Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,006 of 1006
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by kopout View Post
    I kind of surprised you didn't do anything about Sahu cursing the sky so people cant fly over the ocean without paying tribute. I don't know if you missed it or if it just doesn't bother you but if you are looking for some thing to do there is that.
    I'm dealing with the plot of Nergath right now. Don't worry about it I'm not ignoring it, but Skyen doesn't know yet.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of the Everlord (Out of character.. Or out of this world

I'm Ba-ack!

And... utterly baffled. I have NO IDEA what is going on with Skyen and the council of confused gods right now. And the thread has barely moved forwards.

I think the problem is that the thread was doing well when we were messing around with the mortal world, and now we are messing around with something we cannot influence, which only exists if we all decide it does, and we are not getting together to decide on what it is. So I am going to cruise in with a proposal, because I really liked this thread, if anyone is here to hear it.

There is no otherworldly threat.

If you think there should be some threat, discuss it here, so that we ALL know what we are talking about.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2014-09-16 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

3. - Top - End - #993

Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    I'm Ba-ack!

And... utterly baffled. I have NO IDEA what is going on with Skyen and the council of confused gods right now. And the thread has barely moved forwards.

I think the problem is that the thread was doing well when we were messing around with the mortal world, and now we are messing around with something we cannot influence, which only exists if we all decide it does, and we are not getting together to decide on what it is. So I am going to cruise in with a proposal, because I really liked this thread, if anyone is here to hear it.

There is no otherworldly threat.

If you think there should be some thread, discuss it here, so that we ALL know what we are talking about.
    It's just meant to be fluff. I'd prefer if there was an other worldly threat in an IC sense, but it's not any threat OOC.

The idea is that it's the Devourer is trying to come back to life. To Skyen, he's entirely made from the Creator, who he calls the All-Maker. Since the gods are made from both the Creator and the Maker, when something trying to take him out, it filled him with a dose of the Devourer. This made Skyen obsessed with the preservation of the Cosmic Setting. So the idea is that Skyen will eventually do all he can to fight whatever remains of the Devourer in the Setting so he can protect all life.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    It's just meant to be fluff. I'd prefer if there was an other worldly threat in an IC sense, but it's not any threat OOC.

The idea is that it's the Devourer is trying to come back to life. To Skyen, he's entirely made from the Creator, who he calls the All-Maker. Since the gods are made from both the Creator and the Maker, when something trying to take him out, it filled him with a dose of the Devourer. This made Skyen obsessed with the preservation of the Cosmic Setting. So the idea is that Skyen will eventually do all he can to fight whatever remains of the Devourer in the Setting so he can protect all life.
    I think you ought to have told us that if you wanted it to happen. Not just dropping random breadcrumbs and hoping we patch together the story. Communication is super important when organizing things like that.

5. - Top - End - #995

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by squidpope View Post
    I think you ought to have told us that if you wanted it to happen. Not just dropping random breadcrumbs and hoping we patch together the story. Communication is super important when organizing things like that.
    This is what I am trying to say. I would rather not have the Devourer try to return to life, except by guiding the actions of the evil gods. Which is, of course, just the reason why they are evil. If you want a fluff reason to make yourself very opposed to evil, that's all well and good, but you derailed the entire storyline by summoning every god into a meeting no-one understood.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

6. - Top - End - #996

This is what I am trying to say. I would rather not have the Devourer try to return to life, except by guiding the actions of the evil gods. Which is, of course, just the reason why they are evil. If you want a fluff reason to make yourself very opposed to evil, that's all well and good, but you derailed the entire storyline by summoning every god into a meeting no-one understood.
    Hmm. . . if the Devourer is literally trying to do that, and the Devourer attacked Skyen the way that happened IC, that would be enough of an effort to to mentally unhinge him, making him see all of these things happening. However, the Exalted pantheon still has a reason to exist and for Skyen to act all dramatic like he has done IC based on that reasoning.

So, I'm sorry I hijacked the thread. It was unintentional.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Another problem is we are waiting on events that we have no control over. The Fall of Nergath, waiting on others, the birth of the angel gods. Furthermore, we keep losing people...

8. - Top - End - #998
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah but once Nergath falls (which seems to be a few posts away.) We can get this conflict between the exalted and damned up and going.

Speaking of which,
    Spoiler: Nergath
    Show
    When Uraneth distracts Nergath, Azmodan will lead a sneak attack from behind, hopefully with the corrupted host and Azreal with him. Maybe shoot out a one liner and then start suffocating her, painfully.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

9. - Top - End - #999

AssassinGuy

Sorry, Skyen, maybe I'm just dense, but I *still* have no idea what you are talking about. Please, stop being vague

I think Sunev will stay asleep for a while longer, since not much has happened since she went to sleep. But I want to do something. Hmmm.

I have... a cunning plan

10. - Top - End - #1000

Sorry, Skyen, maybe I'm just dense, but I *still* have no idea what you are talking about. Please, stop being vague

I think Sunev will stay asleep for a while longer, since not much has happened since she went to sleep. But I want to do something. Hmmm.

I have... a cunning plan
    I'm not being vague. :/
    Not this time.
    The OP of the IC thread has the Creator (Maker) and Devourer getting rid of each other. Darklady basically okayed this explanation in PM. Maybe not in these words, but yes, basically, the Devourer exists either as a force, formerly an actual deity, but is now an impotent spirit, sort of like Sauron after being beaten in Lord of the Rings. All he can do is either work through the evil gods or cause evil to occur through the setting. Skyen is just saying after he was corrupted through the last power that the Devourer had to act physically in the world, he began to be delirious but actually saw real things happen. The way he saw things was convoluted in the visions however.

11. - Top - End - #1001

AssassinGuy

See, if the Devourer still existed, even if only in spirit form, you have to tell us, or we won't know.

Now that you have explained, yes, that does make sense. Thank you.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Somebody needs to come get me, because I'm locked into a conversation voiced by an MIA player

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

@squidpope: more details please ;)
    I'm lazy and not willing to search the thread

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    @squidpope: more details please ;)
    I'm lazy and not willing to search the thread
    Valin had a character who was healing the insane near the mountains of madness. I began a conversation with 2 rollovers ago and still haven't been able to leave because she hasn't posted back and I don't want o just assume control of her character.

15. - Top - End - #1005

AssassinGuy

I've PMed Valin, but really, at this point? Make your excuses and leave, or take control of the conversation entirely. It is soooo much easier.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by squidpope View Post
    Valin had a character who was healing the insane near the mountains of madness. I began a conversation with 2 rollovers ago and still haven't been able to leave because she hasn't posted back and I don't want o just assume control of her character.
    Yes, I remember now
    Buuut, I don't want to come to the material plane just now, because... (I wrote it already multiple times)