part, and then have his people distract any gods (aiming for the stuff that can hold them) while Az goes for the kill.

On the artifact, you are right. I made a mistake, so I am aiming for the Black Wand instead, and can send you details if you wish.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Well technically the bladesinger's aren't my philosophy and yours, and in fact my other elves will probably despise the manna-user hippies. The hippie philosophy was just a skewed version of what your goddess had intended that I decided to play around with. I really like what you've done with it tho!

I have no real ideas about the hippes that live with the ink or what to call them but they'll probably end up being less severe Sun Elves. Maybe Toxic Mind will do something interesting to them. .
    Does this mean the manna users living in Bastion, or all the elves who live in Bastion?
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

I imagined Azrael's murder of Nergath to be more of an assassination since he has to take down a god.. much less two gods and an angel. But I'm sure we'll hash out all the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Think the idea is that the assault is so audacious, so unexpected, that no one knows to expect it. It is easy enough for this assault to happen-all Az has to do is look the part, have his followers play the part, and then have his people distract any gods (aiming for the stuff that can hold them) while Az goes for the kill.
    Esh has the right of it. Nobody expects an Angel to have free will, much less for it to betray it's creators. If any of you are familiar with Runescape's lore, I see it sort of like Zamorak's betrayal of Zaros.
    Azrael's forces simply stroll into the throne room, bow down to Nergath, then stand up. Then they execute their coup.

Ah, good difference to point out.
    *nod* I'm thinking they'll both be magical concepts; Hellfire first, then later Hellsteel (or whatever I call it, maybe Infernite).
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

On the artifact, you are right. I made a mistake, so I am aiming for the Black Wand instead, and can send you details if you wish.
    I think Anubis claimed the Black Rose Wand for the Orc leader, though couldn't swear to it 100%.

Note to the group, I'm going to be delayed in posting until later today. Got a bundle on my plate. If I get distracted, feel free to nag me.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Nah he has the orange rose. The black roses is oddly lacking in any real utility since it only kills people who are already dieing.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The black rose is, interestingly enough, one of the three wands I cannot see a good way to pervert for evil (along with red and peach).

Pink will let you walk through a military camp unmolested to assassinate a king.
    Purple will let you rally followers to whatever fell cause you may have.
    Blue will bless any undertaking, even (for instance) an invasion of a city.
    Green can be used to heal anyone, evil or not.
    White can be used to insure truth when torturing someone.
    Yellow can be used to keep slaves happy, and prevent revolt.
    Orange will impart its blessing on whoever holds it.

@Toxic: Apart from the bladesingers, consider the elves of the city under your control. Neither Phobia nor I has any plans for them.

@Phobia: So your elves are Sun Elves, Sahu's are Orcs, and the hunters are Wild Elves. What does that make the Bladesingers? High Elves, for their pride and obsession with beauty?

Also, the dreaming god created the moon, but he is AWOL. I might take the Yanori under my wing, since they deserve a little love and I can easily see ways to use them. Illusion can be used for more than subterfuge and assassination.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-27 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

What ever happened to the winged lion?

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Also AWOL.

10. - Top - End - #760

Also AWOL.
    Skyen bought him at a pet store for Sunev.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me, or have several of our Elder Gods gone Awol? Uelticrat, Mazathustra, and Mirmulnir.
    Plus some of our second generations are missing...

I think it's time for us to make another recruitment thread... and maybe decide on another mod...
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Is it just me, or have several of our Elder Gods gone Awol? Uelticrat, Mazathustra, and Mirmulnir.
    Plus some of our second generations are missing...

I think it's time for us to make another recruitment thread... and maybe decide on another mod...
    Ah, hmmm. . .

I hope that the mod is still available.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Ah, hmmm. . .

I hope that the mod is still available.
    I mean to replace the absent AddZable, in case you thought I meant that I was going to leave.

14. - Top - End - #764

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I mean to replace the absent AddZable, in case you thought I meant that I was going to leave.
    No, I was talking about AddZable. . . -_-

sigh.

I'm so sad. Everything I get involved in dies.

15. - Top - End - #765

This isn't dead there are still plenty of interesting people and plots.

All elves are technically Sun Elves so just sun elves, being bladesingers is enough of a distinction.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-28 at 01:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #766

AssassinGuy

This isn't dead. I don't know how much luck you'll have getting new blood, but put up a recruitment thread and I will pitch in.

I have actually no idea how to reply to Skyen's post. Sorry for the delay. Trying to mesh my head around both "Cheerful Little Girl" and "Eldritch Horrors Attack" is really hard. I'll probably just laugh it off and go back to playing, but that seems rude.

Oh, and a question for Phobia / Darklady. I know angels don't have free will, but do they have emotion?
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-28 at 02:04 AM.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    This isn't dead. I don't know how much luck you'll have getting new blood, but put up a recruitment thread and I will pitch in.

I have actually no idea how to reply to Skyen's post. Sorry for the delay. Trying to mesh my head around both "Cheerful Little Girl" and "Eldritch Horrors Attack" is really hard. I'll probably just laugh it off and go back to playing, but that seems rude.

Oh, and a question for Phobia / Darklady. I know angels don't have free will, but do they have emotion?
    That's a good question... I'm not sure. IMO they're sort of like robots with specific programming. They've got a vast store of knowledge to draw from, and they can simulate emotions, but they don't really FEEL them because they don't have true free will or a mind capable of comprehending them.

That's just my take on it.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I tend to give Addzable a bit of leeway. Our valued MOD announced more or less, that he sometimes disappears for some time.

But another MOD could be helpful to work applications and questions in Add's absence (and relieve DarkLady)

19. - Top - End - #769
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Thread not dead.

On an unrelated note, I may not post for a bit, but If you don't hear from me expect me to return in the next few days with a massive post. A lot is about to happen now that the Terramancer has arrrived.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well Anubis, I hope you don't mind me saying:
    GO OKUYA!

21. - Top - End - #771

RedKnightGirl

Are you kidding? Imagine Orcs with boats! Hooray for a green elven tide of death!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

What about the krakens, though? I mean, pointy ears, in boats...

23. - Top - End - #773

RedKnightGirl

You say that like the 10% that would survive would care about the 90% that didn't

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Would you mind a curse that might make the Orc more monstrous appearing, by the way? Just a simple one for the many races, where those who spill the blood of the defenseless become more and more stained by it, possibly having it "tarnish" the body. Meaning an Orc warrior would likely be covered head to toe by the Tarnish, but otherwise be an elf. Same would go to serial killers and the like, or soldiers after some distasteful duty (or for some, sport).

Also, don't worry, the Chuul and Darkmantle are getting their return come Saturday. I just thought I had one more week to set up Society Below. With that said, would Sahu be up for a bet using them over a portion of an impending plane to call her own?

25. - Top - End - #775

AssassinGuy

Ohhh man, LOVE the Okuya.

I'm going to have to visit the orcs now, just to see how they react. But I've also got to visit the Molnar. Hmmmm.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Don't worry, the molnar'll keep. Besides, they tend to visit first.

Perhaps after the coup, you come to the depths to see them while Baloma forges his weapon?

27. - Top - End - #777

AssassinGuy

It will take me a little while to become aware of them, since my information network doesn't extend underground. But once I do, I have stuff to do. Life in the underground is sparse and dull. The Molnar must scarcely know beauty, as blind as they are. They could certainly craft it, but what is to inspire them?

Like you said, though, they'll keep. And if you want one to pop up under me, or go back to your earlier idea of having them eating the roots of my trees, go for it.

28. - Top - End - #778

RedKnightGirl

I think the orcs might go visiting themselves soon. Anyway Her Luminance has called dibs on the inevitable orc mangling, so unfortunately I'm going to have to decline on the curse idea Eshkigal.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Well, sparse for now, but beauty is not just seen, and as they develop, their art will tend to be ugly in appearance but speak to other senses, for their eyes say so little to them their touch, smell, and hearing don't share dozens of times better. They hear the sounds of life through the rock, those who surface breathe deep of the many vibrant sources of life, they feel the textures of the world itself in minute detail. I just am waiting until I get more people coming through to drop in the crystal caverns, tunnels where the world seems to speak in the dark, and glistening realms of nonmagical metals that travelers walk over.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-28 at 04:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780

AssassinGuy

How exactly do the orcs plan to go visit a god?

I really am curious how they will react when I walk up to some of them.

The strange, slightly sad thing is that Sunev really doesn't mind what the orcs are doing. Look to the natural world. Lions kill other males, and only the strongest can mate. Gorillas do something similar. Almost all predators will attack and drive out or kill nearby rivals. The only thing she will object to is the overhunting. Hunting an area to extinction is fine, but doing it when you don't need the food will piss her off.

So, important question. Are the orcs still overhunting, or not?