Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

I have to agree with Phobia. Would you be willing to change those names? Not a ruling, as I don't feel it's that necessary, but it would make things easier. Your call, Kapow :). I'd also like to know where "The Rest" is in relation to the planet. If I read your post correctly, it's basically the first continent?
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Also, question from me. Is anyone respecting the spawning thing? Because we're getting more and more gods just kinda showing up.... mods, are we just not doing that?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yeah, I understand.
    Didn't thought about it that way, I just like names with meaning. I think of something else.

"The Rest" (as of now "Fáin's Bearing") is something like the first "continent", but a rather small one more like a very big Island (like Sri Lanka).
    I'll write something mor in the description

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Inspector Valin: Eldamar was given permission.. But not Phobia.

@Phobia: You are not part of the initial seven.. Why are you spawning?
    *edit* My mistake. You are indeed part of the initial seven.

@ImNotTrevor: The same goes for you. Did you read the rules?
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-09 at 10:46 AM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Erm... sorry to add to the confusion, but who are the initial seven? I might have gotten the order wrong, but I thought I'd put aps down in order in my initial chart. Which would put Her Luminescence at spot number 7.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

No, no. You're quite right. I made a mistake there.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@MOD's and ImNotTrevor: I would be willing to sire Uyani while Fáin is resting his eyes
    I could change my post (again), to take it into account. As his post is after mine, we wouldn't have to change something.
    Nonetheless, should everybody follow the rules, but I wanted to ask ImNotTrevor anyway.

So would that be okay for everybody?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was pretty sure I was, but I could have been wrong. XD

Would anyone mind letting me have elves?
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-09 at 01:35 PM.
    LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

No objections from me. Can I claim Halflings?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have created the most powerful force in the universe.

The Mother of all cliche's and sappiness!

Tremble before me, you gods, and tremble in cowardice!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know this is very minor, but I just wanted to point out that it's 1 pyramid, not multiple screaming pyramids :)

@DarthArminius: I don't know why, but I absolutely love that Love is a fabled concept. It just seems perfect .

@Anubis Dread: I actually meant to type, "Suffer the destruction of your domain" but I actually like how it turned out XD. I still can't tell if Uelticrat and Saha are going to work together or not yet.. Lol.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2014-08-09 at 01:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    I know this is very minor, but I just wanted to point out that it's 1 pyramid, not multiple screaming pyramids :)

@DarthArminius: I don't know why, but I absolutely love that Love is a fabled concept. It just seems perfect .

@Anubis Dread: I actually meant to type, "Suffer the destruction of your domain" but I actually like how it turned out XD. I still can't tell if Uelticrat and Saha are going to work together or not yet.. Lol.
    It also gives me a very strong Monopoly at the same time.

13. - Top - End - #73

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    Ah, that would have made more sense. But it works either way - it's not like she gives a damn if what covers the world is ocean or sulfuric acid, ocean is ocean .

I also find it kind of hilarious that Saha's only actions in the world so far is throwing up and trying to trash other peoples stuff. She's more of a frat boy than a goddess . Oh and this is probably a no brainer, but if we're calling dibs I need to dib the Sahuagin.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@phobia: Could you please clarify, where your continent is located (in relation to the pyramid/my Island)? Thanks

15. - Top - End - #75

AssassinGuy

Oh Skyen, first and greatest of your father's children, mighty Lord of the Storm, might I suggest that now would be a good time to create air for your storms to form in, and plant the seed which will grow into me?

If you can't be bothered to spend the AP to make an atmosphere, just plant me and I will, but it seems more in your domain.

Not to overly trouble your benevolence. Surely in your rhadamanthine wisdom you have an ineffable purpose behind not yet bestowing a true existence upon one so humble as I.

Anyway, I won't be able to post until after work, but hopefully I'll be alive by then.

And if we are calling dibs on species, I call dibs on the Flower Maidens. And roses. I don't think I have much competition for either of these, but better safe than sorry.

Actually, I claim the rose as my own altogether. Nature, beauty, and love combined into one symbol.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-08-09 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

16. - Top - End - #76

I'd say fairly far from the pyramid considering I want it to be out of range of that poisonousness gas cloud. I'm not very good at geography but I'll say the Volcanic Continent is located at Australia if we assume Fain's Bearing is Europe. Does that make sense? I need a better name for that place.

Oh did anyone want me to birth them?
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-08-09 at 05:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

I've a question to pose to everyone; Would you be alright with Nergath being generally aware of who is and isn't a God. That isn't to say that she knows that person 72 in this crowd is actually God X in disguise; she simply knows that God X exists, what God X's core spheres of influence are, and roughly when God X came into being. This is just my personal wondering on how you'd all like to hangle Nergath's Domain Senses about Divinity. Considering she is the God of Making Sure Gods are Gods and Mortals are Mortals, it makes sense to me. But again, I'd like your input on the matter.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-09 at 06:02 PM.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

18. - Top - End - #78

I have no problem with it but then again she will rarely disguise herself.
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

And with a roar of confidence and the creation of the first fabled life Alcandor enters the stage!
    Hayden, Hot blooded Cyborg by Jakuu.
    Plushrump ITP!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

Before anyone else creates magic, could they check with the magic gods to make sure we're not doing something similar? Communication is key, and I'll let everyone know that I had plans to introduce rules for magic and schools unless they conflict with someone elses' domain directly unless I get permission from the player involved. (Like, Necromancy, Storms magic, etc)
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@DarkLady: Sure, some deities could simply sense who is and who isn't divine. Perhaps this way Fáin will find out what he is

22. - Top - End - #82

Hey Sahu, the canyons you made on my island don't take up the whole thing do they? I still want a place to put my people later on. I'm just trying to run you off and save the remainder of the island.
    LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #83

RedKnightGirl

Oh definitely not, I'm pretty sure a 1AP Alter would only take up, what, 1/4 of a 2AP Create at most? And that's being pretty generous all things considered. Besides the canyons aren't entirely inhabitable. Though I do have some plans

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    I've a question to pose to everyone; Would you be alright with Nergath being generally aware of who is and isn't a God. That isn't to say that she knows that person 72 in this crowd is actually God X in disguise; she simply knows that God X exists, what God X's core spheres of influence are, and roughly when God X came into being. This is just my personal wondering on how you'd all like to hangle Nergath's Domain Senses about Divinity. Considering she is the God of Making Sure Gods are Gods and Mortals are Mortals, it makes sense to me. But again, I'd like your input on the matter.
    ... I was with you until the last part, which sounds suspiciously like a 'Maya isn't Firstborn' detector.

More seriously, I don't have a problem with Nergath knowing who is and isn't a god, even to the degree of being able to see through disguises unless RcR is implemented. (After all, that's her portfolio. The difference between divinity and mortal). I'm a little less sure on the specific info there, mostly because Nergath's job doesn't require precise information on the other deities. She's not quite a Goddess of Divinity, she's a Goddess of Divine Law (specifically the difference between mortals and gods) so why does she automatically know who is god of what and for how long?

I'm not violently against that, I like domain senses, just not quite sure why she'd get the additional information. Can you explain that? It might make sense if you're pushing her more towards a 'Goddess of Divinity' role, which she is already pretty close to... or perhaps 'Divine Law' being something that binds the gods in turn to an extent? (which would explain knowledge of portfolio, and later generations' spawning.)

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    ... I was with you until the last part, which sounds suspiciously like a 'Maya isn't Firstborn' detector.

More seriously, I don't have a problem with Nergath knowing who is and isn't a god, even to the degree of being able to see through disguises unless RcR is implemented. (After all, that's her portfolio. The difference between divinity and mortal). I'm a little less sure on the specific info there, mostly because Nergath's job doesn't require precise information on the other deities. She's not quite a Goddess of Divinity, she's a Goddess of Divine Law (specifically the difference between mortals and gods) so why does she automatically know who is god of what and for how long?

I'm not violently against that, I like domain senses, just not quite sure why she'd get the additional information. Can you explain that? It might make sense if you're pushing her more towards a 'Goddess of Divinity' role, which she is already pretty close to... or perhaps 'Divine Law' being something that binds the gods in turn to an extent? (which would explain knowledge of portfolio, and later generations' spawning.)
    I invented The First Born terminology before it was cool.

26. - Top - End - #86

Kobold

Ah. I made a mistake. Just disregard my post until someone sires Uyani or something. I dunno. *le shrug

27. - Top - End - #87

AssassinGuy

Waah waah I wasn't born before point rollover waah.

Also, I'm bored. And plotting various ways to irritate you all if you cross me. I think my favorite is to make every animal cute. It is easy to be an intimidating vermin lord with spiders, and centipedes, and rats, etc. It is HARD to be one with butterflies... and hamsters... and fluffy bunnies....

Also also, since I am sad about not getting a mommy, I have decided to adopt some. So the sky which provides my seed is my father, the sun and sea which feed me are my mothers, the earth is my body and my womb.

And now my mommys are shaping up to kill each other. This calls for a dose of joy! Flowers for everyone!
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post

Well, Nergath isn't so much a deity of Divine Law, as she is of Divinity being the Law. She likes law, yes, but she puts Divinity before all else. She's the god of making sure that Gods are... well, gods. You've got it pretty spot on about the Divine Law bit, that's what she's aiming towards. The idea is to try and set up a 'Divine Court' so that there's order among gods.
    Credit to dauvis for my wonderful Avatar of Dorin Darkdelver! Eternal Gratitude lies with he! May Dorin rest in peace, though his body was defiled by Demons.

29. - Top - End - #89

AssassinGuy

Basically the entire pantheon is chaotic good, and she is lawful evil. Good luck with that.

Question for the Mods: Since I am not formally in the game yet, should I switch to my other idea, the LN tending LE empire builder? I would rather not, since I like my current character, but it would help bring balance to the gods.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    Basically the entire pantheon is chaotic good, and she is lawful evil. Good luck with that.

Question for the Mods: Since I am not formally in the game yet, should I switch to my other idea, the LN tending LE empire builder? I would rather not, since I like my current character, but it would help bring balance to the gods.
    Doesn't mean they won't recognize the good ideas that laws can bring. It just means they're more likely to disregard the laws if they don't like them.

You don't have to, it's all up to you.